PDA

View Full Version : Rhode Island Strip Club to Host Job Fair

WiseGuy_TX
03-20-2009, 08:16 AM
... http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,509823,00.html

I would rather see a Stripper Idol selection process with Master Yoda as one of the judges.

"(Foxy Lady Strip Club) He hopes that some who would have shunned strip clubs in a strong economy might now consider shedding their clothes or at least working as a waitress or bartender. Tsoumas says he expects to collect as many as 150 resumes from "very responsible and competent people."

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Jackson)

Elusive21
03-20-2009, 11:24 AM
ew . . . correct me if I'm wrong since I have never danced in Rhode Island, but I'm sure the clubs there are already saturated with dancers, just like the clubs everywhere else in u.s. It seems like that particular club isn't doing that well because of a lack of customers, so they're trying to recruit more dancers in the hopes of making more money of the stage/house fees.

yoda57us
03-20-2009, 06:34 PM
The Foxy Lady is the deadest club in Providence. This is just a BS publicity stunt.

miabella
03-20-2009, 07:48 PM
lol, i posted that in club chat. guess i should have put it here!

used the msnbc link, though.

Elusive21
03-22-2009, 08:18 AM
The Foxy Lady is the deadest club in Providence. This is just a BS publicity stunt.

ah - that makes more sense now

Paris
03-22-2009, 08:45 AM
This is the old "Miss Nude (insert title here) Contest" but with a more modern name. It is usually a good sign that a club is actually trying to bring in new clientele. I hope it is helpful to the house dancers.

yoda57us
03-23-2009, 07:28 PM
This is the old "Miss Nude (insert title here) Contest" but with a more modern name. It is usually a good sign that a club is actually trying to bring in new clientele. I hope it is helpful to the house dancers.

True enough since I saw it as a publicity stunt and not really an attempt to hire from the start. This event got local and national coverage when it was announced a couple of days ago. One Boston TV station sent a crew down to the club to cover the job fair. The VAST majority of the folks who showed up where men-looking for jobs as bouncers, DJ's, bar backs etc. There where a few women but most where seeking jobs as waitresses or bartenders. Of course, these are all positions that dozens of people a month are already applying for anyway...

The real dancers who want to work at the Foxy will show up on amateur night anyway, just as I'm sure any girl who showed up at the job fair looking to dance was told to do.

I gotta hand it to them. it's not easy for a strip club to get itself on the local and national news unless there is a murder or drug bust involved. The Foxy Lady managed to do it all weekend on the local news...

misslizzy
03-27-2009, 06:05 AM
lol, i posted that in club chat. guess i should have put it here!

used the msnbc link, though.

And I put it in Stripping General! lol

bem401
03-27-2009, 12:33 PM
True enough since I saw it as a publicity stunt and not really an attempt to hire from the start. This event got local and national coverage when it was announced a couple of days ago.

I agree it was nothing more than a publicity stunt. I've been in there several times over the last month or so and they have way more staff than any other club in town by a factor of at least two. A lot more staff than they needed in fact. I don't see why they'd need more.

I think their business has picked up somewhat however. There seem to have been more people in there than other prominent Providence clubs as of late. It might have been the result of recent promotions or rumored relaxation of club policies regarding contact. Then again it might have been an illusion as the club is not as spacious as others.