PDA

View Full Version : StripperWeb v4.0

Pages : [1] 2

Pryce
08-05-2008, 10:15 PM
I've nicknamed StripperWeb v4.0 Commonwealth. Commonwealth literally means "the common well-being". That is what we aim to improve with this new StripperWeb. In the past, commonwealth has also been used to describe states or countries that closely work together. Like a traditional commonwealth, all of us will have to work together to help improve the site for the well-being...of well, all of us. :)

The planning work has been completed and you will soon begin to see changes. These changes are intended to begin repairing the technical and social foundation of StripperWeb. The coming changes will include:

Updated version of vBulletin with many new features
New forums and a reorganization of the current categories
New conditions to access various forums
Updated site rules

Again, this is foundational work; other improvements are scheduled to follow. After these goals are met, our next priority will be to launch the fundraiser to generate the funds necessary to repair the Club & Reviews system.

I know change can make some uncomfortable, however, know these changes are being made in direct response to your requests and to address the problems you identified. These changes are designed to make the site easier to use and to make it more socially comfortable. Let me briefly go over each of the coming changes.

Updated vBulletin.
Due to software dependencies, the version of vB that SW runs is outdated. The latest version includes technical improvements on both the front and back ends. This means better features for you and a more efficient SW for our server. Many social networking features have been added. Our current layout will be changed to match more closely the “off-the-shelf” version of vBulletin. This choice was make to decrease the amount of work it will take in the future to update and maintain SW. Once the new version arrives, we will start a thread to discuss how to use the new features - that thread will eventually be turned into a FAQ.

New forums and reorganization of current categories.
We will be adding forums to help conversation flow more smoothly. There are a number of thread topics that frequently reoccur in the lounge. It is at the point that enough topics deserve their own sections. We will be adding sections to accommodate these topics. Additionally, we'll be reorganizing the forums within categories to better highlight the focus of the forums.

New conditions to access various forums.
This change is probably the most significant in this first round of updates. We will be changing forum access based on membership type. Future newbies will have to prove themselves as contributors to the community before being allowed to post in off-topic areas. This should help reduce the number of posters who are not part of the industry. Dancers or dancer newbies will have to contribute in the Industry Related Forums or other key forums. Customers will have to contribute in Customer Conversation or at SCJ. Only after a user has contributed 50 posts (this number will likely fluctuate) in those areas will they be allowed to post in off-topic areas. This move helps ensure that our community remains focused on the industry, while allowing established members to kick off their shoes and have relaxing conversation. This change should help with trolls, SPAMers, and the many casual surfers we receive. We will also be making the on-topic stripping forums accessible to dancers and dancer-wannabes only. Other members may continue to contribute in other sections. Lastly, new members will not be able to send PMs until they have reached a certain post count (probably 25).

Updated rules.
Our rule list is currently hard to find and spread out over several sections. We have consolidated them into 10 straightforward rules. The updated guidelines will be posted after the updates are completed and will be made easy to locate. When they are released, they will popup on your screen with an “Agree” button. This is to ensure all members are familiar with them.

Feel free to post questions and comments below. Please keep them on topic. Thank you!

princessparis
08-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Could you please make it easier to donate money to SW? I know it's a weird question... but I've been wanting to help support the site for a while now and have been bumming that I have to wait for a fund raiser to help out :(

Anyways, I hope everything goes smoothly, it sounds like you have nice plans.... I may be newer here, but I totally support the changes you are thinking of making.... they sound good :)

Pryce
08-05-2008, 10:27 PM
That is one of the first steps we will be taking when we launch the fundraiser. :)

Thank you!

britt244
08-06-2008, 12:06 AM
i'm so excited that people will have to contribute to industry related sections before they can post off topic! ;D

Updated rules.
Our rule list is currently hard to find and spread out over several sections. We have consolidated them into 10 straightforward rules. The updated guidelines will be posted after the updates are completed and will be made easy to locate. When they are released, they will popup on your screen with an “Agree” button. This is to ensure all members are familiar with them.

but.. my only issue is this - i dont really read those things that have an agree button. i typically click agree and move on. :-\ maybe that's just me, but i'm just throwing that out there.

cinammonkisses
08-06-2008, 04:59 AM
Pryce, I love the new ideas you plan on implementing. I know my opinion may not mean much, but I personally think there are enough forums on this site. I don't think you need to include more.

