PDA

View Full Version : How Much Sex is Enough?

threlayer
11-07-2008, 09:27 PM
The answer: 200 times a year. I better get busy....

Dr. Mehmet Oz, Oprah Winfrey's favorite physician, gave a fun health quiz on a recent "Oprah" show to help people determine their health IQ. How often should you have sex? The multiple choice options: once a week, twice a week, 10 times a month, 200 times a year.

"If you have more than 200 orgasms a year, you can reduce your physiologic age by six years," Dr. Oz says, basing this number on a study from researchers at Duke University who surveyed people about the amount and quality of sex they had. "They looked at what happened to folks that are having a lot of intercourse over time, and the fact is, it correlated." Frequent sex helps prove that your body is functioning as it is supposed to. "But in addition, having sex with someone that you care for deeply is one of the ways we achieve that Zen experience that we all crave as human beings," says Dr. Oz. "It's really a spiritual event for folks when they're with someone they love and they can consummate it with sexual activity...seems to offer some survival benefit."

JoeUnCool
11-15-2008, 04:47 PM
The answer: 200 times a year. I better get busy....

Dr. Mehmet Oz, Oprah Winfrey's favorite physician, gave a fun health quiz on a recent "Oprah" show to help people determine their health IQ. How often should you have sex? The multiple choice options: once a week, twice a week, 10 times a month, 200 times a year.

"If you have more than 200 orgasms a year, you can reduce your physiologic age by six years," Dr. Oz says, basing this number on a study from researchers at Duke University who surveyed people about the amount and quality of sex they had. "They looked at what happened to folks that are having a lot of intercourse over time, and the fact is, it correlated." Frequent sex helps prove that your body is functioning as it is supposed to. "But in addition, having sex with someone that you care for deeply is one of the ways we achieve that Zen experience that we all crave as human beings," says Dr. Oz. "It's really a spiritual event for folks when they're with someone they love and they can consummate it with sexual activity...seems to offer some survival benefit."

This has to be the absolute stupidest question and post. You can never have too much sex. End of story.}:D

Meleania
01-10-2009, 10:52 PM
twice a day keeps me happy

AkashaM
01-27-2009, 02:21 AM
Whenever I can get it, lol.

yoda57us
01-28-2009, 02:39 PM
LOL, I 'd be happy with twice a month at this point....

and no, that wouldn't be enough, but it would be a start!

threlayer
02-10-2009, 08:36 AM
The OP was about how much is enough for to engage something for our health. We all want as much pleasure, of whatever type, as practical. This wasn't about any limit.

I think some people should read posts more carefully.

threlayer
05-01-2009, 02:27 PM
It's possible to have too much, like an addiction when it interferes with other parts of your life. Of course you have to judge that, or maybe close friends.

Paris
05-01-2009, 03:42 PM
So, if you are physically incapable of having orgasms that often due to long refractory periods, does that mean you are unhealthy? Does that number apply to both men and women? How about folks with a low libido?

The number seems arbitrary and designed to make people feel like they are abnormal.

threlayer
05-03-2009, 05:39 PM
I think Oz means that it helps men to have a lot of sex. I have no idea just how they arrived at that number. I think most men have a lot less. If that is related to older men having prostate problems, I'll have to leave that up to the docs. That is what the article deals with.

Also generally more sex with a trusted partner develops closer bonds and reduces the chance of separation. I assume that is a good thing.

Seems odd that, with all the people that want a lot more of it, many of us just don't get nearly enough. What can we do about that?

*~Angel~*
05-03-2009, 05:46 PM
365+, several times a day would b enough to satisfy me, but at least once a day, or i get cranky...lol

lestat1
05-26-2009, 08:32 PM
So it's not .2?

I knew I was off by a standard deviation or seven.

NaughtyBebe
06-20-2009, 08:30 PM
I like sex daily except when I'm not feeling well. Most guys like it once a day too, yes??

yoda57us
06-20-2009, 08:51 PM
I like sex daily except when I'm not feeling well. Most guys like it once a day too, yes??

Yes, this is correct....

jack0177057
07-23-2009, 11:50 AM
It's possible to have too much, like an addiction when it interferes with other parts of your life. Of course you have to judge that, or maybe close friends.

