PDA

View Full Version : NYT Times Bestselling Author Looking to Interview Las Vegas Dancers in Mid March!

Pages : [1] 2

WaiterRant
02-18-2009, 09:20 AM
Dear Forum Members:

My name is Steve Dublanica and I'm the author of the NYT Bestselling book Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip: Confessions of a Cynical Waiter. A few weeks ago I posted a request to interview dancers for my upcoming book on tipping entitled At Your Service. I'd like to thank all the wonderful people who contacted me as a result of that post and gave me a peek into a dancer's life.

Because every story needs a "sense of place" I will be visiting Las Vegas in the middle of March this year. Besides, what's a better place to talk about tipping than Vegas? Therefore, I'm looking for male and female dancers who'd be willing to let me interview them in person when I'm in town. I will be happy to provide references to prove that everything I'm saying is on the level. Please Google my name or persuse my website at as well! If you're interested in talking to me while I'm in Vegas, please email me at

Best wishes,

Steve Dublanica

lildreamer316
02-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Steve, I've been waiting for you to pop up here!!
I read your blog regularly and am excited to see what you'll come up with in this next book.
I personally have not been dancing steadily for the last few years because of having a child, but I hope some of our members will help you out.
Best of luck and please keep us updated as you have time!
..and I hope you don't mind my sig line quote, LOL.:D

Sophia_Starina
02-19-2009, 03:08 AM
I'd be happy to share my story as long as you pay me.... :)

WaiterRant
02-20-2009, 08:07 AM
Alas, paying for interviews is unethical! But if I was at your club I'd be a good tipper! ;)
If any dancers in Vegas want to talk to me, I'll be in town from March 10-15th. Just email me at

Sophia_Starina
02-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Alas, paying for interviews is unethical! But if I was at your club I'd be a good tipper! ;)

Hilarious. I think profiting from other peoples stories and life experiences is unethical.

Getting something for nothing is all good and well.... but you just fall into the category reserved for leeches and other parasites. ;)

WaiterRant
02-20-2009, 06:04 PM
Sorry if I offended you with my attempt at humor, but if you didn't describe other peoples experiences there'd be no literature, film, painting, dance, or music! I hope you reconsider my post. Best wishes!

Kylea2
02-20-2009, 06:48 PM
I agree with Sophia, you are profiting from the dancer's story - so they should be compensated. It's the same as an artist compensating a model because he/she contributed to the final product - so your argument isn't really valid unless you were not going to be profiting from the sale of the book.

As a dancer another part of the problem with free interviews is that the majority of the time we never see the final product produced after promises that we would. I can't tell you how many times I've been interviewed. Have I ever seen anything from it? Nope... not a thing. No rough draft, no final, nothing. I can't even reference it for credit anywhere because the writers never follow through on what they promise.

My opinion is to ask for pay - at least then there is some sort of compensation!

WaiterRant
02-20-2009, 10:12 PM
I always try and treat my in person interviewees to lunch or dinner and give them a copy of my book. People who contribute to this current effort gets a free copy of my upcoming book. But you cannot pay for interviews! If I was in your club I would pay for your time, that's a different story.

Sophia_Starina
02-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Excuse the fuck outa me, but what journalism/creative writing/ethics course did you take that says that compensating a person for their intellectual property is "unethical"???

If you have every intention of profiting from a strippers' anecdotes, stories, and experiences you should pay them!!!

Imagine if your publisher started paying you royalties in dinners and lunches... would you be happy about it?

Oh wait.... is that how you get paid... Chubsy?

http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2008/0808/steve_dublanica_0812.jpg

Sophia_Starina
02-20-2009, 11:13 PM
if you didn't describe other peoples experiences there'd be no literature, film, painting, dance, or music! I hope you reconsider my post. Best wishes!

You're a riot... in the worlds of literature, film, and music etc. people get paid for good ideas and to share their stories. Give credit where credit is due... and pay folks accordingly.

Gosh! Can't you come up with an original tale to tell... or will you forever be destined to mooch on the experiences of others???

jester214
02-21-2009, 12:09 AM
Oh wait.... is that how you get paid... Chubsy?

That's a pretty fucking cheap shot...

