PDA

View Full Version : Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

ModelCruises
02-19-2009, 07:42 AM
Hi Everyone,

While doing online marketing for our club, I recently came across a discussion on this board that is grossly misinformed.

Here is the thread:

Stripper Web doesn't allow a manager to post in club chat, so I had to start a new post to address that one.

I am the manager and a co-owner of (.

I am here to answer any questions you may have about the club.

Let me start with a brief introduction to address some of the comments made in the other thread...

1) I owned the original "loft party club" in NYC that the Hot Lapdance Club was later modeled after. It was called "Executive Elite" and was a busy password party in a huge loft in the Garment District, a few blocks from Times Square. We were written up in several local publications and were quite popular.

2) Our boats do not go anywhere. They stay put, in one place. There is no actual "cruise", so those posting about "international waters" are posting from imagined problems, not reality. This isn't James Bond. It's just a boat on the shore that sits there acting as a normal strip club would.

3) We have increased our pay to $350 for a 2 hour shift... flat fee shift pay. We listened to what you said in your posts here as well as feedback from last year's dancers. People would rather be paid a flat shift pay, so we have changed the policy for 2009.

4) Someone posted this crazy post about drugs, throwing people off boats in international waters, coke parties, etc... We have an extremely strict policy on drugs. Bring them, and your time on the boat is over immediately. The police will be waiting for you when you leave if you do because we'll call them. Why do we do this? The US Coast Guard has an extremely strict policy on drugs. If they find even a pot seed, they take the boat and that's that. We cannot risk this extreme penalty and therefore allow no drugs on our boats. This means girls too! Nobody can bring them on.

This drug policy is listed here: It's at the bottom of the page under Rules.

5) There are no "club permits" or "club licensing" required for this business in our state, other than the standard business license and incorporation all businesses have here. The FL people must be speaking of a FL specific law that requires all clubs to have some additional license. We do not have that kind of licensing requirement here. A club is just like any other business in this location and requires the standard licensing.

6) Nina is correct in the other thread... the way attempted to set up her business was pandering. She made several mistakes in the setup that would result in her business being illegal. She thought about setting it up illegally. Of course, we aren't set up as she was thinking about setting up.

7) Lastly, we have a pretty extreme amount of security. Having run the underground loft party club in Manhattan that the Hot Lap Dance Club was modeled after, I had to devise such security in the past.We have a weapons and drug search for all customers prior to boarding, plus a full time, trained security guard positioned where he can see everything going on at all times. He is capable of incapacitating any customer who gets out of hand until the police arrive. This is well beyond the security of any strip club I've ever been to.

If you have any questions at all regarding this club, please ask us, rather than listening to speculation and wild stories of murder on the high seas. It's just a normal club with a cool view and a nice, relaxed environment. :)

Eric Stoner
02-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Welcome and many thanks for providing FACTS.

As you noted, ONLY females are permitted to post in "Club Chat" and "Private Party Dancing" and this sometimes results in rumor mongering and swapping of MISinformation as opposed to actual facts.

Sophia_Starina
02-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Welcome and many thanks for providing FACTS.

As you noted, ONLY females are permitted to post in "Club Chat" and "Private Party Dancing" and this sometimes results in rumor mongering and swapping of MISinformation as opposed to actual facts.

I dunno.... it's still a less than perfectly balanced spin on the service/situation. I'd be interested in seeing an objective write up by a known member who can give some first hand insight.

Let's be real ES..... this is essentially advertising (maybe some damage control, too.... considering the less than stellar reception this company got in Club Chat)...... it's not exactly Facts. :-X

1) I owned the original "loft party club" in NYC that the Hot Lapdance Club was later modeled after. It was called "Executive Elite" and was a busy password party in a huge loft in the Garment District, a few blocks from Times Square. We were written up in several local publications and were quite popular.

Oh and ModelCruises.... name-dropping Hot Lap Dance won't exactly endear you the members of this board. Word to the wise.... ;)

CosmicCandy
02-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Seems like a bunch of stuff changed since I visited your website last, cleared up some questions.

