PDA

View Full Version : Stage sets - No strip / no tip?

Pages : [1] 2

SPLUT
03-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Let me say first that the stage show is what really sells a dancer to me. Here in Detroit they usually do three song sets; 1st set clothed, 2nd set topless, third set - down to the G string, if so inclined. I always wait til the third song to tip unless I have some past history with a dancer. To get the max stage tip out of me she needs to be wearing three things for the final song; stripper heels, a g string, and a smile, and as far as I'm concerned they can ditch the shoes and g string.

On my last SC visit there were two girls that got on stage, but did not strip. I do understand that it's been really slow lately and you're not making much if any money, and those cheap pervs didn't tip you at all for your first two sets. Buuuuuut I'm Mr. New customer. I just got here. I'm here to watch girls strip and get lap dances. I would like to tip you but since you refuse to strip I will refuse to tip. This only hurts your money.

Would anyone here tip a dancer who did not strip? Let's remove ATFs or any dancer you have had any history with.

Chili Palmer
03-28-2008, 10:28 AM
I'll never reward a dancer for laziness. If you're in a topless club, show your boobs, otherwise dance in a bikini bar. If you're in a nude club, show the kitty, otherwise dance in a topless club.

When I used to visit the late and much lamented Fritz's in Bellflower, CA, they had two stage fees: one for the dancers who went topless, and a higher one for those who didn't show the goods. No matter how hot they were, I'd never tip or dance with a bikini dancer, period.

CP

Jenny
03-28-2008, 11:03 AM
I think it's interesting that you characterize not being naked as "lazy".

SPLUT - I get your point in a way. In another way... the issue seems pointless; like you're making an issue out of a non-issue. I mean, if you want to see her get naked, and are willing to tip her to get naked making it a power issue about who goes first... is silly. Especially because she doesn't know, you have not made any point to her - like so far as she knows you are just one of the cheap assholes. She is not leaving the stage realizing that you would have tipped if she had gotten naked; she is leaving thinking "Great; one more cheapskate".

TheTempest
03-28-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm almost scared to post on the blue side (which I'm sure is a feeling felt by some of y'all blues on the pink side) but I'll bite the bullet.

I work at a nude club and I will not get nude unless someone tips me. I am more than happy to take my clothes off and prance around, twist myself into a pretzel and flirt like crazy for a dollar... but I sure as heck don't work for free! If everyone is sitting in the back and staring but not paying for my services, they do not get my goods.

kaiarose
03-28-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm going to have to agree with the guys on this one. We are strippers. It is our JOB to take our clothes off. Yes, it sucks not getting tipped but hey it's an occupational hazard. I hate when girls get all pissy and pouty and don't do their job when no one tips. If anything it makes the girl look immature. The guys are there to see naked ladies and I understand when they don't tip until the girl is, what everyone?? NAKED.

Jenny
03-28-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm going to have to agree with the guys on this one. We are strippers. It is our JOB to take our clothes off. Yes, it sucks not getting tipped but hey it's an occupational hazard. I hate when girls get all pissy and pouty and don't do their job when no one tips. If anything it makes the girl look immature. The guys are there to see naked ladies and I understand when they don't tip until the girl is, what everyone?? NAKED.
I dunno. Honestly a) I think only tipping in the last song is cheap; b) my job is to sell lapdances, not get naked on a stage; c) this business depends on guys spending; it's not like money is going to materialize if they don't spend it - I think when they are not spending is the perfect time to get pissy, pouty and refuse to do "their job" (which is not really their job at all, since they are not getting paid, and you are saying that the only remuneration they do get is purely optional). I mean - if we don't work to get paid, what do we work for? Pride and the joy of the stage show?

saphire123456
03-28-2008, 11:44 AM
its not my "job" to take my clothes off, its my job to get paid, otherwise its like volunteering

kaiarose
03-28-2008, 12:16 PM
It sucks not to get tipped on stage but there's no reason to act unprofessional and refuse to take off your clothes.

Lunarobverse
03-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Stage show is (nearly) everything in Portland clubs.