The problem is compatibility... If both persons have the same level of sex drive (and that level is a constant), "too much" or "too little" is not a problem... But, often, one person has a very high sex drive and the other has a medium or low sex drive and rejects many of the sexual advances of the first (or has sex just to oblige the first person). I know, from personal experience, that sex drive incompatibility is a HUGE problem in a relationship, leading to rejection, resentment, insecurity, guilt, and all kinds of messed up feelings.

jack0177057
07-23-2009, 11:52 AM

I like it twice a day and maybe 3 or 4 times a day when I'm not feeling well (sex gets rid of migraines and boosts up the immune system).

safado
07-24-2009, 02:20 PM

I like it twice a day but with different women, I need variety.

lopaw
07-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Once every day or two works for me.

mediocrity
07-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Once a day is ideal. I'd go for more though. I once did it 11 times in 24hrs. Haha.

stressed
07-25-2009, 08:29 PM
^^^^^ok you are officially my sw crush^^^^^

:bedtime:

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

jack0177057
07-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Once a day is ideal. I'd go for more though. I once did it 11 times in 24hrs. Haha.

Very impressive... How did you avoid soreness?... The girl I'm with now gets very sore by the 4th consecutive time...

threlayer
08-07-2009, 06:11 AM
Well, there is that tongue....

Kisca
06-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Holy shit really more than 2+ a day?
I'd be fucking lifeless. My boyfriend can have sex ones a day and then he's tired but gets hard :S

Im fine 3-5 times a week, depending on my stress, school, work and other things that I have to do.

mediocrity
06-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Very impressive... How did you avoid soreness?... The girl I'm with now gets very sore by the 4th consecutive time...

Well, almost a year later...

Not every single time is rough, slammin' stuff around. And it wasn't consecutive I suppose- there was an hour or two break in between.

Sex drive still the same though. After two days I get pissy. But the only reason we go that long is work schedule conflicts and the like. Otherwise I'm fairly certain I'd never be allowed to get dressed.

princessjas
06-26-2010, 04:48 PM
I'd be happy with a couple of times a day. In my ideal world though, I'd go maybe 6-7 times a day.

DancingDaisy
06-26-2010, 06:55 PM
When u have someone that you really connect with in bed...its never enough! :)

fuzzz
06-26-2010, 08:14 PM
"how long can you go between sessions" might have been a better title for this thread. :P

pixierocksonthepole
06-26-2010, 09:09 PM
My husband and I both have high sex drives. In our current situation living with others mine is at an all time low and his is still pretty high. But when we are on our own, mine is even higher than his. I remember one day we had sex 7 times in a matter of 5 hours, all before I went into work one night. That much is normal and common for us. I literally found the one, we keep up with each other and our bond is something I have never felt before. I'm going to keep tally soon and see if we hit that mark before or after a year is up. Lol could be interesting.

mediocrity
07-03-2010, 10:56 PM
My husband and I both have high sex drives. In our current situation living with others mine is at an all time low and his is still pretty high. But when we are on our own, mine is even higher than his. I remember one day we had sex 7 times in a matter of 5 hours, all before I went into work one night. That much is normal and common for us. I literally found the one, we keep up with each other and our bond is something I have never felt before. I'm going to keep tally soon and see if we hit that mark before or after a year is up. Lol could be interesting.

You and me both homegirl. Our bond is crazy. Nice isn't it?

pixierocksonthepole
07-04-2010, 03:04 AM
You and me both homegirl. Our bond is crazy. Nice isn't it?

It's purely blissful.;D

KS_Stevia
07-06-2010, 01:29 PM
"If you have more than 200 orgasms a year, you can reduce your physiologic age by six years," "

Oh shit, I'm an embryo or something. I have waaaaaaaay more than 200 a year. Not all of them occur during any kind of sexual activity with partner though.

As for sex with partner, I'm kind of in a low sex drive phase at the moment. Work is my primary focus right now. Plus I've been with the same guy for ages and he's not willing to try when I want to have sex and he's not in the mood. So I've stopped being a sport and complying when he wants sex if I'm not in the mood. Hence, sometimes we have sex several times in a weekend, sometimes we go 2 weeks without it at all. He only has weekend privileges with me right now.

Frequent sexual intercourse is not big deal, but there is no doubt I have sex more than 200 times a year no matter what. Frequent orgasms are vital, they just don't have to involve anyone else.

jamsaugustine
05-07-2012, 11:55 AM
They are right that If you are connect with woman in bad that time you never take decision stop sex or enough. That time more and more interest sex does not think about any limit of sex. I think you are sex at four or five time in one night because in a sex duration man are used more Calvary.

IsobelWren
05-07-2012, 12:06 PM
LOL, talk about resurrecting a zombie thread.

SkylerScarlett
11-27-2014, 07:39 AM
There is no such thing as too much sex.. I repeat NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SEX!