Kylea2
02-21-2009, 12:22 AM
and give them a copy of my book. People who contribute to this current effort gets a free copy of my upcoming book. But you cannot pay for interviews!

I've heard it a plenty of times that I know people tend to NOT follow through on what they say they are going to do.

Plus, there is nothing wrong with paying for interviews and obviously if you can afford to pay for lunch you can afford to pay for an interview.

what journalism/creative writing/ethics course did you take that says that compensating a person for their intellectual property is "unethical"???

^^ What she said!

JayATee
02-21-2009, 01:38 AM
I don't understand, magazines like People pay celebs for interviews all the time, how is it unethical?

nina888
02-21-2009, 02:16 AM
bahahahahaha......... are you SURE the story is about tipping? Or is it about strippers?

I have actually had several guys (very cheap and time consuming assholes) come into where i work and list off a thousand questions. I find it annoying as fuck and insulting. If you are offering to pay my for my time then we need to discuss the details. Not to mention how the story i am telling is going to be used.

i have thought about writing about my experiences as a dancer as i have had many very unique insights while doing this job. I have dealt with celebrities, high society people, drug dealers, and the lowest classes all in the same profession. I certainly didnt spend all these years doing this shit to give my story away for free to someone who isnt going to compensate me. I actually think the stories and television specials showing the lives of strippers hurt our business more than anything. Oftentimes they are not shown realistically or only show a very dramatic downside of how it operates.

If you really want the experience/writing material - read through the posts here. OR GO STRIP!!! LOLOLOL

Kylea2
02-21-2009, 02:37 AM
I actually think the stories and television specials showing the lives of strippers hurt our business more than anything. Oftentimes they are not shown realistically or only show a very dramatic downside of how it operates.

+1 VERY true. At least with your own book you know exactly how you are being quoted and how the story is being spun.

nina888
02-21-2009, 03:33 AM
The fucked up thing too is that soooo much negative publicity is given to strippers, making it a high risk thing for us to even think about writing experiences ourselves!!!!!!! Anytime i share any insight into the business with an otherwise "average" person - the information that has already been accumulated in their mind leads them straight to a one track mind. VERY VERY FEW ever even listen to what i am saying. It goes in one ear and out the other. Strippers practically have to live underground (meaning keep everything so hush hush and/or lye) to avoid being labeled a whore, skank, goldigger, moron, or bimbo. Its sickening.

jester214
02-21-2009, 11:38 AM
Are you all serious? This guy is legitimate, his website and his book are all about TIPPING?? If he talked to 100 dancers to get their views on TIPPING and paid them a very low $100 he's already in the hold $10,000! Plus he doesn't just talk to dancers, he talks to any profession where people get tipped.

They pay celebs about their personal stories. He's trying to get information about tipping in a broad stance, if he paid it could be said you just told him what he wanted to hear, or lied.

Kylea2
02-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Are you all serious? This guy is legitimate, his website and his book are all about TIPPING?? If he talked to 100 dancers to get their views on TIPPING and paid them a very low $100 he's already in the hold $10,000!

How is $100 low? If he wants to stay inexpensive he can. Just put a fast survey up on line and tell the dancers he'll pay them like $10 each to fill it out for the first X number of dancers or $1 per question. It's the same price as buying lunch at a deli. The answers will be more fluid from one dancer to the next, like actual research, and probably better thought out since people can actually take time to form their answers.

jester214
02-21-2009, 12:37 PM
How is $100 low? If he wants to stay inexpensive he can. Just put a fast survey up on line and tell the dancers he'll pay them like $10 each to fill it out for the first X number of dancers or $1 per question. It's the same price as buying lunch at a deli. The answers will be more fluid from one dancer to the next, like actual research, and probably better thought out since people can actually take time to form their answers.

Well for one, how would he know who he was talking too? I could answer his questions.

Also, why do you want to be paid so badly when he's going to write a book about how people need to tip more? NOT JUST DANCERS. All kinds of workers who get tipped?

nina888
02-21-2009, 03:57 PM
i dunno i just find this whole situation fishy.......... he is traveling all the way to vegas to interview girls?? what- there are no strippers in new york willing to give some tidbits? And like i said earlier i hate even contributing to guys writing about whatever they think they know or makes them the expert on stripping or tipping strippers or whatever. If he doesnt know already, maybe he should write about something else.

