PDA

View Full Version : Exotic Dancer, M.B.A.

liastarlight
03-25-2008, 07:37 PM
Let’s face it. Stripping is hard work. There’s judgment from outside the club. Competition inside the club. And, you’re an independent contractor. There’s having to make nice when you don’t feel like making nice. There’s the pressure to hustle. Pressure not to hustle. There’s the standing in 8″ heels all night. And above all, the everpresent challenge of making bank.

That’s where Star Light’s (http://starlight-ministries.org) Exotic Dancer, M.B.A. comes in!

Spend the day with us, and we’ll share tips on sales (because stripping is sales), organizing your finances, and managing the day-to-day stress of stripping. Find your path to being a SuperStripper.

What’s a SuperStripper? She’s an amazing woman who uses stripping as an avenue to create financial freedom and the future she wants! Someone who doesn’t let the job define her.

Join us at the Exotic Dancer, M.B.A. We’ll have our first graduating class on April 28, 2008, in Richmond, Virginia. Come to Exotic Dancer, M.B.A. (http://edmba.starlight-ministries.org/) for more information.Here’s the scoop:

Monday, April 28, 2008
9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Gallery5, 200 W. Marshall St. Richmond, VA 23220
Avalon from Arizona will be the instructor!
Registration is $50

francescadubois
03-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Well, it's an interesting site, that's for sure.

Susan-Va
03-25-2008, 08:30 PM
I've already told Lia I'm in!

alessandra
03-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Ohh now I'm tempted to go to Richmond...this looks pretty interesting
Plus, I'd get to met Susan!

TheSexKitten
03-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Now THAT sounds helpful and fun. :)

confrontingmydemons
03-25-2008, 09:36 PM
*wishes she could be there*:(

Susan-Va
03-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Ohh now I'm tempted to go to Richmond...this looks pretty interesting
Plus, I'd get to met Susan!

Aw shucks! :blush:

How far away are you?

cameron_keys
03-26-2008, 09:57 AM
This sounds more helpful(and way more fun!)then the Dale Carnegie course I took years ago!

Too bad you are so faraway and I'm so broke! Otherwise I'd def. check it out!

GodivaGirl
03-26-2008, 10:54 AM
I think I'm in. Depends on things like driving/hotel/work. I dunno if I could make it to Richmond from NVA at that time of day, and I'd love to see what working in the Richmond clubs is like.

liastarlight
03-26-2008, 11:08 AM
Hey, GodivaGirl,

It's really only an hour and a half drive. It's only 100 miles from NoVa. While I know it's early in the morning, I think it will be well worth your drive. Maybe you can hook up with some other women in the area? Share the drive?

Check out the website, and sign up there! We'll look forward to seeing you.

Lia

alessandra
03-26-2008, 04:07 PM
Aw shucks! :blush:

How far away are you?

About 2 hours, so it wouldn't be too bad of a drive.

Lia- when is the sign up deadline? (so I can procrastinate until then ;) )

liastarlight
03-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Don't wait too late, Alessandra. Probably the Monday before (April 21), so that we can be sure the caterer will make enough food! The gift bags will be first come, first serve, but we'll make every effort to accommodate late sign-ups!

Lia

Chrissy68
03-26-2008, 05:48 PM
i dunno if it's just me, but this seems like the dancerwealth of now. not in the sense of "here's what to do and how to do it" but it just seems awfully spammy. sorry im a skeptic, i just think that if they were all about loving strippers and all, why do they want $$?

fyi, i have also posted a blog about finance for strippers, and so does britney ireland, and it doesn't cost $50.

Susan-Va
03-26-2008, 06:39 PM
i dunno if it's just me, but this seems like the dancerwealth of now. not in the sense of "here's what to do and how to do it" but it just seems awfully spammy. sorry im a skeptic, i just think that if they were all about loving strippers and all, why do they want $$?

fyi, i have also posted a blog about finance for strippers, and so does britney ireland, and it doesn't cost $50.

I can't presume to speak for Starlight but I imagine the $50 is to cover the cost of the location, and expenses for having Britney Ireland come out.

Dottie Rebel
03-29-2008, 03:45 PM
Thinking about it...

