PDA

View Full Version : Specialty Shoes

mightymouse
03-08-2008, 10:34 AM
So, I'm petite. My feet are too. I'd love to wear sexy shoes, but all I fit into are jellies from elementary school and wedges for 10-year-olds.

Does anyone know where I can find either a) sexy, high-heel shoes in size 3 (kids), or b) a place that makes custom shoes?

Thanks.

snarkysharky
03-31-2008, 09:13 PM
This probably isn't as helpful as it could be...
But, my sister wears size 3 or 4 in kids shoes. She lives in a largely Hispanic community and told me that she buys all her heels at the (this is a direct quote) "Spanish-speaking boutiques." So, I'm not sure if they (the boutiques) buy wholesale from Mexican companies, or what...
That's the best advice I've got, but I figure some advice is better than none.

mightymouse
04-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Any advice is worthwhile advice, so thank you!
Does your sister buy adult-looking shoes, or are they also kids' shoes, just with heels?

snarkysharky
04-02-2008, 07:56 PM
They're definitely "adult-looking." I call them her "stripper shoes," actually. She's really into the cork wedge/platform look, with suede or leather strappiness. But, the two times I've been with her to look (didn't end up buying, my feet are too wide) they had more conventional heels, too.

mightymouse
04-04-2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the tip! Where do you/your sister live (not to stalk you, but to know where you're looking), East or West Coast? In the middle?

snarkysharky
04-05-2008, 03:50 PM
She lives in southeastern Colorado, in a farming community! There's a large migrant worker population there, and a large hispanic population in general.

hu$tlebunny
04-05-2008, 04:53 PM
You can go to similar "boutiques" in Vietnamese communities.. i got a TON of stripper-esque shoes from a Vietnamese "china-town"-type market. I paid $5 a pair, and the lady was very negotiable. If you are on the east coast, google Eden Vietnamese shops or Asian Corner Mall. I know theres at least two fairly close to me.. and you can find gorgeous Asian items for SO CHEAP! I buy all my 24karat gold jewelry there too:biggrin:

mightymouse
04-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Nice.