Eric Stoner
02-19-2009, 12:33 PM
I dunno.... it's still a less than perfectly balanced spin on the service/situation. I'd be interested in seeing an objective write up by a known member who can give some first hand insight.

Let's be real ES..... this is essentially advertising (maybe some damage control, too.... considering the less than stellar reception this company got in Club Chat)...... it's not exactly Facts. :-X

Oh and ModelCruises.... name-dropping Hot Lap Dance won't exactly endear you the members of this board. Word to the wise.... ;)

Hmmm. Well as compared to factually challenged speculation, surmise and conjecture ? Until contradicted by someone with first hand knowledge and experience I'd say his post stands. What I don't get, and what was not said, is what the allure is ; what about the concept or set-up is going to draw custies ?

He said that HIS party was the inspiration for Lou to start HLD and like it or not, Lou was successful for quite a while. His behavior turned off a lot of dancers and ultimately bit him on the ass. That's called "JUSTICE".

lildreamer316
02-19-2009, 01:45 PM

No, no misogynistic language there. Not at all.(insert sarcasm smiley here)
WTF???
I've met men that were far worse rumor spreaders than most of the women I know. A LOT of men like that.

I find it hard to believe a post like that is allowed to stand unchallenged on a board primarily geared toward women.

I feel oh so comfortable.

>END of threadjack; sorry.

Miaowren
02-19-2009, 03:26 PM
Is that Gemma Ward?? Psst she's a Supermodel/Actress. There are probably laws about doing a tacky cut out job on her face and then featuring it as a part of the heading for a website advertising your business.

Just sayin'?
It's not like some random chick on youtube, she's bound to have lawyers and money... and possibly also a new boat? :)

nina888
02-19-2009, 03:47 PM
I apoligize if my posts came across as over the top but from what was being said I felt it fair to warn this girl of the possiblities of what this REALLY could be. For all i know she is, like many girls in this business, very young and naive.

Having taken a better look at your advertisement for the "model cruise", I hate to say it but i am still not sold. What you show as a yacht is not what i would consider a party boat really. And its really unclear- do the girls give dances or not? And if so- where? On the bed in one of those tiny rooms? I have been on several boats and even the larger ones are pretty awkward quarters to be giving lap dances. Once again no offense......... but these are thing girls would want to know?

You also mentioned that there is no club licensing requirements for this type of business in your state? Where is that? The areas in and around New York City are pretty strick from my experience.......... not to mention you are serving alcohol? No offense to your post or your idea (like i said its somthing i thought about putting together myself) but it still sounds a little strange in my opinion. And the fact that you are calling my statements about drugs and dangerous situations "crazy" is not really impressive either. Girls in this business have all kinds of ridiculous experiences all the time that involve over aggressive guys or people on drugs. Its not "crazy" to warn a girl of this potential situation.

Paris
02-19-2009, 07:37 PM
More he said/she said stuff?

As I don't know a thing about Hot Lap Dance Club, have never been there and never will go there, my take on the situation is as follows:

I get the impression that there is a communication breakdown between the girls and the management. I doubt that anyone was blatantly lied to, but I do get the impression that some girls felt intentionally mislead to work for Hot Lap Dance Club.

Having been intentionally mislead to work for a club by a fast talking booking agent, I know exactly how this can happen. I recommend being very clear with the dancers when making the bookings, and dancers should be sure that they understand exactly what is expected at the party.

Ultimately, a person's feeling and experiences are her own.

Sophia_Starina
02-19-2009, 10:03 PM
More he said/she said stuff?

As I don't know a thing about Hot Lap Dance Club, have never been there and never will go there, my take on the situation is as follows:

I doubt that anyone was blatantly lied to, but I do get the impression that some girls felt intentionally mislead to work for Hot Lap Dance Club.

