PDA

View Full Version : Truth

Steve123
09-10-2008, 10:06 PM
So, I am curious. Is there some sort of rule that dancers live by that says they can't say ANY truth to a customer? I understand that the club is a fantasy, but if I say, "I'm fine" with you wanting my money and I am happy to give that money to you (within reason). Why do you have to continue to lie about everything related to you?

My ATF is always telling me that she wants a number to call me (but she doesn't have a phone) and that we should do dinner OTC (but she's really busy). I recognize these as part of "the hustle" and to be clear, I don't want to know her real name or where she lives or her phone number (and I have never asked for any of these things).

When I call her on the BS, she won't admit to it. For instance, she offers up "I don't have a home phone". I say, "Nobody who has a home doesn't have a phone" . She talks about needing 3000/ month to pay her bills (another sales ploy), but in there is no phone wrapped up in that 3000? Give me a break. I would love her to admit that she has a phone, but doesn't give it out or doesn't feel comfortable giving it to me (seeing as she brought it up in the first place she could have just remained silent about the matter)

I don't think she owes me the truth about her life, but come on. Can't we be honest about the relationship in the club (relationship in the loosest terms. meaning two people who communicate). Or at least tell better lies.

I suppose it might be fear of a customer stalking them that creates this wall, but maybe it is hatred of customers. I have lied to people I didn't think were on my level (when I was younger) and maybe that is the case here. I would hate to think that cuz you want to think if you tip well dress and smell ok. that you won't be hated, but who knows.

I look at stripclubs as the same as getting a massage or a haircut or a good dentist. I have certain people who give me a great haircut or whatever. I want to go back to them, but if they started telling me outlandish lies all the time. I am not gonna go back. In this case, the conversation and dances are good enough that I come back, but I come back less often now than before she started this nonsense.

I guess I am just wondering what motivates that kind of behavior for other dancers? Just curious.

Bob_Loblaw
09-10-2008, 10:18 PM
I guess I am just wondering what motivates that kind of behavior for other dancers? Just curious.
Probably because it works often enough. If absolutely no one bought SS, they'd stop using it.

JC2006
09-11-2008, 01:05 AM
If you don't like her lies, tell her to get lost. Strippers are replaceable.

KennedyWinters
09-11-2008, 02:02 AM
Well, I think the best answer I can give you is that some women want to be everything to everyone. You've already given her a lot of $$$, you know each other sort of well, and to HER- she thinks in your mind there is a natural progression in YOUR mind to OTC, phone calls, a real relationship etc. She thinks if she could give you the illusion of getting more that you'll continue to come back. I've made this same mistake before I think, with married men who would have been FINE with a lapdance and nothing more. I probably get a little offended that they've invested so much but really don't want anything more. She is probably uncomfortable with the idea of being only a good dancer for someone...She wants to think that everyone wants MORE of her, personal info and one on one time... no advice here just ruminating I guess :)

yoda57us
09-11-2008, 04:26 AM
Not every customer shares the same approach that you do. Many guys DO want a gal's phone number so that they can call or text her constantly. Many guys DO respond to the "let's get together OTC" lines. BTW, believe it or not, some people don't have a phone in their house.

If you are going to judge strippers based on the fact that they lie to customers about certain aspects of their lives you are going to have a really tough time finding a gal who measures up to your standards of acceptable behavior.

Understand that she wants your money, as long as you are spending on this gal what ever approach she is using is working.

xdamage
09-11-2008, 05:23 AM
Probably because it works often enough. If absolutely no one bought SS, they'd stop using it.

This is the way I look at it too.

--

OP - even if does turn you off personally, it probably works on the majority of customers. Besides she is probably just running on auto-pilot. Going through her standard routine and not giving it any more thought than that.

whitelight97402
09-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Well, I think the best answer I can give you is that some women want to be everything to everyone. You've already given her a lot of $$$, you know each other sort of well, and to HER- she thinks in your mind there is a natural progression in YOUR mind to OTC, phone calls, a real relationship etc. She thinks if she could give you the illusion of getting more that you'll continue to come back. I've made this same mistake before I think, with married men who would have been FINE with a lapdance and nothing more. I probably get a little offended that they've invested so much but really don't want anything more. She is probably uncomfortable with the idea of being only a good dancer for someone...She wants to think that everyone wants MORE of her, personal info and one on one time... no advice here just ruminating I guess

Hey thanks for that explanation, I have wondered (and been annoyed) by the same thing as STEVE123, it didn't make sense to me why dancers feel the need to go on these rambling lies or suggest OTC when you aren't even spending that much or expressing that much of an interest.

I was talking to a Strip Club Junkie buddy and asking him why this particular dancer whom we both know is always playing these games, turns out she has done the same SS with him, lol. She is smoking hot, but she isn't my 'type', she is fun to talk to and look at, but I don't want to date her and we realized the thing which her SS does accomplish is that it gets you thinking about her when otherwise you wouldn't.

Also, Thank-you Kennedy! That makes sense, lol, and obvious, this dancer thinks because I think she is hot that I automatically want to date her. Next time I see her, I am telling her that while I do dig her, I am content and happy to see her at the club, I love tipping her stage and buying the occasional drink, it is perfect and it is such a turn-off when she launches into SS, because it shows a lack of respect.

bem401
09-11-2008, 12:09 PM
it is such a turn-off when she launches into SS, because it shows a lack of respect.

In that case, if you think you're being disrespected and played for a fool, its time to move on IMO.