This keeps reminding me of this guy who took up an hour of my time in Chicago asking me all kinds of questions. He gave me the impression he was just settling in before he would get some dances- and then halfway into our convo revealed that he was writing a book about strippers. He kept giving HIS take on the biz, and even tryed to come across as an expert of sorts. At the end of the conversation (me being very nice to him, despite my discust at his stupidity) he refused to buy any dances and left the club with his loser friend (they bought two bud lights- so total spent maybe 20 bucks tops??) looking at me like i was a panhandler.

Negotiate something up front and deal with fewer girls if need be. "pay you for your time" is too vague. Usually when guys say that they hand over 20 bucks and say- thats how much a dance is right? Its total BS.

Kylea2
02-21-2009, 04:08 PM
Well for one, how would he know who he was talking too? I could answer his questions.

Also, why do you want to be paid so badly when he's going to write a book about how people need to tip more? NOT JUST DANCERS. All kinds of workers who get tipped?

How is he going to know in Vegas? Just because they have lunch with him in Vegas doesn't mean squat! He could easily ask them to e-mail him a copy of their Vegas dance license or show him on webcam... of course that doesn't mean they are working on a regular basis. He really doesn't have any way of knowing how much these people are working. Another thing he could do was check to see if the i.p. address they are responding from is a Vegas i.p. address - but again it just means they are in Vegas.

As for getting paid, for many dancers time is money. If you want to go and answer all of his questions for free - go for it! You can report back on your experiences with him at lunch and whether or not you ever got your free book... I've already been there done that.

jester214
02-21-2009, 04:18 PM
^You both sound ridiculous. The guy is well known, his book is about tipping in different industries, not just dancing. The focus isn't on dancing.

nina888
02-21-2009, 04:46 PM
okay.... here is my interview. Tip me well.
Stage.......Dont hand me a dollar on stage and ask me to put my tits in your face. Dont have your girlfriend do the same thinking its more appropriate cus she is a chick. If you dont want to tip me cus im not good enough for your standards, then dont sit there staring at my ass for three sets. Dont put money in places i wouldnt ask you to put it. A dollar is a very cheap tip on stage. If you are gunna sit there staring - cough up some cash. Otherwise go sit at the bar.

Lap dance......... tipping is appreciated dearly. Dont ask for "deals" on dances. I am giving a cut of my money to the club and dont need to put even more back in your pocket (basically buy you a beer on my time). VIP rooms are for big spenders. Dont ask for deals on that unless you are planning on being in there for 3 or 4 hours. THIS is going to make me want to rip you off (aka not give you a good dance). Better tips = better service.

Vip host......... tip him!!! he is the one who is gunna make sure you are well attended to. I wont get into this further but read into it as far as your imagination can take it. These guys are ALL about the money. They will help you if you help them. DONT tip him more than your girl though hoping you will get away with more than she is comfortable with.

this is my mini interview........... like i said before i could write a whole novel on this stuff so i will leave it at that.

Winged Dinghy
02-21-2009, 11:32 PM
Although it seems that the OP has disappeared from this thread (and maybe that's for the better, as things have gotten ugly), I thought some of my fellow strippers might want to know that I emailed him almost two weeks ago, on February 11th, offering to be interviewed.

Got no response. None. Not even a polite, "no, but thanks for the offer."

nina888
02-22-2009, 12:46 AM
Although it seems that the OP has disappeared from this thread (and maybe that's for the better, as things have gotten ugly), I thought some of my fellow strippers might want to know that I emailed him almost two weeks ago, on February 11th, offering to be interviewed.

kinda makes you wonder dont it?? ::)

Sophia_Starina
02-22-2009, 05:14 AM
He's been posting all over the net asking for interviews....

I don't think he's a horrible fraud... just a chubby cheapskate.

I think he just wants to scam his publisher for a free trip to Vegas (lol... of course there are no strippers in NYC ::)::)::))... and party it up with sexy strippahs and buy them lunch.... rather than pay them.

