PDA

View Full Version : Strip clubs are for fun

Lunarobverse
12-04-2007, 02:13 AM
Here's a viewpoint I haven't seen expressed 'round here much: Strip clubs are fun!

How simple is that? Dancing naked girls are fun to look at! The clubs I like to go to have excellent stage shows, and the dancers all have a stage presence and awesome stage routines. The crowds are wild and the music is loud and the booze is cheap and not watered down.

I'm not there to meet the girl of my dreams. I'm not there to take a girl out to lunch. I'm not going to spend all night wondering if she "really really likes me" or what she's really thinking about when I'm getting a lapdance.

I'm a materialist, an atheist, and a cynic. I don't believe in altruism. I know that I'm trading my money for services rendered. And y'know what? I like it like that. I won't be able to take it with me, I don't have kids or a spouse to support. When I'm gone, I won't be here, or anywhere, really.

So why not have some fun while I'm here? I'm just some guy who likes to tell and be told stories. I'm not going to change the world. Fuck it. Might as well dance, and drink, and sing, and shout.

That may not be what you want. Maybe you've got big dreams about how you're in control and you're gonna show everyone what's what. Maybe you believe in finding your ultimate soulmate, two hearts beating as one. Maybe you're above all that and you're saving your pennies for that rainy day and you're trying to get somethin' for nothin' or next to it.

That's nice. Great. You can believe all that.

I'll just be over here having the time of my life - the only one I'm gonna get. I'm gonna enjoy the view, and the dances, and the entertainment, and I'm gonna drink until I'm nice and buzzed, and sing along with the songs I know, and shake my fist at the sky, and forget that we're all wandering through this vale of tears, alone at birth and death, and alone too much in-between, no matter how much or how little you have.

Strip clubs are for fun. When I'm tossing money on the stage after watching the fire dancers... or trying to collect my wits after an amazing private dance... or asking some beautiful woman just where she learned to do that trick... I'll have a huge shit-eating grin on my face and be lovin' every minute of it!

Fuck yeah! Strip clubs are for fun, baby!

xdamage
12-04-2007, 02:26 AM
Where is this SC where the booze is cheap and not watered down?

Susan Wayward
12-04-2007, 02:29 AM
That was lovely.

LO, I hate to tell you this, but Portland is one of the few places where strip clubs are just, well, fun, with good drinks, cheap or no cover, friendly strippers, and patrons who socialize. If you enjoy the Portland model you will be disappointed almost anywhere else. And while it isn't the best money I've ever made, it's respectable and certainly the most fun place I have worked.

Of course, if you live for high mileage and hate tattoos and friendly people you will think Portland clubs blow.

Lunarobverse
12-04-2007, 02:41 AM
xdamage: I might have a different idea of what "cheap" is... since I don't have a wife and kids to support, I don't own a car, and I've rented the same apartment so long that there's no way I could find a house for cheaper in the same neighborhood. The legacy I'm going to leave behind won't cost me nothin' but time and words on a page (or a screen). That means I get to spend my money on whatever the fuck I want to spend it on. :) When I'm dead and gone, I'm going to be beyond caring.

Susan: I've been to clubs in other cities - Vegas, Seattle, SF, New Orleans, Austin... I guess I prefer the Portland model. I posted my rant because I just came from finally getting to see a real, live, Fire Dancer (two, actually) at a seedy little club in dirty southeast Portland, which was amazing, and hanging out with one of my favorite dancers, and gettin' drunk to wash away my troubles.

I had to laugh when this girl saw me and immediately gave me a story about having her car break down and how expensive it is to tow it and how she really needs the money. It was a hustle, and a transparent one, and I had to tell her that all that doesn't matter, so why even go there? I'm good for a couple of dances and that's good enough for me.

It's fun while I'm there, and I don't throw hundreds around but I tip and buy drinks and dances and... y'know... I have some fun.

GenWar
12-04-2007, 06:54 AM
Interesting...

Portland is the number one town on my list of places to visit (after my trip to St. Louis in August) and not just for Stripperaoke at Devil's Point. ;)

One view I have always advocated here is to embrace the idea that it takes all kinds. This is similar to what you say in a way. I really like your view. It has aspects that I can embrace and aspects that don't fit for me. And that's cool, right? It takes all kinds. We all have our own kind of fun.

My view of SCJ is to keep your own philosophy but to learn the lessons of others. mr_punk will never let us forget that they *HATE* us and we should behave accordingly. Yoda learned long ago the lesson that I am only starting to get an inkling of...that alcohol is probably more trouble than it is worth, especially if you don't know what you are doing in its use (and it is almost impossible to tell if you don't know what you are doing until it is too late.) This list goes on and on...It takes all kinds.

Still, you make good points...I'll meet ya at Devil's Point...I'll buy.

-gen

doc-catfish
12-04-2007, 09:06 AM
I've never been to Portland, but from what I hear of it, the clubs there sound like a throwback to the olden days, when the strip clubs were really "strip bars". There was probably five girls per shift max (and they got paid a wage). The private dances were mostly if not completely air, if the place had them available at all. Back then, the stage meant something because thats all there was. There were no $10+ cover charges, no burly bouncers in tuxes, no champagne rooms, no dancer drinks, no plush couches. It was Cheers with naked women. It was a place where you could go have a good time for $50.

Strange as it seems, I sometimes wish we could all go back to that.

Lunarobverse
12-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Y'all are welcome! I read threads on here and SW where folks take things so seriously. Deconstructing gender politics or re-wiring how and why men and women do things, or figuring out the best hustle for the least amount of money... yeah, that's awesomely entertaining, maybe, for some. *yawn* Not for me.

