PDA

View Full Version : Nevada high court overturns fine on Crazyhorse Too

mysteryman
03-19-2009, 07:39 AM
The never ending saga of the Crazyhorse Too, Las Vegas.

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_11914264?nclick_check=1

bexxx
03-19-2009, 08:14 AM
Link doesnt work for me

WiseGuy_TX
03-19-2009, 09:23 AM
... http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_11914264?IADID

mysteryman
03-19-2009, 12:20 PM
I just clicked on the link in this thread and it works just fine.

WiseGuy_TX
03-19-2009, 12:26 PM
...doesn't work for me with firefox mysteryman.

bexxx
03-19-2009, 12:31 PM
It doesnt work for me and I use IE but the second posted link does, not that it matters aslong as you can read the article!

glambman
03-19-2009, 02:49 PM
http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_11914264?IADID=Search-www.mercurynews.com-www.mercurynews.com

CARSON CITY, Nev.—The Nevada Supreme Court has thrown out a $2.2 million fine levied by the city of Las Vegas against a strip club that pleaded guilty to tax and extortion charges.

The court on Friday ordered Clark County District Judge Mark Denton to hold a hearing to determine how much the now shuttered Crazy Horse Too could be fined.

The court said there was a real discrepancy as to how long the Roman-themed club just off the Las Vegas Strip had engaged in a conspiracy scheme.

The Las Vegas City Council claimed The Power Company—club's corporate parent—pleaded guilty in federal court to conspiracy to engage in a racketeering enterprise for five years or 2,192 days. The council levied of fine of $1,000 a day.

The parent of the Crazy Horse maintains the conspiracy lasted only 1,461 days.

"We conclude that the district court erred in granting summary judgment in favor of the city because a genuine issue of material fact exists as to how long The Power Company participated in the conspiracy," the court wrote in its ruling.

In the guilty plea in federal court The Power Company admitted to count one, which alleged the conspiracy was committed between 2000 and 2005. But the plea memorandum states the conspiracy was between 2000 and 2003.

The Crazy Horse Too was owned by Rick Rizzolo who was sentenced in January 2007 to one year and one day in prison, three years of supervised release and fined $250,000 fine for
Advertisement
conspiring to escape payment of federal taxes. Rizzolo's June 2006 plea deal ended a decade-long federal probe of whether the club was linked to the mob.

The government alleged the female dancers, who were private contractors, were charged 15 percent of what they collected as a fee for the opportunity to perform at the club. This money was distributed to the other employees but never reported for tax purposes. And false tax reports were filed with the government.

If a customer refused to pay a dancer or disputed charges, the shift manager or other male employees used threats or violence to get the patron to pay up, according to the government.

The club was also ordered by the federal court to pay $10 million to Kirk and Amy Henry for the injuries suffered by Kirk, a tourist who visited the club, that left him a quadriplegic in September 2001.

As part of the plea agreement, Rizzolo was required to sell the Crazy Horse Too by June 2007.

The Power Company was ordered to forfeit $4.25 million, acquired unlawfully from racketeering activity or unlawful debt collection at The Crazy Horse Too. It was fined $500,000 in federal court and placed on five years probation for its extortion and racketeering.

SpeakngEZ
03-19-2009, 07:36 PM
^^^ The guy that ended up as a quad'gic must have done something pretty shitty to deserve that.

And 15%? That's it? Damn, I'm working at the wrong club.

mysteryman
03-20-2009, 05:04 AM
The guy who got his neck broken refused to pay his padded bar tab.

glambman
03-20-2009, 12:57 PM
^^^ The guy that ended up as a quad'gic must have done something pretty shitty to deserve that.

That's a new way to look at it. We now have no assaults, rapes, etc.. They are merely karma. Thank you.

glambman
03-20-2009, 01:02 PM

At least he wasn't murdered like the other guy.

Crow2
03-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Dang.. sounds like Memphis - back in the day.

nina888
03-28-2009, 10:10 PM
hmmm........ i mean for what its worth sometimes the clubs that use force to make customers pay for dances and tabs are the best ones for the girls. Clubs that are too lax about this kind of stuff tend to attract every asshole who thinks he can cop a freebie and run. If i am joe schmoe at the strip club and and i know i am gunna get my ass beat for getting out of line I am gunna behave myself or find somewhere else to get my groove on. From what i have heard all over Vegas .... crazy horse was the club that was favored by the most girls. Rhino, which is now the best club is generally considered a nightmare to deal with by all the entertainers. I have not heard one thing like that about crazy horse.

