PDA

View Full Version : Attachment Disorder?

tRoUbLeMaKeR
03-19-2009, 11:44 AM
My honey had been out of town for work more and more lately and I think it's making me crazy...or making me realize I've always been crazy. /:O I am beginning to think I have an attachment disorder because I don't think I can be alone...so I'm on a mission to learn more about attachment issues (I know only basic stuff). Unfortunately all I seem to be finding is stuff about children...not a lot of info and support for adults. Does anyne have any experience with this or know of any good resources?

justifymylove
03-19-2009, 11:52 AM
There is a support forum here: http://adsg.syix.com/adultrad/forums/ that appears to be very active and seems to have a number of good resources on hand. Try checking that out!

tRoUbLeMaKeR
03-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Thanks...I found this one and breezed around but I guess this one is a bit overwhelming for me. I read through things and ended up think I had 5 times more things wrong with me than when I started...plus a lot didn't make sense. This one's always is an option though if nothing else pops up...

vivianbear
03-19-2009, 01:23 PM
I have Adult Reactive Attachment Disorder but its the opposite of what you describe. I find it hard to bond and I have no real emotional anxiety when facing separation from a loved one. Separation anxiety can come from a lot of different things, though.

Ruby Ruckus
03-21-2009, 01:05 AM
maybe you have adult separation anxiety?

tRoUbLeMaKeR
03-21-2009, 09:03 AM
that's what I'm thinking but I'm only coming up with general stuff on the net....I guess I wanted to get more info before running to my insurance company to give me a therapist...but perhaps I'll just have to go and talk to one to see what they tell me...