PDA

View Full Version : "My Little Ford-Shelby-Mustang-GT500-Super-Snake Pony"

Hot2Trot
10-17-2007, 12:54 PM
LoL. OK, so I am guilty !!!

I was oogling cars and saw a 2005 V6 Ford Mustang Pony Coupe- It is sooooo cute!

And while I hold issue with Mustangs, mostly because m.p.g. @ $100 a barrel of oil= OUCH :O, the Pony really is soooo pretty...
So, I have been looking for one but only running into (still pretty) GTs:

Steeda Ford Mustang GT500
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/articles/uploads/steeda_mustang_gt500.jpg
Tuned GT500 with an amped "base" of 500 to 600 horses + 13" rear brake upgrade kit and 14" slotted front rotors and upgraded pads:
Because indeed, you will need slotted rotors for a car this hot: LoL.

Shelby GT500 Super Snake
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/articles/uploads/043007_snake.jpg
With tuning options ranging from 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (Ooooh!).
Ford Racing Supercharger upgrade kit, SuperPack 600, provides 600+ horsepower and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque (OHHHHHHH!).
Pretty decorations include Shelby-designed Alcoa 20-inch wheels (Nice) and for fun, Ford Racing short-throw shifter (vrOOm !!!)...

2008 Shelby Mustang
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/articles/uploads/08ph_mustang.jpg

*shivering* .

:flirt:.

Hot2Trot
10-18-2007, 08:10 AM
What? The thread title isn't turning you guys on? LoL.

No one likes mine?

So, what are some of you guys' favorite rides?

Pics would be nice ;) .

:flirt: .

DB Cooper
10-19-2007, 06:21 AM
The new Mustangs are definitely lookers. Ford did a great job with the styling. That Super Snake though is a little too busy for my tastes. The Saleens are much cleaner looking and the base Shelby as well. This is the first new body style that could persuade me to replace my current Mustang an 89 LX. So ugly its almost cute but it goes like stink.

Hot2Trot
10-22-2007, 08:35 AM
The new Mustangs are definitely lookers. Ford did a great job with the styling.

I agree DB Cooper ;) .

That Super Snake though is a little too busy for my tastes.

What got me excited about the Super Snake is the POWER (!). I mean, not that one could ever test it under normal circumstances, but it sure is nice to imagine:

*sigh* .

The Saleens are much cleaner looking and the base Shelby as well.

http://www.carbodydesign.com/tuning-specials/2005/2005-09-04-saleen-s281-mustang/Saleen%20S281%20Mustang%201-mid.jpg

Again, agreed DB Cooper. So sleek...

This is the first new body style that could persuade me to replace my current Mustang an 89 LX. So ugly its almost cute but it goes like stink.

LoL DB Cooper ;) .

minnow
10-31-2007, 09:11 AM

No one likes mine?

Pics would be nice ;) .

Myself (and likely others) aren't turned on , because OP reeks of duplicity. Furthermore, your public profile construction does nothing to alleviate perception of duplicity.

To wit: You start out gushing about how - oh- so- cute-and-pretty base V6(least expensive) Mustang looks, then lament about only being able to find GT (more expensive V8), then post pics(and subsequent gushing praise comments) on most expensive model Shelby GT($30K dealer markups on $45K base car).

I'm not sure if you really want to talk cars, or if you're looking for sugar daddy to buy Shelby GT for you, but, I'll take the bait, and post my Mustang Ops. later.... gotta run

Hot2Trot
10-31-2007, 12:39 PM
Are you kidding me?

Did you even read /:O ?

I usually wouldn't bother, but you sound bitter, as if you have been owned IRL and probably online as well. If this is the case, it truly is a sad shame for you, as it has obviously scarred you mentally.

If you've been owned IRL, that's too bad. If you've been owned online, that's even worse, but try not to hate the world because of it.

I started this thread for reasons that any thinking person, like DB Cooper ;) for example, could deduce.
My thread title is an obvious tongue-in-cheek play on words.

Your response, however is offensive and rather ridiculous.

This thread is about dragsters, not about your misogyny.

Honestly, you are coming off as a troll right now-
(Hmmm :thinking: , Post like a troll, must be a troll...)

Take that chip on your shoulder, and your abuse, elsewhere.

On a personal note: If every girl that you have ever known who talks cars is a gold digger, then perhaps you should take an inventory on the type of people you are surrounding yourself with, instead of coming online to project your unresolved personal issues by taking cheap virtual potshots at people that you will never meet.

