PDA

View Full Version : Here We Go Again: Vegas SCs up the Ante to Cabbies

Dirty Ernie
04-01-2009, 08:23 AM
Some things never change. Ricks and Treasures are kicking back $100 per passenger to cabdrivers. As a frequent LV visitor, I hate this shit.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/42251762.html

Kylea2
04-01-2009, 09:50 AM
WOW! I wonder when they started paying out so much. Some of the clubs are far overpriced though, obviously trying to recoup the loss to tip the cab drivers.. I mean some of these people barely get in the door and then they don't have any money left to spend on the dancers. I'll be curious to see where this all ends.

charlie61
04-01-2009, 05:33 PM
That's crazy! Also smart. But crazy!!! Then again, I'm dive-club girl...so most big money clubs do things that shock me regularly.

kikiwiki
04-02-2009, 05:07 AM
I was just about to start a thread on this...
I have no clue on why Ricks/Treasures are paying more to cabbies, but I can't see the cabbies bringing any more quality guys than the clubs were already getting. It'll get guys to the club but are these guys even spending once inside? I heard they are charging custies $50 a head to get inside so the club is getting their money back anyway. What a rip! No wonder most just want to sit and have a beer after being robbed like that at the door...

hl1986
04-05-2009, 12:51 AM
I'm sorry - maybe I'm crazy, but at ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS per guy dropped off, if a cabbie simply cruises the strip, pulling over when "hailed" and asking "looking for a strip club?" could he not get at least ten guys in a night that are (equaling $1000.00)?? Now, if he hustled, couldn't he double that number ($2K/night)??

Most Nyc/Vegas/Whatever state strippers aren't consistently making $2K a night - and now cabbies have the same earning potential??

Nevermind being a 'stripper'! I may as well sit on my ass and drive a yellow cab around -- for that kind of money! Have I missed something (I may be having a blond moment and not read the article correctly)?? - Please advise if I am off base!!

WiseGuy_TX
04-05-2009, 05:39 AM
...hummmm, imo, if they have to pay cabbies then they have failed in marketing/advertising their biz. I would think most guys already have chosen a club based on what their friends experienced, their website info and various googled review forums and any advertising they see in vegas. So a cabbie has less of a chance in changing their mind if they already know.

For example, having been there, SR was top notch so i would recommend it to friends. Then if you go the SR webpage they offer free limo and admission (unless there is a catch), whereas, Treasures webpage says $35 entry plus extra $30 if you took a cab(?). SR's website is entertaining, Treasures website has only three girls shown (borrrrrrring). Treasures may be top notch but just based on info it would seem second rate compared to SR.

Dirty Ernie
04-05-2009, 09:37 AM
I'm sorry - maybe I'm crazy, but at ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS per guy dropped off, if a cabbie simply cruises the strip, pulling over when "hailed"

Just for clarification, cabs on the strip cannot be "hailed". Taxis can only pick-up passengers at designated cab stands at hotels along the strip. So they wait in line and you get who you get. (Not that I haven't pulled cabs out of line when the line of people waiting was extremely long and I didn't want to wait. The kickback will entice drivers to break the rules).

A cab full of drunk out of towners can be influenced by a cabdriver cuz everyone knows cabbies know the "best" places and most have concocted stories about place A or place B to help change your destination.

I had a large, Eastern European woman turn the meter off and pull into the parking lot of the "Can Can Room" in Vegas trying to convince me this was the best SC in town. They were paying $75 at the time and everyone else was $35-45.

X Evan X
04-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Wow and I thought $10/head was a lot back in the Gold Club vs. Cheetah days lol.

-E

glambman
04-05-2009, 01:29 PM
...hummmm, imo, if they have to pay cabbies then they have failed in marketing/advertising their biz. I would think most guys already have chosen a club based on what their friends experienced, their website info and various googled review forums and any advertising they see in vegas. So a cabbie has less of a chance in changing their mind if they already know.

For example, having been there, SR was top notch so i would recommend it to friends. Then if you go the SR webpage they offer free limo and admission (unless there is a catch), whereas, Treasures webpage says $35 entry plus extra $30 if you took a cab(?). SR's website is entertaining, Treasures website has only three girls shown (borrrrrrring). Treasures may be top notch but just based on info it would seem second rate compared to SR.

The limo and free admissions catch: You still have to tip the driver and it usually costs more than a cab drive. You can get free admission and a free ride from a cabbie. Use the kickback to your advantage.

