PDA

View Full Version : The Journey

journeyers
03-13-2009, 07:48 PM
I learned about this site through a entertainer that I met in GA. I wanted to post my blog on here thinking that it would get some more exposure, I hope this isn't against any rules.

The blog is about me and my buddy from college travelling the nation visiting strip clubs. It is our goal to visit atleast one club in each state, and DC. So far we've done 18 since we started in July 08. We have plans to go to several more in the next few months.

If anyone has suggestions in Denver, CO, Jackson,MS New Orleans, LA or Pensacola,FL we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Chip

Winged Dinghy
03-14-2009, 12:44 AM
If anyone has suggestions in Denver, CO, Jackson,MS New Orleans, LA or Pensacola,FL we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Chip

http://oneinallfifty.blogspot.com/

I work at Scores in New Orleans, so of course I will recommend that you visit there. ;D

journeyers
03-15-2009, 02:29 PM
We are planning to hit up Jackson, MS, New Orleans and Pensacola over the Memorial day holiday. We'll definitely check out scores in NOLA.

Thanks

WiseGuy_TX
03-15-2009, 02:47 PM
...how about posting a pic of the outside front of the clubs you visit.

Winged Dinghy
03-17-2009, 05:56 PM
We are planning to hit up Jackson, MS, New Orleans and Pensacola over the Memorial day holiday. We'll definitely check out scores in NOLA.

Thanks

cool! PM me when you do.

Crow2
03-18-2009, 08:10 AM
I work in Jackson Ms ... So.

yoda57us
03-18-2009, 11:58 AM
I work in Jackson Ms ... So.

I am suddenly sooooooo jealous of these guys....

rockie
03-18-2009, 01:11 PM
Yoda: You've done your own version! Many visits to many clubs - in many states!

The journeyers quest is still admirable and impressive!

Kylea2
03-19-2009, 10:55 AM
If you want any info on Denver or San Francisco clubs PM me.

journeyers
03-21-2009, 10:15 AM
We will definitely PM everyone before we visit each of these cities, currently we have plans for

Easter
Denver-Kylea2
Cheyenne, WY-any suggestions

Memorial Day
Jackson MS-Crow2
New Orleans-Winged Dinghy
Pensacola- Any ideas?

We are planning a multi state trip for Labor day to
Tulsa, OK,
Minneapolis,MN
Sioux Falls, SD
Fargo, ND

We are looking for ideas for 4th of July, we are thinking Boston or San Fran any other ideas would be great.

As far as pictures we've been reluctant to take a lot in front of the clubs since we didn't know the rules, can any one advise on this? I've attached the ones that we did take

Silk was in Milwaukee, check blog for review. This Oasis was in Philly, and the Gold Club was in Wilmington, DE.

Thanks for everyones help and suggestions please check out our blog as we update previous trips.

Thanks

Chip

WiseGuy_TX
03-21-2009, 03:07 PM
As far as pictures we've been reluctant to take a lot in front of the clubs since we didn't know the rules, can any one advise on this?...you can take pics all day long if you are standing on city street property when you take the pics. Sorta like how the news reporters film busts for the nightly news. That way they are not on private property when filming. Beside, i doubt anyone will hunt you down if you take an outside pic on their property.

I'm always curious what the clubs look like. A run down trailer shack, converted warehouse, marble palace, whatever....

Lovely Ush
03-21-2009, 04:53 PM
I didn't see New Mexico on your list. Let me know if you're passing through Albuquerque, you should check out my club. ;D

journeyers
03-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Yeah good point about the pictures, I have some more just not with me. There are several places that we visited before the inception of the journey so we don't have pictures of those places. I'll post some more, and maybe attach them to each review.

New Mexico is in consideration for the July 4th trip, it would be part of a multi state journey including AZ and UT.

If anyone has any suggestions please let us know. We try to make the trips as efficient as possible to keep from making excessive flights.

Also if anyone knows of good clubs in Kansas City, MO where Matt lives or Huntsville, AL where I live we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Chip

journeyers
03-25-2009, 04:46 PM
I found some more pictures this was the Deja Vu that we went to in Kalamazoo, MI.

Any other help with clubs in Albuquerque, Phoenix, AZ or Salt Lake City, UT?

Thanks for the help

Kylea2
03-25-2009, 05:09 PM
...you can take pics all day long if you are standing on city street property when you take the pics. Sorta like how the news reporters film busts for the nightly news. That way they are not on private property when filming. Beside, i doubt anyone will hunt you down if you take an outside pic on their property.

I'm always curious what the clubs look like. A run down trailer shack, converted warehouse, marble palace, whatever....