Hot Lap dance is the club that will never die!!! LOL.... I can't believe we're talking about it so long after it has vanished from the face of the earth.:zombie::yikes::scull::rip:

ModelCruises
02-20-2009, 06:09 AM
Hi Nina,

No worries. I just wanted to clear the record. I'm sure, living down where you do, you've seen some pretty sketchy people on boats. I've spent time in S FL and seen actual pan handlers living on half-sunken boats. Scary people. So... I can understand your first thoughts.

I'll try and answer your questions as best I can:

The girls do give dances. The dances take place in a semi-circular area inside the boat that looks a lot like the lap dance area of any other club. Sure, it's not as big as a normal club... but it's different and that's why people like it.

We do not serve alcohol. It is much more informal. We give beer & wine away for free, as is legal for any charter boat. It's self-serve, in a cooler. This is a very informal experience, which is why everyone likes it. Only cans and plastic cups (because we have our eye on safety at all times).

It is not crazy to warn girls of potential problems, but I wish you would have looked into the actual situation before coming up with all those what-ifs - only because they have all been accounted for in advance. Security is my personal mission, ever since the private party club in Manhattan. Even the girls are not allowed to bring drugs, which is different from most clubs and probably gets us less girls, but that's important to us.

I hope this helps clear things up. We only have slots for 3 dancers open as of now anyway, but I figured I'd address that other thread just so people knew we were good people with experience running clubs.

I ran into the same kind of thing with my last club. Some people became very frightened and nervous because it was different. It was a private, underground party. The same types of imaginative stories came out about murder, drugs, bad people, no escape and no security. In the end, the girls that worked there made bank because it was different. We were filled to capacity on most nights of the week. That guy from the Hot Lapdance Club used to call all the time asking about how to buy the place or partner up... then he opened his own as I moved on to another phase in life, closing the club.

I didn't really follow his story, but it sounds like he wasn't very nice to the girls. In the end, that's the most important thing, because without the dancers, you have no club. :)

I apoligize if my posts came across as over the top but from what was being said I felt it fair to warn this girl of the possiblities of what this REALLY could be. For all i know she is, like many girls in this business, very young and naive.

Having taken a better look at your advertisement for the "model cruise", I hate to say it but i am still not sold. What you show as a yacht is not what i would consider a party boat really. And its really unclear- do the girls give dances or not? And if so- where? On the bed in one of those tiny rooms? I have been on several boats and even the larger ones are pretty awkward quarters to be giving lap dances. Once again no offense......... but these are thing girls would want to know?

You also mentioned that there is no club licensing requirements for this type of business in your state? Where is that? The areas in and around New York City are pretty strick from my experience.......... not to mention you are serving alcohol? No offense to your post or your idea (like i said its somthing i thought about putting together myself) but it still sounds a little strange in my opinion. And the fact that you are calling my statements about drugs and dangerous situations "crazy" is not really impressive either. Girls in this business have all kinds of ridiculous experiences all the time that involve over aggressive guys or people on drugs. Its not "crazy" to warn a girl of this potential situation.

firemaiden04
02-20-2009, 10:16 AM
It is not crazy to warn girls of potential problems, but I wish you would have looked into the actual situation before coming up with all those what-ifs - only because they have all been accounted for in advance.

Looking into the situation probably wouldn't discount many what-ifs. If you tell every girl who's ever been assaulted or hurt while stripping for a guy that all those "what-if" situations were already addressed by management before she started working there, she'd tell you to shove it, and rightly so. Shit happens. Bouncers aren't always 100% aware and 100% in control--if they were, nothing violent would ever happen at any strip clubs. Ever. It's good that so many people are questioning the legitimacy and safety of this gig. It means they're smart, safe, and have their mind in the right place. So cut us some slack about the "what-ifs".

ModelCruises
02-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Looking into the situation probably wouldn't discount many what-ifs. If you tell every girl who's ever been assaulted or hurt while stripping for a guy that all those "what-if" situations were already addressed by management before she started working there, she'd tell you to shove it, and rightly so. Shit happens. Bouncers aren't always 100% aware and 100% in control--if they were, nothing violent would ever happen at any strip clubs. Ever. It's good that so many people are questioning the legitimacy and safety of this gig. It means they're smart, safe, and have their mind in the right place. So cut us some slack about the "what-ifs".