P.S. Do not offend the men on this board by speaking for them. I interact with many of them and I am in a position where I can speak for them when I say that they definitely have more sense than that.

Goodbye.

xdamage
10-31-2007, 06:15 PM
minnow,

Hot2Trot is either one of the greatest players of all time, or she is just what she seems to be, and has always seemed to be in her past posts, just an honest to goodness sweety with various interests. It is after all not a crime, or even unusual that women can and do like automobiles. I really must have missed something because so far Hot2Trot hasn't given me the slightest reason to believe she is anything but genuine.

minnow
10-31-2007, 09:44 PM
As promised, post on various Mustangs

V6 Base - I haven't seen many around dealers, as someone wanting to buy this type of car goes for HP. However, rental car fleets, most notably Budget has V6 base (also some GT's). Might be worthwhile to contact Fleet Sales- several cars may still have some original warranty left on them

GT(V8)- IMO, 1 of best bang for $$ values out there. Gas mileage not that much worse than V6, a lot more punch. Might as well feel good & look good

Shelby GT, etal- Saw 6 diff. @ SoCal dealer- $30K markups on $45K base car :eek: IMO, markup (or anyone paying it ) is irrational. 1st yr markups have way of becoming 2nd yr discounts- history does repeat itself...8)

minnow
10-31-2007, 09:56 PM
:-[ "DC Post": H2T- Not sure what you mean by "owned IRL & online(slave / dom relationship???)- but, whatever, sure sounds way off base to me.

My apologies for having offended you. Reading your public profile "biographical statement"- came across as conceited & self centered to me. May not be true, but things can be (mis)interpreted different ways. BTW, I am acquainted with female who has restored various bits of machinery, and is board member of different organizations(semi-technical, historical). Thus, I don't regard female interest in machinery to be an alien concept. Her communication style is more straightforward/less cutesy than yours- again sorry for misunderstanding you, will be more careful in future.

xdamage
11-01-2007, 11:29 AM
My apologies for having offended you. Reading your public profile "biographical statement"- came across as conceited & self centered to me.

Well, she has been one of friendliest posters we have ever had from the pink side. I think in this case, you jumped to a conclusion (people do that, but even so) and an apology is warranted.

Katrine
11-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Wow, way to revvvv up to turbo super-douche.

I don't know much about cars, but when I was in high school, the coolest car on earth to have was probably a 89-92 Mustang GT. If you scored one of those, the world was yours. So I have a soft spot for the 'tang and may one day get one restored from one of those years. Midlife crisis awaits. 12 more years I predict....

Dirty Ernie
11-01-2007, 10:48 PM
I had a '65 GT fastback ('89-'03). The new ones make me a little nostalgic, but I wish they had put a little dip in the beltline behind the door. Been reluctant to test drive one for fear of buying it.

WiseGuy_TX
11-04-2007, 07:41 AM
...there is only one legend in my world.

OdysseusNJ
11-10-2007, 11:08 PM

No one likes mine?

H2T I'm sure if I saw you in a mustang it would make my day. Hot chicks in hot cars are awesome. I'm friends with this gorgeous girl with a Boxster, oh my god...

Pics would be nice ;) .

I've rented a 6cyl convertible stang for a ride on the Pacific Coast Highway - great freeway cruiser but it handled kind of like a pig on the PCH. I'm going to test drive the GT because of the torque and 4 seats appeal and hope the suspension is tighter but I'm pretty sure come April this will be mine instead...

http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15066&d=1193710457

Sh0t
11-11-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm more excited about the finally finalized GT-R

azdd
11-25-2007, 07:16 AM
I saw a car that looked just like this one from the OP on I-10 last week near the Arizona-New Mexico border westbound, although I'm not sure if it was a Shelby or not. It had an Arizona vanity license plate that said SMY HGR. Does anyone know if Sammy Hagar drives one? I didn't get a good look at the driver, and he was gone like a bat out of hell.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/articles/uploads/steeda_mustang_gt500.jpg

Howie
11-26-2007, 05:34 PM
I rented a Mustang once on vacation for fun. Ended up being the most uncomfortable car I've ever driven. Knees were against the dashboard and head rubbed the ceiling. The Focus had more room.

minnow
11-29-2007, 12:02 PM
I rented a Mustang once on vacation for fun. Ended up being the most uncomfortable car I've ever driven. Knees were against the dashboard and head rubbed the ceiling. The Focus had more room.

