PDA

View Full Version : Hallandale Beach Cheetah Strip Club closed after raided.

mysteryman
03-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Hallandale Beach strip bar closed after police raid

19 at Cheetah club arrested on prostitution, drug charges

By Macollvie Jean-François |South Florida Sun Sentinel
3:17 PM EDT, March 9, 2009

HALLANDALE BEACH - Police raided a strip club and shut it down after accusing its managers and dancers of offering more than lap dances to its customers.
Police said they made 19 arrests at the Cheetah club at 100 Ansin Blvd. early Saturday morning. The club had been under investigation for two years by Hallandale police's Vice Intelligence and Narcotics Unit and the state's Department of Business and Professional Regulation, police spokesman Andrew Casper said.
At about 12:30 a.m. Saturday, a SWAT team burst into the club. They searched the business and presented managers with an emergency order to suspend operations, Casper said.

Then, Casper said, officers and agents arrested 16 adult dancers on suspicion of solicitation of prostitution, two managers on charges of running a house of prostitution, and one person on suspicion of delivery of illicit narcotics.

It is not yet known how long the business will be shut down. The names of those arrested were not released.

Under Florida law, Casper said, authorities can suspend operations at any business that threatens the public's safety, health or welfare.

veronicachick
03-10-2009, 12:45 PM
o man. I used to work there a few months ago.
thank god I wasn't there for this raid. so much for going back in the summer.lol.

Nakita Kash
03-11-2009, 01:53 PM
it was only a matter of time. who's next?

Torrential_Downpours
03-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Just wanted to add my two cents, since I work at the club across the street...

They've reopened the club but their liquor license is suspended for a month. The only juice bar in So FL!

Kylea2
03-14-2009, 11:53 PM
Why is it that I always here about the raids in FL and never anywhere else? Those poor dancers. As much as I want to go to FL all the raids could scare even the cleanest dancers away.

velvet
03-15-2009, 05:11 PM
it is very uncommon in south florida for raids. this one has a reputation. somone pissed the wrong person off i would think.
the other raids you probably heard about was outside of tampa. doing a little cleanup.
it really isnt common in fl only in my county..... we get hit about every 4-7 months. it's a ticket and not everyone gets one.

head turner
03-15-2009, 05:37 PM
its about damn time. This was well deserved.

dance77
03-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Any Cheetah clubs I worked at had major A-hole managers....it was probaly a well deserved bust I'm sure.

veronicachick
03-15-2009, 11:42 PM
Just wanted to add my two cents, since I work at the club across the street...

They've reopened the club but their liquor license is suspended for a month. The only juice bar in So FL!

besides madonnas.lol.
have you by any chance noticed if there are a lot less customers there now after this raid?

mysteryman
03-16-2009, 05:42 AM
Its sounds like the owner no longer has friends in high places.

CKXXX
03-16-2009, 07:43 AM
Its sounds like the owner no longer has friends in high places.
Or more likely the check to one of those "friends" bounced!

There arent too many raids around here. I wish there were more honestly...it might clear out some of the crackheads and hookers and get the biz back to where it was 8 yrs ago. But too many pockets are lined for that to happen.

nina888
03-28-2009, 10:40 PM
I mean lets be real here. EVERY club in south florida is dirty with the exception of MAYBE Rhino palm beach, Rachels (iffy at this point), Lion's Den, and Scarletts. Even those i wonder cus you always here stories about guys who are willing to pay enough greasing wheels. But those ones aside, I am confident in saying every other small or large club in south florida offers extras as part of the daily operations. Raids are actually rare and after years of working in all kinds of ridiculously crazy environments (normal sex aside, lol) I noticed that the places that would get raided were the ones who took the law to be a joke and acted a fool. Cheetah Hallandale would be the perfect example of this case. Any girl who has worked there I am sure is familiar with the specific types or girls that are marketed at this club and the types of "friends" they invite in for the circus side show. I dont give a shit about girls having sex in the champagne room. Hearing the compaints about it is actually redundant at this point. What i get pissed off about is the violent low life attitudes of the girls who think they run the club because they have a pimp and do as much extras as they can manage in a days time. It creates a sleazy dangerous environment for the girls who keep the club looking like a club rather than a brothel and only attracts more and more shitty clientelle as well. I feel like i have been dodging this psycho shit in south florida for years now and am actually glad to see cheetah hallandale put out there as an example.

That said...... I feel bad for all the girls who were just doing their thing there and ended up in the mix of something that wasnt meant for them. I am imagining this will mean more business for tootsies and solid gold.

Actually has anyone considered that this may be some weird behind the scenes play to get business over to the New Crazy Horse that had opened?? That place is a monstrosity of a space that seems to have just been forgotten about before it even opened ??

mysteryman
03-29-2009, 08:14 AM
Latest published story in Miami New Times.

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2009/03/hallandale_vice_gets_busy_in_t.php

nina888
03-29-2009, 05:51 PM
that link sent me to a spyware site??? wtf?

mysteryman
03-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Nina888 I have not a clue what you are talking about, thats a direct link to the article on Miami New Times webiste. I just tried it right off the thread and it works just fine.

So here is the article copied off the site since you are paranoid about something your over active mircosoft shield is saying its something when it is not.

Hallandale Vice Gets Busy in the Champagne Room

By Francisco Alvarado in Banana Republican (http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/banana_republican/)
Friday, Mar. 27 2009 @ 9:07AM
http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/br1.jpgOn March 7, just a half-hour past midnight, stormtroopers from the Hallandale Beach Police Department and the Florida Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco raided the Cheetah gentlemen's club.