LOL. You gotta admire the chutzpah.... :laughing:

Kylea2
02-22-2009, 10:03 PM
^You both sound ridiculous. The guy is well known, his book is about tipping in different industries, not just dancing. The focus isn't on dancing.

I didn't say that he wasn't well known... but just because he's written a book doesn't mean that he deserves more than the next person. I also didn't say what his book is or isn't about. Before you try making statements like this you ought to re-read what I've said. I've don't the free interview thing and never saw anything from it - so I don't recommend it to others. If you want to go an give free interviews and potentially waste your time for nothing - be my guest.

So Jester, lets see it... post your answers to his questions.

WaiterRant
02-22-2009, 10:28 PM
If I received an invite to be interviewed and I failed to answer then I apologize.

However.......

I'm might be chubby but I'm no cheapskate! Sorry, despite what some of you think, you cannot pay for interviews.

I've been polite - it's some people here who've descended into ugliness. However, I don't think it's representative of people working in the exotic dancer profession. I've interviewed several women who've been quite gracious.

So I repeat my offer. If anyone in the Las Vegas area would like to be interviewed, just email me at [email protected]

Thanks

Kylea2
02-22-2009, 11:01 PM
Sorry, despite what some of you think, you cannot pay for interviews.

No, but you can pay for lunch? ::)

Why not just cut to the chase (pay the dancer vs. going to lunch), get the answers to your questions, and be done with it?

I never called you cheap, I wouldn't do that. However, I do think you need to re-prioritize and rather than expecting a dancer to have lunch let him/her just send you the information and compensate monetarily. I don't care what you think about how you "can't pay for interviews". Just because other people do something doesn't mean you have to do it... and obviously plenty of authors and news stations DO pay for interviews - so I don't see why that should be an issue.

You know what though? It's your survey... do whatever you like. I'm just telling you what you can do to get a better response, and pre-warning others that this sort of thing typically doesn't work out as promised and the dancers get shafted.

Lucifer911
02-23-2009, 12:07 AM
If I received an invite to be interviewed and I failed to answer then I apologize.

However.......

I'm might be chubby but I'm no cheapskate! Sorry, despite what some of you think, you cannot pay for interviews.

I've been polite - it's some people here who've descended into ugliness. However, I don't think it's representative of people working in the exotic dancer profession. I've interviewed several women who've been quite gracious.

So I repeat my offer. If anyone in the Las Vegas area would like to be interviewed, just email me at [email protected]

Thanks

oh really.... you cannot pay for interviews?
how about when Paris Hilton was interviewed on Larry King to discuss her jail experience? if I can recall she was paid $1,000,000 big ones.

You know it takes confidence to do what these women do (and men too) and they will be placed in uncomfortable scenarios quite often. You want to capitalise on someones life experiences (negative experiences in particular) without compensating them for their time.

and having your name on google means nothing.. its easy to spin BS to build up a bogus reputation.

My advice to the women is to steer well clear of this man. Journalists get a lot of attention when they put a negative spin on this industry... and I'm quite certain you will do the same in order to profit from it.

You shot yourself in the foot the moment you said it was unethical then tried to justify it with your so called sense of humour.

glambman
02-23-2009, 09:48 AM
oh really.... you cannot pay for interviews?
how about when Paris Hilton was interviewed on Larry King to discuss her jail experience? if I can recall she was paid $1,000,000 big ones.

You know it takes confidence to do what these women do (and men too) and they will be placed in uncomfortable scenarios quite often. You want to capitalise on someones life experiences (negative experiences in particular) without compensating them for their time.

and having your name on google means nothing.. its easy to spin BS to build up a bogus reputation.

My advice to the women is to steer well clear of this man. Journalists get a lot of attention when they put a negative spin on this industry... and I'm quite certain you will do the same in order to profit from it.

You shot yourself in the foot the moment you said it was unethical then tried to justify it with your so called sense of humour.

Larry King is not a journalist. He is merely a question asker, and the questions he asks are lightweight, at best. Nothing heavy, nothing hard hitting. When you get to real journalist tv stuff, when they pay out, they lose credibility, as well as when they cause explosions (remember the GM stuff).

And who really gives a rats ass about Paris Hilton, if she was even paid a mill as you say, she is still a street walker.

