PDA

View Full Version : Where do you sit?

Svelt
11-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Given the choice, where do you sit when you go out somewhere?

Are you picky or do you not care?

Do you have reasons?

My preference, back to a wall, clear view of the entrance, and an alternate exit nearby. I'm less picky about this the past few years, but don't feel comfortable in a SC unless I find this type of seating.

Several dancers have asked about it lately, kinda curious about other peoples preferences.

I used to be a bouncer in pretty rough clubs. The first punch someone would throw would be from behind to the back of my head. Unless I was moving thru the crowd I would keep a wall to my back, with nothing between me and the wall. Eventually I just adopted it all the time, working or not.

I have pretty much dropped it when going out except at the SC. I would hazard a guess that the SC is the only place I go alone.

Howie
11-21-2007, 05:10 PM
I look for a dark corner out of sight of the bouncer.

doc-catfish
11-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Every club is different. Personally, I like to have the high traffic aisle in front of me which is usually the first row of tables. That way I can get up and about if needed (stage tip, pee break) and flag down dancers that are walking by, or have them notice me better.

Nonetheless, if I had Svelt's experience, I'd probably feel different about it. Hell, I might have stopped going to clubs in general.
:eek:

yoda57us
11-21-2007, 06:18 PM
It depends on the club. My fav works at a club with a very small bar right by the main entrance. It's pretty clear that the guys who sit there are not spenders and most of the dancers don't bother you when you sit there. Ordinarily this would be perfect for me if I was on a recon mission. In this case I spend the afternoon sitting with my fav so the bar thing really doesn't work. We find a table in a dark corner for a few hours as a prelude to a dark booth...

If it's a new club I like to be near the door. My preference is just to be out of the direct line of "ya wanna dance" fire until I decide I'm interested.

Lapaholic
11-21-2007, 06:43 PM
I like to sit where its the most quiet - if thats even possible. Otherwise a little out of the way ( dark corner - or opposite side of the stage exit - so I can set my own pace - again if its possible.

mr_punk
11-21-2007, 06:51 PM
i like to see strippers before they see me. so, after i make sure my wautress knows where i'm sitting. i like to sit away from high traffic areas in a dark area that will escape cursory inspection, yet still have a good view of the ass scattered about the club. it's funny, some of the girls on the roster have an idea of when i might show up ITC. i'll see them walk out and scan every dark nook and cranny on the floor like The Terminator before heading over to my table after they spot me.

Lunarobverse
11-21-2007, 08:38 PM
I tend to go to one of two clubs.

The first one is in my neighborhood, and has four different stages, all at different heights and in different rooms. Kinda hard to describe. And I tend to follow one or two of my favorite dancers as they work their way through the stages. So I'm always moving from stage to stage. But at each stage I have a favorite spot to sit. If that makes any sense without me drawing a diagram, then my war with words is won.

The second one is a much smaller club and only has one stage, and a small audience area. I prefer to sit on one of the corners of the stage, usually at stage left, near the DJ booth, so I can look at the stage or see most of the audience without turning my head too much.

SeppeSai
11-22-2007, 02:31 AM
I always hit the back row. If the ATF is on stage, I go up and tip her, then wait in the back row for her. When she's done with her thank-yous , she collects me and we go off to VIP.

When I used to hit the club by my work, I would sit at the bar and talk to the bartender.

lestat1
11-22-2007, 09:43 PM
I sit at the stage with a good view of who is coming out of the dressing room. My clubs are low-hustle, so if I want a dance, I often have to get it myself.

Bob_Loblaw
11-22-2007, 11:13 PM
In the back (preferably against a wall). I like to be able to see the entire club while at the same time preventing girls from sneaking up on me from behind.

xdamage
11-24-2007, 12:16 AM
I sit at the stage because if I sit anywhere else invariably within 30 seconds a dancer will sit herself down next to me and start the hustle. If I say no thanks, another takes her place. Problem is, I really hate the hustle, and hate saying "No thanks" over and over.

I really just want a while to kick back with a drink or two and chill before buying dances. At the stage, at least in some clubs, it is understood that guys tipping at the stage are off limits.

Once I've had a couple of drinks, then I go get the girl I want.