Well, I'm north of 6', felt comfortable in Mustang, headroom, and legroom-wise. This based on showroom visit to SoCal dealer near business hotel. No test drive allowed, but I could sit in cars all I wanted. Particular dealer had 6 examples of 3 diff. custom Mustangs (ShelbyGT, RoushGT, and GT500). The later had $25K markup on top of $51.6K base. ($76.6K total):O

Shelby GT- A white example w. auto xmission & Nav stickered for $45.8K. This has 319HP vs 300 on base GT. Sales rep didn't know HP on this model(Imagine that!!)::) Anyway, $9.5K package gets cold air induction, restricted flow muffler, tighter suspension, more agressive rear axle(3.55), and some stinkin' badges. I climbed inside manual xmission example- came with 5 spd Hurst shifter. Shifts were short throw, light, and precise- a very good combination.

Roush GT- $15K package supercharger boost to 435 HP is main attraction. A blue example went for $48K. I surmise that manual xmission only option here- the Roush 5 sp on this model had short throw, but felt clunkier and less precise than Hurst.

The panel layout seemed good on both these 2, although Shelby GT had 2 more fluid/status gauges than Roush. With hands in proper driving position, I couldn't read speedometer beyond 80MPH;D , but had no problem reading tach- just shift before the redline.

Cool rides, but if I had $76K to spend on car, I'd rather get Corvette Z06- I've seen some 08 "basic" models w. $6K discount going for 65K.

Ferret
12-04-2007, 11:26 AM
The Mustang exterior styling is thoroughly pleasing but the interior has the look of cheap add-ons that were integrated as an afterthought.

minnow
11-11-2008, 09:54 AM
As promised, post on various Mustangs

Shelby GT, etal- Saw 6 diff. @ SoCal dealer- $30K markups on $45K base car :eek: IMO, markup (or anyone paying it ) is irrational. 1st yr markups have way of becoming 2nd yr discounts- history does repeat itself...8)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well, here it is about a year after above post (11-01-07)- after mid Oct. meltdown, I've seen Shelby GT500's at several different dealers with "ADP" sticker removed- at least in Midwest. Around Labor Day, dealer had $10k "ADP", gone now. Don't know what CA dealers are doing, but up to $30k drop in 1 yr. is quite a drop, even more so on % basis.

hockeybobby
11-11-2008, 11:18 AM
This isn't my car, but a pic of an identical replica from the internet:

http://www.mustangreview.com/images/67vert_01_frontright.jpg

I've had mine since 1986. Original invoice purchase price was $2740...I had it appraised last year for insurance at 25K. I've seen a couple of recessions come and go, and usually toys like this go down in value due to supply/demand.

When I first bought it, I immediately drove down to Daytona beach for a couple of weeks. It wasn't the most comfortable for long trips...good for parades and short cruises though. A definite head-turner.

Earl_the_Pearl
11-15-2009, 11:07 PM
^ but up to $30k drop in 1 yr. is quite a drop, even more so on % basis.
I talked to a guy at the track the other week and he bought a new 2009 GT in Pennsylvania for $19,000.

xdamage
11-16-2009, 09:13 AM
I love your car HB but would have a hard time feeling comfortable driving it without feeling guilt. It is old enough and clean enough (well the one in the pic is) that I'd want to garage it most of the year.

My daughter's father in law just bought an old hardtop Mustang around $30K in pristine condition. It is a hideous gold color but that was one of the hot colors in its day (though he has said some people ask, why would you buy a gold one?).

Unfortunately it also remains in the garage, on rare occasion taken out for shows. Hmm... somehow a car that one cannot drive (at least during the summer) feels all wrong ;)

Earl_the_Pearl
11-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Unfortunately it also remains in the garage, on rare occasion taken out for shows. Hmm... somehow a car that one cannot drive (at least during the summer) feels all wrong ;)
In New Jersey they offer historic plates that start with QQ. One does not have to inspect the car but it is limited to 7000 miles a year and is "street legal". This guy has a 69 GTO that he trailers to the track on Friday nights, street legal night. He only drives the car a few miles a year one quarter mile at a time.

