PDA

View Full Version : How many strippers can do the splits?

Lucifer911
01-14-2009, 12:25 AM
just curious
as a percentage how many can do them 3 ways?

minxcore
01-14-2009, 01:24 AM
Not me. Holy crap, I wish.

millions_of_peaches
01-14-2009, 01:34 AM
I can, but it always f*s up my hip!

brandys
01-14-2009, 02:27 AM
I couldn't if my life depended on it.

firemaiden04
01-14-2009, 02:33 AM
Lol, I wish I could. I HAVE gotten a lot closer to being able to do them than I was when I started stripping, but it still takes some work.

questella
01-14-2009, 03:10 AM
i can fall into them from the top of the pole, it took a while but it's awesome, it's just something that takes a lot of work and determination

Stripper Hacks
01-14-2009, 11:01 AM
I can do scissor and front splits. Front splits took some work!

What is the third way?

Paris
01-14-2009, 11:54 AM
A lot of flexibility has to do with genetics. It is possible that bone structure will prevent a person from being able to do the splits in any or all directions.

Some flexibility can be learned, through practice and exercise, but how flexible you are has more to do with who your parents are. I worked with a girl that was literally a contortionist. She could lay with her back on a weight bench and with her legs straight, pull her legs into a V shape and then push them all the way down to the floor (yes, backwards). Not coincidentally, her mom was a professional circus contortionist.

She sort of did this move, only lying down and with both legs out to the sides:
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/01_03/035snakegirl1DM_468x630.jpg

Kylea2
01-14-2009, 06:51 PM
I can, but I have to start in one position and rotate through them. My left leg is far more flexible and I know I would hurt myself going into them any other way.

MysteriousMisty
01-15-2009, 04:29 AM
A lot of flexibility has to do with genetics. It is possible that bone structure will prevent a person from being able to do the splits in any or all directions.

Some flexibility can be learned, through practice and exercise, but how flexible you are has more to do with who your parents are. I worked with a girl that was literally a contortionist. She could lay with her back on a weight bench and with her legs straight, pull her legs into a V shape and then push them all the way down to the floor (yes, backwards). Not coincidentally, her mom was a professional circus contortionist.

Very interesting. I've never thought about it. I was actually under the impression that just about everyone and her sister could do the splits because I've seen it done by so many girls at every club I've ever worked at. I'll start paying attention to how many can do the splits 3 different ways.

thelovelylenee
01-15-2009, 05:45 AM
can only do them front ways...

exotica268
01-15-2009, 11:38 AM
I can do them 3 ways, but then again, I was a dancer for around 15 years. Asians also tend to be more flexible, too.

MissMynxx
01-15-2009, 02:56 PM
I can do them, but I'm a ballerina. lol

It's actually less impressive to people than I thought it would be...

ScarletPhoenix
01-16-2009, 02:19 PM
I can do them all three ways! Frontways took the most work to achieve. I stretch on a regular basis. Flexibility is a big part of my stage show.

iambonbon05
01-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Left only, and that took a lot of work for me. I am not naturally flexible at all.

holly07
01-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Should've have made a regular poll, but yes I can do them as well. It always amazes men and gets tips, even when their being cheap

Rockell
01-16-2009, 08:09 PM
I was a ballerina for many years, and when I first started dancing I could do all the splits. I stopped putting that much effort into my stage dancing about 4 years ago, so I stopped doing splits, and would probably hurt myself pretty badly if I attempted to try and do one now.

XxAmber89xX
01-16-2009, 09:36 PM
scizzors left and right, but fronts i can barely do and if i do, my left hip hurts afterwards...

Lucifer911
01-17-2009, 12:36 AM
This should help..

have fun
xox

Kylea2
01-17-2009, 01:04 AM
This should help..

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=pVq9nL_tLbo

have fun
xox

^^ Awesome post! I love the end where it says "Over time, not over night"... because I got my splits literally over night! It took something like 6 hours of warming up and stretching for me to be able to do the splits, but ever since I've been able to do them!

