PDA

View Full Version : What? another tipping thread? sheesh

SPLUT
08-01-2008, 05:21 AM
I'm bored. When you are sitting with a stripper you like and she gets called to stage do you go up and tip her during her set? I always do, but I've seen a lot of guys buy a dancer a drink sit with her for a couple of sets then just ignore her when on stage. If you didn't like her why buy her a drink and if you do like her whats a couple more bucks?

rockie
08-01-2008, 06:34 AM
I always tip my entertainer's, and other dancers, stage set unless I'm detained by a lap dance during their stage set. I agree, what's a couple of bucks, and I don't feel the cost of a drink changes anything. If I'm their long enough for a second stage set I don't always feel the need to tip again unless I'm near the stage.

Richard_Head
08-01-2008, 06:54 AM
Yes, if possible I do.

Dance Fan
08-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Yes, I do.

SeppeSai
08-01-2008, 11:38 AM
I always tip the ATF when she's on stage.

mr_punk
08-01-2008, 03:29 PM
I'm bored. When you are sitting with a stripper you like and she gets called to stage do you go up and tip her during her set?and get up out of my comfortable seat? no way. besides, she'll be back.

If you didn't like her why buy her a drink and if you do like her whats a couple more bucks?Inertia: "An object at rest tends to stay at rest."

doc-catfish
08-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Yes, most definitely.

jannisary
08-01-2008, 04:48 PM
As always... it depends.

If the club is busy and it looks like she will have a decent number of guys stage tipping then I will just stay in my seat. As Punk stated, she'll be back. It is not that I don't like her, its just that going to a busy stage isn't that fun for me.

If the club is slow, or the other guys just aren't tipping then I'll definitely get my lazy ass out of my seat and tip generously at her stage.

Regardless, the dancer is probably going to get X amount of money from me in either situation by the end of the evening.

hockeybobby
08-01-2008, 06:08 PM
I'd sit at the stage and tip her. Just continue the visit there.

yoda57us
08-01-2008, 06:22 PM
Yes, I always go to the stage. Honestly, I go on slow days and quite often I may be the only guy at the stage for at least one or two of her sets. It's just a continuation of the visit for me.

FBR
08-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Agree. If I have been sitting with her for a while that means I like her and appreciate her company. If she goes on stage I will continue with the tips.

FBR

GeorgeBailey
08-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Yes, I do.

CalifSCVisitor65
08-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Nodding

UtahMike
08-13-2008, 11:27 AM
At several of the clubs I attend, lapdances are topless, but the stage is full nude. Naturally, I am going to want to see the pussy of the girl who just was squirming around on my lap or who is going to be doing so in the near future.

In most other cases, the answer is probably.

cadenceq
09-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Here's a good guide if you go to a club

$5 if you want her to remove an article of clothing on stage

Quick chat - no tip

$10 or a drink if you'd like to sit with her and talk for 15 minutes. Time is money

Average dance - no tip

Average dance, good conversation or really hot chick - $5

Awesome dance - $10 or above

Anything fetish like (shoe play, asking her to talk like a baby) - $10

Allowing you to touch pink bits - $15

Any extras she gives should be fairly compensated, and if you actually come on her (accidently or otherwise) give her a massive tip cos girls actually think it's gross.

If you want a decent dance, with hot chicks and good conversation, go to an upmarket club, like the one I'm at. You pay more, chicks don't offer any extra services (you'll be thrown out for asking), but tips aren't as expected because you are actually paying for quality. It's only at lower class clubs where you have to pay to get a bit of decent service that tipping is needed.

grindonme
09-22-2008, 10:42 AM
Here's a good guide if you go to a club

Quick chat - no tip

$10 or a drink if you'd like to sit with her and talk for 15 minutes. Time is money

Average dance - no tip

Any extras she gives should be fairly compensated, and if you actually come on her (accidently or otherwise) give her a massive tip cos girls actually think it's gross.

If you want a decent dance, with hot chicks and good conversation, go to an upmarket club, like the one I'm at. You pay more, chicks don't offer any extra services (you'll be thrown out for asking), but tips aren't as expected because you are actually paying for quality. It's only at lower class clubs where you have to pay to get a bit of decent service that tipping is needed.

LOL, i've seen strippers who talk like that and wonder if guys actually like it

xdamage
09-22-2008, 05:26 PM
It all became too much work ... I just stopped going to SCs since last year and spending my money on other things. I have this dream of one day the dancers will being say "Customers please come back, we missed you"

yoda57us
09-22-2008, 06:10 PM
It all became too much work ... I just stopped going to SCs since last year and spending my money on other things. I have this dream of one day the dancers will being say "Customers please come back, we missed you"

Is this what you mean by too much work?

Quick chat - no tip

Average dance - no tip

hockeybobby
09-22-2008, 06:44 PM

LOL....we need another ribbon option for you. How about a jade coloured one for jaded retired customers.

I can't believe you've been gone all of 2008 and they haven't begged you to come back yet. Like, they could have at least put some posters up on the telephone polls or something... :D

doc-catfish
09-22-2008, 06:52 PM
I do have to agree with XD to some extent. I'm not sure how an activity that is supposed to be fun somehow became a moral obligation to please our entertainer of choice. That to me is putting the cart before the horse. If its not fun anymore, what's the point?
:shrug:

To be quite honest, in dealing with any type of service worker, I'd just as soon they price their services at a price where they'd be happy without a tip. If that means everything is 15-20% higher as a result, so be it.

In case anyone is befuddled by cadenceq's price structure there, I believe she's an Aussie and dances are a bit different beast down there. In American terms, some of those amounts would constitute a 50% tip. I assume she means per dance on those?

xdamage
09-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Yup, I haven't gone back in 2008. Not saying I never will, but yep, it feels more and more like we are there to keep our entertainers happy vs being our entertainment time and they are there to entertain us. I always tipped well, but it use to feel like something I did because I wanted too. More and more it began to feel like I better do it or I'd get the "cheap douche" look. Not fun.

yoda57us
09-23-2008, 04:59 AM
I don't go nearly as often as I used to. I have also noticed the "is that all?" look from dancers as well as the "why don't you wanna buy a dance from me" whine more than ever.

Still, not every dancer is like that. I manage ignore the ones who are, or at least not let them rain on my parade. My favs are all ladies who have been around a while. My ATF has been dancing for about sixteen years. She is more than happy to get a dollar at the stage or one $20 LD from a guy if that is all he wants to pay for. You make your money on the stage one dollar at a time in most clubs and twenty dollars at a time on the floor.

What HAS happened for me at least is that I am less likely to try a new club when I am on the road and it because of the attitudes that we are talking about here.

xdamage
09-23-2008, 06:32 AM
I do of course understand the tip mentality. Over time the expectations that a tip is required grows, not just in this industry but others as well. Wanting a tip is fine of course.

There is actually no single reason I haven't been in much of a rush to go back. Multiple reasons like harder hustle, fewer customers, too many strippers who I think most guys would agree would never have been hired in the early 90s, attitudes, and more. This is an industry that will probably go through ups and downs like others. Seemed to be on a down swing last few times I went.