PDA

View Full Version : Site updated - new social group, pm, priviacy features, and more!

Pryce
01-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Just completed a new update.

Social groups are better supported now. Social groups are basically mini-forums that members can create and moderate themselves. This was the original intent of Members Boards, so please note that forum will be closing shortly. I encourage those that use it to create topic based Social Groups to continue discussions. Social Groups can be made public or private. Please note that Social Groups are still subject to our site rules.

A sample can be seen at: http://forum.stripperweb.com/group.php?groupid=1

More information about social groups can be read at: http://forum.stripperweb.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_social_groups

Private messaging also got an update. Quick reply has been added. Reporting a PM has been moved, but better integrated on the administration side of things. PMs can be sorted and filtered now by different fields.

Privacy options have been added to your profile as well. You can now select who may see information about you: Everyone, Registered Members, Contacts, or only Friends. You can set permissions for your: Profile Picture, Visitor Messages, Contact Info, Albums, About Me, Friends, Recent Visitors, Group Memberships.

There are also a bunch other small cosmetic and usability changes made throughout the site.

As always, if you run into trouble with something, please let us know either in this thread or in site issues!

Thanks and enjoy!

ArmySGT.
01-13-2009, 12:34 PM
If I create a new Group any chance an Admin could move a few threads to it from Members?

Pryce
01-13-2009, 01:00 PM
I would be happy to except it isn't currently a supported feature. Sucks, I know. I'm on the look out for an addition that will make it possible.

threlayer
01-14-2009, 12:13 AM
Just completed a new update.

Social groups are better supported now. Social groups are basically mini-forums that members can create and moderate themselves. This was the original intent of Members Boards, so please note that forum will be closing shortly....

Does this mean that threads in Member Boards will be deleted, or will remain, but the board just becomes un-postable like the old Political Poo?

Pryce
01-14-2009, 09:51 AM
The board itself will be replaced with a link to social groups. The posts will be gone. I will save them privately in the case that a converter is created. Political Poo will also be removed. Spring cleaning.

machine
04-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Got it. Appreciate your information! Could you tell me where you learned about this ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
My friend recommended a to me, who can tell me the detail about it?