Did you even read WR's first book, or blog? It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt,. Ponder that mate.

Your post shows the number one problem with strippers, delusional. You have to pay blah blah blah.

Lucifer911
02-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Larry King is not a journalist. He is merely a question asker, and the questions he asks are lightweight, at best. Nothing heavy, nothing hard hitting. When you get to real journalist tv stuff, when they pay out, they lose credibility, as well as when they cause explosions (remember the GM stuff).

And who really gives a rats ass about Paris Hilton, if she was even paid a mill as you say, she is still a street walker.

Did you even read WR's first book, or blog? It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt,. Ponder that mate.

Your post shows the number one problem with strippers, delusional. You have to pay blah blah blah.

Imagine for a second this website is called accountantweb.com and we are all accountants and we have customers as fans (not likely to happen in this world) but this makes a good example.

We have a new member suddenly pop up and claims he is writing a book about how to save money on tax. He asks accountants in New York (instead of Vegas) for an interview regarding their professional advice on tax breaks and deductions. The accountants are told they are not compensated for their time but because the author has a previous best selling book the accountants should be grateful to have the opportunity to spend their time to offer the best selling author unsolicited advice at their own expense... even though it hinges on their time when they could be making money off clients.

Stripping, exotic dancing or however you choose to refer it is a profession which involves constant physical exercise, grooming, professionalism, performing, sales skills, entertainment, ability to build rapports with customers and more.

p.s. everytime I seek simple legal advice without going to court.. I have to pay substantial amounts of money

glambman
02-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Why would an author need to interview different types of accountants?

A sports athlete will have certain deductions they can take. An actor, others. A band member others. Dancers others. An athlete can take deductions that an actor cannot, and vice versa. So, we can see why he needs to talk to accountants in different geographical area.

The accountants will get credit in the book, and people in those areas will seek them out as they 'know something' about their field. And it's not like you are taking them out of work for a week.

The first step in the aforementioned areas, would mean having the 'qualified' accountant set up a 'through company' that all business expenses are paid from, and then the balance passes through to you. If done improperly, you will be double taxed, if not, not.

threlayer
02-23-2009, 01:03 PM

Things always get ugly around here when some new male asks for information. I'll bet he didn't get that kind of response from any other industry he has worked with. He was chased away. And maybe that'll be part of his story.

If you want to tell your story and get paid, write your own book. If you don't want your story on the news, don't be newsworthy.

However, if you want the stripper tipping story told in hopes that people will understand it better and perhaps give your 'industry' a little leeway, well, you probably just missed your chance.

Personally, I don't care. My comment is because I just that I get tired of this site being a haven for vultures. Not all, but most certainly some.

lildreamer316
02-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Just to note..he was featured on Oprah. That's a bit more than just 'building up yourself on Google'.

I think his intentions are good and it's a shame that some people can't see past their own worldview to give someone a bit of time.

AS YOU GIVE, SO SHALL YOU RECIEVE.

Why don't some of you give the waiter a little bit extra for his hard work?? You never know how it will come back to you.

For people who survive on tips, this is really a poor showing.

And if you want to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, I've been working in tipped industries since 1990; and in this one since 1994.

jester214
02-23-2009, 08:57 PM
He's been posting all over the net asking for interviews....

I don't think he's a horrible fraud... just a chubby cheapskate.

I think he just wants to scam his publisher for a free trip to Vegas (lol... of course there are no strippers in NYC ::)::)::))... and party it up with sexy strippahs and buy them lunch.... rather than pay them.

LOL. You gotta admire the chutzpah.... :laughing:

Again what a low fucking blow to make fun of the guys weight.

Vegas is a city of tips. NYC definately does not have casinos like Vegas.

Pathetic.

sexilexi
02-25-2009, 05:20 AM
Thanks, but I can afford my own lunch and book ;) !

Sophia_Starina
02-26-2009, 04:04 AM
I'm might be chubby but I'm no cheapskate!

::) LOL. That's like saying "I'm gonna be cheap.... but I'm not cheap"

I hate it when guys say nonsense like that.... "Sure babe... I won't pay you.... but you know I'm rich and stuff...... I just don't wanna pay you." LOL.

