PDA

View Full Version : i know theres a lot of tyra haters on here, youll love this...

i.breathe.in
05-29-2008, 05:50 PM
recently tyra banks was put on the cover of the new york times magazine quoted in saying " i think i was put on this earth to instill self esteem in young girls."

sure doesnt seem like it in this story. btw, how does size 0 models on americas next top model show make girls feel better about themselves?

RoseLeigh
05-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Tyra will do anything for ratings. That poor kid. And mom. Not that they were really appropriate pics, but that doesn't give Tyra liscence to invite her on to sic her haters on them.

i.breathe.in
05-29-2008, 06:00 PM
i know, but they werent that different from all the ANTM poses. and she was fully covered.

RoseLeigh
05-29-2008, 06:02 PM
i know, but they werent that different from all the ANTM poses. and she was fully covered.

I just meant b/c she's 11. Otherwise-pretty standard model pics!

i.breathe.in
05-29-2008, 06:03 PM
no i know what you are saying ;)

francescadubois
05-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Aargh!! I just wanna kick this bitch...

Tyra Banks, you eternally suck balls.

ETA: LOL!! Someone posted a comment that said, "I hate Tyra more and more everyday."

Lysondra
05-29-2008, 06:25 PM
how cute her feet don't fit in her heels. <3

i.breathe.in
05-29-2008, 07:35 PM
how cute her feet don't fit in her heels. <3

haha i could say the same thing about half the strippers i work with, they got the crab claw toes...
:P

Lysondra
05-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Crab toe claws is WAY worse than wearing bigger shoes.

I srsly almost got a lapdance the other night and saw some chick was holding her shoes on with her toes and it actually turned me off! No joke. Hahaha.

TheSexKitten
05-29-2008, 07:43 PM
Tyra is a stupid fucking twat.

I feel sorry for that little girl. :(

ArmySGT.
05-29-2008, 08:18 PM
Poor Mother if she was in Germany still people would have yawned. Children and adults still swim topless, children sometimes naked at public pools there (schwimmbads?). So I can see were the Mother is confused, Europeans wouldn't have blinked, maybe teased the little girl for dressing up.

Yeah Puritanism.

iambonbon05
05-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Ugh, that's disgusting. I can see how people would think it's inappropriate but I mostly feel really bad for the kid and it's ridiculous that they were told what to say, especially that she couldn't say she was mimicking ANTM.

And hey, put ten years on her and those would be some pretty good photos.

iseestars
05-29-2008, 09:11 PM
Why is it not okay for the mom to post the pictures on the Internet but yet Tyra can post the exact same pictures on her show for many more people to see and now even more broadcasted over the Internet?

ArmySGT.
05-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Explaining hypocrisy would be lost on Tyra.

Paris
05-30-2008, 12:55 AM
When did America become such HUGE PRUDES? Aren't the vast majority of models under 18 years old? Jut take 5 minutes to flip through Vogue and you see young girls dressed way more provocative than those tame shots.

It's like we are going in reverse!

Dottie Rebel
06-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Haha...those photos are nothing. The mother was accused of pedophila because some nurses saw those photos when the little girl was in the hospital. Really? Really?? That's some busy body nurses at work, seriously. Life at the hospital was boring that week so they did something to spice it up. Period.

As for Tyra? She's a bottom-feeding purveyor of trash. She's disgusting.

By the way--that's how talk and reality shows work. They prep you however they need to prep you to set up the situation they are trying to set up, not to prepare you for what is really happening. I got rickroll'd by Borat, so I can tell you all about that!

TheSexKitten
06-02-2008, 04:31 PM
I got rickroll'd by Borat, so I can tell you all about that!

*waits with baited breath*

;D

Samba
06-02-2008, 04:59 PM
It figures that producers set people up like that. And I think there is a difference between 15-17 year old models in sexy poses and a pre-pubescent 11 year old with bedroom hair and a top that would be revealing if she had anything to reveal. It pisses me off that sexy clothes are even made in children's sizes. By all means, let's make 5th graders and middle school kids sex objects.

ETA I know the thread isn't really about the pictures. It was a dick move on the TB show to mislead them. But, why wouldn't the mom have gone to a child's agent? Child models aren't posed like that.

TheSexKitten
06-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Well, some of the most successful high fashion models have dipped as low as 13. :-\

Samba
06-02-2008, 05:47 PM
:-\ is right...

I can't understand why people even go on most talk shows. (tyra, springer show) wtf people, like they're going to exploit everyone but you?

TheSexKitten
06-02-2008, 06:46 PM
It's almost like they get a thrill out of trying to beat the system or something, or they're just really naive. Ugh.

CKXXX
06-03-2008, 12:59 AM
I love how Tyra says "its so sad you fell you have to sexualize your daughter to kick start her career" Umm...color me crazy,but didnt TYRA'S career get kick started by posing sexy in her underwear???

Someone should really explain what a hypocrite is to her and her producers.

Dottie Rebel
06-03-2008, 04:29 AM
*waits with baited breath*

;D

Haha...Ok. I was running an international campaign for a social issues organization at the time. We got a call that a BBC documentarian was doing a film about the essense of America and since protest is an essential part of the history of the country, they wanted to film a demonstration. I even spent thousands of dollars (of my budget, not my own) to set up a special demo tour through the area they said they'd be filming in.

