PDA

View Full Version : Leftie or Rightie? dare i say Ambi?....

missmays1983
01-25-2009, 05:44 PM
i was bored and curious...let's take a poll...how many SWers are right-handed, left-handed, or ambidextrious...

i am a lefty...

i don't know that many other lefties, so i get excited when i found out someone is left-handed...yes i am a nerd. ;-)

missmays1983
01-25-2009, 07:23 PM
everyone who answers gets a lapdance! LOL

yes i am that bored.

firekitten19
01-26-2009, 06:39 AM
Yay! I also get excited when I see a fellow lefty. Where is my lapdance. LOL^_^

Meleania
01-26-2009, 06:42 AM
righty ^.^ i thought all lefties were ambidextrous cuz they have to learn how to use all our right handed stuff..or something

short skirts
01-26-2009, 08:57 AM
I was right-handed until an accident which left my right arm paralyzed from elbow down, then I had to learn to use left hand. I got 75% feeling back so now I'm ambidextrous.

missmays1983
01-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Yay! I also get excited when I see a fellow lefty. Where is my lapdance. LOL^_^

teeheehee coming right up! all the lefties get a 2 for 1!!!!! ;-)

Moon Sprite
01-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Left and Proud!!!!!!

Phil-W
01-28-2009, 12:17 PM
Left handed.

Although interestingly, right-handed in some things. When I used to play guitar, I played it right handed. That's because the guy that taught me was was right handed, and neither he nor I realized I should have learned to play left handed.

Similarly, I use a knife and fork the same as a right handed person - and for the same reason. My parents taught me to use them right handed.

I believe 10% of the population is left handed and 90% right.

Interestingly, the Latin for left and right handed is 'sinister' and 'dexter'.

Phil.

ArmySGT.
01-28-2009, 05:19 PM
I did it for the Lapdance.

Harlow
01-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Miss Mays, I want my lap dance. I'm a rightie. But did you notice our new president is a leftie. Pretty cool,eh? Cheers, Harlow

missmays1983
01-28-2009, 09:24 PM
^^^looks like im rackin' up a lapdance debt here...i better pay up!

fun facts about lefties...(that may or may not be true, but i read them in reader's digest when i was 10...)

-lefties are more likely to have speech impediments when they are younger....and become alcoholics when they are younger....

anyone else got any fun facts about lefites or righties? post 'em!

Phil-W
01-28-2009, 10:12 PM
anyone else got any fun facts about lefties or righties? post 'em!

Well, not strictly about being left handed or right handed, but in the great majority of men, the left testicle hangs lower than the right.

Phil. }:D

lola85
01-29-2009, 06:03 PM
lefty!

missmays1983
01-30-2009, 11:51 PM
take the poll dammit!

i know there is more than 23 people here...

and if you would rather answer the poll in reference to which foot you use the most, go for it...LOL!

i can actually pick things up with my feet...it's, er, quite handy...HA im on a freakin' roll!

Lemonz
02-28-2009, 06:49 AM
Lefty! ;)

I also read somewhere that lefties are more intelligent, but that righties have better memories. Dunno about all that, though...

northy
03-23-2009, 03:30 AM
Lefties Rule

goldengrl69
04-18-2009, 09:06 AM
Im a right ambi. I play all sports with my left hand,eat,braid hair and drive like a lefty.

Sorta like Phil-W, just the opposite.

subwoofer
04-20-2009, 03:57 AM
Lefty all the way.

Supposedly, 10 percent of the general population are LH's, but according to this survey so far, 26 percent of SW's are LH. With the stereotypes of LH's (creative, free thinking, scatterbrained, more liberal than RH's in general) it's no surprise that the percentage of SW LH's are higher than the population in general.

sexy_celeste
04-20-2009, 07:34 AM
Im a right ambi. I play all sports with my left hand,eat,braid hair and drive like a lefty.

Sorta like Phil-W, just the opposite.

Me too. Im predominantly lefty, but write with my right.
I draw and paint equally left and right

goldengrl69
05-03-2009, 11:08 PM
I even drive with my left foot out the window heehee

LuckyOne
05-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Righty. I have all the rightie qualities too. Organized, logical and task-oriented. I didn't get to vote because the poll was closed.

A_Guy
05-04-2009, 02:11 PM
WOW... a lot of lefties here.

I am completely/totally/absolutely right handed (and right footed for that matter). Frankly, I'm worried that the left side of my body will shrivel up and atrophy if I don't start using my left hand to brush my teeth more often. Hell, the last time I tried that I poked myself in the eye! :O

goldengrl69
05-06-2009, 06:37 AM
ouch!

Slim143
05-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Leftie!!! :)

Happycat
10-04-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm ambi. Right right-handed naturally, but CAN write lefty(somewhat more sloppily) if I need to (say my right hand's full and need to sign a receipt or something). Most other tasks use a specific side naturally, but I am capable of using the other if need be.

- I kick/throw/bowl more accurately with left hand even though I used to primarily use my right (was enforced in my school that way, assholes).
- Count money more precisely with left, but I have slightly better coordination with my right (poking things, putting things together).
- Space bar with left hand, usually shift with left. Mouse with right just because that's the standard set-up. I'm sure I could easily pick up lefty-mouse if it became necessary but it's never come up.
- While I can write with both hands, I can only draw with right.
- With dancing, I can swirl my hips counter-clockwise fine, but clockwise not so much.
- When I start walking I always seem to start right-foot, same with ascending stairs.
- While eating I don't bother switching hands to cut with knife, as I can do both. Every now and then I do have to think about this, tho.

I'm sure there's more but that's basically how it works for me.

kygergrl
10-18-2009, 02:47 AM
In most cases I do things right handed unless multi tasking. But at work I do stuff on the pole left handed, which is annoying the hell out of the girl thats helping me learn. So technically I guess I'm ambidextrious

stripperMBA
09-26-2011, 10:51 PM
I can do everything with my left hand but write. dysgraphia makes writing with my right difficult too though. but otherwise i use both evenly

Zinya
09-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Much less than one percent of the population is truly ambidextrous. I meet alot of people who think they're ambidextrous only to come to find they're clearly either right or left handed or mixed handed, they just use their opposite than righting hand quite well. An extremely small percentage of the population is ambidextrous. Lol sorry, just a pet peeve of mine, how ambiguous is confused with mixed handedness, I want to meet someone who's actually ambiguous I wonder if they're like super balanced instead of right or left brain dominant.

Oh and I'm left handed, I write like a 3 year old child with my right hand lol.

Kellydancer
10-22-2011, 09:35 PM
I tend to write more with my left hand but can write pretty evenly with both, which basically means I write terrible with both. Otherwise pretty evenly with playing sports and everything else. Generally I use whichever hand isn't cramping at that moment.