New conditions to access various forums.
This change is probably the most significant in this first round of updates. We will be changing forum access based on membership type. Future newbies will have to prove themselves as contributors to the community before being allowed to post in off-topic areas. This should help reduce the number of posters who are not part of the industry. Dancers or dancer newbies will have to contribute in the Industry Related Forums or other key forums. Customers will have to contribute in Customer Conversation or at SCJ. Only after a user has contributed 50 posts (this number will likely fluctuate) in those areas will they be allowed to post in off-topic areas. This move helps ensure that our community remains focused on the industry, while allowing established members to kick off their shoes and have relaxing conversation. This change should help with trolls, SPAMers, and the many casual surfers we receive. We will also be making the on-topic stripping forums accessible to dancers and dancer-wannabes only. Other members may continue to contribute in other sections. Lastly, new members will not be able to send PMs until they have reached a certain post count (probably 25).

Like the Guinness beer commercials..This is GENIUS!! :drunk:

Jenny
08-06-2008, 05:10 AM
Like the Guinness beer commercials..This is GENIUS!! :drunk:
I like this rule too. It will also take care of the PM spammers we get.

loveandluxury
08-06-2008, 06:56 AM
The changes sound great. I like the idea of making people have a certain number of posts in industry related topics before posting in the off topic sections. I'm ready for a fundraiser too!

MissTaylor
08-06-2008, 08:25 AM
Thank you for the update.

anomar
08-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Looking forward to these implementations.

Mily
08-06-2008, 02:10 PM
^Ditto! Thanks Pryce! ;D

seraya
08-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the update Pryce... sounds good :)

IMO, the extra added forums is a good idea. For example; a forum for parenting related issues would be great.

i.breathe.in
08-06-2008, 08:33 PM
thanks for the update i like the new forum posting guidline idea to weed out newb postings in certain areas.

ColetteCalahan
08-07-2008, 07:07 AM
These changes sound great. Is there any projected date by which we can expect them? Because even if it is two months down the line, I know people are pretty interested in having some sort of tangible estimation of when they might see changes implemented...

MissTaylor
08-07-2008, 08:06 AM
These changes sound great. Is there any projected date by which we can expect them? Because even if it is two months down the line, I know people are pretty interested in having some sort of tangible estimation of when they might see changes implemented...

Thank you for bringing that up CC! I think if there is some sort of time line, it'll keep the troops from getting restless!

TheSexKitten
08-07-2008, 05:21 PM
So the one naysayer post was deleted? :-\

These changes sound pretty cool though. Thanks for the updates.

Perry
08-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Yay!! :D

StripperWeb
08-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Pryce would like everyone to know that we understand your desire for a delivery date. We know it can be frustrating to not know exactly when changes will be made - especially when you are excited for those changes. On our side, this update represents significant work performed by several different parties and will require coordinating their work. For that reason we want to make sure we have enough slack time to effectively combine their efforts and deliver as promised. It is Priority #1 right now and we expect the aforementioned changes to be fully implemented within the next two months.

Thanks!

Miss_Luscious
08-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Thanks! We appreciate being in the loop.

threlayer
08-16-2008, 09:59 AM
I don't see how the newbies can prove themselves by posting in industry-related areas (assumed from below) because, for one thing, they will not know what has already been covered extensively. Are you asking them to prove that they already know a lot about stripping, or just a certain demeanor by asking pertinent questions/posting responses to questions from others? Seems to me, in my ignorance of exactly what you mean, that they should post initially in NON-industry related areas. I'm not trying to be argumentive, but possibly help to head off big problems that may well emerge.

Another point I've noticed is that the dancers often do not want to go to the blue side to ask customers question, so they ask questions in Customer Conversation instead. Then of course there is the behavioral issues of so many closed threads/arguments in Stripping General, and many other aggressive-oriented people expressing their anger over some esoteric point that they do not even want to think about, ec.

Future newbies will have to prove themselves as contributors to the community before being allowed to post in off-topic areas. This should help reduce the number of posters who are not part of the industry.

daniella_maria
08-16-2008, 11:53 AM
sweet!

