PDA

View Full Version : How different might the last 40 years have been...?

Pan Dah
06-05-2008, 12:15 AM
Robert Francis Kennedy

11/20/1925 - 6/6/1968

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dc/Robertkennedy.jpg

R. I. P.

:'(

“Some men see things as they are and say why.
I dream things that never were and say, why not.”

francescadubois
06-05-2008, 02:16 PM
I often wonder the same thing. Bobby was the light. :no: SMH

G-Real
06-05-2008, 04:15 PM
I often wonder the same thing. Bobby was the light. :no: SMH

I was born in the 70s, but, i often look back at that time with him and JFK, so much possiblity.....

ps. Pandah: thats a JFK quote

Melonie
06-05-2008, 04:33 PM
as long as we're on the subject, also consider how the world might be different if ...

- the 'elder' Shah of Iran had not been deposed by the US / UK / Soviet Union in 1941 -

- Neville Chamberlain didn't die in november of 1939, opening the door for Winston Churchill -

- Ross Perot hadn't run as a third party candidate in 1992, handing the election to George Bush #1 instead of Bill Clinton

-

G-Real
06-05-2008, 05:53 PM
as long as we're on the subject, also consider how the world might be different if ...

- the 'elder' Shah of Iran had not been deposed by the US / UK / Soviet Union in 1941 -

- Neville Chamberlain didn't die in november of 1939, opening the door for Winston Churchill -

- Ross Perot hadn't run as a third party candidate in 1992, handing the election to George Bush #1 instead of Bill Clinton

-

- If the recount in Florida was done correctly, without political influence: we wouldn't be in Iraq, we would have been working on alternative fuels, we wouldn't have remembered George W Bush.

francescadubois
06-05-2008, 06:46 PM
- If the recount in Florida was done correctly, without political influence: we wouldn't be in Iraq, we would have been working on alternative fuels, we wouldn't have remembered George W Bush.

Amen!!

UtahMike
06-06-2008, 10:32 PM
ps. Pandah: thats a JFK quote

Actually, George Bernard Shaw wrote it, but RFK quoted it in a speech and it is often attributed to him. Teddy Kennedy quoted the speech at RFK's funeral.

bem401
06-07-2008, 08:40 AM
If he hadn't been assassinated, one possible benefit would have been that his idiot brother Ted might never have risen to prominence.

Knock Bush and the war all you like but do you really believe some of those nuts in Gitmo and that we killed in Iraq wouldn't have come here in the 7 years since 9/11 to kill us if we weren't fighting them in their own backyard?

Deogol
06-07-2008, 01:35 PM
If he hadn't been assassinated, one possible benefit would have been that his idiot brother Ted might never have risen to prominence.

Knock Bush and the war all you like but do you really believe some of those nuts in Gitmo and that we killed in Iraq wouldn't have come here in the 7 years since 9/11 to kill us if we weren't fighting them in their own backyard?

His other idiot brother managed to put us into the Vietnam War.

Plenty of everybody is responsible for Iraq. Just review some voting records with (D) next to them.

bem401
06-07-2008, 01:47 PM
His other idiot brother managed to put us into the Vietnam War.

Plenty of everybody is responsible for Iraq. Just review some voting records with (D) next to them.

Yeah but Deo, Teddy is in a league by himself. He got thrown out of college for cheating, commited DUI-death resulting and leaving the scene of a fatal accident ( while commiting adultery ). Then he became a bloated alcoholic and started doing real damage.

And with Iraq, the deaths are occurring over there, not on Main St.

doc-catfish
06-07-2008, 01:49 PM
We tend to historically canonize leaders who meet an early demise, especially as time goes by and firsthand memories of their actual public service fade away.

If RFK hadn't been assassinated, I don't think we would look as favorably upon him as we do today, especially if he had been elected. We'd likely see him more in the same light as we do his surviving brother who drove his car off a bridge, not the other brother who also met an early demise.