GenWar
11-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Oh God. This is one of the oldest arguments between me and the Wingman. In fact, he no longer argues...he simply stands quietly until I "find the seats".

I am SO unbelievably anal about seating that it occasionally scares me. I sometimes have to walk the circuit of a club two-three times to find the right seating. For me, a good seat has several factors to consider:

1) Ease of approach - can girls easily come and talk to you? Most dancers are not going to fight to reach an unknown customer and many won't even make a strong effort. You got to be easy to reach, from a purely physical standpoint.
2) Access to the stage - I don't want to sit AT the stage, usually, but I do want to tip. I need to be able to get to the stage easily.
3) Room for additional seating - I want a girl to sit with me. Ideally, for an extended period of time. There needs to be some place for them to sit.
4) View of the club - I LOVE to people watch. Especially in the club. The more of the club I can see and the clearer the view, the better.
5) Rear access - I prefer to minimize the number of people behind me. Back to a wall is the best case. Back to a walking path or throughfare is the worst case.
6) Noticability by waitresses - Some spots simply do not hit the waitresses regular rounds. I have been in a club for 3 hours without being offered beverage service. Seat choosing is the best way to avoid this.
7) Comfort - Some seats are physically superior/inferior to others just in terms of chair style and table size, etc.

Those are the biggies..there are a few other smaller consideration but ideally, I try to maximize my preferences in those categories. Over the years, I have gotten pretty good at finding the best seats easily. Of course, in a lot of the best clubs, seat choice is reduced to what is available...in which case, you take what you can get.

Of course, once you have the seats, the key is not to lose them to someone else...which is why either myself or the wingman stays at the table at ALL times.

-gen

yoda57us
11-30-2007, 12:24 PM
I sit at the stage because if I sit anywhere else invariably within 30 seconds a dancer will sit herself down next to me and start the hustle. If I say no thanks, another takes her place. Problem is, I really hate the hustle, and hate saying "No thanks" over and over.

I really just want a while to kick back with a drink or two and chill before buying dances. At the stage, at least in some clubs, it is understood that guys tipping at the stage are off limits.

Once I've had a couple of drinks, then I go get the girl I want.

This is interesting in that, in the clubs I frequent, the trend seems to be more and more that dancers DON'T leave you alone to enjoy the stage show as they should. I find it extremely rude to be approached by a dancer when I am sitting at the stage-both to me and to the dancer on stage.
If I'm up there it is because I am interested in the girl who is dancing.
I'm admittedly old school about this but, years ago, customers who didn't tip and dancer's who were not dancing simply were not allowed to sit at the stage.

yoda57us
11-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Oh God. This is one of the oldest arguments between me and the Wingman. In fact, he no longer argues...he simply stands quietly until I "find the seats".

I am SO unbelievably anal about seating that it occasionally scares me. I sometimes have to walk the circuit of a club two-three times to find the right seating. For me, a good seat has several factors to consider:

1) Ease of approach - can girls easily come and talk to you? Most dancers are not going to fight to reach an unknown customer and many won't even make a strong effort. You got to be easy to reach, from a purely physical standpoint.
2) Access to the stage - I don't want to sit AT the stage, usually, but I do want to tip. I need to be able to get to the stage easily.
3) Room for additional seating - I want a girl to sit with me. Ideally, for an extended period of time. There needs to be some place for them to sit.
4) View of the club - I LOVE to people watch. Especially in the club. The more of the club I can see and the clearer the view, the better.
5) Rear access - I prefer to minimize the number of people behind me. Back to a wall is the best case. Back to a walking path or throughfare is the worst case.
6) Noticability by waitresses - Some spots simply do not hit the waitresses regular rounds. I have been in a club for 3 hours without being offered beverage service. Seat choosing is the best way to avoid this.
7) Comfort - Some seats are physically superior/inferior to others just in terms of chair style and table size, etc.

Those are the biggies..there are a few other smaller consideration but ideally, I try to maximize my preferences in those categories. Over the years, I have gotten pretty good at finding the best seats easily. Of course, in a lot of the best clubs, seat choice is reduced to what is available...in which case, you take what you can get.

