PDA

View Full Version : Giant Martini Glass

MeBlissa
04-19-2010, 07:34 AM
I hope I'm posting this in the right area. I am looking to purchase a really big martini glass for some photos and a burlesque set. If anyone has any info about where to have them made, find them second hand, how much they run, etc., I'd be very grateful. Thanks ladies!

JayFo1987
04-24-2010, 06:19 PM
http://www.eventprophire.com/themes/burlesque/giant-martini-glass

It doesn't list a price, but I'm sure that you can contact them in some way for an estimate. If you want a glass like Dita Von Teese's I have no idea where you'd find one. I googled the typical large martini glass (I'm sure you can find the huge olive sponges anywhere) but that's the best I could come up with.

MissShyGirl
04-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Ah I just sold mine!! I had mine custom made by a guy in Quebec. I had it made a few years ago now but i'll see if I can find the contact info.

In all reality if you can find someone who works with plexiglass and knows how to make a mold they are cheaper to have made. You are looking at paying over $1000 to buy.

Another option is the 'box' type tub. Its much cheaper to buy(usually around $600) and its way more sturdy and easy to spin in. The martini glass style are prone to tipping if you spin the wrong way and they break really easy. My roadie slightly dropped mine at a bit of an angle and the whole base broke to shit ::)