PDA

View Full Version : Another Tipping question

bsteve
07-07-2008, 10:13 PM
A really, really stupid question (sorry, I could not find it in previous posts, though I imagine it was already asked): How does a guy tip a dancer on stage if he is sitting far away from the stage? Does he keep on running back and forth? Doesn’t his table get taken by another customer when he is tipping?

greenidlady1
07-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Just leave a drink and some keys or something siting on the table. If you are good to your waitress and tip her properly she might watch your table for you as well. Or you could just sit at the stage.

UtahMike
07-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Wait until the dancer is not performing for a guy at the tip rail. You leave your table, taking your drink in your hand. Make eye contact with the dancer so she knows the tip came from you. Put it on the stage. Smile, and return to your seat. Likely the dancer will now do a little dance for you.

If someone has taken the table, just say, "Hey this is my table. I just left for a minute to put a tip on the stage." But since doing the above takes only a few seconds, it is not likely that his will happen.

doc-catfish
07-07-2008, 10:44 PM
There are differing means on how to hand the money over depending on the laws where you live. In some cases, you can hand it directly to the dancer, in others you have to lay it on the stage or rail. Whether you're seated at the stage, a nearby table, or a faraway table doesn't really matter. With the latter, you just have further to walk. If you're in an unfamiliar club, just watch what the locals do and proceed accordingly.

As for your table being taken, highly unlikely, but I've had it done to me and I couldn't have been out of that seat for more than 20 seconds. I left shortly afterwards. Their loss.

Richard_Head
07-07-2008, 10:54 PM
Yes, keep running back and forth. Put a napkin over your drink, it's the universal strip club sign that says "this seat is taken".

Biggieman
07-07-2008, 11:24 PM
Take your cash, make the most badass paper airplane you can out of it, take aim, reach back, launch it towards the dancer's garter, and hope for the best.

If I didn't normally just walk over to the stage in the circumstance you gave, then I'd definitely go the paper airplane route. Or not. It's worth a shot.

GenWar
07-08-2008, 05:15 AM
The wingman watches the table for me, as I do for him.

You can also tip the waitress to do so. If you are a good tipper, the waitress will not want to risk a random fucko in her section.

-gen

safado
07-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Crumble the dollar into a ball and throw it at her.

GeorgeBailey
07-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Ditto what Gen said...developing good relationships with waitresses can pay off in a number of ways.

yoda57us
07-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Crumble the dollar into a ball and throw it at her.

This will get you kicked out of some clubs.

doc-catfish
07-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Apparently, its encouraged in Brazil. I wouldn't know.
:rotfl:

greenidlady1
07-08-2008, 06:46 PM
The only time I've ever seen it encouraged is when a feature entertainer was holding a wine glass between her breasts while the guys were trying throw the dollar bill in the glass.

UtahMike
07-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Ditto what Gen said...developing good relationships with waitresses can pay off in a number of ways.
Waitresses come by often enough that it is possible to develop a good relationship? Unbelievable!

Taco Goblin
07-09-2008, 01:15 AM
I have actually seen asshats crumble their dollar bills into tiny balls and fling them uncerimoniously at the poor dancer hanging upside down on a pole.

But yeah, the best answer is what Richard said. Do the napkin thing. Everyone seems to respect that. I usually ask for a couple extra napkins just so I'm not transferring table sludge to my glass. Put a li'l hole in your napkin, and pop the straw thru if you're in a breezy area. :) That's my tips.

Never in a MILLION years would I leave my keys unattended in a strip club!

GenWar
07-09-2008, 06:39 AM
There is one club in philly, where the dancer lies on stage and spreads her legs. You are encouraged to ball up a tip and toss it at the magic spot, if you know what I mean. If you hit it, after the stage set, she comes over and gives you a kiss on the cheek. I found the whole thing very surreal, especially when I didn't understand the process and thought my one friend was REALLY popular with the ladies. Turns out, he just had good aim.