Sorry, despite what some of you think, you cannot pay for interviews.

Correction love, YOU won't pay for interviews. I can pay for interviews... and I would pay for interviews if I were a nationally recognized author with what I'm sure is a big.....thick....hot....juicy...advance in the bank account (cough cough *trip to vegas* cough cough)...... }:D

glambman
02-26-2009, 08:52 AM
...and I would pay for interviews if I were a nationally recognized author with what I'm sure is a big.....thick....hot....juicy...advance in the bank account (cough cough *trip to vegas* cough cough)...... }:D

You make it sound like all authors (or even ones with one best selling books) are all getting million dollar advances and have even more in the bank. Dream on.

Lucifer911
02-26-2009, 09:33 AM
You make it sound like all authors (or even ones with one best selling books) are all getting million dollar advances and have even more in the bank. Dream on.

JK Rowling certainly made a good living given the fact she is what? the second richest woman in the world?

I looked him up amazon... he has certainly made money... not many authors come close to being in the top #1000 sales rank on amazon. I am surprised he isn't compensating anyone for their time given his success.

Most authors would be lucky to make it into the top #200,000 sales ranks on amazon. It is true 98% of published authors are not wealthy... but this Steve Dublanica seems to be within that elite earner zone... he got a gig on Oprah after all..

Famous or not.. (famous authors do this often) I'm sick of mooches who just use people to go from point A ---> B without compensation.

glambman
02-26-2009, 09:55 AM
JK Rowling certainly made a good living given the fact she is what? the second richest woman in the world?

Hate to break the news to you, but she earns more from royalties from her movies than as an author.

If we look at the modeling/ acting industry, for every millionaire model/ actor, there are thousands that barely earn a living at it, and many more who have to have another job to make ends meet.

I looked him up amazon... he has certainly made money... not many authors come close to being in the top #1000 sales rank on amazon. I am surprised he isn't compensating anyone for their time given his success.

Some of the best cookbook authors aren't even millionaires.

Most authors would be lucky to make it into the top #200,000 sales ranks on amazon. It is true 98% of published authors are not wealthy... but this Steve Dublanica seems to be within that elite earner zone... he got a gig on Oprah after all..

Still, being #1 with a book does not mean a millionaire.

Famous or not.. (famous authors do this often) I'm sick of mooches who just use people to go from point A ---> B without compensation.

Again, nonfiction plays by different rules. The mainstream media would loose most of their viewers if they paid everyone for an interview.

In bold.

jester214
02-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Some of you have no concept of what kind of money people earn for different jobs. You also have no idea about ethics concepts.

yoda57us
02-26-2009, 12:32 PM

Look at this as part of your research my friend. In the dancing industry there are ladies who feel that they should be compensated for every minute of their time whenever possible and ladies who will invest a little time in a customer to make money later. Neither approach is right or wrong but both exist.

Sophia_Starina
02-26-2009, 04:37 PM

Hah! Why are you putting words in my mouth? I never said anything about millions.

I just happen to know that writers DO get paid for writing. And I happen to know that interviewees DO get paid for interviews, too.

So Stevie wants to pinch pennies.... that's fine. But I expect MUCH MUCH better from someone who is writing a book about tipping.

I hope he learns a thing or two.... namely that strippers like to be tipped. But we like it even more when we get paid.... and I'm talking cash, babe. Not books, not lunches, and not dinners.

Money talks... bullshit walks..... and I hope Stevie has some comfy sneakers. :P

Sophia_Starina
02-26-2009, 04:42 PM
Look at this as part of your research my friend. In the dancing industry there are ladies who feel that they should be compensated for every minute of their time whenever possible and ladies who will invest a little time in a customer to make money later. Neither approach is right or wrong but both exist.

LOL. Investing time in Stevie has no reward. My time is worth way more than a lunch.

I hope the girls on SW have enough self-esteem to reject such a pitiful offer.

Perry
02-28-2009, 04:58 AM
Egads, spend an hour browsing the hustle hut and he'll see how we try to get tips. Spend an an hour in customer conversation and he'll see how PL's feel entitled to our time, our shows, and extras for free. And better yet, how they should be treated like normal human beings that we ought to enjoy socializing with while they treat us like objects. Okay, that's not always the case. But it happens often enough.