Lucifer911
01-18-2009, 02:02 AM
thx Kylea :)

it is always best to aim for splits over time instead of overnight. I remember one time I got overconfident with my left leg splits and felt something pull in my hamstring. I tore one of my main hamstring muscles and I wasn't able to stretch completely for a good 3 months after that.

As fun as it is trying to do splits overnight the negatives outweigh the positives! unless you only have 2-3 days to live... in which case get 2 ropes - attach them to each leg - and do the karate kid thing and get people to pull on the ropes from opposite directions as hard as possible so you are forced into it LOL...

My favorite trick is to use markers and use them as your measuring points of success while doing your straddle stretches. You can have a marker for each foot.. then you can have another marker right infront of you to see how far you can stretch your arms while in straddle.

1) Get in a basic straddle position (v sit) legs straight, knees aimed at the ceiling, toes pointed for etiquette then you can 2 markers you use to determine the width between your legs. Each night you can focus on improving the width of your straddle. As you get better with your straddle you will be able to lay completely flat with your chest on the floor while in straddle. You can also do this against the wall for stability..

2) Focus on leaning towards your left leg for 5 minutes then switch and do right leg for another 5 minutes while in your straddle. This will improve right and left leg flexibility which will help you do left and right leg splits

3) A wide straddle will help you do the middle splits - middle splits is the most difficult split to do besides oversplits. A good stretch which is essential for middle splits is the frog stretch. This is where you sit down on the floor with your legs crossed. Now make your feet kiss each other and as you do this your knees will come up quite high and you will feel a major stretch through the glut area.

4) While in your frog position - push your knees down to the floor while keeping your feet kissing each other. If you can get your knees flat on the floor you are 75% of the way to success. The other 25% you will need to stretch those straddles.

I coached gymnastics for 3 years so if you have any other questions ask away. Strippers can do the splits automatically get bonus points regardless of how the look. I always gave the most flexible dancers the most tips in the clubs... its sexy and it takes dedication to do it.

Plus flexibility is a characteristic of youthfulness regardless of your age.

Let me know of your progress - I'll upload a pic of me doing them soon :)

It Girl
01-18-2009, 08:26 PM
i can do them left and right but not front pretty much given up on the front it just hurts too much...

Farrah_Holiday
01-19-2009, 01:37 PM
I can do the splits 2 ways, still trying to master the Chinese splits !

MyButter
01-21-2009, 04:48 AM
I can do them 3 ways.... that's kindof how I move around the stage (while on the floor).

vonniestarrr
01-25-2009, 07:01 AM
i can only do 'em with my right leg in front

cinammonkisses
01-25-2009, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the link. I've added it to my favorites. I've only ever been able to do the side splits.

threlayer
01-31-2009, 10:08 PM
I can do a split transaction, as in bookkeeping. With the debit-credit "T" no less.

Does that (ahem) count?

missallison
02-01-2009, 08:59 AM
I can!
I can even elevate a leg and do an over-split on my right.
I show off my back flexibility more though.

Yay, missminxxx! I use to dance and teach ballet. I loved it, but stripping is a hell of a lot more fun:)

Stretching tip:
When you practice your splits on the right and left bend your back leg and grab you're foot. Make sure that the back leg/knee is flat on the floor instead of turned out. This is a really good, deep stretch... you have to be fairly close to do it though, but you don't have to be completely flat yet... and it will get you there fast.

Jezzebelle
02-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Scissors both sides easy, left feels better than right though. Im working on front splits but knee ligaments wont play ball. :(

Victoryx0x0
02-02-2009, 08:57 PM
front ways only 4 me!!

lexi2008
02-04-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm glad this thread went up ... I was just going to start stretching and trying to be able to do the splits. Haven't done them since I was little ... eek ...