Fair enough... this is true of all clubs. Nobody can be 100% safe in life... so I agree, shit happens.

It is good for people to question the safety of this gig and every other, as you say.

My point (although I may have not stated it correctly) was that we actually have a metal detector and do a complete search of every patron... something not done at most clubs. We also have a guard on each boat that is beyond a normal strip club bouncer. We have ex-cops who can actually incapacitate an unruly/violent patron, restraining them until the police arrive.

I've been fortunate. In all the time we ran the club in Manhattan, no girl was ever assaulted... not once. We used the same harsh security on the customers we are using here. I think they behave because they know there are severe consequences once they've passed through the security and seen the guy who is trained to keep them in line. We're not talking a bouncer... we're talking a trained, professional security guard watching over a small party on each boat.

But I agree... always question security. That's why I take it so seriously as well.

nina888
02-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Hey thanks!! Like i said before....... these ideas sound great in theory but if run incorrectly can be disasters in reality. The more ground you cover before hand is always best ...... and it shows that you care about the girls safety, which is a huge plus!!!

I totally agree that the nightclub scene is always in need of fresh ideas and the new stuff usually does extremely well. I myself am in a strange situation at this moment as a dancer that i realize the average strip club scene has become dated and somewhat boring - both to the customers and the girls. Not to mention too many everyday people (aka non-customers) have started to frequent the clubs simply for the "cool" atmosphere. Its sickening at best and makes you feel cheap and unappreciated. The clubs that offer a different vibe do amazing while the dinasours (ahem Scores) die off to everyones shock (ahem rip off).

Like i said in the beginning- i also thought of the same idea and had a very very nice boat (built in pole and all) as well as uber-wealthy, intelligent, well mannered clientelle. The things that came up in respect to what i considered a brilliant idea are the points i thought important to make here.

That said....... i would still recommend any girl that is looking into this to really check out the situation (aka the boat and specific arrangements) in person BEFORE booking a shift. As convincing as things may sound there is always the possibility of foul play. I have seen it in Florida as well as New York (sheesh maby moreso there) and even uber conservative places like CT (aka outcall girls in the club). Bottom line is to make sure you are safe.

Lastly.......... i would get paid cash UP FRONT. Any club or model agency i have ever worked for that isnt a big time agency (aka Elite or Ford etc) has been a major pain in the ass about writing out checks if they arent offering cash up front. Dont buy into this crap about processing time and agency fees yada yada. Agencies usually take a cut of what you make- but smaller ones for independent ventures have been known to hold money up to 3 months before paying out. Some turn around and ask you to buy pictures with the money they are supposed to pay you!!! Worse one still will wait so long, knowing you are desperate to get paid- wont pay you what they owed you in full!!!!!! I am not saying this is your operations, but just giving a word to the wise. I have seen clubs pull this shit too. Shift pay is CASH UP FRONT. Dont be told otherwise and put your money somewhere that is for you only once you have it (maby carry a small purse)

Eric Stoner
02-21-2009, 12:45 PM
No, no misogynistic language there. Not at all.(insert sarcasm smiley here)
WTF???
I've met men that were far worse rumor spreaders than most of the women I know. A LOT of men like that.

I find it hard to believe a post like that is allowed to stand unchallenged on a board primarily geared toward women.

I feel oh so comfortable.

>END of threadjack; sorry.

What is your problem ? I stated a fact. Men are NOT allowed to post in Club Chat or PP Dancing REGARDLESS of how well informed and well intentioned they might be. Whether you like it or not there are a few of us ( "Golden Rule" stand up and take a bow) who are VERY pro-dancer and are a lot better wired in to the NYC Metro club & PP scene than most dancers. Rumor spreading and spouting of half baked information is NOT gender unique. In my experience and from reading this board there is a LOT of it. You can add in a LOT of wishful and wistful thinking about the "Good Old Days" of NYC clubs.

