PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Curve 8330

yoda57us
08-03-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm getting ready to dump Nextel and switch over to Sprint. Does anyone have one of these? I'm using a standard phone right now but the BB would be a great tool for my business. Any feedback would be appreciated...

i.breathe.in
08-03-2008, 04:19 PM
i have a bb pearl, i would wait though they are going to have new phones coming out soon including a touch screen blackberry, so that means the older oens will go on sale or they will have sign discounts....t mobile is getting the touch screen bbs in november i think.

yoda57us
08-03-2008, 04:27 PM
The Curve is $150 right now, after discounts and rebates...

i.breathe.in
08-03-2008, 04:32 PM
thats not bad, they must be gearing up for the new releases. check out crackberry.com for lots of berry info and release dates and previews.

xdamage
08-03-2008, 05:11 PM
I fought buying a high end phone myself for a long time. I don't have the BB, I have the AT&T Tilt, but I have to admit, I am loving having my PDA and Phone in the same device. Nothing I couldn't live without but having all my info, plus phone together plus a little keyboard for typing out SMS and email is pretty sweet.

yoda57us
08-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Yeah, I mean, I've got a laptop and a broadband card so I can get online pretty easily. Being able to do it even more on the fly is starting to become more of a necessity.

For a while the direct connect feature on Nextel was very important for me so I was kinda chained to that service...no longer the case.

The only negative I have read on the Curve is that the actual call quality is not as good as many regular cell phones. In general have any of you folks found this to be an issue with BBs or PDAs?

i.breathe.in
08-03-2008, 05:23 PM
my bb has fine call quality. the only downside i notice for bbs is that since they have so many options and so much can be done with them they can get corrupted easily and can end up "bricked" just like when computers crash. bbs also take a lot longer to learn hacks for and to learn all the ins and outs of them for customization.

if you get one always perform a backup on your computer before installing new software.

again crackberry is thee best site for tutorials free software ringtones etc.

i wish i would have got the curve, i get text thumb easier on the small pearl, i dont think i would get it so much on the curve.

yoda57us
08-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Well, if I take the plunge I'll probably go with the headset as well...in for a penny...

rockie
08-03-2008, 06:18 PM
The cell quality sound is good. The key for me in going Blackberry Curve was the phone display allows these old eyes to see text in any situation. I don't think you'll have any regrets. Good Luck!

yoda57us
08-03-2008, 06:25 PM
The cell quality sound is good. The key for me in going Blackberry Curve was the phone display allows these old eyes to see text in any situation. I don't think you'll have any regrets. Good Luck!

LOL, thanks Rockie. Admittedly, the larger display is a plus for me as well....

yoda57us
08-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Ok...I just ordered one...I will be watching for the UPS truck...probably won't leave the house until it gets here...is this the beginning of the end???