PDA

View Full Version : WTF? Evil new local laws in Forest Park (near ATL)

Fionaver
05-05-2009, 03:43 AM
Alright. Please check this out. They really want to shut us down. Or at least have us be REALLY broke.

I work at South, not Crazy Horse. This is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

http://www.news-daily.com/main.asp?SectionID=2&SubSectionID=2&ArticleID=26990

Rayna Skye
05-05-2009, 03:47 AM
Damn. At first I was like you can still make money with no alchol, but then I kept reading. This is so fucked up. It this passes chicks better stack their money till 2010 and then quit.

Fionaver
05-05-2009, 03:59 AM
There's no money to stack. Atlanta isn't exactly the promised land anymore.

I'm glad I work two clubs now, but .... argh. I did NOT pay 320 to get a license to a club that I have to pay minimum ~60 to per night (usually ~120-150) so that I can make NOTHING. Because that's what this means. No dances, Vips, AND I can't even pick my own money off the stage.

I would think that we could contest it just because we aren't employees. This seems like discrimination. We aren't waitresses - it's a faulty analogy. After all, we pay the club and they report us at $50 a night in tips whether we make it or not (just to make sure we don't sue for back wages - it's more than minimum wage).

Athenathefabulous
05-05-2009, 06:06 AM
Ew i just read a post yesterday and the 4 ft rule passed in seattle. Hopefully this is not a trend. However, the 4ft thing didnt bother me as much as the law against giving gratuities to dancers and the lawmakers openly admitting they are trying to run people out of business.

I hate this attitude of lawmakers actively trying to put people out of business. This would not fly for any other type of business. Can you see them passing a law saying "all fast food places must have fresh grade A meat with no preservatives to protect the public from food that causes obesity and is therefore dangerous" or "no fast food employee may say 'do you want fries with that' for it is marketing more dangerous food to the public." Or "any resturaunt that serves things with trans fatty acids (i think thats the unhealthy one) or ___insert unhealthy bullshit in foods here__ shall now not allow people under 18 in because it is bad for their health. Moreover, customers may not tip the waiters for this would encourage them to keep bringing customers unhealthy food that could lead to obesity. We want to discourage people in the future from entering this profession." That would run food places out of business real quick and leave the employees jobless, but we care about those businesses. Even though their food (specifically mcdonalds etc.) causes lots of health problems, we want them to make money. We would never do anything to intentionally make them bankrupt.

I hate this. I dont get why they think it is acceptable to try to prevent businesses from making money. If they were so worried about new clubs, then put a grandfather in for hte old clubs. Its not fair to have an already established venue with employees suddenly suffer at the hands of these laws. This council woman should be beaten and have to personally reimburse all of the money that the dancers are going to lose at the hand of this law. And she should have to explain to their kids why mommy can no longer afford toys for them and pay for the education that many dancers will no longer be able to afford. I dont understand.... do we really want MORE poor unemployed people in this recession? More people on welfare? It seems to me tryign to bankrupt a business should be left to competing businesses.

Customers cannot give gratuity to dancers? How ridiculous is that! That is how a customer chooses to express his gratitude for a dancers talents. Ugh. I hate this. I think i need to write this bitch a letter. I will start it with "Dear fatass lady lawmaker. I am sorry that your tits are saggy and that you are unable to arouse your man in bed or provide decent company to meet his needs. Its not our fault you are such a bitch, and maybe if you were nicer to him he wouldnt need to come here for companionship and boobies. However, the fact that your husband likes to pay money to see us naked does NOT justify you stealing from us... ..."

Ugh sorry for the rant. I just got REALLY angry when i read this article. and to Fionaver, I am so sorry this is happening in your town. Maybe move to a place where the people arent so crazy, but if you do, be sure to leave a flaming bag of dog shit in front of this lady's house first.

BoxOfPandora
05-05-2009, 06:42 AM
Thaaaaaat is fucked up! Hmmm.... keep the 4 ft rule and require clubs to pay their employees min wage. Plus whatever commission they get on dances (find a loophole so LDs are not considered 'dancing') and let them accept tips that customers offer them. Then this could work :D

Goddamn this old saggy bitch is an old saggy bitch. No tips? No lapdances or CR (I doubt clubs will make CRs/ VIP rooms large enough to allow a 4 ft barrier and add an 18" stage)? How the fuck ARE we supposed to make a living? Getting what they deem as a "real" job does NOT count!