The cops busted 16 dancers and two managers, arresting the girls on prostitution charges and the managers for allegedly running a whorehouse. The officers also nabbed a patron holding a baggie of cocaine. Mighty fine work for a two-year undercover investigation. But I feel bad for those poor undercover detectives who had to figure out which girls provided "special performances" in the champagne room.

The state's Department of Business and Professional Regulation suspended the Cheetah's liquor license, and the club's owner has since closed the strip joint. No word on when it will reopen.

Banana Republican recently sat down with one of the strippers who was not arrested to get a blow-by-blow account of what went down during the raid. We're not publishing her real name, so we'll just call her "Siege." Hallandale Police spokesman Andrew Casper declined to comment about Siege's story. He also refused to provide New Times with the names of the strippers and managers who were busted, citing an ongoing investigation.

Anyway, here's what Siege had to say:

It was so scary, but some of the things that happened that night were pretty comical. I had just finished getting dressed and signed in to go out on the floor and make my rounds. When I turned around, I had a big gun in my face and saw this procession of people in ski masks coming through the front.

At first, I thought we were being held up, but when the DJ stopped playing music and they turned on the lights, I figured out it was the cops. The club was packed because we still had day- and night-shift girls there. I would say there were 60 dancers. They took all the women, including the waitresses, the house mom, the makeup artist, and a couple of female customers and put all of us in the Cheetah's sports bar.

The girls they singled out, they called them "keepers." They wrote "39" on a piece of paper and stuck it on their shoulders. They made each one of the dancers step forward, and dudes who had their faces covered would nod their heads yes when they recognized a girl they claimed were prostituting. They were also snapping photographs of everyone.

Some of the customers were acting stupid. One customer was being belligerent with the cops, so they took him to the ground and cuffed him. There was a random baggie of coke on the floor. A guy picked it up and giave it to one of the officers. Then the cops cuffed him even though the coke wasn't his.

Some of the girls were freaking out. My legs were shaking so hard from being nervous. The girl standing next to me passed out, and they had to call paramedics for her. They brought in two drug-sniffing dogs and didn't find anything.

They tossed the locker room so bad. They just threw everything on the floor. And then they only gave us two minutes to get our stuff. A lot of girls left in their stripper clothes because they couldn't find their belongings.

They asked us questions like who do we work for? Who is our boss? They asked us who was selling drugs and if the management knew about any drug sales. I told them no. And even if I did know, I wouldn't tell them.

They were trying to entrap us. But everyone knows a stripper doesn't have a boss. We are licensed by the state as independent contractors. We do our own work schedule. Those managers they arrested aren't pimps.

There were a few girls in there that had their own pimps. The Cheetah used to have a lot of pimps coming through there, but a lot of them outgrew it and moved on to bigger spots like Tootsie's or Solid Gold, where the clientele is richer.

nina888
03-31-2009, 03:25 PM
Yeh i suspected my computer was being oversensitive (its a mac btw) but its still annoying when it pops up all this crap cus its almost always on links ppl send me?? strange.

good article btw. I am sure the cops who handled this situation were total douchebags about it, that goes without saying. At the end of the day it seems we all live in such extremes instead of reasonable situations. I never condone snitching or police activity persay but i just hate it when you see people trying to become the "law" in their own right, even though the way they do things is totally insane. I have found south florida to become such a ghetto nasty place due to the fact that every posing wannabe thinks he is a rapper or gangster. the clubs like cheetah hallandale where so nasty with the way they would do things. The one in West Palm is waaaaaaaay better and i almost dont see them as the same company.

Christyismyalias
03-31-2009, 07:28 PM
It could happen to any of us. My club is great, very very clean and yet I still hear stories from customers about certain girls giving extras and all it takes is one girl doing the wrong customer... Good luck to everyone who does their job properly and hopefully we don't get dragged down with this BS.

ViolaStrings
04-15-2009, 06:25 PM
South Florida is SO notoriously filthy. I'm surprised there aren't more raids. I guess a lot of palms get greased. At Pure Platinum/Solid Gold I would see girls in $300 dresses giving $100 blow jobs. NO THANKS. Just do outcall and make more money in less time, hookahs.

Danielle_4370
04-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Place called Flesh in So Cal got closed down for months for giving "extras." They'd been in a long battle with the city that didn't want them there. But they just re-opened as a topless club (they were nude). So that means they get to serve alcohol! }:D

Don't know if the extras are still going. Because it's topless, people say no. But the management hasn't changed, really, so I can't see what keeping their thong on will do to clean up the VIP rooms.

RedDixieCup
05-09-2009, 09:12 PM
South Florida is SO notoriously filthy. I'm surprised there aren't more raids. I guess a lot of palms get greased. At Pure Platinum/Solid Gold I would see girls in $300 dresses giving $100 blow jobs. NO THANKS. Just do outcall and make more money in less time, hookahs.
That's what I've noticed since moving to South Florida...seems like there is some shady shit going down everywhere, and I've seen more men's wangs out in the open in the club than I ever have in my entire life....

Gia2608
05-11-2009, 09:34 PM
That's scary, I almost went to audition there but decided not to because of all the extras and went somewhere else instead. Saved my police record!

katie941
05-12-2009, 08:50 AM
this place was very deserving of this. so gross. i went there awhile back and what has been seen cannot be unseen O_O