PDA

View Full Version : buying dancer outfits on ebay....

i.breathe.in
06-17-2008, 05:28 PM
i have a bunch of stuff to list, and to make it easier on myself i am thinking of doing it in lots rather then seperate listings.

could i make more money selling them single do you think, or would i in the lots?

would you by a lot of items on ebay if there were one or 2 outfits you didnt care for?

just trying to figure out the most profitable way to do it.

CKXXX
06-17-2008, 07:11 PM
It depends on what you are selling. If you have several outfits you would sell for say $5...putting them in a lot together for $15 would be easier(you only have to ship one package...)

Dont put too high a starting price..start them off at $1(you can put a reserve on it if you dont want to sell them for under a certain price...if nobody bids up to that price,you arent obligated to sell...but you CAN offer a second chance for someone who bid right UNDER your reserve if you want to)

MAKE SURE to put right in the description if you dont want to ship international. I also ALWAYS block people with no feedback or negative feedback from bidding..and say in the description that if they want to bid,they have to contact me first. Helps cut down on non paying bidders.

i.breathe.in
06-17-2008, 07:22 PM
im used to selling on ebay just not lots, and i never ship international. its too big a hassle.

CKXXX
06-17-2008, 08:14 PM
I agree. I dont ship international either.

Lots are easier if you have a lot of cheap stuff. If you are selling more expensive outfits,you'll fare better separating them. Just offer to combine shipping if they buy more then one thing.

TheTempest
06-17-2008, 09:56 PM
All I sell are lots because there's too much crap I want to get rid of. Probably because I buy lots. LOL

I thought I saw a thread about stripper stuff being removed from EBay, but I have bought stuff off there too so I think some stuff is OK to be posted, just not all.

In a lot of ways, lots are easier but they don't always sell. Sometimes people don't search for lots so it might be easier to put it under "women's clothing" instead of "womens clothing - mixed lots"

LadyLuck
06-18-2008, 09:36 AM
I would be more likely to buy an single outfit lot over a multi outfit lot- unless ofcourse I just loved all the sets in the lot, which is unlikely.

My suggestion would be to put together sets. Something like a gown, matching garter and gloves for example. Sell it as a matching set ratther than a bunch of outfits together in one auction.

loveandluxury
06-18-2008, 10:19 AM
I've got a bunch of stuff that I want to sell too, or get rid of somehow. I'll probably post the better stuff on here for the clothing trade. I've got just your basic stripper stuff and I've also got a few VS pieces that are really nice, but I can't wear anymore after my BA so I was thinking of selling those individually and the rest of the cheaper basic stripper stuff in a lot.