Similar set-up to Detroit except almost all clubs are full-nudity-allowed (few exceptions I can think of, and certainly not ones I frequent). Three song sets, gradual removal of clothing as the songs progress. Girls dance for tips, and private dances are available if the customer and the lady is so inclined.

My typical mode of operation:

If I'm sitting at the stage, I tip a dollar minimum per song. No one forces me to sit at the stage so I don't whine about whether the girl is naked or not. I'm enjoying the show, the show includes dancing, performance, conversation perhaps, and nearly always, nudity.

If I'm low on money (saving it for a favorite or end of the evening, say) or waiting to see all the dancers on shift before I start tipping, or really don't like the dancer for whatever reason, I find somewhere else to sit. If there's no options for that, I stand and face away from the stage. If it's really late and it doesn't look like I'm going to be buying private dances, I leave.

If the girl is hot or a favorite and I'm at the stage and no one else is tipping and therefore, she's decided not to get naked, I'll rarely tip an extra buck or two, up to a fiver. But I'm more likely to ask for a private dance and then leave the stage to wait for her set to finish.

I tip extra for random reasons, like "I love this song and want you to play it more often" to "wow those boots are hot" or "Thanks for wearing my hat on stage" or suchlike.

VegasPrincess
03-28-2008, 01:21 PM
I will take my clothes off . Generally my top is off before the first song is over. I'm not going to make a million dollars by having a poor attitude / pouting. I also dance and do pole tricks even if nobody is tipping, because it doesn't hurt.

Now, I think at a nude club, you should tip once you get topless and keep tipping to see kitty. As my friend Amanda says, "You don't get pussy at the Dollar Store."

LOL.

SPLUT
03-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Jenny, you have to admit that almost everything over here is silly. Is it a “power” issue though? I don’t see it that way but it could be. I’m not paying her to get topless, I’m tipping her stage show. I don’t tip my barber, waitress, or paperboy until they have provided a service. When I am in a strip club, or a topless bar it is implied that through the cover charge, the high drink prices, and all their advertising that women will dance topless. It is not an issue of “who goes first” That order is already established. The dancer will strip, the patron will tip. It is a shame that too many guys aren’t parting with a lousy buck, but I’m not going to pay a dancer to do something that she should be doing already.
I’ve been in clubs where a dancer has been told that she must remove her top. This usually results in her flopping her breasts out, then crossing her arms covering her breasts until her set is over. I am not adverse to tipping a dancer extra to remove items (skirt, bootie shorts, anything else that interferes with my view of her ass during her set), but I won’t tip to just get what I should already have.

Now did she leave the stage thinking I just another cheap bastard? Yeah she most likely did. She didn’t know I had a pocket full of cash that I was ready to spend, but to tell the truth her stage was the “wanna dance” of stage sets. I found it amusing that an hour later she comes to my table asking if I need anything, “ a dance, a drink, anything you want I’ll get you, anything” WTF was that?

But back to the question Jenny – would you tip a dancer who didn’t go topless in a topless club?

kaiarose
03-28-2008, 01:27 PM
Jenny, you have to admit that almost everything over here is silly. Is it a “power” issue though? I don’t see it that way but it could be. I’m not paying her to get topless, I’m tipping her stage show. I don’t tip my barber, waitress, or paperboy until they have provided a service. When I am in a strip club, or a topless bar it is implied that through the cover charge, the high drink prices, and all their advertising that women will dance topless. It is not an issue of “who goes first” That order is already established. The dancer will strip, the patron will tip. It is a shame that too many guys aren’t parting with a lousy buck, but I’m not going to pay a dancer to do something that she should be doing already.
I’ve been in clubs where a dancer has been told that she must remove her top. This usually results in her flopping her breasts out, then crossing her arms covering her breasts until her set is over. I am not adverse to tipping a dancer extra to remove items (skirt, bootie shorts, anything else that interferes with my view of her ass during her set), but I won’t tip to just get what I should already have.

Now did she leave the stage thinking I just another cheap bastard? Yeah she most likely did. She didn’t know I had a pocket full of cash that I was ready to spend, but to tell the truth her stage was the “wanna dance” of stage sets. I found it amusing that an hour later she comes to my table asking if I need anything, “ a dance, a drink, anything you want I’ll get you, anything” WTF was that?