This thing is right out of "The Fast and the Furious" with a blower sticking two feet out of the hood. His front wheels jump two feet off the ground and he runs in the mid 9s. It is a sight to see a pristine antique work so well. So I guess one does not have to drive far to have fun.

hockeybobby
11-16-2009, 06:19 PM
I love your car HB but would have a hard time feeling comfortable driving it without feeling guilt. It is old enough and clean enough (well the one in the pic is) that I'd want to garage it most of the year.

It is garaged most of the time, it's true. It only comes out on sunny, pleasant days. But I don't have any problem driving it...it's like putting on an old, comfortable pair of levis. It's always a great feeling.

minnow
11-17-2009, 12:29 AM
I talked to a guy at the track the other week and he bought a new 2009 GT in Pennsylvania for $19,000.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Was that for keeping or "flipping"? I've seen some unsold 08 Roush 427R's around. Two months ago, I saw a SoCal dealer with a 09 ZR1 marked up $50k above sticker at a time when some dealers further east (MI, GA) were advertising $2k- $4k under sticker. Pays to shop around, still sounds like you got a good deal on yours.

Earl_the_Pearl
11-19-2009, 05:01 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Was that for keeping or "flipping"?
He just uses it for racing. It has 800 miles on it and the clutch is half gone. He put a couple thousand in mods on it. He ran a 13.00 that night; it killed him that he couldn't get a 12 second run.

Almost Jaded
11-01-2012, 01:57 AM
Why'd this thread die? Any car guys still around? Please? lol...

The new Mustang's are sweet, but still suffer from an insanely cheap-feeling interior. And I owned Saturns for years - so if I say an interior feels cheap, it's BAD, lol. I haven't ever owned a 'stang, but I know lots of people who have them and I've spent plenty of time behind thr wheel of everything from '80's Fox bodies in both 4 and 8 cylinder trim to an SVO to a 2001 V6 to a 2001 V8 to a 2006 Shelby 500. They're fun - but I just don't LIKE them. :shrug:

As for the garage queen dilema - a car like that begs to be driven, yet it should be kept in good shape and not have miles racked up - there's a guy in SLC with an "Eleanor", '65 Shelby fastback, who tracks and autocrosses the piss outta that thing. I kind of love him for that. :)

My all time fav - doing this in a hurry so pics later if anyone else posts here - is the Ariel Atom. Pure form following function. Gorgeous if you appreciate that.

As for myself and what I've owned and want to own... Geez - thta'd be a novel, lol. I've been more into the 4 cyl pocket-rocket scene. I"ve owned all different kinds of cars though, and my all-time favorite - feel free to tease but if you've never owned one you just won't get it - was my 2005 Saturn Ion Redline. One of those cars that the engineers just got something right; some X-factor that not all cars have. To whit, I replaced it with a 2009 Mazdaspeed3 - the best reviewed and some say best period FWD sportscar ever built. It was fun, don't get me wrong - but I just couldn't fall in love with it like I did the Ion. Didn't put a shit-eating grin on my face every time I started it up like the Saturn did. So the search begins for a new love like that. I might break down and try a Miata, I hear they do that to people; but I'd have to crank up the power for sure. I'd like to have seats for 4, too. I'm big on the CTS-V - the older ones - and 2005's can be had around 20-25k nowadays. RWD, LS6/T56 combo, and dreampt up and executed by the same people that created the Redline. Might have to try that on, lol.

minnow
11-02-2012, 01:07 AM
AJ; A lot of tech talk threads are dormant, with front page > 1 yr old. About a year or so back, I was lucky enough to get a rental upgrade to the Mustang GT 5.0L. It was a blast to drive, as far as automatics go. I've heard that the 6 speed manual on it has some problems. A manual xmission is a must on these cars, IMO. 8)

The cue ball shifter looks neat on the Boss 302, Roush, and Shelby GT500 series. Just wondering if Boss or Roush versions are saddled with the same transmission, or shifter as the base model. If former has a different "better" shifter, I'd be tempted to try one. :propeller

lopaw
11-13-2012, 10:38 PM
I was in the market for either the 2013 Boss 302/Laguna Seca or maybe the Shelby GT500 to replace my old 2004 325i, but after the addition of a second dog, I decided it would be ridiculous to subject a brand new pricey street rocket to the indignities that two large unruly hounds would inflict upon it.

*sigh*.....guess it's time to price 2 year old Tacoma's again. :-\

Almost Jaded
11-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Or - buy a slightly older 'stang, AND a slightly older Tacoma...