A half hour into my hour long protest and the host of the docu still hadn't shown up. Then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, Borat comes walking down the street with a film crew. I was like, "FUUUUCK." He was a trip. He seriously embodied the character. He even smelled. I read later that he has never, ever washed that suit. I didn't want to be fucked with, so when they started to interview me and he asked my name I said, "Ali" and winked. Without a word the whole film crew scurried as a unit to the next target. That was pretty funny!

No one else knew who he was and lots of them started vehemently arguing with him that we were not there to protest for the right to eat dogs, as he was pretending to have understood the situation. It was pretty pathetic how gullible some people are.

i.breathe.in
06-03-2008, 10:30 AM
He even smelled. I read later that he has never, ever washed that suit. I didn't want to be fucked with, so when they started to interview me and he asked my name I said, "Ali" and winked. Without a word the whole film crew scurried as a unit to the next target. That was pretty funny!

have you seen him for his next movie? i cant recall the name of it, but he got all buff waxed and made pretty, seriously. he looks hot. i love actors that can do anything.
so many of them are typecast becuase they are good at what they do but thats it you put them in something different then they are used to and they usually dont do a good job.

RoseLeigh
06-03-2008, 11:06 AM
No one else knew who he was and lots of them started vehemently arguing with him that we were not there to protest for the right to eat dogs, as he was pretending to have understood the situation. It was pretty pathetic how gullible some people are.

That's funny as hell. I've made a number of people watch Ali G and a LOT of people think it's real.

TheSexKitten
06-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Excellent story, Dottie! Thanks for sharing. 8)

i.breathe.in
06-09-2008, 08:07 AM
god im watching tyra and shes talking about women who embrace being fat....and praising them.

what a freaking walking oxymoron.

blessthefall
06-10-2008, 03:58 PM
jesuschrist. i have pictures and even video of me being super little (im talking 3, 4) and singing (provocatively, mind you) "like a virgin"...

tyra will do anything. for. ratings.

Nikki_lace_7
06-16-2008, 06:29 PM
There's robots in Tyra's hair! I KNOW IT! THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING IN THERE.
WHY IS HER HAIR SO DAMN BIG!?
WHYYY

i.breathe.in
06-16-2008, 11:50 PM
There's robots in Tyra's hair! I KNOW IT! THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING IN THERE.
WHY IS HER HAIR SO DAMN BIG!?
WHYYY

its full of secrets...lol

(i love mean girls)

i.breathe.in
06-21-2008, 11:09 AM
what the hell tyra just won a daytime emmy award....

shes posing like she just saved 30 baby seals from being clubbed or something....

BeBe
06-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Seriously, there's a whole list of celebrities that are out of touch with reality, think they're God, and claim to want to righteously help and save the world with their twisted dogma.

Our views are irrelevant, they know what's best, after all they're on TV, they must be doing something right. Are you freaking kidding me...

I watched the clip, you could see that this mother really didn't know the best way to get her child into modeling and what types of pictures would be appropriate for her to use in her daughter's portfolio. She thought the pictures were harmless and that she was going on the Tyra Show to get her help on how to jumpstart her daughter's career.

Tyra was pretty critical in her assessment and went all out calling the daughter a victim of her mother. Oh, it's great television alright. Tyra, standing on the soap box pointing the finger.

It's what she and alot of other talk shows do best, EXPLOIT!

If you're not educated enough to know, stay off the Tyra show.

pookie
06-22-2008, 01:29 PM
I agree with Tyra to a very small persent. I think its good that Tyra was honest that those particular photos would not work for legit agencies. But, Tyra just went about thing completely the wrong way. I mostly agree with the mothers point of view.

AlexxaHex
06-24-2008, 08:29 PM
OMG I HATE THAT BITCH SO MUCH. I hope she dies of anal cancer. Tomorrow.

I agree with whoever made the "puritans" comment. I honestly don't see anything wrong with those photos at all. Maybe she's making some suggestive poses but she's just playing around. She's not trying to seduce anybody! Jeezus.

leilanicandy
06-25-2008, 03:16 PM
I.E Breathe In I will like to first say, I am not attacking you! Yet in my defense.

I don't think anyone on this site. Is Tyra hater! It is just in ones natural defense to take a stand for themselves, when been bombard with personal attacks about something they do. Or use to do! Especially buy someone who acts so self righteous, and preaching false teachings. You I think agree, that she makes up the most craziest schemes.

Now for her latest scheme. Which I guest is typical for a woman. With very little self esteem. Implies that she is only about the money. Or she needs serious help! That she knows not what she do or say.

Judging by her past topics and comments. I think this tv show of hers. Is a form of counseling, to help her get threw her storm. I just pity the children, that actually listen and believe in her.

i.breathe.in
06-25-2008, 03:42 PM
i dont feel you are attacking me. :)

trust me theres lots of tyra haters on this board, just do a thread search and youll see how many threads pop up of people ranting about the stupid shit she does and says.

CKXXX
06-25-2008, 05:17 PM
<<waves hand>> Tyra hater here

fancygirl
06-25-2008, 09:21 PM
^ me too. Wanted to make ArmySGT's post a link at the bottom of my posts but can't figure it out.

I was going to say I hope she gets hit by a bus, but nothing beats hoping that she gets anal cancer tomorrow. nothing.