If it weren't the case then WHY would I make so many intros for ladies wanting to work a specific club or party ? If ALL the useful info came exclusively from other dancers then none would need my help and advice. Would they ?

So kindly check your facts and review MY posts and THEN opine.

laurcon
02-21-2009, 02:35 PM
i still don't see the appeal of this concept. esp with only beer and wine being self-serve in plastic cups... how is a "yacht" with "models" supposed to be so "informal"? i would generally think of a model cruise as something that might be somewhat formal.
and to me, informal is usually code for cheap.

lildreamer316
02-23-2009, 03:24 PM
What is your problem ? I stated a fact. Men are NOT allowed to post in Club Chat or PP Dancing REGARDLESS of how well informed and well intentioned they might be. Whether you like it or not there are a few of us ( "Golden Rule" stand up and take a bow) who are VERY pro-dancer and are a lot better wired in to the NYC Metro club & PP scene than most dancers. Rumor spreading and spouting of half baked information is NOT gender unique. In my experience and from reading this board there is a LOT of it. You can add in a LOT of wishful and wistful thinking about the "Good Old Days" of NYC clubs.

If it weren't the case then WHY would I make so many intros for ladies wanting to work a specific club or party ? If ALL the useful info came exclusively from other dancers then none would need my help and advice. Would they ?

So kindly check your facts and review MY posts and THEN opine.

This will be the last I say on this thread about an off-post subject. Just a note to the mods and an apology to the thread OP.

First of all, no matter how you read it, your statement comes off as misogynistic. Maybe people who have lots of experience with you may read it differently, but let's assume I am a new, young dancer who has just signed up on this website and is looking at all the information. How do you think "ONLY females are permitted to post in "Club Chat" and "Private Party Dancing" AND THIS SOMETIMES RESULTS IN rumor mongering and swapping of MISinformation as opposed to actual facts" SOUNDS? You are proposing that since only females post in a section, that can result in 'rumor mongering' and 'MISinformation' as 'opposed' to 'actual facts'..this implies that if MEN were allowed to post in this section, that would not happen. The phrase 'as opposed to' implies this.

I am not from NYC. I do not work in NYC. I, therefore,have not had much interest in what you have had to say or do on this board, since you are not a stripper. This is not meant as a personal attack, simply a statement of actual fact (ahem). So why would I give you the kind of leeway you obviously expect me to, when this board is primarily for women strippers? I wasn't aware I was supposed to treat men on this board with kid gloves, and not hold them to a standard in a place where I, as a stripper, am supposed to feel safe. I thought that this was a place to come to where I am not treated as I am in the club.

I'm glad that you have been such a help to the ladies in NYC. I am sure they are grateful as well. If I were there, I would be happy to have someone as invested in helping me make money as you obviously are. However, I feel you need to realize how your words come across and maybe rethink your phrasing. And I don't think that what you have done for the ladies in NYC has any bearing on the phrasing of your statement at all.

That's all I have to say about it; again, I apologize to the original poster of this thread and all others who have stayed on subject.

velvet
02-23-2009, 08:04 PM
yea i see stoner is still pissed he cant give all his" insider " info on SW. lol

Eric Stoner
02-24-2009, 05:34 PM
yea i see stoner is still pissed he cant give all his" insider " info on SW. lol

"Pissed" ? Not at all. I still read Club Chat and PP Dancing (and confining myself just to the Greater NYC scene) there are some posters who KNOW what they are talking about and a few who do not. Whether it be from inexperience; being misinformed or just plain old wishful thinking.

Velvet- YOU have made YOUR agenda very clear in the past and in fact you have gotten your wish. "CC" and "PP Dancing" are now exclusively female. I don't see that it's improved the overall accuracy of the posting one bit. It HAS kept out a few guys who obviously don't know what they're talking about vis a vis the dancing biz and I ALWAYS supported discouraging them from posting UNLESS they had something positive and useful to contribute.

All I care about are F A C T S. If I were a dancer seeking info that's all I would care about and it wouldn't matter to me one whit whether the source was male or female SO LONG AS THE INFO WAS GOOD. When you, or any other dancer gets a monopoly on true and accurate information, please let us know.

