PDA

View Full Version : Argh! Family....

Syrran
03-13-2009, 04:50 PM
So, I've been stripping for a year I don't live with my parents but I was in a bad car crash and was out of work for a while, my funds dried up and I had to rely on them. Now I can go back to work ( albeit not for as long or as hard as I was doing) and support myself but my parents are VERY nosy people and get angry if I'm not around all the time (oh and push reviewing my taxes every year wtf?!) .

I don't know what kind of lie to tell them that would be those hours ( they know I can't work around food or babysit without getting sick and freaked out and I'm still under 21 and would probably hate a bar as well,) and bring in cash instead of a check....This is why I hate lying....but obviously if I still need their help every once in a while I can't risk them disowning me. Plus...I love my parents go figure.

Any ideas on what to say?

Apollopink
03-14-2009, 09:45 PM
say youre an overnight dogsitter?

Jaden_GD
03-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Say you work for an inventory company. They go to department stores and grocery stores, and only do it when the stores are closed, so that would definitely explain the weird hours. You could also say that they pay you well because it's the overnight shift.
That's what I plan to do anyway! Best of luck.

Jaden_GD
03-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Oh and I just wanted to add something..as far as not having any checks to bring to the bank, just say your work does direct deposit. And you probably already know this, but do not be flashy with your money. That'll definitely get their attention.

Syrran
03-18-2009, 04:48 PM
Thanks guys....I really need to get my taxes in order boy! Maybe I should start up an account strictly for my stripping money and despoit only that so I can keep track of how much I make. To the dollar den I go...

Kylea2
03-18-2009, 08:34 PM
First, I'm big on not lying. Second, just have a professional do your taxes and tell them you don't need them to look it over.

Syrran
03-18-2009, 11:36 PM
...neither am I...which I state in there, but if you grow up with devout catholic parents who would disown you and you can't bare to lose them......

Ruby Ruckus
03-18-2009, 11:52 PM
parents always threaten to disown you, but i'd say 75-80% of them won't actually do it. it's one last way to keep you under their control when you're legally an adult. they might be mad for awhile, but almost everyone gets over it.

pixierocksonthepole
03-18-2009, 11:59 PM
yeah I felt that my parents would disown me too. My mom was upset over it for a little bit but not to the point that she wouldn't talk to me. My dad took it surprisingly well and said he already knew that was what i was doing based on how much i spent on christmas that year. didn't mean to spend a lot but i wanted to show my gratitude and appreciation and i over did it a little bit.

i understand how you feel and where you are coming from. but honesty really is the best policy. and times are changing and so are societies ideals about things like this. more and more people are becoming open minded about it and accepting it instead of looking down on it.

i cant come up with something to tell them because i am really really bad at making up lies lol. sorry but good luck.

Syrran
03-20-2009, 12:10 AM
These are people who would make me sleep in the hallway if my room wasn't spotless and kicked me out before I graduated high school. My mother will go months without talking to me over the most trivial things...needless to say our relationship is rocky as it is....but hey they're my folks.

Kylea2
03-20-2009, 12:51 AM
You have to make your choices. If you love them that much and really care what they think, then maybe dancing isn't right for you. On the other hand they might stop speaking to you for a few years and then get over it.