PDA

View Full Version : Too Good to Leave Too Bad to Stay

la petite sexy
04-12-2009, 01:46 PM
Hey ladies!

I know there are a lot SW'ers that are in iffy relationships or are experiencing relationship drama.
I just started reading this book last night and it has been suuuuper helpful so far so I had to share ;D

It's called:
Too Good to Leave Too Bad to Stay
by Mira Kirshenbaum

I got mine while browsing in the dollar bookstoore ;)

It breaks down relationship challenges in the same way a doctor would go about eliminating symptoms to diagnose an ailment by asking pertinent relationship questions. She even offers a prognosis (I think that's the word I'm looking for) by telling you that most people that answer yes/no to this question felt happiest they left and unhappy they stayed in etc. It's super easy to read. She offers examples after every diagnostic question and examples of people in similar situations in case you need clairity before you answer or can't decide how extreme your situation is. IDK I just love it! I checked it out on amazon this morning to see if it was just me that was totally loving this book and it's gotten a ton of good reviews.

I bought it after agonizing about weather or not to leave, if the bad incidents trump the oh so good qualities etc. and then forgot about it.

I found it and started reading it last night after spending time with him, ending up talking about a possible reconciliation of some sort, and wondering if I was crazy for loving him so much and wanting to forgive even tho this last incident did some kind of damage. :no:

basically my delimma is
commitment vs. foolishness/stupidity
This is the first time I've been in this situation (I usually just kick their asses to the curb) and I just wanna make sure I'm not being the latter and have battered wife syndrome. (Not to be taken literally...he doesn't put his hands on me ladies.)

Well that turned into a mini rant! lol

Bottom line is the book is great!

I may even include an excerpt later.

verfolgung
04-13-2009, 12:26 PM
So did the book help you to come to a conclusion, and if so may I ask what it was?

la petite sexy
04-13-2009, 07:41 PM
I haven't finished it yet. I've only gotten halfway through it. I got sidetracked by turbotax...lol.

So far so good, but I haven't gotten to the intricate nitty gritty stuff. The questions were more about abuse, your partner being controlling/power tripping, never wanting to talk about difficult subjects, basic animalistic attraction to each other, weather or not you genuinely like each other, if there's any activity you enjoy doing together etc.

It starts with the major issues and works into the smaller things and we obviously don't have any major problems (which is why this is so hard for me). Anyway I can't wait to finish and will post as soon as I do. ;)