PDA

View Full Version : Songs NOT to listen to at work when you are drinking and miss your ex

tempest666
01-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Cinderella "Don't Know what you got til its gone" Pink Floyd "Wish you were here" are my top contenders right now

Britney_B
01-11-2009, 07:43 AM
What about ''Picture'' by Kid Rock/Sheryl Crow

sugarxoxo
01-12-2009, 05:27 AM
heartbreaker by will.i.am :(

SpeakngEZ
01-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Nickelback's Wanna be a Rock Star. But my last bf was a serious guitar enthusiasist. I would sit in the back smoke room and try not to cry.

In general, though, Perfect Circle's Passive.

ScarletPhoenix
01-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Sleeping with Ghosts by Placebo

Djoser
01-16-2009, 04:06 PM
What about ''Picture'' by Kid Rock/Sheryl Crow

Haha, I just pulled out some pictures I had 'put away' of my last serious ex over the holidays. She looked very good in them, to say the least. No wonder it took me so long to see the light and end it--though to be fair it was a matter of time before she did it herself. Some things are just not meant to be, or maybe shouldn't be for more than a year or so.

;D

For a while I had a hard time playing a couple songs, but that was because she was trying to fuck with my head by posting about them, lol!

There was one in particular. I forget which fucking song it was now, but one dancer kept demanding I play it, and had no sympathy whatsoever that the song made me want to punch holes in the wall.

My advice, don't ever let a man or woman ruin any song for you, or get you down when you hear them. But of course we are all human, it happens.

Jezzebelle
03-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Strange and Beautiful by Aqualung.

Typical timing, someone chose to use this for her stage set THE SAME WEEK I split with the ex, she has never used it before, and it was our song. I had to hide out in DR till it was over.

pixierocksonthepole
03-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Over and Over Again by Nelly feat. Tim McGraw

but i still love that song lol has no meaning to my ex but it is a sad love song.

TTiger
03-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Steelheart : she's gone.
a girls was dancing on his song at the club i work while i was in love sadness, whoa that was kinda rough!

alice_island
03-15-2009, 12:48 AM
sister machine gun- admit

vmurphy252
03-15-2009, 01:16 AM
Most early Nine Inch Nails?

knp001
03-15-2009, 01:25 AM
awww, tempest I hope you're ok :hug:
ummm my vote is for "nothing ever hurt like you" by james morrison. goddamn. or anything by ray lamontagne (not that I've danced to him, but it's sad). or oh fuck, "little tornado" by aimee mann (but that's just in general if you're feeling down)

alice_island
03-30-2009, 12:17 AM
cyndi lauper- when you were mine

blueyeztiff
03-31-2009, 11:50 AM
Aerosmith - What It Takes
Ozzy - Goodbye To Romance
Rascall Flatts - What Hurts The Most
Garth Brooks - The Dance

Actually was working one night shortly after my ex died and a coworker for some reason decided to dance to the last two songs, fucked my whole night up.....

amandelicious
04-13-2009, 11:58 PM
better man by pearl jam

cause he was the one there when my marriage fell apart, and I had to leave to find myself. But he still pops up once in awhile and finds a way to tell me he still loves me...

fortune33
04-14-2009, 12:14 AM
awww, tempest I hope you're ok :hug:
ummm my vote is for "nothing ever hurt like you" by james morrison. goddamn. or anything by ray lamontagne (not that I've danced to him, but it's sad). or oh fuck, "little tornado" by aimee mann (but that's just in general if you're feeling down)

Anything Ray LaMontagne makes me think of my man :( Er, my, not-anymore-man. We listened to him on the very first night I slept over, he's one of my favorite artists and now I can't even hear his music without wanting to cry! Little shit...

Thankfully, Ray LaMontagne isnt stripclub material. Haaa