PDA

View Full Version : New phone

FBR
08-05-2008, 04:31 PM
My contract will be up in the next few weeks. I am a Verizon subscriber. I am thinking about getting an LG Venus slider. One of my employees has one and I think the touchscreen is cool. My needs are pretty basic. I don't text much or check my email from my phone.

Does anyone have experience with this phone?

Thanks,

FBR

snow white
08-05-2008, 05:04 PM
:sigh: i wish my contract was up, i get nothing but crappy service with verizon.

i only looked at that phone briefly, because it was too basic for me (i went with a voyager ;D from which i am typing right now!). but if basic is what you need then maybe its a good match for you. you should go to one of the stores so you can preview the phone even if you plan on buying online.

and LG phones are made of fuckin steel or something lol. ive dropped mine on tile and concrete and have only 1 little cosmetic scratch, but the phone still works like a champ- including the touch screen. everyone ive talked to whos owned an LG swears by them. theyre nearly unbreakable lol.

i.breathe.in
08-05-2008, 05:40 PM
lgs are very good phones, i havent seen this one but the last well and have unique features.

hockeybobby
08-05-2008, 06:34 PM
I can add my voice to the LG fans. I don't have a cellphone at the moment, but the last two I had were LGs. I researched, and they were the best quality. They were simpler, but sturdier. I recommend them without reservation.
Sorry I can't tell you anything about the particular phone you are thinking of.

FBR
08-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the input :)

My company is a decent sized Verizon customer. I have our Verizon account representative coming in next week to show us all their available phones. I imagine I will be able to get a phone to try out.

FBR

Richard_Head
08-08-2008, 08:05 PM
I don't have a cellphone at the momentOh, so you're the one.

FBR
08-26-2008, 07:20 PM
I wound up getting an LG Dare. So far, I really like it.

FBR