PDA

View Full Version : movies, netflix

OdysseusNJ
03-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Anyone have netflix and want to share queues on that site?

All talk on movies is welcome. I just watched The Straight Story and 8 1/2. Both were good stuff and TSS was a change of style from David Lynch. I think I'll watch Blow later.

FBR
03-26-2008, 06:58 PM
My family has Netflix. It has worked out to be convenient and competitive price wise. I have received a couple of fucked up DVD's but they have so far responded promptly with replacements.

I am always behind on movies. I just watched Mr. Brooks the other day. It was engrossing with some excellent plot twists.

FBR

jester214
03-26-2008, 07:04 PM

All talk on movies is welcome. I just watched The Straight Story and 8 1/2. Both were good stuff and TSS was a change of style from David Lynch. I think I'll watch Blow later.

Blow is enjoyable, I'm not a fan of 8 1/2 but I don't like foreign films... Don't think I've seen The Straight Story... I still haven't gotten over the shock of Eastern Promises, so good.

Tauries
03-26-2008, 07:18 PM

Blow is killer...Mr. Depp is excellent. Meself...just got done with No Country For Old Men....not too shabby. "Loaded" is sitting here but alas...Imma hobble down to the bar and have a few with a buddy...let ya know later.

VegasPrincess
03-28-2008, 03:07 AM

Speaking of Lynch, I just got NetFlix on Tuesday and Fire Walk With Me was one of my 3 picks!! I am super stoked to watch it... (The Prequel to Twin Peaks)

RoseLeigh
03-28-2008, 06:13 AM
I'll "friend" you, Ody, but likely you'll look at my thread and think, WTF? It's mostly silent movies and Miss Marple and stuff. ;D

OdysseusNJ
03-29-2008, 08:22 AM
Speaking of Lynch, I just got NetFlix on Tuesday and Fire Walk With Me was one of my 3 picks!! I am super stoked to watch it... (The Prequel to Twin Peaks)

FWWW is awesome! I have Inland Empire from Nexflix right now, waiting for the right mood to watch it.

I realize now that I had already seen Blow. It was pretty good but I'd have rather watched something I hadn't seen. From Hell was pretty dissapointing. It definitely needed more Johhny Depp/Heather Graham sex scenes and fewer makes no sense way overblown scenes.

UP next is a real gamble, Shakes the Clown. Then Donnie Brasco.