PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Effect

RBurgundy
03-31-2010, 05:35 PM
Posted a similar question on the other side since they have a larger sample size.

For the married guys, with Tiger and his mistresses being back in the news via Vanity Fair, has all the talk of infidelity changed your behavior?

I left my favorite club in Mpls early last week without taking a girl to VIP. At the time, it seemed I just couldn't find the right girl. But as I have thought about it more, I think some of the fun has gone out of it. I am married, and I suspect that part of me is starting to realize with all of this news via Tiger, Jesse James, Repub Committee about infidelity, etc has caused me to think doing VIP or OTC is a silly waste of money.

Others?

occasional visitor
03-31-2010, 06:06 PM
Not really making me think it is a waste of money but I would guess there are a few people out there looking at the consequences of getting caught a bit more. Of course it is a lot harder to hide shit when you are a public figure like tiger.

SeppeSai
03-31-2010, 06:21 PM
It's not strictly related but Jesse James' inked girls have almost totally soured me on tattoos on women. If she has a little in discreet places, like my ATF, then I can live with it. A lot, forget it.

lopaw
03-31-2010, 08:36 PM
Honestly, I don't give a rat's ass what some golf player or grease monkey do, regardless of how "famous" they are. They sure ain't anybody important to me. Whenever that crap comes on the news I turn the TV off.

I do what I do in a SC because I enjoy it and although it can certainly be argued that it is a waste of money......I can't take it with me, so I'm gonna enjoy it while I'm here!

Hernando
04-10-2010, 10:47 AM
The only thing I've noticed is that it's best not to talk about it at all. Since I am married, it can be a little funny for me to explain how I believe it is absolutely no big deal, and the whole thing is way, way overblown. Sure, it's grounds for divorce and whatnot, but all of this?

What do you think is the percentage of well paid, professional athletes who have had at least one extramarital affair? I'm talking NBA, NHL, MLB, etc. I'd say it's 60 - 80 %.

Wolverine
04-10-2010, 12:13 PM
What do you think is the percentage of well paid, professional athletes who have had at least one extramarital affair? I'm talking NBA, NHL, MLB, etc. I'd say it's 60 - 80 %.

Any of you guys read ESPN The Magazine, specifically the Player X articles (anonymous sport stars)? The recent article was written by an NBA star who felt that about 60% of NBA stars cheat (compared to one NFL star's thoughts that 30% of NFL players cheat). He goes on to say that he thinks that 50% of NBA wives started out as groupies looking for a ring so they know what's going on, but pretty much deal with it.

Golden_Rule
04-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Posted a similar question on the other side since they have a larger sample size.

For the married guys, with Tiger and his mistresses being back in the news via Vanity Fair, has all the talk of infidelity changed your behavior?

Not the Tiger business, no. My behavior is evolving though. The break from all of this felt refreshing. No parties. No clubs. No fooling around of any sort.

I missed it, but not as much as I thought I was going to.

I'm older, suffering from a massive case of BTDT, and just not feeling this stuff like I use to.

I've experienced it before. Went through a pretty long swing, what with being supply side on the PP circuit for awhile. The pendulum is swinging the other way just now. The patina has a jaded feel to it just now.