Mily
08-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the update, Tashia. ;D

threlayer
08-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Currently the guys are supposed to avoid posting in the industry-related areas except for Customer Conversation where we get to ask questions. I know that lot of dancers would rather that NO guys be allowed in here anyhow and that could even include the Lobby. In spite of that, if the new guys are allowed into SW 4.0 but initially have to go into industry-related areas, how is that going to work out?

Jenny
08-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Customers will have to contribute in Customer Conversation or at SCJ. Only after a user has contributed 50 posts (this number will likely fluctuate) in those areas will they be allowed to post in off-topic areas.

As well keep in mind that there will apparently be a further limitations of where guys can post at all soon.

FBR
08-16-2008, 04:05 PM
Currently the guys are supposed to avoid posting in the industry-related areas except for Customer Conversation where we get to ask questions. I know that lot of dancers would rather that NO guys be allowed in here anyhow and that could even include the Lobby. In spite of that, if the new guys are allowed into SW 4.0 but initially have to go into industry-related areas, how is that going to work out?

Customer Conversation is an industry related section for the guys. SCJ is also an industry related section for the guys. New guys can post in these industry related but customer oriented sections. Once they reach a certain post count and have shown themselves to be genuine contributors they will be able to post in whatever kick back non-industry sections Pryce creates. As Jenny noted there will likely be a number of industry only sections where customers will be forever forbidden to post.

Similarly, and if I understand the upcoming rules correctly, newbie dancer members will also have to endure a rite of passage ie: they will have to contribute to the industry sections for a while before they are allowed to post in the Lounge type casual sections.

FBR

threlayer
08-16-2008, 06:04 PM
FBR, I'm still wondering how newbies will be able to 'prove' themselves as contributors as in my first question.

cherry_sin
08-16-2008, 07:12 PM
^I don't think you have to know everything to contribute. There are at least ten threads in the lounge/customer convo where you can post something relevant without knowing anything, even if it's just a "what's your sign" or something thread.

Jenny
08-16-2008, 07:28 PM
FBR, I'm still wondering how newbies will be able to 'prove' themselves as contributors as in my first question.
They will have to show interest and make contributions as customers, in customer oriented forums before participating in "what's your sign" and "how much do you love tv" threads.

threlayer
08-16-2008, 08:37 PM
So it will be the Formal Forum of Judgement. I can't wait to see how that works out. If it is like the vulturistic behavior I see occassionally in Stripping General, you can forget it.

cherry_sin
08-16-2008, 09:08 PM
OH, I feel silly, I just misread what threlayer was saying; I thought he meant girls posting in SG before they knew enough to contribute; I was referencing the "dancer horoscope" thread in SG.

And I personally like our mods; I think they have a pretty good asshattery meter. I think a 50-post-then-mod-review would be great.

Jenny
08-16-2008, 10:07 PM
So it will be the Formal Forum of Judgement. I can't wait to see how that works out. If it is like the vulturistic behavior I see occassionally in Stripping General, you can forget it.
Before making statements like this and giving us your judgments on the new rules you might consider: what are these new rules for and who are they intended to serve?

Cherry - I don't think there is a formal (or an informal) mod review. I think it is just before one is able to post in off topic threads or send PMs - like in terms of access - one must have a few on topic posts - whether as a stripper or a customer or another industry professional in on topic areas. I think it will be a very particular kind of poster that will have difficulty with that. It's not a try out to see if we like you.

cherry_sin
08-17-2008, 07:19 AM
^I get it now. And I agree - this is brilliant to keep out certain poster types.

threlayer
08-17-2008, 09:39 AM
Before making statements like this and giving us your judgments on the new rules you might consider: what are these new rules for and who are they intended to serve?

I consider that rules should be fair to all, and that they should be realistically do-able. I always consider things; that's what I do in life. Even here, in light of the newbie doofuses and misanthrops, we still encounter newbies that are summarily thrown out by impatient aggressors for such things as asking common questions when the search tool is imperfect if you don't know terminology. Now that's certainly good for business.