Of course, once you have the seats, the key is not to lose them to someone else...which is why either myself or the wingman stays at the table at ALL times.

-gen

Lol, Like I said Gen, High Art!

xdamage
11-30-2007, 01:08 PM
This is interesting in that, in the clubs I frequent, the trend seems to be more and more that dancers DON'T leave you alone to enjoy the stage show as they should. I find it extremely rude to be approached by a dancer when I am sitting at the stage-both to me and to the dancer on stage.
I'm admittedly old school about this but, years ago, customers who didn't tip and dancer's who were not dancing simply were not allowed to sit at the stage.

Oh, no, I always tip at the stage. It is worth a few bucks to not be hustled.

yoda57us
11-30-2007, 03:45 PM
X, I wasn't trying to imply that you don't tip at the stage, sorry if it came off that way.
Mine was more of a complaint against dancers who bug me when I am sitting at the stage trying to watch the girl who is dancing on it.

xdamage
11-30-2007, 04:44 PM
X, I wasn't trying to imply that you don't tip at the stage, sorry if it came off that way.
Mine was more of a complaint against dancers who bug me when I am sitting at the stage trying to watch the girl who is dancing on it.

Gotcha.

It is why I don't care for Spearmint Rhino in Vegas. Most girls will still interrupt customers at the stage, which you'd think is behavior they wouldn't appreciate if they were up on stage. I don't mind tipping at the stage. In fact I think it is entirely reasonable, a $1 or $2 per dance given the entertainment vs time, but is it so much to ask? Please PLEASE DON'T HUSTLE ME at the stage. Seems like a simple thing.

Jenny
11-30-2007, 05:21 PM
Mine was more of a complaint against dancers who bug me when I am sitting at the stage trying to watch the girl who is dancing on it.Heh. I'll do this unless there is a club rule against it. I dunno - I don't really believe in a "hustle free zone" in the club.

crizgolfer
11-30-2007, 05:46 PM
I dunno - I don't really believe in a "hustle free zone" in the club.

Not even the Men's Room???:O

FBR
11-30-2007, 06:04 PM
I rarely park myself stage side but when I do that means I'm in the mood for short pay per view samplings. A dancer who tries to hustle me then will likely get shoo'd away like a pesky fly. She can wait a few minutes until I return to my table.

FBR

Jenny
11-30-2007, 06:12 PM
Not even the Men's Room???:O
Well I used to hustle in the men's room. But I wound up just getting disgusted over all the guys not washing their hands.

FBR
11-30-2007, 06:25 PM
Well I used to hustle in the men's room. But I wound up just getting disgusted over all the guys not washing their hands.

I've seen guys dressed to the 9's just give it a couple of shakes and head right back out to the floor. Since it's unimaginable that they would do that in real life, I have to believe it's some sort of statement about strippers.

FBR

Jenny
11-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Well, I imagine a highly stylized french accent inside their heads screaming out "I piss on you! I piss on ALL of you!" But then I thought that was crazy.

FBR
11-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Well, I imagine a highly stylized french accent inside their heads screaming out "I piss on you! I piss on ALL of you!" But then I thought that was crazy.

But it does make for an easy fucko. I mean, all I have to do is discretely point at a guy (who has caught the eye of a stripper I've had at my table but is considering wandering) and say "You're right. I bet he does have money. But his bathroom hygiene is, well...never mind. You go girl but be sure to make him sit on his hands".

Works every time ;)

FBR

crizgolfer
12-01-2007, 03:58 PM

Jeeeeeeeennnnnnyyyy....I'm waiting in stall 2 for some VIP time. I promise I'll wash my hands when we are done.;)

bem401
12-02-2007, 09:05 AM

I've definitely observed this too. Maybe it's a general slowdown in the business ( or perhaps something else ) but the girls have definitely turned it up a notch in the quest for dances. Approaching guys at the stage, offering discounts and/or hinting at extras all seem to be more in evidence as of late.

doc-catfish
12-02-2007, 09:15 AM
The getting bugged while sitting at the rail thing seems to vary from club to club. Around here, you're still going to get approached, not just for dances, but by the tip walkers. As a result, these seats are usually collecting dust, only occasionally occupied by people who are there to specifically see the girl on stage and leave, or don't know any better.