Eric Stoner
02-24-2009, 05:51 PM
This will be the last I say on this thread about an off-post subject. Just a note to the mods and an apology to the thread OP.

First of all, no matter how you read it, your statement comes off as misogynistic. Maybe people who have lots of experience with you may read it differently, but let's assume I am a new, young dancer who has just signed up on this website and is looking at all the information. How do you think "ONLY females are permitted to post in "Club Chat" and "Private Party Dancing" AND THIS SOMETIMES RESULTS IN rumor mongering and swapping of MISinformation as opposed to actual facts" SOUNDS? You are proposing that since only females post in a section, that can result in 'rumor mongering' and 'MISinformation' as 'opposed' to 'actual facts'..this implies that if MEN were allowed to post in this section, that would not happen. The phrase 'as opposed to' implies this.

I am not from NYC. I do not work in NYC. I, therefore,have not had much interest in what you have had to say or do on this board, since you are not a stripper. This is not meant as a personal attack, simply a statement of actual fact (ahem). So why would I give you the kind of leeway you obviously expect me to, when this board is primarily for women strippers? I wasn't aware I was supposed to treat men on this board with kid gloves, and not hold them to a standard in a place where I, as a stripper, am supposed to feel safe. I thought that this was a place to come to where I am not treated as I am in the club.

I'm glad that you have been such a help to the ladies in NYC. I am sure they are grateful as well. If I were there, I would be happy to have someone as invested in helping me make money as you obviously are. However, I feel you need to realize how your words come across and maybe rethink your phrasing. And I don't think that what you have done for the ladies in NYC has any bearing on the phrasing of your statement at all.

That's all I have to say about it; again, I apologize to the original poster of this thread and all others who have stayed on subject.

I could , if I had both the time and inclination, cite for you a few examples where there were "uncorrected" posts in both of those forums. Time was, a few of us who otherwise flunked the physical were able to contribute and our presence in those forums was at least tolerated if not universally appreciated. That is no longer the case and it was the Members of S-Web who wanted it that way. The majority ruled. Even before the change and absolute banning of men from those two forums, I took some advice and honest good faith critiques to heart and radically cut back on my posting in those forums. I went along to get along and tried to respect the desire of many of the ladies to have the "dancer perspective" emphasized. Rather than re-argue whether a dancer's view could magically transform a dead club into a happening place ( I'm NOT making this up ) suffice to say that it DID get that ridiculous on an occasion or two. You can go back and re-read for yourself where one or two dancers actually took the position that inaccurate information from a dancer was somehow better than more accurate info from a male non-dancer.

However, all that being said, I have re-read what I posted and I have to agree with you that I could have and should have been a little more artful in my phrasing so that a fair reading would not result in the interpretation that the exclusion of informed men led to the posting of misinformation. I APOLOGIZE. Clearly, one does not necessarily follow the other and any impression to that effect which I inadvertently created was wrong and inaccurate. What I WAS trying to say was that a factual corrective from the actual owner of the facility in question might have been helpful. Instead there was just a lot of surmise and conjecture. It was my fault for not being more clear.

nina888
02-24-2009, 06:59 PM
:yawn:

Otoki
03-03-2009, 04:45 AM
I stated a fact. Men are NOT allowed to post in Club Chat or PP Dancing REGARDLESS of how well informed and well intentioned they might be.
Actually, I was under the impression that non-dancers, male or female, are not allowed to post. Surely we must have some male dancers on this site.

Either way, there wasn't a flood of misinformation in that thread. There was speculation on the risks one might run into, largely due to lack of info on the website (how/where dances are done, how they do alcohol, whether or not you'd be in international waters, contact rules) and the crappy payment they originally had (100 for 3 hours, which included at least one dance, and you were supposed to negotiate with the customer ON THE BOAT about any additional money).