To the first para. I always wondered too, but not just in marketing. Reduced cover, drinks, etc.. Make it a reasonable place to go and not like a theme park.

ohhh and cabbies will try everything sun to gt you to switch your mind about the club you 'want' to go to in order to get the highest kickback for themselves.

threlayer
04-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Maybe it brings SC patrons who are already too drunk to drive there or even find the way.

minnow
04-05-2009, 10:05 PM
J

I had a large, Eastern European woman turn the meter off and pull into the parking lot of the "Can Can Room" in Vegas trying to convince me this was the best SC in town. They were paying $75 at the time and everyone else was $35-45.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

CCR has been a perrenial Tuscl "Bottom 40 Clubs" dweller, and may have even made "Bottom 10" list. You couldn't pay me to go in there.

kw: Which club(s) are charging $50 CC? The going rate seems to be $20-$30, but my info may not be current.

she sells sanctuary
04-06-2009, 10:58 AM
that's retarded.

mysteryman
04-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Its a blood bath in Las Vegas right now for getting customers. Rhino does offer free limo service and entry so long as you call the Rhino and ask for it. Otherwise the Rhino just like every other major SC/GC in vegas is paying fees to cabis/taxis.

I hear all the time where Taxi drivers lie to customers saying no that club is closed I will take you to this club instead. Its all about who is paying more that day.

Ricks is a sinking ship and desperate to get business so they can keep girls, otherwise Ricks might as well close the doors and go back to Houston TX.

I am glad I am not involved in that mess.

CalifSCVisitor65
04-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Wow this is ridiculous. I thought the last round was bad, but can't imagine getting into a cab and having to listen to the cabbie rave about the club that's paying the highest right now.

This must be Rick's last ditch effort to stay above ground. So what's the current cover charge if you arrive by cab now?

Shi%, if the cabbie is getting a $100/head, he better keep the damm meter off on the trip to the club.

More reason that I drive myself.

Pure
04-15-2009, 12:45 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

kw: Which club(s) are charging $50 CC? The going rate seems to be $20-$30, but my info may not be current.

Sapphire is now charging 50$ for admission....the catch is now that priceincludes 3 "free" drink tickets which are annoying and can only be redeemed for beer or well drinks. A top shelf cocktail requires a 2 or 3 dollar add on.

saphire123456
04-15-2009, 01:52 PM
yeah, i heard guys bitching about that. also the tickets can't be used in the 3/100 room

nina888
04-15-2009, 03:09 PM
If i can add my two cents here.....

I tryed Ricks during this whole thing and they were the nicest management in town. Not to mention there is no wait to give dances (ample space in the vip rooms) and the prices on half hours and hours make it an easy sell. the DJ played music i liked, and i made a considerable amount of tips on stage, which is more than i can say for any other clubs in town.

Oh did i mention....... the management is NICE??? obviously that accounts for nothing in vegas as everyone has it in their head that being an asshole is the way to go. after having worked in miami area for many years i can also vouche for the RICKS company by saying that they are waaaaaayyyyy more rich than fucking rhino and managed much better. Tootsies is the biggest money making club in miami (not my style personally but still) and totally killled even Jack Galardis dominance over the whole south florida market. these guys know how to generate business for a large club and arent afraid to play hardball. Houston is one of the biggest markets for strip clubs in this country as well so i wouldnt doubt if Ricks in houston is a goldmine.

anyways....... i wont go on and on but i did the ricks thing for a few weeks while they are doing the cab pay thing and i liked it. the customers were nice, the management was nice, there was plenty of legroom in their emacculately decorated club, service was great, and i made some decent $$.

BTW....... thank you for posting this up on a public forum (NOT!!!) and making it even worse. As soon as everyone knows that one club (which is by no means hurting the rhinos overpacked overstressful environment) is paying more per head it becomes a situation where the girls who are working at that club now have to wonder where they can go work to find some decent customers without all the headaches.......... Some of us would like to be able to work with nice management in a chill environment rather than the coke fueled mania that seems prevelent at so many other vegas clubs.

WiseGuy_TX
04-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Houston is one of the biggest markets for strip clubs in this country as well so i wouldn't doubt if Ricks in Houston is a goldmine. ...since Ricks in Houston has been referenced several times, I'd like to mention a few things. Back in the insane 80's & 90's stripping era, Houston Ricks was prime. One of my good friends danced there in the late 80's. Anna Nicole Smith too. So Ricks evolved over the years and branched out of town while at the same time many more clubs were being built. Times changed, insane money dried up, stripping changed and ricks lost its former luster. The original Ricks became "onyx", a black club. Ricks on the south side of town has a new name. Ricks on the north side is still there. The name rarely comes up in conversation with dancers.

As far as the $50 entry, i would reconsider paying $50 without knowing what quality/or how many dancers were inside. So while they may get regs paying it, a newbie may pass on it and move on to the next club.