BIGJosh
04-02-2009, 01:58 AM

His "tab" was $80 bucks, and "padded", as I'm pretty sure he only had 2 drinks. He went to refute the charges, and was led outside, and while conversing w/another doorman/mgr, had his neck broken.

Not everyone does something to deserve shit like this happening to them.

callista
04-04-2009, 03:09 AM
I loved working at the Deuce. That club was so damn good to me, it's not even funny. One guy ended up dying there: he was having a blast, and then contested a padded tab AFTER he was supposedly tipping EVERYONE well. The guy that ended up in a wheelchair? Same thing. I worked there for 3 months, and let me tell you: those bouncers were no joke. They were more about the money than me. In both cases, altercations happened when a confrontation was instigated outside on the back side of the building. Anyone that has worked there knows how quiet that area is - i wouldn't wait out there if someone paid me to. I would suggest that anyone do some research into the club before they pass judgment on what happened. I did, and was sadly surprised.

callista
04-04-2009, 03:17 AM
hmmm........ i mean for what its worth sometimes the clubs that use force to make customers pay for dances and tabs are the best ones for the girls. Clubs that are too lax about this kind of stuff tend to attract every asshole who thinks he can cop a freebie and run. If i am joe schmoe at the strip club and and i know i am gunna get my ass beat for getting out of line I am gunna behave myself or find somewhere else to get my groove on. From what i have heard all over Vegas .... crazy horse was the club that was favored by the most girls. Rhino, which is now the best club is generally considered a nightmare to deal with by all the entertainers. I have not heard one thing like that about crazy horse.

I've worked at clubs that are hardcore on making their customers pay for tabs. I agree with the concept. What I don't agree with, however, is someone GETTING THEIR NECK SNAPPED because their tab was padded. Especially after they've been taking good care of everyone and having a blast. The 'Joe Schmoe' in question was laughing, having fun, and showing pix of his family. And from my understanding (which comes from staff's mouth, including several waitresses that were there that night) the tab was heavily padded. As in, 30-40% higher than it should have been. I'm sorry, but if there's a customer that's tipping all the girls and waitresses, and is being a gentleman, I'm not gonna screw him over. But that's me, and what do I know.

Seriously, though. At that point in time, Rick was firing girls because they refused to tip out what he designated REGARDLESS of what kind of night they had. If they couldn't afford it due to a bad night? TFB. They could find someplace else to work.

There's a difference between having people take care of their obligations and getting greedy and trying to fuck them over.

Djoser
04-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Yeah, I've worked in a couple of brutal clubs. One of them didn't give jackshit about the dancers. Another one didn't give jackshit about customers. There was a lot of unnecessary violence in both clubs, and permanent injuries resulted--to dancers in one, customers in the other.

Some people get literally addicted to violence. They feel entitled to beat shit out of people regardless of whether it's justified or if they might cause permanent harm. I have had two friends who got addicted to violence, and it made it very hard to be friends with them when I figured it out. Like the 'bad guys' in the movies who also have a likable or good side as well. People like this really exist--though the bouncers in that club don't sound so likable.

Karma might eventually catch up to them, but if I was a victim in a wheelchair, I'd be pissed at that kind of justice.

threlayer
05-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Too bad this industry is replete with shysters, rip-off artists, mobsters, hoodlums, incompetents, thieves, tax-evaders, malevolents, exploiters, pedophiles, rapists, felons, women-haters, and the violence-prone (bouncers, among others).

This is yet another reason I haven't returned to clubbing. The things you learn on SW.

Earl_the_Pearl
05-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Look what the mob does. Good thing this doesn't happen in honest clubs. ::)

The government alleged the female dancers, who were private contractors, were charged 15 percent of what they collected as a fee for the opportunity to perform at the club. This money was distributed to the other employees but never reported for tax purposes. And false tax reports were filed with the government.