-gen

mr_punk
07-09-2008, 07:31 AM
A really, really stupid question (sorry, I could not find it in previous posts, though I imagine it was already asked): How does a guy tip a dancer on stage if he is sitting far away from the stage? Does he keep on running back and forth? Doesn’t his table get taken by another customer when he is tipping?LOL..such a complicated question. is the stage really worth the effort of a PL getting out of his seat?

You can also tip the waitress to do so. If you are a good tipper, the waitress will not want to risk a random fucko in her section.overkill. i tip my waitress to grab girls not to tip a stage show.

Mr Hyde
07-09-2008, 07:31 AM
cooterball

GenWar
07-09-2008, 09:15 AM
overkill. i tip my waitress to grab girls not to tip a stage show.

Hmm...I guess that was somewhat confusing. I meant, tip the waitress to watch the table. A PL should do his own stage tipping.

-gen

safado
07-09-2008, 02:37 PM

It was a joke, I figured I would give a stupid answer to bsteve's stupid question.

bsteve
07-09-2008, 06:55 PM
There is one club in philly, where the dancer lies on stage and spreads her legs. You are encouraged to ball up a tip and toss it at the magic spot, if you know what I mean. If you hit it, after the stage set, she comes over and gives you a kiss on the cheek. I found the whole thing very surreal, especially when I didn't understand the process and thought my one friend was REALLY popular with the ladies. Turns out, he just had good aim.

-gen

Show & Tel? (not from a 1st hand experience)

I thought that you've posted on this board to stay away from this club.

bsteve
07-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Never in a MILLION years would I leave my keys unattended in a strip club!

Yeah, I wonder if someone might not think that it is a tip

GenWar
07-10-2008, 09:02 AM
Show & Tel? (not from a 1st hand experience)

I thought that you've posted on this board to stay away from this club.

Bingo. Get the man a kewpie doll.

Did I? Hmm...I am feeling more open minded today. To each his own...I personally won't go again, but it takes all kinds. `Sides, you wouldn't want me saying that without first hand experience.

-gen

P.S. Place is a dump.

yoda57us
07-11-2008, 03:56 AM
It was a joke, I figured I would give a stupid answer to bsteve's stupid question.

Well, you got it half right.

bem401
07-11-2008, 05:32 AM
A really, really stupid question (sorry, I could not find it in previous posts, though I imagine it was already asked): How does a guy tip a dancer on stage if he is sitting far away from the stage? Does he keep on running back and forth? Doesn’t his table get taken by another customer when he is tipping?

Lately, at least at certain times of the day, the number of tables generally exceeds the number of customers so losing your seat isn't much of an issue, but i remember the days when it might have been a problem.

yoda57us
07-11-2008, 06:15 AM
I'm primarily a daytime customer and losing my seat is generally not a problem. I can go to the stage, sit for two songs, come back to the seating area and my table will still be there. I don't leave anything at the table other than my drink. If my fav has a drink she generally takes it with her to the stage out of habit as she knows I am going up to tip her.
Crowded night times are a different story. I've lost my table quit a few times even just getting up to go the men's room but it's not something I think about too much. I'll find someplace else to sit.

GenWar
07-11-2008, 07:31 AM
Crowded night times are a different story. I've lost my table quit a few times even just getting up to go the men's room but it's not something I think about too much. I'll find someplace else to sit.

I envy you. I can't just sit "anywhere".

http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1306612#post1306612

Once I have a seat, I NEED to keep it.

-gen

yoda57us
07-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Well Gen, as I have often said, we go to clubs for different reasons. I'm looking to spend copious amounts of time with a particular dancer in conversation followed by multiple dances. Proximity to the stage or anything else for that matter is not important to me. Even when traveling I look for the most out of the way seat I can find at the bar to survey the activity.