ViolaStrings
04-15-2009, 06:18 PM
Wow and I thought $10/head was a lot back in the Gold Club vs. Cheetah days lol.

-E

The Cheetah pays $5 per head, and the Pony pays $3 for the WHOLE cab and we're still getting more business!

mysteryman
04-16-2009, 06:22 AM
I found this article a few days ago, but forgot to post it. The author Steve Miller has been dealing with all the wonderful problems of strip clubs in Vegas for years.

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/10205

CarlyMIA
04-16-2009, 08:33 AM

As far as the $50 entry, i would reconsider paying $50 without knowing what quality/or how many dancers were inside. So while they may get regs paying it, a newbie may pass on it and move on to the next club.

Saphire will always have at least 100 girls on any day (about 350-400 on weekends), it's a known fact. As far as the admission - the regulars would be Nevada residents who never pay such high price after flashing Nevada ID. I'm not sure what it is but it might be $10 or $20. Tourists, however have to pay the $50. It really is ridiculous. I wouldn't pay $50 to go to a strip club; just turn around and leave.

kikiwiki
04-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Tip to custies complaining about $50 admission in Vegas: Just call sapphire limo at 702-303-3430. You get free ride and admission, just tip the driver. Cheaper than a cab and admission.

Optimist
05-01-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm sorry - maybe I'm crazy, but at ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS per guy dropped off, if a cabbie simply cruises the strip, pulling over when "hailed" and asking "looking for a strip club?" could he not get at least ten guys in a night that are (equaling $1000.00)?? Now, if he hustled, couldn't he double that number ($2K/night)??

Most Nyc/Vegas/Whatever state strippers aren't consistently making $2K a night - and now cabbies have the same earning potential??

F*ck being a 'stripper'! I may as well sit on my ass and drive a yellow cab around -- for that kind of money! Have I missed something (I may be having a blond moment and not read the article correctly)?? - Please advise if I am off base!!
YESSSS! I have a cabbie friend in Vegas and our conversation went just like that! He gave me his number and said when I get licensed he would train me and get me hired! I met a former dancer and licensed masseuse drivin too. The have a union and all that!

lvdance
05-18-2009, 05:40 AM
I suppose no one in this thread cares about history...but damn...I do and I care for this town of Las Vegas....In 1959 they built the Las Vegas Convention Center. Why? So people would come here, so people could make money(especially us dancers delight in that...then and now :)), and wow! so they could make money off their time and effort. Is that not why you yourself come here? Betty Willis designed and made the legendary "Welcome to the Fabulous Las Vegas" sign with no trademark, no reason to make money off of it, so that millions of people could get to know our town. Of course there is competion, and of course clubs want to get the upper edge. America means that. To bitch that taxi drivers are making $$$? Aren't you? And if you are not, than maybe stripping isn't the proper job for you to do. Why do you care that the place you are working for is paying money to people that are in turn making you money? I do not want to be aggressive but the whole point is that Las Vegas was founded is to be a place where people come to let their hair down, gamble, look at the lights and see beautiful women. I am so proud to be a part of that...making excellent money...and if you are not...then just leave it to those of us that are. Us young beautiful women are the goddesses of Vegas and that's just the way it should be.

glambman
05-18-2009, 08:05 AM
So people would come here, so people could make money

Of course there is competion, and of course clubs want to get the upper edge. America means that. To bitch that taxi drivers are making $$$? Aren't you?

I do not want to be aggressive but the whole point is that Las Vegas was founded is to be a place where people come to let their hair down, gamble, look at the lights and see beautiful women.

then just leave it to those of us that are. Us young beautiful women are the goddesses of Vegas and that's just the way it should be.

lol I'll give an A for entertainment. The history of Vegas is gambling, gambling and gambling.

And the next time you go to the store and they ring up your bill, round it up to the next whole 50.00. They're just trying to earn money.

As an aside, if you do a cab in Vegas to a SC, you can use the kickback to get yourself a free ride.

To the last para, the ones that have to describe themselves as such usually aren't.

A_Guy
05-26-2009, 01:22 PM
As an aside, if you do a cab in Vegas to a SC, you can use the kickback to get yourself a free ride.

I was just there this weekend and this is true... We walked up to three different cabs waiting at our hotel and told them we're going to the Rhino and asked "what's the deal".

After we talked to a couple of cabbies, the first one we asked jumped out of his car and told us he'd give us a free ride and he'd pay for our admission. He gave us the $100 in cash, and Rhino gave him $200... lol

I've never had a cabbie pay ME money for a ride... interesting weekend to say the least.

charlie61
06-13-2009, 05:46 PM
^ Dayumm. That's crazy. Good for you though!

lestat1
06-14-2009, 05:55 PM
And here I paid and tipped my cabbie to take me there.

