PDA

View Full Version : my birthday/work stress/etc

Ruby Ruckus
04-09-2009, 08:57 PM
most of my friends are going to be out of town, because it's easter weekend. the ones that are in town are busy with their families. it's my fucking 21st! i can't make any cool plans because not enough people are around to fulfill them with me and make them worth my time. i always get down about my birthday anyways. something just makes me dread it because i just know i'm gonna be disappointed.

i worked and only made $29 tonight. it fucking sucked.

i'm drunk and stressed out. i'm starting to get sick, and i absolutely cannot be sick this weekend. i need the money at work, plus being sick on your birthday sucks.

i just want something to look forward to, but everything falls through. i might as well get drunk alone on my couch on my birthday or something stupid. pass out at 9 pm.

Winged Dinghy
04-09-2009, 09:10 PM
damn, that does sound frustrating! birthdays are kinda stressful. so many expectations for one day, especially when it's a big one like the 21st.

hope you feel better soon, break a G next shift, and have a kickass birthday!

Ms. Mia Roberts
04-09-2009, 09:28 PM
If you can find atleast one friend... then you can have a good bday. It is what you make it.

Do mani/pedis in the morning, spa treatment in the afternoon, drink and party at night. If you make the day special, it will be special.

Phil-W
04-10-2009, 12:43 AM
Thoughts...

Find a least one friend you can share your actual birthday with.

Text/e-mail your other friends and say that its your birthday over Easter. As a lot of people are out of town/not available, you're arranging a belated birthday bash for 2 weeks time. Find a date that the maximum number of people can attend. Enjoy said belated birthday bash.

Phil.

shasta
04-10-2009, 03:06 AM
I say plan a birthday night out which your friends next weekend. This weekend just go to work and tell everyone its your birthday. I have had to do the same thing. I know its your 21st, so you want it to be a special night with your close friends, and it should be. Just wait til everyone is back, so they can be a part of it. Working on your birthday is MUCH better then being alone. Everyone is always so happy to see you at work, so live it up!

tRoUbLeMaKeR
04-10-2009, 05:58 AM
I agree with shasta and phil....do something fun and relaxing on your bday...then plan a big extravaganza for next week or the following.

Since it is your 21st if you're feeling ballsy you can get dolled up and just go to some hot club and make friends! :)

Have a great bday! Take some vitamins to keep this cold off...and make some money at work! :)

verfolgung
04-12-2009, 07:09 AM
Not sure if it was yesterday or today, but just wanted to wish you a...

Happy Birthday!
:party:

:beer: Hope you enjoy your 21st :cheers:

Ruby Ruckus
04-12-2009, 05:22 PM
it's today, thanks everybody. i'm working tomorrow and doing a work birthday thing then.

i had a party last night and invited the friends who were in town. i'm not really the spa/manicure type, not because i don't love the idea, but because i don't feel like i can justify spending it right now.

so instead i had everyone over and we played wizard staffs in the backyard. yeah. i'm one classy broad ;)

(wizard staffs is when you drink a can of beer, and duct tape a full one on top of the empty. repeat until you're wasted and you have an enormous beer stick that you can't set down anywhere without it falling over and you have to stand up on furniture to be able to drink out of it).

Phil-W
04-13-2009, 04:29 AM
In which case:

Happy Birthday

I know another drinking game. It's called vodka charades. The rules are very simple. Everyone in the room drinks a bottle of vodka. Someone then leaves the room and everyone else tries to guess who it was..... }:D

Phil.

Lola_sinn
04-13-2009, 12:53 PM
(wizard staffs is when you drink a can of beer, and duct tape a full one on top of the empty. repeat until you're wasted and you have an enormous beer stick that you can't set down anywhere without it falling over and you have to stand up on furniture to be able to drink out of it).

Hahahaha that is awesome, I am definitely going to introduce this game to my college friends!

Oh and happy 21st, I just had mine recently and it's a great time! Even if your birthday itself was lame, you will surely be having some good times in the upcoming weeks!