If it's any comfort I won't always sit JUST ANYWHERE. I have even been known to leave and go someplace else when I can't find a good spot.

doc-catfish
07-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Last time I was in an actual strip club (mid-May), I do remember losing my seat. It was a Saturday night, a bit rainy out, so I marked it with my light jacket.

Of course, Miss Lap Dance marathon finds me and we head up to the couches..ooh..for a hour and a half.

And yeah, the club did fill up while we were up there. When I got back to my table, someone had taken it. After 23 dances, I really just needed my jacket and the guy politely handed it to me. I was too giddy to possibly be upset.

Ahh, nights like those are rare anymore.

UtahMike
07-11-2008, 08:49 PM
My drink goes with me wherever I go, even to the men's room. I'd rather lose my table than let someone have access to my drink. Guess I just have trust issues.

bsteve
07-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Yet another moment of clarity.

Tonight I went on my second trip to a SC (same club as 2 weeks ago, but all dancers were different). I started tipping dancers on the stage. I took your advise, I ran back and forth with tips. It worked!

I tipped a dancer just because she did a great job. Generally $5. I was really surprised how little other guys tipped. Out of 20 guys, maybe a dollar or two. I dunno … maybe its because it was Monday night.

It worked well. It drove the dancers to my table. But unfortunately, when the food came, I was stupid enough to keep tipping. Every time I tipped, each tipped dancer made a beeline for my table, but seeing me in middle of my dinner she turned with something like “I’ll come back when you are finished.” None ever did come back, though I got dances from others who did not tip.

I guess there is no point of tipping if you are no in a position to accept any LDs.

UtahMike
07-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Next time, eat before you go to the club. Or, ask the dancer if you can buy her dinner.

doc-catfish
07-14-2008, 11:05 PM
It worked well. It drove the dancers to my table. But unfortunately, when the food came, I was stupid enough to keep tipping. Every time I tipped, each tipped dancer made a beeline for my table, but seeing me in middle of my dinner she turned with something like “I’ll come back when you are finished.” None ever did come back, though I got dances from others who did not tip.
In clubs where food is served, its generally a faux pas for a dancer to hustle a customer while he's eating. Precisely why in 13+ years of going to SC's, I can count the number of times I've eaten at one on one finger.

Remove the food from this equation, and you'd have gotten your dances. In the hustle bustle environment of a SC, attention spans are pretty short.

I guess there is no point of tipping if you are no in a position to accept any LDs.
Well, unless you just want to show appreciation for the show. Often when we tip a gal, and especially tip above the norm, we mean it as a calling card for bigger business to come, but it doesn't necessarily have to be.

yoda57us
07-15-2008, 06:27 AM
Yet another moment of clarity.

Where exactly is that moment of clarity?

How about tipping because dancing is how she makes a living and tipping contributes to her income. Seems like a good reason to me...

Jenny
07-15-2008, 07:32 AM
I hate food in strip clubs. I just think it's disgusting. I can't even think about food in a strip club.

GenWar
07-15-2008, 11:28 AM
I hate food in strip clubs. I just think it's disgusting. I can't even think about food in a strip club.

I have had some of the best meals of my life in strip clubs.

I think that, because they are a strip club kitchen, they tend to overcompensate. It could be that or the guilt over what the club will charge to eat, regardless. Either way, I rarely regret ordering food in a club when I am hungry.

-gen

hockeybobby
07-15-2008, 07:16 PM
My club has good food and i'm there for lunch usually. I'll tip while i'm eating, but it never has anything to do with getting a dance. It's just an impulse. Today I tipped a girl I've gotten the odd dance from. She had an adorable outfit on so I went up to the stage and told her so. I also said I'd like her to be my sex-slave, to which she laughed uproariously (sp?) while I slipped the five into her skirt waistband.

bsteve
07-15-2008, 07:21 PM

I understand what you are saying. Getting close to a customer who has a bad breath from eating a hearty meal, greasy lips, or sticky hands would be pretty disgusting to a dancer. :yuck: That’s why I wash up, and use mouthwash after dinner, before accepting any LDs.