Oddly enough the one club around here that forbades dancers from doing this is the one with people will actually sit at the rail...and tip. Go figure.
:shrug:

Casual Observer
12-02-2007, 06:27 PM

Agreed. I think it's getting worse.

Brendita
12-02-2007, 08:26 PM
I sit at the stage of the hottest girl there. More so that the male custies dont come over and try to chat me up than anything, but I am there to look at boobs anyway. I may as well be right up front where they can be stuck in my face. :)

yoda57us
12-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Heh. I'll do this unless there is a club rule against it. I dunno - I don't really believe in a "hustle free zone" in the club.

In the era of the lap dance stage money just doesn't seem to mean what it used to...which may be why stage shows are not what they used to be... but that's another whole topic...

The hustle thing doesn't really bother me. I have no problem saying no to a girl weather I'm at the stage, the bar or a table. I just happen to think, and many of the old school dancers I know agree, that when a girl is on stage she should be able to work her customers-the guys sitting at the stage-the same way the girls working the floor can work theirs-without having another dancer cut in on them.

xdamage
12-05-2007, 05:00 PM
I am guessing... just a guess mind you, but if I was up on the stage, I would think it was uncool if the other girls were distracting the tipping customers at the rail. The notion of do unto others applies. Yet in so many clubs, it appears that it is every dancer for herself. A trend that I view as an overall negative.

yoda57us
12-05-2007, 05:41 PM
I am guessing... just a guess mind you, but if I was up on the stage, I would think it was uncool if the other girls were distracting the tipping customers at the rail. The notion of do unto others applies. Yet in so many clubs, it appears that it is every dancer for herself. A trend that I view as an overall negative.

I think the "every dancer for herself" mentality pretty much exists anyway. I've never had any illusions about any sort of stripper sisterhood existing beyond dancers being courteous and respectful of each other. Sure, people in all occupations make friends with a coworker here and there but there is no blood ritual going on in the dressing room...other than the occasional chair being broken over one dancers head by another....

What is missing is any sort of professional courtesy. A girl is sitting with a guy for 20 minutes, gets up to use the ladies room before heading to the PD area with him and another girl moves in and starts working the guy. Now, shame on the guy I say for not sending girl number two away but a few years ago this wouldn't even have been an issue. No other dancer would have approached the guy until the gal either got her dances or gave up on him.

No dancer ever owns a customer but there are just certain rules of professional etiquette that seem to be lost on a lot of girls nowadays. In this sense I agree with X that this trend is an overall negative.

Katrine
12-05-2007, 11:17 PM
I got the hottest dance from this sexy, sweet, funny, lovely dancer last night. I was sitting at the poker table. If that means anything...........I prob. don't count amongest these threads...

xdamage
12-06-2007, 12:16 AM
Yes I was thinking professional etiquette - similar to one sales person doesn't take another's customers. It reflects poorly on the industry, and lack of respect among peers has a way of flowing down to a poorer experience for the customer as well.

yoda57us
12-06-2007, 06:12 AM
Yes I was thinking professional etiquette - similar to one sales person doesn't take another's customers. It reflects poorly on the industry, and lack of respect among peers has a way of flowing down to a poorer experience for the customer as well.

It definitely does flow down to the customer when the backstabbing creates a negative vibe in the club.

Another reason why I prefer older dancers. They tend to come in to work, make their money and leave. The younger girls who are always hanging together in groups yapping have little interest for me and I really don't like to spend a lot of time listening to a girl bitch about another girl.
If a fav is having a problem in the club I'm always willing to listen and give advice if she wants it. Since the women I prefer all have IQ's above that of a pet rock it tends to be a more of a situation where they just need a sympathetic ear to vent to, not the usual "that bitch stole my dress and I'm gonna get her" foolishness.

yoda57us
12-06-2007, 06:19 AM
I got the hottest dance from this sexy, sweet, funny, lovely dancer last night. I was sitting at the poker table. If that means anything...........I prob. don't count amongest these threads...