But back to the question Jenny – would you tip a dancer who didn’t go topless in a topless club?

Nope.

mr_punk
03-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Would anyone here tip a dancer who did not strip?fuck no! LOL..oh wait, i hardly tip or pay attention to stage shows. however, when i do look at the stage. i want a look at the goods after she's topless or nude. if i like what i see. i tell my waitress to grab the girl after her set. in short, if a girl isn't getting her T&A out. no LD for me.

I think it's interesting that you characterize not being naked as "lazy".hey, it is a sc. git yer tits out!

I'm going to have to agree with the guys on this one. We are strippers. It is our JOB to take our clothes off. Yes, it sucks not getting tipped but hey it's an occupational hazard. I hate when girls get all pissy and pouty and don't do their job when no one tips. If anything it makes the girl look immature. The guys are there to see naked ladies and I understand when they don't tip until the girl is, what everyone?? NAKED.LOL..this has to be a first down here. a self-motivated stripper who does her job instead of throwing an attention whoring hissy fit over an effing dollar.

I work at a nude club and I will not get nude unless someone tips me.

its not my "job" to take my clothes off, its my job to get paid, otherwise its like volunteering

I think when they are not spending is the perfect time to get pissy, pouty and refuse to do "their job"conversely, here we have the usual lazy strippers who clearly need to be beaten over the head with a pimp stick.

I will take my clothes off . Generally my top is off before the first song is over. I'm not going to make a million dollars by having a poor attitude / pouting.yes!

Now, I think at a nude club, you should tip once you get topless and keep tipping to see kitty. As my friend Amanda says, "You don't get pussy at the Dollar Store."uhhh..no. okay, she should be beaten only half as much.

Jenny
03-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Now did she leave the stage thinking I just another cheap bastard? Yeah she most likely did. She didn’t know I had a pocket full of cash that I was ready to spend, but to tell the truth her stage was the “wanna dance” of stage sets.
Dude - that was exactly my point. She doesn't know that. So as a result you got a crap stage show, she didn't make money, and everyone loses based on information that only you had, because you had determined that you wouldn't go first.

This is exactly the point - you go into this big thing above about not tipping a waitress until she's provided a service. You know this dancer isn't taking off her top because nobody is tipping. So you are making a big issue out of "who goes first" in which everyone loses rather than just pony up a tip and then having everyone win. Keep in mind - you have a lot more information than the dancer. You are at least pretty sure that if you tip, she'll take off her top. She is not nearly so sure that if she takes off her top, you'll tip. So, yeah - I think that is a power issue. In answer to your question, I would tip, amount depending on the venue, if I enjoyed her stage show, or if I wanted to see her tits and knew a couple of buck on the stage would make it happen. But you know - I'm more of a problem solving person than a power issue person. I don't care who goes first so long as we all get what we want in exchange for what we want to pay. Plus - like I said... I've never worked a stage tipping club in which customers who only tipped one song in a set were particularly beloved. So for me, the issue would not likely come up. I would have tipped her already.

SPLUT
03-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Jenny, to your second post;

a. Yeah tipping on the last song could be considered cheap, but I'm a leg and ass man and it seems we get the fuzzy end of the lollipop during stage sets. I tip on the last song because if you get down to a G string I will tip more. I guess I could tip less but more often - spread out what I would tip over a couple of songs instead of the last one.

b. You are there to sell laps and VIP. The stage set - for me - is by far the biggest factor in me getting laps from a dancer.

c. boys are stoopid, what can I say. No one likes being handed a shit sandwich and told to smile as you eat it, but that seems to be the job lately. I can say with 100% certainty that if I'm in a club and a dancer is acting pissy and not stripping she's not getting any of my money. In that situation it's like a mobuis strip where - No money leads to pissy attitude leads to no money leads to pissy attitude.