I think it should be illegal to pay pro sports stars well before they can make it illegal to get paid as a dancer.

Fionaver
05-05-2009, 07:38 AM
You have to remember, my standard fee for a 1/2 hr is 200 in VIP take-home. 350 an hour. At the same time though, it seems really unfair the the club that does not accurately represent my earnings when I make less than $50 will have an intimate knowledge of what I actually do make.

Which (if i make a lesser amount) they will fail to report on.

But they will still expect me to tip well over my minimum amounts (which they can EASILY verify, if I can't even touch it without an intermediary) otherwise.

I don't have a problem with "the lady" that others seem to - the club is just over a year old, and we've had a hell of a lot of harrassment. My issue is not personal - at all.

Just don't fuck with my money.

black_widow
05-06-2009, 03:09 AM
:( That TOTALLY SUCKS! I really DO NOT UNDERSTAND all this "protecting people" bullshit! Protecting them FROM WHAT?!?! It's not like strip clubs do anyone any harm. They create jobs, give people money, and stimulate the industry. Tell me again, in a huge failing economy, that this is BAD!? Makes NO SENSE TO ME AT ALL. I hate how America is so weird about sexuality and how any display of sexuality, even when it's in a club with consenting adults is still viewed in a negative light. It's like people are so conservative here that they would rather say "oh no one ever has sex" than to admit that sexuality is around us ALL THE TIME. It's so completely against human nature, and it's so completely against BETTER JUDGEMENT to treat sexuality like a disease instead of a normal human function, like hunger, or pain.

I read somewhere that when they shut down strip clubs, the number of sex crimes in the surrounding areas increases. I could TOTALLY see that. Deviant sexuality (although not all sexuality in clubs is deviant by any means), needs an outlet and if you don't give it that, it will seep into the surrounding neighborhoods and into places that it doesn't belong. If you give sexuality a place and let those places be where you go to BE sexual, it makes sense that there would be less sex crimes around.

BUT NO--all the lawmakers are these backassward Christian conservatives that think Jesus personally will love them more if they destroy ALL STRIP CLUBS! Nevermind the fact that they end up destroying people's lives, their families, and that these lawmakers are PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE for the demise of thousands of jobs in an enconomy that's already hurting. So in the name of Jesus Christ, amen, let's continue destroying shit so God can feel better about men NOT seeing boobies. SO RIDICULOUS! ARGH! I just can't logically grasp people that are so illogical and so completely about such stupid topics! Stop bargeing in on other people's shit and just LET PEOPLE LIVE THEIR LIVES, LET THEM MAKE MONEY, AND LET THINGS BE!

Strip clubs have NEVER hurt anyone (well, they do sometimes take advantage of stupid young girls, but dude, the entire WORLD does that), and they don't deserve to be targeted by laws like this. I swear to god, within the next 10 years, this retardedly backassward nation will have every girl in every state dancing up on 30 foot petestals 100 yards away from the nearest man with her top off ONLY. SO RIDICULOUS! We are all going to have to just head over to Europe where they realize that sexuality ISNT THAT HUGE OF A FUCKING DEAL!!!!

BoxOfPandora
05-06-2009, 05:55 AM
I hate how America is so weird about sexuality and how any display of sexuality,

Nah, only female sexuality. Read CUNT: A Declaration of Independence by Inga Muscio. Basically, instead of it being women with "Penis Envy" (only when I'm outside and need to piss), men have Cunt Fear. Our sexuality is so powerful while men have so little sexual power.
That's why they drive female sexuality into "taboo-land." And men's sexuality is glorified.

What's a strip club?
A place where naked women have power over men.
Where women can reclaim their sexuality and gain financial independence.
A place where a single mom can make enough to support herself and her children in just a few hours a night, and actually be able to spend time with her children.