At least I bring up questions that should be considered by others.

britt244
08-17-2008, 11:56 AM
^ the rules should be fair to the strippers, not "all" ::)

cherry_sin
08-17-2008, 04:49 PM
^Agreed wholeheartedly. And most girls who have searched but couldn't find note that in their post, I see it frequently.

threlayer
08-18-2008, 07:19 PM
^ the rules should be fair to the strippers, not "all" ::)

VERY WRONG! I hope this comment was in jest.

Rules should be fair to all. If rules are not fair to a segment, then that segment should not be allowed in. It's that "I'm better than you" attitude that has caused so much commotion, anger and abandonment on SW in recent weeks/months. If fairness isn't applied equitably, good-friggin-luck to SW.

Jenny
08-18-2008, 08:04 PM
VERY WRONG! I hope this comment was in jest.

Rules should be fair to all. If rules are not fair to a segment, then that segment should not be allowed in. It's that "I'm better than you" attitude that has caused so much commotion, anger and abandonment on SW in recent weeks/months. If fairness isn't applied equitably, good-friggin-luck to SW.
I would suggest that this is sort of a settled issue. The site is moving toward a certain mandate; the mandate privileges strippers, and the discussion of stripping between strippers and the new rules are going to reflect that. While a couple of posters here will likely not appreciate that, there is not a huge point in contesting it during every segment of change.

DarkMoon08
08-23-2008, 08:14 PM
I dig the new set up Pryce. I hope it works out.

VenusGoddess
08-31-2008, 04:52 PM
That is one of the first steps we will be taking when we launch the fundraiser. :)

Thank you!

Now that it's been a month...again...when is this fundraiser??

Miss_Luscious
09-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Now that it's been a month...again...when is this fundraiser??

Awwwwww....you're going to get in troublllllleeeee........You better stop asking those kinds of questions young lady!

I kid, I kid. But seriously - Can we get a rough estimate por favor?

Pryce
09-03-2008, 10:16 AM
The fundraiser will be launched after the changes mentioned in this thread are completed.

*Iris*
09-03-2008, 02:07 PM
So um, where are these changes? :-\ Or are they still on their way?

Pryce
09-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Pryce would like everyone to know that we understand your desire for a delivery date. We know it can be frustrating to not know exactly when changes will be made - especially when you are excited for those changes. On our side, this update represents significant work performed by several different parties and will require coordinating their work. For that reason we want to make sure we have enough slack time to effectively combine their efforts and deliver as promised. It is Priority #1 right now and we expect the aforementioned changes to be fully implemented within the next two months.

Thanks!

This quote contains an estimate.

Kylea2
09-19-2008, 01:11 AM
Personally my biggest concern is I would like to see access to the club reviews back up and operating.

cinammonkisses
09-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Personally my biggest concern is I would like to see access to the club reviews back up and operating.
When/If this site becomes a paid membership site, I think C&R should be the 1st section that should be accessable to paid members only.

Pryce
10-14-2008, 06:21 PM
The latest version of the forum is almost complete and we are looking for testers. We are looking for users with all levels of experience - from those who post daily to those who are posting for their first time. If you'd like to have a first look at the update and can help, please email [email protected] or PM StripperWeb (http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=15288). In your message let us know how frequently you use the site and for how long you have been a member.

Thank you!

CarlyMIA
10-16-2008, 01:00 AM
what's up with the "special and exclusive" groups that u have to be invited to? Why cant there be same info available to everyone at all times? Who gets to decide who will be in the group? I dont understand the point of it.

Pryce
10-16-2008, 07:32 PM
It is so we can test the software and ensure there are no bugs before we release it and update the entire site.

Lysondra
10-17-2008, 12:55 AM
It is so we can test the software and ensure there are no bugs before we release it and update the entire site.

She's talking about the Locker Room, I think.

CarlyMIA
10-17-2008, 05:03 AM
I guess its the locker room... So why can't everyone be part of this privileged group? Do u have to donate money or what?

Miss_Luscious
10-20-2008, 08:52 AM
No, the members are invited by other members. It's just supposed to be a place where this group of people can talk about...stuff. Supposedly, there is a good amount of shit talking about non-LR members but who knows or cares? I don't know when it started or who has access to the Locker Room or why we need a Locker Room. It's just a "Cool Kids" club for a certain group of people I guess.