PDA

View Full Version : Chronic Pain support

cameron_keys
03-23-2008, 05:28 PM
So I figure we have support threads for a lot of other things, and with several of us here suffering from chronic pain I'll start this one.

As many of you already know I suffer from pancreatitis,back pain,fibroids and chronic migraines.And now.cervical dysplasia. Having gone mis-diagnosed my entire life, I've lived my whole life in pain. I literally do not know what it is like to go a day without it.

As a real kicker..most pain meds do not work on me. I have a crazy high tolerance and because of the pancreatitis,drugs dont metabolize and absorb the way they are supposed to.

I have tried many pain meds and different treatments ranging from traditional western medicine to chiropractors, acupuncture and massage therapy. I have seen sports therapists in the past to try to resolve my back issues.I will likely have to have extensive back surgery at some point in my life.

In addition to other meds I take, I am on 7.5 mgs. of Vicoprofen. I have to take anywhere from 1-5 of these a day(depending on my pain levels) pretty much every day. And since most of my problems(esp the pancreatitis) are incurable,I will likely have to be on it for the rest of my life if I want to live anything close to a normal existence.

A lot of people dont understand..they think I am just complaining. But I'm so used to pain that when I do complain...my pain is at a level that would have most people bedridden. It has to be pretty bad for me to consider it out of the ordinary enough to complain.

People think I'm taking my pain meds to get high. i dont. they dont make me high...they dont even get rid of the pain..just dull it to a level I can live with.

I've had girls at work steal my meds. I've had girls at work look at me like I'm some pill popping druggie who is a bitch because I wont share with them.

I hate it. Every damn minute of it.

Anyone else who is suffering with this please feel free to post here.

And NOBODY say a word about how we are going to end up druggies or that if we just sucked it up and dealt with it we'd be fine. NOBODY.

Alternatives to meds are fine..I am def. interested in hearing about anything that works. But slamming meds here is not ok.

BrunetteGoddess
03-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Wow, thank you Cam!

I myself have chronic back and neck pain from a car accident in 2004. (my car was t-boned) I used to be on Vicodin, but got horribly addicted, so I just take a bunch of Aleve, which doesn't work much but I have no health insurance.

I have chronic migraines.

I also have IBS and have a lot of abdominal pain constantly.

Lastly, I have a deviated septum so my sinuses constantly ache and I get infections a lot.

It sucks to not have health insurance, and some days i can't function. Those days are becoming more frequent and it scares me.

I'm glad this thread is around. I think I'll need it.

I am always here for you Cam :hug:

dishis
03-23-2008, 07:25 PM
First I want to say I am sorry to hear what both of you are experiencing. I normally stay out of threads I don't know much about, and maybe I should stay of this one, but possibly this site may help someone. I use it to relax or help me get to sleep, but one of the parts of the sites is chronic pain relief videos and audio mp3 that can be downloaded free.

http://jasonnewland.com/

BrunetteGoddess
03-23-2008, 10:13 PM
Thank you Dishis.

Scarlett.Oz
03-23-2008, 10:21 PM
A lot of people dont understand..they think I am just complaining. But I'm so used to pain that when I do complain...my pain is at a level that would have most people bedridden. It has to be pretty bad for me to consider it out of the ordinary enough to complain.

This is me. I don't have time to go into it (Show very soon) and sometimes I think it's not as bad as other peoples, but I get chronic generalised pain as well, fun.

This thread is good, I like it thankyou Cam.

XS

BrunetteGoddess
03-24-2008, 02:24 AM

People think I'm taking my pain meds to get high. i dont. they dont make me high...they dont even get rid of the pain..just dull it to a level I can live with.

I've had girls at work steal my meds. I've had girls at work look at me like I'm some pill popping druggie who is a bitch because I wont share with them.

I hate it. Every damn minute of it.

Here, here. I hate when people tell me to suck it up. And that I'm taking things to get high. Fuck those people; they have no idea how lucky they are to be chronic pain free.

Jayde81
03-24-2008, 02:59 AM
i was diagnosed with crohns disease (inflamatory bowel disease) when i was 14 years old. i had bloody diareah (sorry gross i no!), abdomin pain, lethagy, and major weight loss before i was diagnosed a year later. my parents thought i was faking the pain my school friends thought i was anorexic basically i was near death by the time they put me in hospital. Cam u r awesome to deal with all uv got so many people complain just for the sake of it and here u r only letting it out when its truly too painful some people dont no how lucky they truly r i think x

Daisa
03-24-2008, 03:16 AM
I know exactly where you're coming from. I have a chronic pain disease called RSD and live every day of my life taking pain meds and dealing with dumbasses who think I'm making excuses for my drug addiction. :(

BrunetteGoddess
03-24-2008, 03:19 AM
i was diagnosed with crohns disease (inflamatory bowel disease) when i was 14 years old. i had bloody diareah (sorry gross i no!), abdomin pain, lethagy, and major weight loss before i was diagnosed a year later. my parents thought i was faking the pain my school friends thought i was anorexic basically i was near death by the time they put me in hospital. Cam u r awesome to deal with all uv got so many people complain just for the sake of it and here u r only letting it out when its truly too painful some people dont no how lucky they truly r i think x

Wow, you're awesome for dealing with Crohn's. That's like IBS, but worse; I can't imagine (especially the way my IBS feels at times). My best friends has had Crohn's and growing up with her was quite a ride, and I nearly lost her for good a couple times.

Stay strong!

cameron_keys
03-24-2008, 08:28 AM
Jayde..I totally understand about people not believing you. I've had pancreatitis since birth,but wasnt disgnosed til I was 32. Dr's told me my whole life I had acid reflux,maybe an ulcer...but mostly they thought I was a hypochondriac. SURPRISE! Not only is it real..but gone untreated its fatal...so thanks douchebags for almost killing me.

Jayde81
03-26-2008, 11:04 PM
thanks guys yup people can be complete jerks cant they. im actually one of the lucky ones that got myself off the meds and onto herbal meds now i just control it by staying away from the foods that upsets it so i cant complain. iv heard of alot of people with IBD that end up losing their whole bowel very very sad indeed. as for the peeps who r critical of our conditions they really dont no how lucky they r and they should hope to god they'll never have to face wat we do every day. keep well girlies xxxx