Even with the additional info, I'm still not sold (there still hasn't been anything about contact levels/rules, for example). I'd have to hear in detail from multiple dancers who did this before I considered it. Plus, I found the way he ridiculed some of our safety concerns to be really irritating. I would hope that someone who's super pro-security would have acknowledged said concerns, not joked about them.

Eric Stoner
03-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Actually, I was under the impression that non-dancers, male or female, are not allowed to post. Surely we must have some male dancers on this site.

Either way, there wasn't a flood of misinformation in that thread. There was speculation on the risks one might run into, largely due to lack of info on the website (how/where dances are done, how they do alcohol, whether or not you'd be in international waters, contact rules) and the crappy payment they originally had (100 for 3 hours, which included at least one dance, and you were supposed to negotiate with the customer ON THE BOAT about any additional money).

Even with the additional info, I'm still not sold (there still hasn't been anything about contact levels/rules, for example). I'd have to hear in detail from multiple dancers who did this before I considered it. Plus, I found the way he ridiculed some of our safety concerns to be really irritating. I would hope that someone who's super pro-security would have acknowledged said concerns, not joked about them.

Above those forums it clearly says : "FEMALE". Posting is clearly limited to FEMALE dancers, ex-dancers and wannabes.

I NEVER said there was a "flood of misinformation". Just the usual surmise and conjecture.

All that being said, I AGREE that a LOT of legitimate questions and concerns have not been addressed and left open. Additionally, from a CUSTOMER'S POV, I am trying to understand the allure of the whole concept. Why would custies be enticed to do this ? What if the weather is lousy ?

Otoki
03-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Above those forums it clearly says : "FEMALE". Posting is clearly limited to FEMALE dancers, ex-dancers and wannabes.
Ah, you're right. That seems rather strange to me, but I do prefer the current system to having a fucking flame war every time some idiot like abcd wants to criticize us for not giving the most "bang for the buck", or refusing to dance for cheaper to make the customer happy, etc etc etc. While there are many male members on this site who have good info to contribute, starting a thread like this is the best way to do that. You can always ask one of your dancer friends to link it into the OT.

I NEVER said there was a "flood of misinformation". Just the usual surmise and conjecture.[quote]
This is what you said:
[quote=Eric Stoner;1781257]Welcome and many thanks for providing FACTS.

Like I said, the only "misinformation" was due to the vagueness of the website. As for rumor-mongering, there was none. We had no rumors to expand on:P

All that being said, I AGREE that a LOT of legitimate questions and concerns have not been addressed and left open. Additionally, from a CUSTOMER'S POV, I am trying to understand the allure of the whole concept. Why would custies be enticed to do this ? What if the weather is lousy ?
Yeah, I really don't get this. If the boat's not moving, wtf is the point? You may as well be sitting outside on the patio of a nice club instead. I honestly think, especially based on the lack of clarification on contact levels, that the allure is supposed to be lax contact rules.

Eric Stoner
03-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Ah, you're right. That seems rather strange to me, but I do prefer the current system to having a fucking flame war every time some idiot like abcd wants to criticize us for not giving the most "bang for the buck", or refusing to dance for cheaper to make the customer happy, etc etc etc. While there are many male members on this site who have good info to contribute, starting a thread like this is the best way to do that. You can always ask one of your dancer friends to link it into the OT.

[quote]I NEVER said there was a "flood of misinformation". Just the usual surmise and conjecture.[quote]
This is what you said:

Like I said, the only "misinformation" was due to the vagueness of the website. As for rumor-mongering, there was none. We had no rumors to expand on:P

Yeah, I really don't get this. If the boat's not moving, wtf is the point? You may as well be sitting outside on the patio of a nice club instead. I honestly think, especially based on the lack of clarification on contact levels, that the allure is supposed to be lax contact rules.

Since we're in substantial agreement, why quibble ?

Otoki
03-10-2009, 03:28 PM
[quote=Otoki;1785042]
Since we're in substantial agreement, why quibble ?
Agreeing on some things doesn't mean I shouldn't explain why I disagree with you on others. Frankly, your post got my hackles up (not for "sexist!" reasons, but because I thought it was dismissive). That's all.