PDA

View Full Version : Showgirl music suggestions please

keisha
09-27-2010, 12:17 AM
:) Hi, I'm looking for some music suitable for a showgirl perfomance. It is a very glamourous and glitzy costume, i would like girly style music. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks keisha x

strippername
09-27-2010, 01:45 PM
Viva Las Vegas by Elvis Presley

It isn't really girly, but I used to do a set with it as my first song and it was great. The song is about two minutes and a great intro.

francinista
09-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Showgirl music I recommend Hey Big Spender by Shirley Bassey. Also love Eartha Kitt!Francinista

keisha
09-28-2010, 10:09 PM
Thank you for your suggestions. I love Big Spender but, i know of a few feature show girls that use that track. I was thinking of using diamonds are a girls best friend, so a need a few suggestions to follow on from that. Any suggestions i'd love! thanks again xx :)

cookie23
10-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Steam Heat, theirs a couple of different people who sing it.

Kylea2
10-12-2010, 05:46 PM
I was thinking of using diamonds are a girls best friend, so a need a few suggestions to follow on from that.

I actually dance to Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend a lot.

One of my feature costumes is a money set, & sometimes the DJs just refuse to play Big Spender, so I substitute that song in. I'm actually going to be doing a full Marilyn set soon though. The issue with that song is that its very iconic. People know the song, they remember the dress & movements... if you veer too far away from that the crowds don't seem to like it.

I probably would need to see the costume before giving you suggestions. I do agree though that Eartha Kitt has some great old school tunes. I also adore Edith Piaf. Purple Wail by Red Prysock is a great old school classic tune that's recognizable.

Try this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001O3UHDW/ref=dm_sp_alb

DancingDaisy
10-12-2010, 07:17 PM
I swear by bumpstopper, put it on immediately after you get out of the shower and once a day thereafter. You can find it at any walgreens or walmart

Kylea2
10-12-2010, 09:27 PM
^^^ Wrong thread?