That's not fully true. Media is an exception to the rule, but they are not credentialed media. While you can take a general photo from the street of a group of buildings, legally you aren't supposed to photograph a single building without the consents of the property owner. Of course people ignore that all the time because they don't know any better and in most instances the owner/manager of the property doesn't care... but if they did you could end up in a legal battle.

WiseGuy_TX
03-25-2009, 06:54 PM
That's not fully true. Media is an exception to the rule, but they are not credentialed media. While you can take a general photo from the street of a group of buildings, legally you aren't supposed to photograph a single building without the consents of the property owner. Of course people ignore that all the time because they don't know any better and in most instances the owner/manager of the property doesn't care... but if they did you could end up in a legal battle....not true although i can understand your concern about copyrights & prints. Imagine all the millions of personal pics of the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Stadiums, etc... floating around various forums.

"Architectural works are protected by copyright to some degree, but in most countries you may photograph a building, if the building is located in a public place or is visible from a public place. You may also publish and distribute the photo without permission."

"Only buildings created after December 1, 1990 are protected by copyright. Fortunately for photographers, the copyright in an architectural work does not include the right to prevent others from making and distributing photos of the constructed building, if the building is located in a public place or is visible from a public place. So you don't need permission to stand on a public street and photograph a public building. (http://photo.net/business-photography-forum/00CEfA)"

"If you took the picture, you own the copyright (with exceptions, if you were hired to take it). As for the copyright in the buildings, it's true that architecture created after 1990 is protected under copyright law, but that's not an issue for you because there is an exception that permits you to photograph and publish constructed buildings that are publicly viewable. (That's not true if you must trespass on private property to photograph the building.) (http://www.patentcopyrighttrademarkblog.com/2008/08/do-you-need-permission-to-publ.html)"

minnow
03-25-2009, 08:23 PM
I found some more pictures this was the Deja Vu that we went to in Kalamazoo, MI.

Any other help with clubs in Albuquerque, Phoenix, AZ or Salt Lake City, UT?

Thanks for the help

ABQ- I was happy with both TD's clubs the last time I was there- its been a few yrs, though.

PHX- There's more clubs there than you can shake a stick at. How about telling us your particular preferences (high end, honky tonk, topless, nude, dayshift, nightshift, etc), maybe we could give you a better idea. I met a pinkie & a bluie at 2 different clubs- I'm sure some PHX residents will chip in here, and can tell you more than I could

SLC- Mormon Temple.

journeyers
03-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Matt just posted an article on the blog about preferences. Overall I like the fun type of clubs, the high end ones are nice and the girls are super hot but overall the fun type clubs are the best IMHO we like to chill drink a few beers and watch the girls dance and relax. We are planning on visiting clubs in all the afore mentioned clubs at night so a good nightshift is preferable.

Thanks for your help and check out our blog at oneinallfifty.blogspot.com

Chip

minnow
03-26-2009, 06:54 PM
Matt just posted an article on the blog about preferences. Overall I like the fun type of clubs, the high end ones are nice and the girls are super hot but overall the fun type clubs are the best IMHO we like to chill drink a few beers and watch the girls dance and relax. We are planning on visiting clubs in all the afore mentioned clubs at night so a good nightshift is preferable.

Thanks for your help and check out our blog at oneinallfifty.blogspot.com

Chip
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Based on that, I'd say Babes, either Christies club, or Bourbon St. Circus would be your best bets. Babes & Christies are high endish without being too snooty. If you & bud are feeling adventuresome, Great Alaskan Bush(NW Grand Ave), or Centerfolds might be worth a shot. Both clubs have topless & nude sides. Alcohol is only served on topless side (juice bar nude side), but 1 can circulate freely between either side(sans drinks). The "stage dives" on nude side ABCO is but 1 way to broaden your horizons. Another honorable mention place would be the day/happy hour shift at HiLiter. One of my (and another sw member) faves. Awaiting TR......8)

journeyers
03-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Hey everyone,

Chip has done most of the blogging and posting on here. I have been slacking but I figure it's time for me to say something too!

Thanks for all of the help so far! It's been a huge help.

We are planing on being in Denver and Cheyene, WY next weekend. We have already gotten a lot of advice on Denver, and we are pretty sure we dont have a choice in WY haha!

Minnow - Are any of the clubs you rec. in PHX close to each other (less than 5-10 miles)? It might be worth trying out more than one.
Also, we are planning on spending a day in ABQ....is there any sightseeing stuff you can rec?
We are going to spend some time in Park City the rest of the time, but would be open to checking out something in SLC if there is something worth checking out.

Thanks again for everyone's help and we look forward to writing the reviews on the blog.