Earl_the_Pearl
06-14-2009, 07:12 PM
And here I paid and tipped my cabbie to take me there.
That is how that town lives fresh meat every week.

mysteryman
06-14-2009, 07:41 PM
You mean fresh meat on every flight, every 30 minutes!!! LMAO!!!

callista
06-24-2009, 01:25 AM
speaking as someone who used to have an apartment with a view of the planes lined up to land into McCarran....... Um, you mean more like 5 minutes, right? I'd let my dog go to the bathroom and have a cigarette while watching all the planes come in, hoping that some of them came into Sapphire

mysteryman
06-24-2009, 10:14 AM
Yes every 5 minutes, but playing off the flights cutback into Vegas plus a litle of the Dominos pizza play on 30 minutes or less, LOL!
;D

Earl_the_Pearl
06-24-2009, 10:27 AM
OK I was figuring a weeks stay by each new meat.

mysteryman
06-25-2009, 05:08 AM
A week stay in Vegas??? No, average stay is 72 hours.

Earl_the_Pearl
06-25-2009, 02:14 PM
A week stay in Vegas??? No, average stay is 72 hours.
True but they planned on staying a week. :P

CalifSCVisitor65
06-25-2009, 05:16 PM
OK SW is telling me that I haven't posted in a while, so I'll post here.

I'm getting an itch for Vegas at the end of July. Should I or shouldn't I? :-\

72-hrs max at a time for me.

Although the cabbies hate me because I never listen to their selection of clubs to visit.

Earl_the_Pearl
06-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Although the cabbies hate me because I never listen to their selection of clubs to visit.
Listen; you get a free ride and they will pay for your cover.

xdamage
06-25-2009, 06:33 PM
OK SW is telling me that I haven't posted in a while, so I'll post here.

I'm getting an itch for Vegas at the end of July. Should I or shouldn't I? :-\

72-hrs max at a time for me.

The deals are insane right now. I set up a few nights at the Hard Rock in August. Even with flight, it works out to only a little more then $100 a night, which is hard to beat. Of course Vegas is counting on us blowing our wad on entertainment. Still, really I can't imagine where you can fly too right now and stay for much less. The weather is of course insanely hot during that time of year, but it is an excuse to melt in the pool for a few.

Earl_the_Pearl
06-25-2009, 07:53 PM
... it works out to only a little more then $100 a night,... but it is an excuse to melt in the pool for a few.
Melt in the pool; ooh that smell.

callista
06-26-2009, 03:07 AM
The deals are insane right now. I set up a few nights at the Hard Rock in August. Even with flight, it works out to only a little more then $100 a night, which is hard to beat. Of course Vegas is counting on us blowing our wad on entertainment. Still, really I can't imagine where you can fly too right now and stay for much less. The weather is of course insanely hot during that time of year, but it is an excuse to melt in the pool for a few.

ah......... the hard rock pool; i miss it.

for the love of god, stay cool. i hated august.

CalifSCVisitor65
06-26-2009, 06:13 PM
The weather is of course insanely hot during that time of year, but it is an excuse to melt in the pool for a few.

I'm not worried about the heat. It's a dry heat. 8)

callista
06-29-2009, 03:15 AM
I'm not worried about the heat. It's a dry heat. 8)

hahah that's what they all say, until it hits 120 in the afternoon.

it's still effin hot, no matter how you look at it. my dog hated going outside to pee because she burned her poor little feet. this happened between june and september.

everyone uses the 'dry heat' excuse. it doesn't matter. it's still hot.

it might not matter as much if you're just visiting, but it does if you live there. it does a LOT. if you get to the point where you can wear jeans in 105 degree weather, you're used to it being effin hot.

xdamage
06-29-2009, 05:33 AM
July/August are not so dry ;) Humidity of 15-20% feels pretty fooked when the air temp is 110+, but hey, that is what the A.C. and the Pool are for. Besides it cools off again at night. But yea, as much as I enjoy it to visit, living there would be another matter.

CalifSCVisitor65
06-30-2009, 06:52 PM
everyone uses the 'dry heat' excuse. it doesn't matter. it's still hot.

it might not matter as much if you're just visiting, but it does if you live there. it does a LOT.

I don't disagree with any of your comments. :P

Almost Jaded
07-27-2009, 05:16 PM
When you see 102 and decide it's a great day for a picnic in the park, you're officially a local, LMAO. I'm fine until it breaks 110. That's when I start to bitch.

The cabbie thing is out of control. I can't believe Goodman didn't put them down when he had the chance a few years back. They're like the new mafia, but instead of protection money it's transportation money, lol. I hope the IRS eats them alive.