PDA

View Full Version : Any T-SQL geeks out there?

Snappa
04-12-2008, 07:33 AM
I'm looking for a script to generate a create script for CRUD stored procs for every table in a given database. My buddy at work has one, but it's Saturday and I was hoping to get some work done on a personal project this weekend. The one he has will generate an insert, update, delete, retrieve (by primarykey), and retrieveall (result set of all records) for a given DB.

Lysondra
04-12-2008, 07:35 AM
How much you payin'?

Snappa
04-12-2008, 10:14 AM
How much you payin'?

Just found an add-in that does all that and more for free, so um, nothing. This is blue side, after all. I was hoping someone would help a brother out out of solidarity.
http://www.ssmstoolspack.com/

miabella
04-12-2008, 10:40 AM
rofl.

Lysondra
04-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Ha, miabella and I agree on something.

The Jackal
12-11-2011, 07:44 AM
I know this is an old post and Snappa probably is long gone but I want to write this for the benefits of others. You do not need a third party tool to create stored procedure which will do CRUD. Just open up a text editor and start typing your T-SQL codes. After you are done, test it by executing it in the query analyzer.

As an extra note, you should not combine all your Create, Read, Update and Delete logic in one stored procedure unless you have good reason to do so. They should be encapsulated inside separate stored procedures.