PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom Attendant

painintheworld
05-13-2008, 08:20 AM
I frequent one club that always seems to have a bathroom attendant (the other 3 clubs I visit do not have one) who is there every time I visit. Handing out snacks,hand soap,paper towels,etc. - hustling for tips. Is this common practice in your area ?

EDIT: He works the mens room only.

SPLUT
05-13-2008, 08:30 AM
If a bar is trying to go the high class route they usually have one. If I hit a club that has one I ignore him. I can get my own paper towel - thank you.

yoda57us
05-13-2008, 08:39 AM
Most of the clubs in my area do not have them. The ones that do would go hungry if they had to live off of my contribution. I know people have to earn a living but I resent having to have the men's room paper towel dispenser held hostage by a guy with his hand out and a tip jar seeded with his own five dollar bills....oh please!

My advice would be not to shake hands with any guy you see in a strip club with a toilet troll in the men's room...

painintheworld
05-13-2008, 08:46 AM
This guy hustles for money more than the girls do. I did put a dollar in his tip jar before I left Sunday morning. Come to think of it , it is the cleanest bathroom I have seen in a strip club.

hockeybobby
05-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Creepy.

GenWar
05-13-2008, 09:34 AM
I give him a dollar. Not that I have to but...the guy has got to earn a living.

Sometimes they have cigars. Not that I don't bring my own, so I can have the brands I like, but I appreciate the thought.

I just don't resent it. I don't feel it adds anything but I don't feel it detracts either.

Finally, a plea. PLEASE wash your hands. I've never seen a piss monkey who held the towels hostage and even if he does, just get some cocktail napkins from the bar or wipe them on your wingman's jacket or something...But, there is really no excuse for not washing up...

-gen

yoda57us
05-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Finally, a plea. PLEASE wash your hands. I've never seen a piss monkey who held the towels hostage and even if he does, just get some cocktail napkins from the bar or wipe them on your wingman's jacket or something...But, there is really no excuse for not washing up...

-gen

Don't worry Gen, I do.

afxturnip
05-13-2008, 09:50 AM
In the bathroom attendant's defense...

I go in during the day when there is no bathroom attendant, and I'm there at night when there is one. Usually by the time I get there (4-5pm) the damn bathroom is a freakin' wreck. People are animals sometimes, and the floor is coated with wadded up paper towels, toilet tissue, what have ya...

So yeah I can throw a buck in the tray for him keepin' it neat in there.

And oh yeah they sometimes deal with some f'd up shit. We still joke about the time that I found somebody's dirty drawers in the stall, and I had to break the bad news to him.

Fortunately, the ones at my club aren't pushy. They do have a lot of items such as gum, deodorizers, cologne, pomade, cigarettes, etc.

Do I throw a buck every single time I go in there? No, but usually I don't begrudge a couple of bucks a night.

-afx

Fred Farkel
05-13-2008, 11:10 AM
Everything you ever needed to know about strip club mens room attendants is in the classic post by CMG in ASS-C from 1997:

Enjoy

Mr Hyde
05-13-2008, 04:19 PM
Toilet trolls...I don't get it. Who thinks that having these guys is a good thing for a strip club? Does ANYONE like them?

threlayer
05-14-2008, 12:24 PM
I am of two minds on this topic (unusual for me).

I have always been quite modest, especially so in toilets. I don't even like to see anyone else in there, both those using facilities and, especially creepy, those 'standing around.' And most especially those trying to interact with me. I don't apologize for this; Iit's just a private duty I'd much rather do alone. Far as clubs go, I don't even like to converse with guys in strip clubs either, but that's another thread.

I can see why better clubs would want to have someone in there for watching over things, for cleaning, for security, and for having an influence on remiding guys to WASH, which few do. I'm sure dancers would much rather their customers wash up after, even if there is no touching. Just think of the gross possibilities to those completely exposed.... I wonder why so few threads on the pink side bring up this particular topic.

Yeah, I know this could and likely does work both ways. Did your dancer wash up? What des the ladies' room look like? But at least they would have control over this because they can see it. Still if the dancers saw a filthy men's washroom, I doubt they'd want to touch anyone who went in there for any purpose. Many would probably bug management about cleaning up that filthy hole for their own sense of sanitation.

Well, with men's room attendants doing their jobs, I'd have to expect things and customers to be cleaner. Personally I'd wonder about a person who can tolerate being in a public restroom for more than a few minutes, let along having to work in here all evening. But for those who can and do I believe they deserve some customer and management support.

My problem with this reality is that I don't want anyone handing me a towel or anything I didn't ask for. Well, for one thing that is interaction. But having someone in there for my optional convenience is a good thing if they provide proper services. I've seen plush hotels where the men's room attendants are in an anteroom you go thru to get to your business. To me, that's better, but few stripclubs could possibly have the resources to support that.

So that's my complex opinion.

doc-catfish
05-14-2008, 03:52 PM
Piss monkeys are not common around here. The rednecks that make up most of the customer base would never accept another man being in the bathroom who wasn't taking care of his own business. I mean, that just screams.....gaaaaaaaay!!!!

Docido
05-14-2008, 04:08 PM
No piss monkeys in my home club. Maybe that's why our toilets are like Halley's Comet, cleaned once every 75 years.

threlayer
05-14-2008, 07:01 PM
I've probably been to 25 different clubs in various cities/states, though never to some high-falutin' club that charges over $10 a head at the door. I have only seen ONE club that attempts to keep their washroom/restroom anywhere near the standard of your average franchise eatery. And that one is right here in simple Syracuse. Many of them are just plain and simple GROSS, and most of them need the help of a good interior repairman. Certainly they don't need a stand-by attendant to clean those periodically. But hardly any clubs would even consider such; for one thing the demand is mostly limited by the topics discussed on the above several posts; second they clubs don't see that as a reliable investment because we as customers do not demand it.

Madcap
05-20-2008, 03:51 PM
THIS is one thing i don't understand about the SC inductry. Anything that guy can do for me i learned to do myself when i was three years old.

PrettyCurlieQ
05-20-2008, 03:57 PM
I didn't know bathroom attendants hand out snacks! I feel like white trash since I use my bathroom for freshening up and peeing!

Biggieman
05-28-2008, 01:48 AM
I tip the bathroom guy at my fave club simply because he's a cool dude and I have to imagine that job sucks, especially on nights that he doesn't get many tips. Once I decide to "break the seal" (and believe me, I wait as long as possible), I only tip him once and usually on the 3rd or 4th trip to the bathroom (damn alcohol!). If not for the service, I consider it payment for all the mints, Lifesavers, and Starburst that I steal from his little tray throughout the night.

AudreyLeigh
05-28-2008, 03:23 AM
Id rather use the mens room at my club because theres an attendant.... our bathroom is nasty and the mens is gleaming.

Oh and he has a very nice selection of cigars from what I hear. Theres a cabinet with all kinds down stairs.

But from experience at regular clubs with attendants - I feel the same as others. I can wash and dry my hands myself. For free. Thx.

#8_Fan
05-29-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm not a fan at all of bathroom attendants. The club I visit always has one. The one good thing is thats it's a large club and the toilets are behind the sinks so it's not like he's watching you do your business. The thing about him is he seems more interested in handing you a towel then keeping it clean.