PDA

View Full Version : Putting baby making on hold..... again

Gemini_Syn
02-27-2009, 04:23 PM
We've been trying for 16 months now and it's not working out. I stopped dancing so much and lost some weight but we have not had any luck getting pregnant. He's frustrated with our income right now which is understandable and I'm starting to agree. Until we get situated better, no more unprotected baby making.

There is only one benefit to being on the pill besides not getting pg right now, I can work around my cycle. BUT that means more time on the road.

Just a little frustrated.

Postmodern Cinderella
02-28-2009, 12:52 PM
oh, I really feel you on this.

I'm getting to baby making age myself. I think about having kids every day, but right now with the economy I really worry if it will ever happen.

My bf had testicular cancer a while back, so its going to be difficult for us to conceive when we actually decide we're ready. Also living in Detroit is super tough, job wise, and he's very concerned about our finances. He actually said to me just last night he's not sure if we should ever have kids.

I've been thinking about adopting or fostering in the next few years if babies don't happen for us. Have you ever thought about that?

andiwillbe
02-28-2009, 05:56 PM
I couldn't read your posts and not respond. ((((hugs)))) is all I have.

Just remember to think positive about conceiving. The psyche is a very powerful thing :-)

Oh, and I also recommend the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility." I really think all women should read this, whether they are trying to get pregnant or not.

G/L!

Kaiyla
03-07-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm sorry that you are frustrated. I can imagine that must be really difficult. Guys are very sensitive about "providing" sometimes, it seems. I don't know if this is an issue for you and your guy, but you did mention the income situation. In my experience, guys feel this need to be good providers, and if they think they're not bringing in adequate income, they want to halt other life-changes like marriage/having a baby. Did you both come to the agreement to stop trying together, or was it one more than the other?

Kylea2
03-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Are you sure you really want to be pregnant again, or do you want more children. Right now with the economy being down I bet there are a ton of children who need homes...

If you really want your own though, I would say try to wait until the economy goes back up and you are both situated better financially... then go see a fertility doctor.

Gemini_Syn
03-26-2009, 08:57 PM
I do want to have another child, maybe 2 more. I cannot adopt for reasons I refuse to get into, they are too personal.

Hubby has a great job and has had it for 12 years now, he pays all the bills and I work to pay off my truck and buy things for our house. We are not flat broke but we are not where we want to be.

I think what is really going on is that he's scared. All my kids are from my ex-hubby, so J has not been through the baby/pregnancy part of the whole thing. He thinks kids are great but when his nieces were babies, he stayed away from them when it came time for baby care. He wants to have a baby with me but they scare the hell out of him.

We now have another agreement, and this one is a little better I think. I owe less than $5K on the truck yet and I've agreed to wait to see my OBGYN about my fertility issues until that's paid off and I have some in savings. We both like this option much better.

So I need to get my butt in gear, pay off the truck, put money away, and have lots and lots of sex!

goldengrl69
03-27-2009, 10:00 PM
oh hun, I wish you all the luck in the world with having more babies.It'll come,I like your way of thinking (lots and lots of sex!)