Jenny
03-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Jenny, to your second post;

a. Yeah tipping on the last song could be considered cheap, but I'm a leg and ass man and it seems we get the fuzzy end of the lollipop during stage sets. I tip on the last song because if you get down to a G string I will tip more. I guess I could tip less but more often - spread out what I would tip over a couple of songs instead of the last one.
I don't really understand this. You acknowledge that you undertip but are mad that the dancer don't realize or don't anticipate that you'll make up for later?

b. You are there to sell laps and VIP. The stage set - for me - is by far the biggest factor in me getting laps from a dancer.
Great. Most guys it is not that important. I go on stage once a night; if it were that integral I'd never sell a dance. Plus - it seems kind of irrational. I mean, my stage is obviously - like necessarily - not going to be reflection of my lapdance, and it certainly isn't indicative of any chemistry between me and the customer; like there is no connection there whatsoever - so that criteria seems pretty arbitrary to me. But you know - your money, your dances - you can set what arbitrary criteria you want.

c. boys are stoopid, what can I say. No one likes being handed a shit sandwich and told to smile as you eat it, but that seems to be the job lately. I can say with 100% certainty that if I'm in a club and a dancer is acting pissy and not stripping she's not getting any of my money. In that situation it's like a mobuis strip where - No money leads to pissy attitude leads to no money leads to pissy attitude.
I don't understand this either. If you agree it sucks... why add to it? It doesn't make sense to me to not get what you want because you don't want to go first.

BTW - there is no stage tipping at all in my club. I wear a skirt and blouse I don't take off at all. Ever. Even on the rare occasion someone does tip. And it's not because I'm lazy or because I'm surly. It's because I don't want to. If a guy copped this kind of attitude about it, I would think he was retarded.

SPLUT
03-28-2008, 01:59 PM
I didn't get a crap stage set because I didn't tip. I got a crap stage set because the guys that watched her previous sets didn't tip. I'm not going to tip her to take her top off, I will tip her because she took her top off. The order of the transaction has already been set.

To tell you the truth even if I tipped her on the second song (never the first unless it's the ATF) I don't think she would have stripped her top anyhow.

Lunarobverse
03-28-2008, 02:01 PM
SPLUT: If all you want to see is legs and ass... then why go to a strip club when you know you'll only get to see it 1/3 of the time?

I go to be entertained by the dancers and nudity is a bonus. I tip them so that they'll keep coming back to the club.

Different strokes for different folks.

SPLUT
03-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Jenny I never said I undertip. I do tip mostly on the last song.

arbitrary criteria? I guess that's really according to whose ox is getting gored. As I stated in my original post the stage show is the biggest determination. If you don't do stage you better have one hell of a hustle. I'm easy - I'm a guy. I want to see your body. I want to see you dance. I want the floor work and if capable the pole work. I will then make my "arbitrary" list of dancers who I want to get dances from, and I'll go get one of them and empty out my wallet. I don't go to SC for conversation or lonely hearts bs. If a good conversation pops up bonus, but I'm not going to get a dance from you because you can be charming and hold a conversation.

Call me retarded, oh wait you already did.

miabella
03-28-2008, 02:26 PM
in some clubs, the guys are specifically waiting on g-string and/or nudity to tip-- i.e., the last song is when you get all your money, with almost nobody tipping before that point (unless they really like you or something).

it can be very robotic, but it doesn't mean the guys aren't going to tip, only that their training is to not even bother with tipping until the last 1-3 minutes the girl is up there.

which is why desultory stripping is so foreign to me. i never worked in an environment where you didn't make money off stage tips.

SPLUT
03-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Lunar- I'm a leg and ass man what can I say. A lot of dancers just wear a top and a G string so I get what I want most of the time, and extra tipping usually takes care of the rest. I

I do tip the dancers and I'm usually tipping more than the rest. I guess I'm just not tipping the way someone wants me to. I was bored and asked a simple little question- seems a few folks were also bored.

Like I said - I go to watch the stage show and get laps, if a good conversation comes along bonus. different strokes for different folks indeed. Or as I like "Do what thou shalt shall be the whole of the law"

SPLUT
03-28-2008, 02:30 PM
One last thing before I'm out of here for a few days - I like to only tip once because I like the stage show and if the dancer is constantly tucking ones away it interupts the early evening entertainment. I would rather slip a five in her G on the last song than spend time putting multiple bills in her G over several songs.

