PDA

View Full Version : boyfriends family found out

jennys28
03-17-2009, 05:17 AM
I need some advice... I've been dating someone for about 5 months now, and we are really happy. The only problem is his x-wife has been running her mouth to the rest of his family about my job, and of course they all have something bad to say about it! What can I say, what should I do? He tells them I'm a good person, but they don't care.

bexxx
03-17-2009, 05:44 AM
If it doesnt bother him..I say screw them!
I know in an ideal world you want your bf's family to like you but you can't control their closed minds lol

Try not to worry about it and when you are around them just be as you always are and be polite etc try to look past their opinions because Im sure if you and your bf last they will learn to accept it because you make him happy!
And if they don't then there is nothing you can really do about it anyway.
But like I said if it doesnt bother him then it doesnt matter because youre with him not his family x

verfolgung
03-17-2009, 07:54 AM
^^^ Pretty much what she said.

It sucks that the x-wife is being such an asshole.

Sounds like he's doing the right thing in standing up for you, so that's cool. Ultimately all that really matters is what you mean to each other. If you make each other happy, then to hell with what they think.

They're probably just like most people, and basing everything off of social stereotypes. All you can do is be yourself and show them the type of person you really are.

If it turns out they don't like you, then the dancing will just be something additional to hold against you. If they see you make each other happy, and that your good for each other, then they won't be able to hold their prejudices against you forever.

(Part of me wonders if his dad is secretly impressed with his son, but just showing dissapointment to save face in front of the other family members. Heh.)

glambman
03-17-2009, 02:09 PM
If someone is going to be negative and is only going to 'bring you down', don't keep them in your life. Your b'f needs to tell them he is an adult and can make his own good choices in life and that they need to stop saying anything about it to him (or in front of him) otherwise it could hamper their relationship.

JayATee
03-17-2009, 02:37 PM
You're dating your bf not his family. If he's ok with it than that's all that matters. In time they will either accept it or not and there is nothing you or your bf can do to change that.

Kylea2
03-18-2009, 08:36 PM
I agree, it's not his family's business. How did his ex find out though? You may need to snap that in the behind so she's not leaking more information.

JoJoX
03-21-2009, 02:29 AM
You've only been with him for 5 months. I know you care and probably trying to work things out...but you need to focus and care about only you and him before you move to this family. One step at a time. Cuz if it didn't work out and you find out that he's a complete douche bag (having an ex wife who's insane is a clue) you'd feel like a complete idiot for caring so much.

BUT if he happens to be a great guy, focus on making your bond with him stronger...cuz again, it's only been 5 months and all the drama with his family and stupid ex wife is taking away from your relationship.

Zofia
03-21-2009, 05:19 AM
There's a reason she's the X-wife. Consider the source and ignore it. BTW, my mom when she first met my BF's mom says, and I kid you not, "You know Zofia's a stripper." Thankfully, my BF's mom has a sense of humor. She replied, "That would make you a strip club customer? We'll have to go to the clubs, I hear the Chip-N-Dales are in town, or are you a lesbian? Understand, I'm fine with lesbians. I just prefer men."

XOXO
Z

sorsi
03-22-2009, 01:32 AM
my mom when she first met my BF's mom says, and I kid you not, "You know Zofia's a stripper." Thankfully, my BF's mom has a sense of humor. She replied, "That would make you a strip club customer? We'll have to go to the clubs, I hear the Chip-N-Dales are in town, or are you a lesbian? Understand, I'm fine with lesbians. I just prefer men."

:laughing: that's awesome. ;D

Zofia
03-22-2009, 08:21 PM
My BF's mom is very cool about lots of things. Except mowing the lawn, she's like the yard nazi. And she did not know I was a stripper, until my mom told her. So, she hadn't planned that snappy comeback. It just rolled off her tongue. What's even cooler is later she asked me if I wanted to go to the Chip-N-Dales. (I did, they are very cool. ) BF was OK with it too, I guess he figured that if I was out with his mom I wouldn't get into too much trouble. LOL If he only knew.

XOXO
Z

Kylea2
03-25-2009, 04:24 PM
There's a reason she's the X-wife. Consider the source and ignore it. BTW, my mom when she first met my BF's mom says, and I kid you not, "You know Zofia's a stripper." Thankfully, my BF's mom has a sense of humor. She replied, "That would make you a strip club customer? We'll have to go to the clubs, I hear the Chip-N-Dales are in town, or are you a lesbian? Understand, I'm fine with lesbians. I just prefer men."

XOXO
Z

That is awesome! I like your boyfriend's mom already!

StilettoChick
03-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Been there done that!!! They RAISED their son "correctly" so, if he sees no problem in it than they can't either! Even though his Mom will say whatever and hurtfull things, you just remind her that she raised an awesome person who loves you for you and she needs to respect his judgement!!! P.S If you're that happy, and it lasts YOU COULD BE HER GRANDBABY MAKER!!! So she will half to accept you and one day will feel like a bitch for thinking otherwise. It happened to me!! Good luck

Kylea2
03-25-2009, 09:49 PM
YOU COULD BE HER GRANDBABY MAKER!!!

There it is folks! Any time the boyfriend's mother says anything... use that line. They wouldn't want to sacrifice not having grandchildren because they offended you.

Great job StilettoChick!

bexxx
03-26-2009, 04:43 AM
There it is folks! Any time the boyfriend's mother says anything... use that line. They wouldn't want to sacrifice not having grandchildren because they offended you.

Great job StilettoChick!

But really if she said that his mum could be like 'good so maybe he can have kids with someone who doesnt get naked for money' or something along those lines... If I was someones mum and had a problem with strippers and she was like 'be nice, you dont want to sacrifice not having grandchildren' I would think she was stupid lol what sorta thing is that to say to someone..her son could probably be scared that youre thinking about babys already too