In other words something VERY BAD and VERY DANGEROUS! Women must rely on men, especially if they have a child, and should not walk around showing legs or cleavage, and should not be able to milk a man dry unless she is married to him. <--Because I know SOMEONE is going to yell at me, this part was sarcastic.

inThePine
05-06-2009, 06:28 AM
^^ lol you are so right, i've been meaning to pick up that book for the longest time! since i've grown up a little and realized how prude americans are! we display sex in ads and then bash and criminalize it! - it's confusing to the ppl that follow trends and examples like that because they're left feeling guilty about a natural reaction to sex. you're dangling the carrot and then slapping their hands away. that's only allowed in strip clubs dammit! lmao

seriously those laws are bogus and if the lawmakers suddenly disappeared in the night i don't think many tears would be shed... I'm really sorry for you ladies who are affected by it.

Athenathefabulous
05-06-2009, 07:15 AM
You guys just dont understand how deadly female nipples can be. srsly. Having girl nipples in the local strio lub and about is the equivalent to locking the neighborhood kids in a room of second hand smoke.

*(that was sarcastic btw).

Re: BoxofPandora
interesting post. I hadnt really thought of it that way. kinda wish i started stripping before my women studies class ended...

mysteryman
05-06-2009, 02:50 PM
This protecting the public is a pile of BS. I just had this same discussion last night about the OPPORTUNITY to be solicitated is much higher at a regular bar in a hotel then in a SC/GC.

Now Forest Park is trying to show they know better.

Go to any bar in a Hotel on Peachtree near Lenox Mall and hang out day or night and see how many times you get propositioned for a DATE! Yes its true and yes it very common. Yet in my 10 years of operating clubs and my 15 years of frequenting clubs I have had very little problem with hookers compared to going to a hotel bar.

X Evan X
05-16-2009, 05:05 AM
Interesting. The counties new rules never went into effect at South to begin with. Tonight I was told that the county finally lost in court.

What gets me is despite the county's history of political corruption and the county itself remaining generally in shambles they were trying to fight a club that as the largest and one of the nicest clubs in the metro Atlanta area will bring millions of dollars into the county.

-E

Earl_the_Pearl
05-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Interesting. The counties new rules never went into effect at South to begin with. Tonight I was told that the county finally lost in court.

The only way a law like that could stand in court is if it were an alcohol law. The New Jersey law has stood for years but is only rarely enforced.

This from the ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE CONTROL HANDBOOK FOR RETAIL LICENSEES

GO-GO DANCERS
WHAT ARE THE RESTRICTIONS ON GO-GO DANCING?
Go-Go dancing, just as other live entertainment, cannot involve persons under the age of 18 years (see “Age
Limits”) and cannot involve “lewd or immoral activity.” (N.J.A.C. 13:2-23.6.) Such lewd or immoral
activity generally involves the lack of attire or covering on genitals or “private parts,” as well as female
breasts. See-through garments and the use of “pasties” are not considered sufficient covering. Simulation
of sexual activity, even if clothed, is also prohibited. Dancers are not permitted to touch or be touched by
patrons, and this includes the placing of tips in the costume of the dancer. A dancer also cannot solicit
drinks from patrons.New Jersey has totally nude clubs but they can not serve alcohol so
Tony's Bada Bing could not exist.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d3/Sopr_Bada_Bing1.jpg

X Evan X
05-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Got the details today.

We have signed an agreement with the county and all the original regulations (which were agreed to prior to breaking ground on the club) are now reinstated. Seems very political to me but who knows. The first week we opened for business the county reneged on all the initial building code permits. We've spent more than a year with half of the club closed off and half of our VIP rooms boarded up. Even more hassles with permits for the girls especially feature acts.

After last weeks agreement we have the go ahead to open the rest of the club, 38 VIP rooms total. Permits for the entertainers will be easier to obtain and feature acts will no longer have to get permits. Couple more new things I'm not at liberty to talk about yet. A lot of buzz around here today.

-E

Melonie
05-23-2009, 08:03 PM
^^^ it certainly sounds like the campaign contribution problems of certain local politicians have suddenly been solved !!!

mysteryman
05-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Yes, Squeaky wil gets the grease!