PDA

View Full Version : What Constitutes Sex Addiction?

jack0177057
08-31-2010, 02:48 PM
We're probably all sex-addicts to some extent, but what constitutes sex-addiction in clinical terms?

Is it measured by how often you want and/or have sex or is it measured by an inability to resist sex with anyone (according to your sexual orientation) and being incapable of a monogamous and faithful relationship?

hockeybobby
08-31-2010, 03:55 PM
When you google "sex addiction" you get 7.3 million results.

Do you think you are a sex addict?

Wolverine
08-31-2010, 08:31 PM
http://sash.net/am-i-a-sex-addict.html

jack0177057
09-01-2010, 08:04 AM
^ Good link.

Do you think you are a sex addict?

Most of the time, I think the whole concept of "sex addiction" itself is ludicrous, because we're all sex addicts.

But, other times, my libido does interfere with my ability to focus on things or cause tension with my GF, and I wish I could find a way to decrease my sex-drive. I want sex every night during the work week (but, only get it every other night of the work week from my GF) and on the weekend, I try (and usually get) sex in the morning and again at night. My libido also kicks in sometimes in the middle of the day and I can't concetrate on work. If I see a sexy women in a skirt or dress and high heels (or some other sexy/revealing clothes), this may cause me to lose a couple of hours of concentration on whatever I am working on, unless I resort to self-help. I am also guilty of some of the online conduct listed on http://sash.net/content/view/61/106/

But, on the other hand, there are many articles regarding the healthy benefits of frequent sex - So it seems that "sex addiction" is not a bad thing per se (as long as you can remain faithful to your SO). I am faithful. I don't consider the high-contact activities in the SC to be "cheating" as long as no "happy endings" are involved.

KS_Stevia
09-08-2010, 02:25 AM
I took a few quizes...substantial concern was a result in all of them. But it doesn't interfere with my job, social life, and I don't feel guilty about it. Also doesn't affect my finances. I seldomly watch pr0nz and don't have to buy materials.

The tests aren't really well oriented for women. I looked for one but couldn't find. I've slowed down a lot in the last few years, used to be really, really promiscous in my twenties. Now, I just masterbate all the time and have as much sex as I can until the holes are worn out.

KS_Stevia
09-08-2010, 02:28 AM
But, other times, my libido does interfere with my ability to focus on things or cause tension with my GF, and I wish I could find a way to decrease my sex-drive. I want sex every night during the work week (but, only get it every other night of the work week from my GF) and on the weekend, I try (and usually get) sex in the morning and again at night. My libido also kicks in sometimes in the middle of the day and I can't concetrate on work. If I see a sexy women in a skirt or dress and high heels (or some other sexy/revealing clothes), this may cause me to lose a couple of hours of concentration on whatever I am working on, unless I resort to self-help. in the SC to be "cheating" as long as no "happy endings" are involved.

Yup. I'm usually very good about focusing at work, but last week, after a few nights of some really steamy action I couldn't get my mind off, I had to go home for lunch and a little "self-help." Fortunately I live minutes away from work and was planning on going home to have a fresh lunch anyway. But still...is that bad?

What makes it even worse, I'm already getting bored with it and want something new. Its only been 3 weeks. Now THAT is sex addict behavior.

jack0177057
09-13-2010, 04:58 PM
Now, I just masterbate all the time and have as much sex as I can until the holes are worn out.

So, what state are you in KS_Stevia? ;)

How bad is this - I've thought about going to sex addicts meetings, but mostly because I want to meet sex-addict women.

Seriously, though, my GF is very accomodating, but most of the time, I'm the one in "heat" and she's just taking care of my insatiable needs. (I can turn her on and reach orgasm about 3 times a week, but the other 3 or 4 times, she's just giving me a HJ or quickie.) I can't help but wonder how it would be like to be with someone who wants sex as bad, as much and as often as I do.

hockeybobby
09-13-2010, 08:55 PM
How bad is this - I've thought about going to sex addicts meetings, but mostly because I want to meet sex-addict women.

Hahaha...
Hey wait....that's actually pretty clever. I may use this.

dlabtot
09-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Almost every mental-health diagnosis is complete bullshit - not actually based on science. The DSM is a joke.

SexPot
06-15-2011, 11:20 AM
The think the whole sex addiction theory is BS. There's no chemical to become dependent on as in the case of drugs. That's what an addiction is, to a chemical. It's pharmacological. I think there's just sexual compulsion, like compulsive shopping.

jamsaugustine
05-05-2012, 04:18 PM
I think sex is more danger addiction as chomper other addiction. If you are one sexual create than think more and more interest in sex. There are not control self and attempt sexual blackmail. So They are create constitutes sex addiction.