Jenny
03-28-2008, 02:32 PM
I didn't get a crap stage set because I didn't tip. I got a crap stage set because the guys that watched her previous sets didn't tip. I'm not going to tip her to take her top off, I will tip her because she took her top off. The order of the transaction has already been set.
Yeah. You don't want to go first. That's what I said. I also pointed out that in this transaction you have a lot more information than the dancer. Dude - I can't force you to tip. I'm just pointing out that in terms of getting the most of your strip club experience, drawing the hardline of "fuck it, she WILL go first or we will both suffer for it" is not always the best way to go.

doc-catfish
03-28-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm not against tipping a hot dancer before she has revealed the goods, especially if doing so gets her out of her clothes. I figure its a cheap way of separating the wheat from the chaff so to speak.

Lunarobverse
03-28-2008, 03:30 PM
On a slightly-related note, I'll sometimes wait until other stage-sitting patrons have tossed out a buck or two before I'll throw mine down. But if the song is at the first chorus and no tips have yet appeared, I'll chip in. That's admittedly almost like Jenny's "won't go first" thing. But I still do tip.

I think "tip" is a misnomer in that it's tied to the idea of "tipping for something" - be it service or whatnot. It's the dancer's salary, at least in Portland. It's all they get paid.

miabella
03-28-2008, 09:01 PM
i think a large part of it is that there's clubs where you get lots of money on stage and it is usually a decent, maybe even major part of your earnings, and clubs where 5$ for the night in stage tips is the best you can hope for. and in the second kind of clubs, many strippers anyhow (surprisingly, off SW too) term it 'advertising' at best if they cannot buy off stage entirely.

a LOT of dancers at this point in the kingdom of stripperville (that is, on and off SW) REALLY resent the stage being involved at all and would prefer that it not even be around. of course, the flipside is dancers who like the stage, but really miss the era of being paid to work, plus stage tips. it sometimes feels very antagonistic when girls use or the club has a 'pay to see x' policy (minimum tip amount before she can strip).

saphire123456
03-28-2008, 09:24 PM
luckily, i know the importance of good stage shows in relation to the amount of total earnings. thats why i've beeen paying my way off stage for as long as i can remember, because in the scheme of things, the dollar or 2 that you're going to give me is rather irrelevant and inconsequential to the amount i make each night

miabella
03-29-2008, 12:07 AM
but that's a regional/club culture thing. there are girls working in places where stage tips are 200 a shift or more. in some places those one dollar bills do add up to some real money at the end of the night.

Susan Wayward
03-29-2008, 12:33 AM
That's very true in Portland, and in a few other places where I've worked. In Austin, though, with the exception of one club, it was just about worthless for me to dance on stage and I would buy off. I would buy off the stage rather than get on it and be pissed off about being up there, though.

Here, as long as there's one guy at the rack I am getting naked because, as stupid as it may sound to some dancers, I'm not going to punish the one guy who is tipping for the behavior of those who aren't. I may not be thrilled about it, but like I've said before, sometimes I get naked for free and sometimes I get money for nothing.

Here's something to think about: at the Cheetah and Pink Pony in ATL, you have to have $5 in tips before removing your top and $10 before getting naked. I think that's pretty cool, obviously.

mr_punk
03-29-2008, 05:40 AM
thanks for the insight, mia. it looks like i instinctively had the right idea all along. there really is no reason why i should reward or pay attention to the stage show of a resentful stripper who didn't buy her way off the stage. however, i still don't condone the lazy and begrudging behavior under the circumstances. but hey, you know these girls.

hockeybobby
03-29-2008, 07:34 AM
At my club, the stage sets are the standard 3 songs with full nudity on the last song...with small variations depending on the dancer. Tipping is very rare if it occurs at all. Most of the shows are pretty much the same too.

When I tip, mostly it's just to make the dancer and myself feel good. It's completely random as far as who, when, at what stage of the show. And it's usually just a random thought pops into my head "I think I'd like to tip her". Nothing planned or any kind of modus operendi.