Bridgette
03-30-2008, 04:21 AM

fyi, i have also posted a blog about finance for strippers, and so does britney ireland, and it doesn't cost $50.Well Britney Ireland is the "Avalon from Arizona" who's doing the teaching. I imagine the $50 reg fees collected might barely pay for Brit's travel expenses.

I kinda agree - all the info one could ever want about how to make, save and invest money as a stripper is right here in (and linked from) these forums and it's all available for FREE. However we all know most people are lazy and will not do the *gasp* research to find it themselves. So if they wanna pay for the info to be delivered to them in a summarized fashion, more power to the ones who profit from it ;D

Chrissy68
03-30-2008, 02:55 PM
^ yeah, i realized that it was Brit teaching it. and although i do love avalon/britney, i think that all that info is free online!

liastarlight
03-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Thanks for posting, Chrissy68. I really love your blog, and have been reading it for some time.

I am sure that all the information a dancer needs is on-line, but people learn in different ways. Some like the interaction with teachers and other students. Many of the people who are coming are just "freshening up" their skills.

Susan's right. The money we're charging will cover things like the very cool art gallery we're renting, the catering, the instructors, etc. I hope that no one will let money keep them from coming. There are scholarships available!

Lia

Amber_Sparxx
03-30-2008, 03:37 PM
Sometimes the message can be much more powerfully received when taught by someone else. Esp. true in the case of newbs that don't have anyone to teach them, or have only bad examples to learn from? Just a shot in the dark on my part. But yes, there are so many classes and DVDs and seminars being taught that it's crossed my mind that there are only so many different ways to teach this subject matter......but each experience is a different one, whether better or worse. (Ironically, I just left a fitness DVD rating website, and was OVERWHELMED at the choices placed before me.....still feeling a little frustrated over that, maybe?)

An added note: these seminars strike me as excellent opportunities to network with like-minded individuals within our profession who show an interest in hearing other people's perspectives, opinions, and advice. Kind of like a self-comparison refresher course? Again, shots in the dark.....one person's perspective.

Katrine
03-30-2008, 06:23 PM
I think its definately worth it if Britney is teaching it. If I recall, DW was far more expensive, hundreds of dollars, for not much more.

I wouldn't travel across the country for the class, but would definately be interested if I were in the area, and still dancing.

Also, I think 8" heels are absolutely ridiculous. That's a risk management issue. As most dancers don't have access to worker's comp or affordable disability policies, its very important NOT to regularly wear such high heels. Although 7" seems ok. That extra inch has caused far too many accidents, not worth it.

muladoll
03-31-2008, 04:00 AM
Aahh I wanna go! I'm going to VA Beach this weekend, but can't stick around until the end of the month. I'm planning on moving out to Richmond or Virginia Beach within the year. I hope to be able to attend when and if you have more of these seminars. I think it's important to have networking opportunities such as these. I hope that seminar is a total success!

Susan-Va
03-31-2008, 08:53 AM
Moving to Richmond! How awesome! It's a beautiful historic town. Any questions about the town, let me know! I don't know much abut Va Beach though, either way, Welcome to Virginia!

Justine76
04-01-2008, 12:11 AM
I'll be there, Lia- I messaged you about it on MySpace (Hidden Dragon) but I never heard back from you on how to register and how to pay! :-)

I'm a bit of an old hand myself at this but I like to take any opportunity to refresh my skills, get different perspectives, network, etc. Reading forums and blogs is an invaluable source of information, but there's nothing quite like a face-to-face discussion. Fifty dollars for a day-long seminar is a bargain; I have organized seminars for another field and the per person cost to put them together was much higher than fifty dollars.

I hope to meet some of you there! :-)

muladoll
04-01-2008, 06:00 AM
Moving to Richmond! How awesome! It's a beautiful historic town. Any questions about the town, let me know! I don't know much abut Va Beach though, either way, Welcome to Virginia!

Yes! Thank you. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions as the time approaches.

In the meantime, I'm sure you'll all learn so much from this seminar. Keep us all posted.

liastarlight
04-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Hey, all!

You can now register for the Exotic Dancer, M.B.A. directly on the website! Just push the "register now" button at http://edmba.starlight-ministries.org.

We'll look forward to seeing you there!

Lia

liastarlight
04-21-2008, 09:15 PM
It's time!