Matt

Lovely Ush
04-08-2009, 05:14 PM
When are you coming through ABQ? You need to come to my club. ;D PM me for directions.

journeyers
05-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Reviews of clubs in Denver CO and WY are posted. The MS LA FL trip is approaching quickly and it should be a blast.

Chip

journeyers
06-24-2009, 04:52 PM
The plan for the SW trip is to take Southwest Airlines flights to Phoenix on Wednesday 7/1 then to Albuquerque on 7/2 and stay in Salt Lake City from 7/3-7/5 any suggestions for any of these places would be greatly appreciated.

Were half way there.

bumrubber
06-27-2009, 08:58 PM
That's not fully true. Media is an exception to the rule, but they are not credentialed media. While you can take a general photo from the street of a group of buildings, legally you aren't supposed to photograph a single building without the consents of the property owner. Of course people ignore that all the time because they don't know any better and in most instances the owner/manager of the property doesn't care... but if they did you could end up in a legal battle.

Kylea2,

You're almost on the right track but that's not how it works either.

It's all about a concept called "fair use," and whether the photo is being used for reportage. If it's not reportage, then the "owner" of the image can stop you from using it.

For example, if I'm reporting on strip clubs and I take a photo of the outside of your club for my article about it, then the owner of your club can't do anything about it. But if I use that same photo as artwork for the header on my blog, then it's not reportage but commercial use. In that case the club owner could ask me for a royalty, or to stop using it.

On private property, people can be thrown out for any reason, including taking photos that the owner doesn't want taken. This happens all the time, from your strip club to the local mall.

But you can go across the street from that mall, and take all the pictures of it that you want.

There's really no such thing as "credentialed media." All it means is that someone thinks you're important enough, on that day, to give you a press pass. This is different for every occasion. In or around your strip club, Ted Koppel and Joe Blogger have exactly the same rights -- and the same problems with surly people who don't want to be photographed, including BS lawsuits.

BTDT, over 20 years' worth.

Lovely Ush
07-01-2009, 03:19 PM
The plan for the SW trip is to take Southwest Airlines flights to Phoenix on Wednesday 7/1 then to Albuquerque on 7/2 and stay in Salt Lake City from 7/3-7/5 any suggestions for any of these places would be greatly appreciated.

Were half way there.

I PMed you my club and sightseeing info around Albuquerque. Let me know if you didn't receive my PM. :) Hope to see you guys. Have a blast in the land of enchantment! ;D

journeyers
07-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Our visit to the Southwest was a raging success, the new posts are online with reviews of the three clubs that we visited. A special thanks to Lovely Ush for suggestions about activities in Albuquerque. We are working on planning our next trip, possibly a ski trip to the Carolinas this coming winter. Although if anyone has any suggestions please let us know.

Thanks

Chip

Lovely Ush
07-10-2009, 03:47 AM
Our visit to the Southwest was a raging success, the new posts are online with reviews of the three clubs that we visited. A special thanks to Lovely Ush for suggestions about activities in Albuquerque. We are working on planning our next trip, possibly a ski trip to the Carolinas this coming winter. Although if anyone has any suggestions please let us know.

Thanks

Chip

It was great to meet you guys! Come visit again sometime. :)

journeyers
12-19-2009, 02:26 PM
The winter time trip is now planned, going through Atlanta again on our way to Greeneville, SC and Charlotte, NC. From what I've heard from folks the Carolinas should be top 5, so I'm pretty excited about it.

journeyers
12-27-2009, 06:40 PM
So any suggestions for Atlanta, Greeneville, SC or Charlotte, NC? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

minnow
12-27-2009, 08:11 PM
"j"- Have you considered joining Tuscl? Has the most useful customer oriented reviews out there, imo.Even if you don't join, you can click on city, and get map overview & listing of clubs.

Can't help you much there, except ATL. Were you planning to just "pass through" there, or were you planning an stayover? The only 2 clubs that I've been to there are Cheetah, & Goldrush.

Cheetah has the best eye candy & an upscale lean to it. One consideration for choosing it might be its proximity to a MARTA (light rail) stop- a consideration if you & bud are planning to do a bunch of drinking. If you're staying at airport area hotel, no problem, van will take you to airport MARTA stop in 1 of terminals. Cheetah is downtown & easily visible from interstate- not too far from I75/I85 juncture/split.

Goldrush has a more casual atmosphere to it, and its not too far off interstate exit.

You Know Me
12-27-2009, 11:36 PM
So any suggestions for Atlanta, Greeneville, SC or Charlotte, NC? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Oasis in Atlanta. I like the setup best...125.00 vip rooms or should i say boxes, but hey they are very private.