There is one dancer in particular who is a freelancer, doesn't always dance (she saves herself $20 off her house fee when she does dance) depending on how busy she is, but has by far the best stage performance of any of the dancers who work at this club. She's the one the other dancers stop and watch, never mind the customers. When this girl is announced, I move to a table near the stage, and tip her at the beginning of her show $5. Then I sit back and enjoy as she kinda, sorta, dances for me...it is a sight to see, she is a pro. I've never seen her mail it in...always full effort, full focus, and smooth as silk.

That dancer also gets the occasional dance purchase from me just because of her show. She also does a fantastic lapdance.

Bob_Loblaw
03-29-2008, 11:26 AM
If I happen to sit at the stage, I always tip (anywhere from $5-$20 total throughout the show). If I'm at the back of the club and a dancer provides an exceptional stage show, I get up and hand her a $20 tip after her show. If I'm being entertained, I have no problem tipping.

If the club allows it, the girls have every right to not strip if they choose not to. But as a customer, I am less likely to by dances from her. In my twisted logic, her decision not to strip is a sign that she's got attitude. And since I'm at the club to relax and enjoy myself, it's not something I'd want to deal with.

SPLUT
03-31-2008, 03:35 AM
Thank you for all of your responses. You know..I would like to see a SC with an actual tip rack. In Detroit the tipping is done stage side in the garter or G string. I can see the advantages of being able to throw down a couple of bucks during the second song and then changing it out for a five if you really liked her performance before her set was over. Is it bad form to "make change" like that at a tip rack?

Bob_Loblaw
03-31-2008, 07:36 AM
^^^ The problem with that idea is you're gonna have the guy who comes up with the great idea that he'll take back the tip. If he's questioned by the dancer, he'll just say he was just making change in order to save face.

Lunarobverse
03-31-2008, 07:49 AM
Yeah, not sure I'd go there. If I put money up, I'm going to leave it up. Ain't pullin' it back once it's up there.

Although if I need change, I have been known to ask dancers at the end of their stage show. I'd only ask a dancer I knew, though.

SPLUT: Why can't you just treat the stage as a tip rail? I mean, even if there's no actual rail, just put the money on the stage and go back to your seat. Or stand there and watch.

Jenny
03-31-2008, 08:11 AM
Why not just put up more $1s? Yes, it is very bad form to use the stage to make change.

doc-catfish
03-31-2008, 09:14 AM
Is it bad form to "make change" like that at a tip rack?
Bad form? Not if you don't mind the business end of a stiletto heel in the facial orifice of her choice. Generally anything you put on the stage is supposed to be hers.

I mean, your club does have waitresses, door girls, or some other party whom you can get singles from doesn't it?
/:O

SPLUT
03-31-2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the info on the tip rack. I kind of figured the response, but you never know until you ask.

Jenny, I really don't want that many ones - serious. When I first hit the club I get a beer from the bartender and I ask her to break $40.00 into 5's, and I'm set for the first 8 sets. Change from my drinks feed the pile through out the night. It just goes back to the fact that I tip once per set and a lot of the time it's the third song that I tip on. I don't want to go to the stage twice in a set so I don't.

Now from your posts on Friday, you prolly think I'm a retarded idiot, but can you tell me what concrete benefits I receive by tipping on the 2nd song instead of the third? Please understand I'm not talking about extras.

SPLUT
03-31-2008, 10:05 AM
Doc, of course they have people to make change, but I don't want singles. I tip a fiver to 90% of the dancers. The rest get the odd dollars lying around after tipping my server.

Jenny
03-31-2008, 11:43 AM
Jenny, I really don't want that many ones - serious.
I sympathize. But hey - these are the horrible, debilitating inconveniences one must something suffer to look at naked chicks. Getting a bunch of one dollar bills. Now really, when I put it like that - doesn't it seem a bit silly?

Now from your posts on Friday, you prolly think I'm a retarded idiot, but can you tell me what concrete benefits I receive by tipping on the 2nd song instead of the third?
Weeellll.... for one thing she might take off her top. Remember - the nudity issue that spawned the debate? Overall when a girl refuses to remove her clothes she is saying, more or less "Fuck all of you, if it isn't worth a dollar, you don't really want it". If you give her the dollar, she will see you really want it. It is how it is generally done - if you don't tip on the second song, she will not know you are going to tip on the third. If you do tip on the second song, she will finish her set... like someone is going to/has tipped her. You've spent the exact amount you've planned to spend - just in a different denomination; she feels appreciated and has made five bucks; you got to see her tits. Everyone is happy. Isn't that worth a small pile of one dollar bills? I mean - that is the concrete benefit.