Perhaps I am an atypical customer. I work the whole day, from 9 am usually till 9 or 10 pm. Sometime on the way home I stop for a bite to eat. And now, sometimes, I stop by a SC, get food and get a couple of lap dances. I get my evening entertainment and a meal at the same time. :thumbsup:

I would not go to a strip club if it did not serve food. Call me weird, but I just don’t time to hang around clubs. Get in, get a drink, order a steak or lamb, get a couple of LDs before the food comes, eat, wash up, get a couple of LDs instead of a dessert, and get out. I gotta get to bed by a reasonable hour, or I am a wreck the next day. I am planning on stopping by a SC every two weeks or so, and 60 to 90 minutes is not going to kill me.

As a matter of fact, the food is so good at this particular SC, the prices are so reasonable (unlike drinks), that I would go there even if there would be devoid of girls. Where else can you find New York Strip or Crab Wellington served on fine china at 11:00 pm?

Yes, now that I am over 40, food is more important then it was when I was 20. Never thought I say that. :'(

bsteve
07-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Where exactly is that moment of clarity?

How about tipping because dancing is how she makes a living and tipping contributes to her income. Seems like a good reason to me...

Point well taken. :-[ You are absolutely right.

Yes, I did tip because I appreciate the dancer, regardless whether I wanted her to join me. But I do not want to appear that I am leading her on.

Jenny
07-16-2008, 06:47 AM
Gen, maybe it's because I work nude? All those vaginas floating around all that food? It just seems wrong.

yoda57us
07-16-2008, 08:12 AM
Point well taken. :-[ You are absolutely right.

Yes, I did tip because I appreciate the dancer, regardless whether I wanted her to join me. But I do not want to appear that I am leading her on.

As far as the "leading on" part...

The fact is that the dancer is their for primarily one reason: To sell dances. Tipping her at the stage is a "lead" and most good sales people won't ignore a good lead. While it is true that most dancers will approach a guy that tipped her at the stage it doesn't obligate you to buy a dance. Of course she is going to try and sell you on the idea but they also understand that every dollar at the stage does not lead to a sale. Just be up front when they come over. Don't waste their time and don't lead them on. Ultimately they will appreciate the tip even if it doesn't lead to dances.

yoda57us
07-16-2008, 08:16 AM
Gen, maybe it's because I work nude? All those vaginas floating around all that food? It just seems wrong.

I have mixed feeling on food in strip clubs and it really depends on the club.

I have been in many places where I wouldn't even eat the free buffet and it is usually for exactly the reason that Jenny said. Pussy and meat balls just don't seem like they belong in the same room...

On the other hand, my ATF currently works in a club that has always been known for serving decent food. When I visit for an afternoon we end up having lunch and, though the place is in no danger of winning any culinary awards, it's not bad.

GenWar
07-16-2008, 11:14 AM

Hmmm...good point. The only nude club that serves food that I recall eating at had very clear, well defined physical separations between the nude area and the eating area. I suppose some people could transmit back and forth but I know *I* didn't and I gotta have faith that the cook/waitstaff didn't either.

On the whole, I eat in topless clubs. `Course, I mostly go to topless clubs. In all honesty, that's my preference.

-gen

hockeybobby
07-16-2008, 11:44 AM
What harm can it be to have a lot of vaginas around when you are eating? Hell, there could be a vagina on the table right on the other side of my plate while I eat and it would be ok with me.

UtahMike
07-16-2008, 12:14 PM

Just don't sit on my food, and I think it will all be fine.

bsteve
07-16-2008, 08:30 PM

Jenny, in my neck of the woods, there are essentially two types of SCs:
(1) topless, which serve food and drinks; and
(2) nude, which serve neither.

Thus, vaginas and food are not floating in the same club.