The info is all here. We've answered hundreds of "Am I too fat/old/ugly to dance?" threads and "How do I do this trick/nicely say no/give a good dance?" I can even think of at least 3 threads that specifically discuss how to ask for tips!! So it's really ignorant to say we think we should be paid for everything. We hang out here. We help our own kind and we're even cool enough to answer the "Does she like me?" customer threads.

So why get all butt hurt that no one wants to go to the trouble to meet a stranger in her free time without any compensation to talk about stripping?? It's not fun, it's not profitable, and it's a wee bit offensive since all the info is already on this site and open to the public.

ETA - I'm largely talking to egotistical, spoiled customers that wander into a site designed for strippers and call us vultures and take it personal that we aren't jumping at the opportunity to take time away from our own friends and family to help a stranger out with his career even though he already has complete access to everything he needs. To the OP - Hustle Hut is a gold mine of everything you're looking for. We wouldn't want to be cited by our real names for privacy reasons anyway, so a face-to-face interview isn't all the necessary. Best of luck!

glambman
02-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Perry, you have great points, and I am not in disagreement, but if he just sources the material, it seems to me unethical. Kinda like stealing it, unless each and every poster gives permission to be sourced.

It also seems to me that the OP could draw up his questionnaire and post it. If anyone is interested in filling it out, great. If not, not.

Lucifer911
02-28-2009, 12:14 PM
ironically we have a professional waiter Stevie who wants to write a book on how to improve tips coming onto stripperweb and being a complete tight ass to people who like to be tipped. Can you say hypocrite?

I bet good ole Stevie tips noone when he goes out to restaurants either yet he expects all the tips when he is at work.

Fuck I hate people like that... anytime I get female customers (who are strippers) tipping me.. I'll try and drop by at their work to return the favor at least.

Hah! Why are you putting words in my mouth? I never said anything about millions.

I just happen to know that writers DO get paid for writing. And I happen to know that interviewees DO get paid for interviews, too.

So Stevie wants to pinch pennies.... that's fine. But I expect MUCH MUCH better from someone who is writing a book about tipping.

I hope he learns a thing or two.... namely that strippers like to be tipped. But we like it even more when we get paid.... and I'm talking cash, babe. Not books, not lunches, and not dinners.

Money talks... bullshit walks..... and I hope Stevie has some comfy sneakers. :P

glambman
02-28-2009, 12:26 PM
ironically we have a professional waiter Stevie who wants to write a book on how to improve tips coming onto stripperweb and being a complete tight ass to people who like to be tipped. Can you say hypocrite?

I bet good ole Stevie tips noone when he goes out to restaurants either yet he expects all the tips when he is at work.

Fuck I hate people like that... anytime I get female customers (who are strippers) tipping me.. I'll try and drop by at their work to return the favor at least.

Based on what do you make this assessment? The people who work in a tip dependent job are usually more generous than salaried workers. Among those I know, it is the rare person (whose salary is tip dependent) that is a cheapskate.

Perry
03-01-2009, 05:54 AM
Perry, you have great points, and I am not in disagreement, but if he just sources the material, it seems to me unethical. Kinda like stealing it, unless each and every poster gives permission to be sourced.

It also seems to me that the OP could draw up his questionnaire and post it. If anyone is interested in filling it out, great. If not, not.

I'm kinda of the impression that we gave permission when we posted it. It's a public forum designed for the exchange of advice and ideas. Dancers, customers, and anyone interested can look, use and take it. And if I were to sit down and discuss at length how I make my moolah, I would not allow him to write,

Rachel Seriton admits she uses her thong to entice customers into tipping her, by playfully holding out the side of it. Then the other side, then the front and back. She giggles, "I can make four times the amount that way!"

He would have to say Perry or Lola, or a psudomen of his choice, anyway. Writers always get a bit of creative leeway, and privacy is so important to us that he is allowed even more of it.

And just for the record, my name isn't really Rachel Seriton, but I have been known to use that trick. I don't mind if it ends up in the book, as another dancer's move or a customer's request. I wouldn't have posted it here if I did. :P