Please understand I'm not talking about extras.
Well, I won't advise you on extras except to recommend that you be unusually spendy. So it is all working out perfectly.

lestat1
03-31-2008, 04:59 PM
I handle the terrible burden of carrying all of those singles by having the dancers carry them for me. You'd be surprised how many are willing to allow you to use their garter or g-string as a permanent money clip. Sometimes they can't carry any more, and they make me place the dollars between their breasts. Life's burdens are endless, but we all seem to survive the night somehow. :P

hands_on
04-03-2008, 04:10 AM
Many times I have seen a hot dancer come on stage and waited for her second dance to tip her after she removed her top. She gets pissy because tip rail guys (I sit several rows back) aren't tipping enough and doesn't take her top off. This is unusually bad behavior by ATX club standards, so my initial inclination to tip her and do some lap dances, if the tip experience goes decently, is countermanded. Her display of attitude probably means I will say no when she come by asking for dances later unless she is way HOT and is willing to sit and chat a bit to convince me she really is a nice person. I avoid strip club drama whenever possible and use the stage dance tip session as a visual and emotional screening method.

kitana
04-07-2008, 09:56 AM

Yes it is our job, but I don't work for free, do you?

zxcire
04-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Yes it is our job, but I don't work for free, do you?

If I work in a tipping industry and don't get tipped, yes, sadly I do work for free. It's the nature of the beast.

kitana
04-07-2008, 09:59 AM

Yes, if her stage show was good enough.

kitana
04-07-2008, 10:14 AM
If I work in a tipping industry and don't get tipped, yes, sadly I do work for free. It's the nature of the beast.

The point I was making was that if I do get topless (no nakkie at my club) and no one tips, I will get clothed again. I will not stay onstage topless dancing for free, especially when the custys are watching, I see them; but not tipping.

Mind you it's not the "older custys" that are the issue I am talking about.

Much like there are annoying idiotic baby strippers, there are also idiotic baby custys, and those are the ones that are problem children.

zxcire
04-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Meh.

IMO, it messes up the customers' view that we are fun women who enjoy getting naked if they see us getting all upset and putting our clothes back on. Who wants to spend money on someone who already messed up the fantasy? I act like I love being naked all the time, because you never know if a big spender who just doesn't tip at stage has got his eye on you. Some of my best customers have never given me a dollar on stage.

I just think it LOOKS better if you don't give that vibe of cranky stripper who only cares about the money. Saturday was slow and stupid at my club and I banked...mostly because I kept a smile on my face while a lot of the other girls got all pouty and rude. It pays off, for me, is what I'm saying.

minnow
04-10-2008, 09:33 PM
My thoughts on this are same as CP's, actions are like LO's- if I'm sitting @ stage I tip at least somewhat with tip proportionalte to individual attention/enthusiasm.

Really, I look at stage interaction/vibes as an "interview session" for potential laps/VIP's: ie, if dancer lame/pouty on stage, why should I think that laps will be any different :yinyang:

LadyLuck
04-11-2008, 10:33 AM
I always do a full club level strip on stage. It's freaking hot under those lights, LOL! But seriously I do take it off at the appropriate time in my set.

There is always a few asshats on any given shift at any given club that will watch and not tip but I know how to handle it. Yes, it pisses me off but if I let it show it will ruin my earning potential with other customers so since the goal is to earn as much as possible it's counter productive to let asshats ruin my hustle.

Now to answer the OP. I also suggest tipping on the second song because like Jenny explained the odds of you getting your ultimate stage show goal met is MUCH higher and damn near absolute. The potential of you getting ripped off is next to none. We can not say the same ( in general terms of stage show tips) so maybe try keeping that in mind and not being so rigid in your expected sequence of events.

SPLUT
04-11-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm working on that "rigid' thing LL we'll see how it goes.