PDA

View Full Version : NYT Times Bestselling Author Looking to Interview Las Vegas Dancers in Mid March!

Pages : 1 [2]

threlayer
03-23-2009, 10:03 AM
...I just happen to know that writers DO get paid for writing. And I happen to know that interviewees DO get paid for interviews, too....I hope he learns a thing or two...we like it even more when we get paid.... and I'm talking cash, babe. Not books, not lunches, and not dinners.

Money talks... bullshit walks..... and I hope Stevie has some comfy sneakers. :P

I guess you didn't know that it is unethical and unprofessional for journalists to pay for interviews. Newspaper or otherwise. It could be construed as the journalist being bribed for presenting the views of others as conclusions the journalist reached by the journalist alone. Many people and companies would pay to get their views presented to the public. That is why this is an industry-wide standard.

At least that is an industry that has ethical standards. There are so many that don't, you know.

midlifeadventure
03-29-2009, 02:58 PM
personally I would like to say "beware"...... and also watch out for all the "Hollywood" types as well.......and remember, the BEST book.....or screenplay wil be written by someone who actually knows what the FUCK they are talking about, namely an ex-FEMALE STRIPPER!!! Take care of your own, girls......let them wonder!!

glambman
03-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Actually, the best are written by people who actually do proper research about what they are writing about.

midlifeadventure
03-30-2009, 08:20 AM
Actually, the best are written by people who actually do proper research about what they are writing about.

so I guess that would explain why Diablo Cody won an Oscar......and wrote a book, she only "danced" for a couple of years......imagine women who had actually worked in the industry for years......and NOT in the small time league..... NOTHING in life is ever FREE, I personally have been "ripped off" many times with creative thoughts and ideas, live and learn, watch what you say.......and DON'T bite the hand that feeds you.

glambman
03-30-2009, 08:35 AM
Actually, it would explain why Tom Clancy hasn't won an Oscar but whose books outsells D Cody and whose movies rake in more cash then Ms. Cody.

Also, Sylvester Stallone was never a boxer, but he wrote a great movie when he penned Rocky.

midlifeadventure
03-30-2009, 08:49 AM
Actually, it would explain why Tom Clancy hasn't won an Oscar but whose books outsells D Cody and whose movies rake in more cash then Ms. Cody.

Also, Sylvester Stallone was never a boxer, but he wrote a great movie when he penned Rocky.

and YES SLY.......a perfect example of someone that did it ALL himself, refusing to sell his "idea" and let someone ELSE profit off it!!! GREAT EXAMPLE, and, lol, know a few things about him myself......

glambman
03-30-2009, 09:03 AM
and YES SLY.......a perfect example of someone that did it ALL himself, refusing to sell his "idea" and let someone ELSE profit off it!!! GREAT EXAMPLE, and, lol, know a few things about him myself......

Just don't let him in your bathroom, EVER!!!!!!! lololol

He only held out so he could play the part of Rocky. The studios locked him in as an action star. I think Rocky and the first Rambo (First Blood) were excellent movies that showed he could really act, but see previous sentence. CopLand was great, he took it to try to break from the type cast. But, I get your point. 8)

midlifeadventure
03-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Just don't let him in your bathroom, EVER!!!!!!! lololol

He only held out so he could play the part of Rocky. The studios locked him in as an action star. I think Rocky and the first Rambo (First Blood) were excellent movies that showed he could really act, but see previous sentence. CopLand was great, he took it to try to break from the type cast. But, I get your point. 8)

Its really a double edged sword..... He made a GREAT career for himself, most don't get that lucky.....but it never hurts to try, just have to figure out how to do without stepping on toes, personally, I think "dancing" has saved me from a life of mediocrity, but EVERYTHING has a price.

glambman
03-30-2009, 02:45 PM
I know what you meant hence the "I get your point". I'm surprised you didn't ask about why one shouldn't ever allow Sly into their bathroom. lol