"Cheers with naked chicks" - that sounds right. In fact, years ago, when I first started hanging out in strip clubs, I had exactly that experience. Little bar that isn't there anymore called the Tin Quill. One long room, pool table near the door, long bar-slash-stage where the girls would dance and swing over our heads. Me and my two buddies would walk in, and from the time it took us to walk from the door to the bar, our regular drinks would be waiting for us at our regular seats. Guys with less time spent would move if they were sitting there, no matter how crowded the place was (and on a Friday or Saturday night, it could get pretty crowded).

When the bar would close, they'd kick everyone out but me and my friends, and we'd sit around and drink the boss' booze while the dancers would get dressed. We'd walk the dancers out to their cars. We were kinda like staff, only we got paid in free drinks and longer (non-OLCC-approved) hours and perks.

I have a couple of bars where I'm almost getting to that level again. It's not the "dating a stripper" level. It's the level of being a known quantity. A dancer this weekend I hadn't seen in a while saw me and immediately said, "I have a flyer for you," and after her set she handed me an invitation to a private party she's putting together. I'm not going as her "date" (I'm 99.97% sure she doesn't date outside her own gender) but it doesn't matter. She's cool as hell, funny, smart, and she apparently thinks enough of me to include me in her larger circle of friends.

A month or so ago, another dancer at a different club got me in to a local "awards" show put on by a magazine. I was there to vote for her and be a cheering section. Again, not a "date" but it was an open bar and brother, I can drink a lot of booze; it's my English ancestry, I think. Plus I got to have fun and mingle with local celebrities and people in the service industry.

The dancers hate us? They hate me? Maybe some of them do, but I don't hang out with them too long. I can tell when someone doesn't like me and is just tolerating me. I'll still tip them when they're on the stage and I'm at the rack; it's polite, and it's only money. But the larger tips, and the greater respect from me, will go to the people (men or women) with whom I connect and click, and I'll remember the ones who try to take care of me and I'll pay it back. Or pay it forward. Whatever.

And the stories... oh, man, the stories... That's the best payment I could possibly imagine. I just want to write them all down before I sleep for the last time. I don't want these stories to disappear...

The first dancer I ever considered my All Time Favorite, the first girl I had a "stripper crush" on, her name was Adele. Blonde girl, tiny little thing. As I recall, she asked me to sit with her, which for a naive young satellite like myself made my night. Wonder what ever happened to her?

Katrine
12-04-2007, 11:30 AM
BTW, one of my goals for next year is to take a trip to the Pac-Northwest. I've never been out there. Depending on how much time I have (will I make good money first 2 quarters?) I'd like to hit PDX and Seattle, possible Vancouver.

But PDX for sure!! Perhaps we can have a little PDX stripclubjunkie clubcrawl then? You are pretty cool Lunarob.

Lunarobverse
12-04-2007, 11:45 AM
BTW, one of my goals for next year is to take a trip to the Pac-Northwest. I've never been out there. Depending on how much time I have (will I make good money first 2 quarters?) I'd like to hit PDX and Seattle, possible Vancouver.

But PDX for sure!! Perhaps we can have a little PDX stripclubjunkie clubcrawl then? You are pretty cool Lunarob.

The more the merrier! And I'm all about the fun...

zxcire
12-04-2007, 11:55 AM
I use strip clubs as my first choice place for finding love and long lasting relationships with beautiful women.;)

Lunarobverse
12-04-2007, 12:43 PM
I use strip clubs as my first choice place for finding love and long lasting relationships with beautiful women.;)

Now that's what I like to see!

No, literally. That's what I'd like to see. When are you coming to Portland?

zxcire
12-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Now that's what I like to see!

No, literally. That's what I'd like to see. When are you coming to Portland?

Funny you should ask! I'm hoping next summer!

Susan Wayward
12-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Well, there are plenty of us SWers up here who are happy to host all of you for a club crawl, for sure. It's a lovely place to live, and look! The sun came out today!

Lunarobverse
12-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Well, there are plenty of us SWers up here who are happy to host all of you for a club crawl, for sure. It's a lovely place to live, and look! The sun came out today!

The more the merrier!

...oh, wait, is it bad form to quote myself? ;D

The sun is very welcome today.

yoda57us
12-05-2007, 05:20 AM
Sure strip clubs are fun and that's why I go. That's why most people go. A quick look around the room when I'm in a club will generally mean seeing a lot of happy guys. If those guys are spending then you will see a lot of happy scantily clad women as well. Yes, there are rain-coaters and romeos sprinkled into the crowd but most guys just go to have fun.

I'm not quite as responsibility-free as you are L but I have a good income and I budget an adequate amount of "recreational" cash for my various extra curricular activities involving beautiful women. In other words I hobby guilt-free. You don't have to be unencumbered by family responsibilities to do that but you do have to spend within your means. I think that some of the attitude I see in the clubs and on the boards as it relates to "greedy strippers" is driven by guys who are probably spending the milk money on T&A when they shouldn't be.

I've never been to Portland but I haver been in clubs all over the country and the common thread is girls taking their clothes off and guys having fun.

Don't confuse the strip club dynamic, minutia driven conversations that happen here on SCJ or SW as having anything to do with how much fun we have when we actually get there. This board, like any board on any topic, is an entity unto itself and it's own form of entertainment.

mr_punk
12-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Strange as it seems, I sometimes wish we could all go back to that.you mean, go back to a format that was exciting and titillating about 30 or 40 years ago. hmmm..let me think about that....zzzzzzz. sorry, on second thought...ZZZZZZZ.

mr_punk will never let us forget that they *HATE* us and we should behave accordingly.i didn't tell you they hate you and even if i did. you're so neurotic and anal. it would be an exercise in futility.