PDA

View Full Version : gay or bi strippers issues!

evetease
02-13-2009, 11:26 PM
i am a femme gay girl and i just started stripping. i know some of the other
girls mess around, but i don't know if its okay to bring up that i have a serious girlfriend (who is not femme,but not butch either). are the strippers and managers usually used to this sort of thing? would it ever be acceptable to bring her to work at the beginning or end of a shift?
and how do your girlfriends feel about you stripping for the men, and the occasional woman?? my girlfriend seems most uncomfortable about the lapdances for the women. i haven't let her watch me at my job, and i am
hoping to start working at a good club soon - i have an audition next week that i am nervous about, and wish i could share more with her. any advice or experience you can share about these things??? THANK YOU!!! :)

cinammonkisses
02-14-2009, 05:42 AM
First things first, whether you are gay/les/straight you shouldn't be talking about your personal life at all. You're there to make money, not friends.

Don't worry about it.

Oh, and as far as bringing her to work, why would you do that? This is work. Bringing her would just make you focus on her instead of you making money.

princessjas
02-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Seriously, never EVER bring you SO to work with you, regardless of your sexuality. Bad move, invites unnecessary drama and jealousy.

As far as mentioning you are taken, I'd say it's up to you, but I always kept my mouth shut about personal issues. All they need to know is you don't wanna make out with em... End of story!

charlie61
02-15-2009, 07:04 PM
i am a femme gay girl and i just started stripping. i know some of the other
girls mess around, but i don't know if its okay to bring up that i have a serious girlfriend (who is not femme,but not butch either). are the strippers and managers usually used to this sort of thing? would it ever be acceptable to bring her to work at the beginning or end of a shift?
and how do your girlfriends feel about you stripping for the men, and the occasional woman?? my girlfriend seems most uncomfortable about the lapdances for the women. i haven't let her watch me at my job, and i am
hoping to start working at a good club soon - i have an audition next week that i am nervous about, and wish i could share more with her. any advice or experience you can share about these things??? THANK YOU!!! :)

-I'd agree with other people. If you're looking to make some serious money, you definitely should NOT take your SO to work or have her show up. Oftentimes, strippers create a 'work' persona that can really clash with your 'home' persona. Your gf might not like what she'd perceive to be a "different/sluttier" you. She probably wouldn't understand that in order to make money stripping, you need to act a certain way (whatever that way is) to make money. So it might actually make her MORE concerned about what you're doing.
-----If you want to have her show up at work every now and then to spice up your sex life or something, then I think this is understandable. Most people I work with have their SO's come into work very rarely.

-Also, stripping is NOT about jealousy. When you're at work, you are working. You are making money. Just as with any other job, you (generally, if you're in a monogamous relationship) are not turned on by customers. Your body becomes a tool with which to make $$$. Stripping is not about sexuality...it's about a performance of sexuality. (again, I speak generally).

-Managers and whatnot will NOT GIVE A SHIT about your sexuality. Everyone is there to make money, and as long as you don't get in the system's way, they couldn't care less about your personal life or even you as a person (generally). I'm not saying that they won't like you. But there's a difference between being cordial to someone and actually getting involved with their personal issues.

-Many dancers are gay/bi/bicurious/adventurous, etc. You being gay shouldn't even be a blip on their radar even if it DOES come up. I've actually witnessed some reverse discrimination against straight dancers. Straight girls (IME) almost literally have to 'come out' because it's so common for strippers to view sexuality as fluid. Haha, this won't always be the case...but I'd be really surprised if you being gay were an issue. (Obviously, this is regional...since I live in a really liberal area, but still...).

-The key to mediating a relationship and stripping (if your partner is wary about the job) is to be 100% honest with your partner. What is she worried about? Find out EXACTLY what she's feeling anxiety about. Is she worried that you will do something? Or is she just worried that someone else will do something to you? Go overboard with the honesty. Tell her stories about what happens at work. This way, she'll get a general picture of how the club works and will make her feel more like she's in the know. If you only tell her when something goes wrong, then she'll just form a negative view of strip clubs. Does that make sense?