So, join us in Richmond, VA next Monday, the 28th of April for the Exotic Dancer, M.B.A. We have several people signed up, lots of volunteers coming, a great space, really great catered lunch and coffee, and DOOR PRIZES (one is even a full highlight and cut at a great salon! *um, if I don't keep that one for myself!*)

I went to the Richmond clubs last week, and met with several managers and owners. They all said, "These girls won't come." When I asked them why, they said, "It's too early in the morning." "They don't have the money." and "They don't care about their futures."

Surely, the managers and owners are wrong.

As for the hours, I planned it so that you CAN go to work that night and try out your new skillz...

As for the money, there are scholarships available, but I guarantee you will raise your income by at least $50 during the first week. Heck, I think, if you listen and learn, you'll make it back in one night!

And as for caring about your future? Well, that's up to you. Being a SuperStripper does require that you care about the future. You have to be able to look past rent being due tomorrow, and your phone bill, and your next car payment. You have to take a long view--where will you be tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day? It almost means that you have to be a bit dissatisfied with today. Are you working too hard and not making enough money? Then you care...

So join us on April 28. Check out the site (http://edmba.starlight-ministries.org). You can sign up for the event right on the page.

I'm looking forward to seeing your beautiful faces, getting to know each and every one of you. And I'm looking forward to a great day of FUN!

cinammonkisses
04-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Sounds promising! Good luck with the class!!!!

liastarlight
04-22-2008, 01:10 PM
Thanks, Cinnamon Kisses! When we're in your neck-of-the-woods, we want you to attend!

alessandra
04-22-2008, 04:14 PM
I have class all day Monday :( I hope you have a good turn-out though!

magenta
04-22-2008, 10:25 PM
liastarlight,

Is this any different than the Dancer Wealth seminar? I ask because I have already done the DW seminar, and have learned volumes from it.

Perhaps your class is good for the novice dancer, but does it offer anything for the experienced dancer?

Anything worth traveling from Ca to Va for? Curious.

Thanks!!

Susan-Va
04-28-2008, 06:24 PM
I now have an MBA in Exotic Dancing!

I attended the course today and t was well worth the $50 I spent! I've never taken the Dancer Wealth course but Avalon/Brittney Ireland pulled the course information from that. I can't wait to get to work and put these sales skills to work!

It's a whole new concept for me. I'm soooo not a hustler, I've relied on luck on long time regulars to get LD's. Now with the info and the tools that I've been given I feel like can and will be making more $$$. I don't want to say that I've learned to hustle, I've learned to sell! And to have someone there and teach you was awesome, the interaction was great. I've always learned more through doing than reading.

And the course wasn't just about sales techniques, there were very informative financial planning tips and self care too.

Lia said that there will be more of these courses offered, maybe in the DC area. I've already told her that I want to be there for that one. Overall, well worth the price of admission.

britneyireland
04-30-2008, 09:46 AM
I found Lia's presentation on the Meyer's Briggs to be fascinating. I learned that Avalon is one personality type while the real me is another. At first I thought I had a split personality, but by the end of the presentation I concluded that I use my
Avalon personality to overcome the drawbacks of my inner self so I ultimately function at a higher level.

I'm sooooo glad you made the connection of persuasive conversation. I think the brainstorming and role playing exercises were the key.

Nakita Kash
05-07-2008, 08:27 AM
so how did it go?

Susan-Va
05-07-2008, 08:47 AM
It was great! Very informative and helpful (see my post above Britney's).

liastarlight
09-15-2008, 08:04 AM
Just an update, folks.

Star Light is hosting another Exotic Dancer, M.B.A., starring Avalon from Arizona, a.k.a. Britney on SW! We'll be in Birmingham, Alabama on THIS Sunday, September 21, at noon.

For more information, check out our website, http://edmba.starlight-ministries.org. The location is not publicized, in order to protect the privacy of the dancers who attend, but if you register, we'll send you all the information.

The dancers who came to the last Exotic Dancer, M.B.A. report increasing their income. One dancer, who usually sells 4-5 dances a night, sold 12 dances the first night back at work! The event paid for itself on the very first evening.

We'd love to see you there!

Lia

cinammonkisses
09-15-2008, 09:06 AM
Lia: If at all possible to you think in the near future you'd have a midwest course? Maybe Chicago, Indianapolis, Nashville? Please say YES!!!