Ruby Ruckus
02-04-2009, 08:57 PM
i have never in my life been capable of the splits. i can get relatively close though.

sexilexi
02-10-2009, 12:08 AM
I can, even rotate from left right middle. Then again I've been able to do that since I was 8 =)

Rian Winters
02-10-2009, 02:52 AM
Ive been stretching and trying to learn the splits for almost two years now. Ive gained alot more flexibility than when I started, but I still cant do a split in any direction. The video was super helpful, and showed me a few stretches I havent used yet, so maybe there is still hope. I think I may not have the genetics for it, but stretching out always feels good anyways so I will probably continue to do it.

Lucifer911
02-10-2009, 03:46 AM
Ive been stretching and trying to learn the splits for almost two years now. Ive gained alot more flexibility than when I started, but I still cant do a split in any direction. The video was super helpful, and showed me a few stretches I havent used yet, so maybe there is still hope. I think I may not have the genetics for it, but stretching out always feels good anyways so I will probably continue to do it.

if you followed my program which consists of 2x 30 minute stretch sessions per day I think you will have your first split in 8 weeks. Perhaps 20 weeks or even less for your middle splits.

*Genetics will allow most people to do splits in any direction
*Being able to step outside comfort zomes will prevent most people from getting remotely close to middle splits.

PM me if you are interested in a stretch program.

I can email it to you.. if you stretched under my presence for a period of time you will easilly pull it off. Otherwise I'll constantly berate you because splits is much easier for women to do :)

mediocrity
02-10-2009, 03:53 AM
i have never in my life been capable of the splits. i can get relatively close though.

Lucky. I can get about 18in off the ground. Never in my life been flexible, and admittedly, I am too lazy to stretch.

Lucifer911
02-10-2009, 04:00 AM
Lucky. I can get about 18in off the ground. Never in my life been flexible, and admittedly, I am too lazy to stretch.

lol... I can promise you it will pay dividends during your stage shows (especially pole dancing) and private dances

let me know if you want my stretch program
adios

Raphaelle
02-10-2009, 04:09 AM
I have always been so jealous of girls who could do splits. I been in ballet (20 years), jazz and gymnastics and I've never even come close. Is it possible that some people just aren't capable? I have no flexibility in my hip flexors and I think that's 90% my problem. I wonder if there's any kind of surgery that could increase flexibility?

Lucifer911
02-10-2009, 04:43 AM
I would say thats 99% of your problem Raph - the other 1% of your problem could be issues with comfort zones.

If you were to stretch hamstrings only for 10 years... without the hip flexibility you would not pull off the splits. Especially the middles.. your hip flexibility gets put to the test about 2 inches from the middle splits.

Have you looked at the video I posted? you need to work on your hip flexor stretches if you ever want to pull off the splits.

Frog stretches, straddles with chest on ground if possible or aiming to get chest on ground, lunges while pulling your back leg up to stretch up hips.

hawt
02-10-2009, 05:29 PM
I can. :)
I've been doing them since I was four, though.

pixierocksonthepole
02-10-2009, 07:50 PM
I can ^_^

Raphaelle
02-11-2009, 07:15 AM
The problem with the middle splits is that I can't sit up straight in the straddle position (My back is rounded and I can't straighten it). I've been workin on that for awhile. I'll keep stretching my hamstrings even though I'm always afraid that I'm going to pull one of them.

mediocrity
02-11-2009, 09:10 AM
lol... I can promise you it will pay dividends during your stage shows (especially pole dancing) and private dances

let me know if you want my stretch program
adios

I would, but I don't work in a stage-oriented club and quit pole dancing about a year and a half ago.:)

...I can't fathom how one could incorporate the splits into a private dance? Enlighten me.

Kaelyria
03-13-2009, 03:28 PM
The first time I managed a full split I sprained my left hamstring. Since I recovered from that I've done a lot of stretching and training and can now do a split (left ways) only. I'm afraid to try any other directions, the pulled hamstring thing was painful for far too long.

~K