LOL, I dunno Kat, there are no poker tables at the clubs I go to so I'm not sure what the etiquette is for approaching customers at them...:-\

Jenny
12-06-2007, 07:04 AM
I dunno Yoda - I find as long you abide by the rules set out for mutual cooperation there are not a lot of problems (of course I'm not a real people person, and frequently just find myself oblivious to their problems). And sometimes that means hustling by the stage. And while maybe in a perfect universe, every other dancer would be busy elsewhere in the room while the entire stage was scintillated by my performance, I kind of get that her interest in making $100-$200 outweighs my interest in making $3-$6. And of course there is the option of encouraging or requesting the customer to tip on your behalf too. If it against the rules I don't do it, because then she feels pretty entitled to that $6. But when I've worked in clubs that didn't have the "no stage hustling" rule I've never noticed a rise in drama or discourtesy or unfriendliness, so I don't think there is correlation.

yoda57us
12-06-2007, 08:28 AM
It is admittedly a gray area but there is a huge difference between sitting next to a guy at the stage, chatting him up and encouraging him to tip the dancer up on the stage as you chat with him and grabbing his arm and asking him if he wants a PD as he is tipping the girl on stage and trying to watch the show.

What I'm talking about really has nothing to do with any club rules Jenny. It's plain old fashioned dancer/sales etiquette and it really goes beyond six dollars versus hundreds. Though some dancers view the stage set as an irritating necessity, an interruption in the midst of their floor hustle, others use the stage set as an opportunity to prospect for future lap dances. Speaking for myself I never buy a dance from anyone until I have seen them on stage. At the dawn of the lap dance era, it was fairly common for a dancer to ask if a customer was interested in a private as he was tipping her on stage. When a dancer tries to lure a guy away from the stage as he is watching another dancer she is, in my mind and in the opinion of dancers that I have had this discussion with, cutting in.

Admittedly I am a dinosaur and most of the dancers I like are in their early to mid 30's and started in "stage money" clubs so my viewpoint may be a bit antiquated...but I don't think so....

rippyd
12-06-2007, 12:21 PM
GenWar--Your seating philosophy is very similar to mine. However, your Rule #2 is probably the one that trumps all others for me. Not a big fan of sitting at the stage, but I do like to be within easy tipping distance.

BTW, GenWar, you are like Wikipedia for strip club etiquette, rules, and practices. If I need to find something out, usually I can find a post of yours that covers the matter in exhaustive fashion. Much appreciated.

deluc
12-24-2007, 11:57 AM
Along the back row toward the middle of the wall, so I can see almost everyone.

Occasionally at the Stage if there is someone really Hot up there.

Often on my hands during a lapdance. (Go figure)

yoda57us
12-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Often on my hands during a lapdance. (Go figure)

Dude, you are going to the wrong clubs....;)

PrettyCurlieQ
12-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Are you only talking about where you sit in a strip club? Or are you asking about seating in general??

Anyways, I never hang out in strip clubs. Well, rarely. And seating isn't super important, but I don't want to be all the way in the back or anything. I want to be able to see the stage/s and be in the middle of people. In a restaurant, I prefer to be around less people, and definitely prefer a booth. In the bathroom, I usually sit in the closest available stall. In a regular bar/club, I like to be where I can see the bar and lots of people-traffic. I like to people watch.

startngate
01-07-2008, 05:00 PM
What is missing is any sort of professional courtesy. A girl is sitting with a guy for 20 minutes, gets up to use the ladies room before heading to the PD area with him and another girl moves in and starts working the guy. Now, shame on the guy I say for not sending girl number two away but a few years ago this wouldn't even have been an issue. No other dancer would have approached the guy until the gal either got her dances or gave up on him.

No dancer ever owns a customer but there are just certain rules of professional etiquette that seem to be lost on a lot of girls nowadays. In this sense I agree with X that this trend is an overall negative.

Couldn't agree more! I can't count the number of times I've been approached with the line "is she coming back" ... drives me crazy as a custy ... can't imagine how it plays in the dressing room ... >:(

Snappa
01-14-2008, 05:29 AM
I prefer sitting at the bar. It's not a far walk to the stage, and I'll get up to tip the girls. But I find I attract too much hustle when sitting near the stage on the floor, or god-forbid, the rail. When my ATF does a set, I'll usually go sit at the rail, but will have the bartender save my seat.