PDA

View Full Version : Sexy Rap/Hip-Hop/Urban Pop

Sophia_Starina
12-01-2010, 04:06 PM
I am not the best with music. I have a tendency to draw a blank.... often. For some reason, songs don't stay in my memory. :-[

My club, being an upscale gentlemen's club, has an awful music selection. Songs can't be too "urban" otherwise the guys in suits will get scared away (heck of a theory, I know). So songs run the gamut from frank sinatra, to really odd stuff that I hear in car commercials, coldplay, etc. While I can't put on something supper hard/heavy I am certain I can get away with more mainstream music that is similar to the songs I have listed below.

Help me find or remember some groovy sexy jams along the lines of :

Blackstreet-- No Diggity
Usher--- Hot Toddy
FloRida--- Spin me right round
Lil Wayne-- Lollipop

I know there are plenty more out there. I just can't get stuck on stage dancing to 80's hair metal or DJ- club junk anymore. Unless I stick a glowstick in my vag I can't imagine how euro electronic music can be performed in a sexy fashion.
I can't stand electronica & techno club music... it's so not sexy for me. Except for David Guetta's Sexy Bitch.... I think it's pretty evil.

Thanks in advance.

4everresolutions
12-01-2010, 04:32 PM
New one by by Rihanna ft. Drake might work....I think it's called "what's my name" .

I don't dance or listen to a lot of hiphop so I'm not really sure what else to recommend.

*Jade*Love
12-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Digital Girl by Jamie Foxx and Flashing Lights by Kanye West

^ Even old white dudes love it when I dance to this set!

I am also liking Ride It by Ciara....I'll post later as I think of more songs

charlie61
12-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Sorry this is totally OT...

NONETHELESS, I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!

"Shut up. I wear heels bigger than your dick." hahahahaha SO true. :rotfl:

Haha!! Fabulous!

As to the OP: How about "Sugar Sugar" by Baby Bash and I like "Butterfly" by Crazytown... Maybe also "Rockstar 101" by Rihanna?

ETA: I also like "Happy" by Ashanti (older song) and "Oops (Oh My)" by Tweet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb37Nh_Sg4g

Pure
12-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Beyonce- naughty girl, say something-timbaland and drake, girlfriend- Alicia keys, Freak it- Lathan, beyonce- diva, ring the alarm, champagne life- neyo, stay with me- neyo,

Djoser
12-04-2010, 07:46 AM
My club, being an upscale gentlemen's club, has an awful music selection. Songs can't be too "urban" otherwise the guys in suits will get scared away (heck of a theory, I know).

Actually, it's not a theory. It's a fact. If they are talking about hardcore rap anyway.

Only the customers usually aren't scared away, they just hate the fucking music and leave.

Unless you are in Miami or another big city of that type with a large customer following of harder urban music, that actually has money, and will actually spend it. But even in most major cities, the older guys with money do not want to listen to 50cent, Drake, Jay-z, or anything that sounds like thug music or guys with serious attitudes bragging about getting their dicks sucked and shooting people. They want to hear rock, usually. But less and less clubs are playing rock these days, especially older rock.

Oh I have heard the tired old claim that 'Plenty of older guys with money love thug music!' Bullshit. Oh they are out there, you do run into them once in a while--but they are vastly outnumbered by older guys with money that want rock. I have had maybe two older money type guys ask me for rap, in ten years. Neither was wearing a suit, or even a nice jacket. One of them blew his money a little while after he started coming in, too. I once turned down a 50$ tip from him because he would then always bug the crap out of me to play nothing but rap, and all the other customers would leave.

However, making your entire lineup dance to fucking dinosaur rock all night is a bad idea as well. You have to strike a balance between keeping the girls happy putting on a show up there, and keeping the guys in the club.

And when you have a lot of girls who want R & B or rap, as is usually the case, it can be really tough to do this if the club has any music rules.

Here are some songs I have had a lot of luck with:

'Like This' Kelly Rowland
'So What' 'One Two Step'. 'Oh' Ciara
'Only You' 112
'Steelo' 702
'Coffee Shop' Yung Joc ft Gorilla zoe
'Rockin' That Shit' (also comes in edited 'Rocking That Thang version), The Dream
'All I Really Want' Rick Ross ft The Dream
'That's How I Go' Baby Bash ft Mario Lil Jon
'Your Body' Pretty Ricky
'Promiscuous Girl' Nelly Furtado
'Shake That Ass Forever' Mannie Fresh (this actually has some nasty rap type lyrics, but is musically far more smooth R & B and so no one ever says a fuckin' word about it lol!

Also the rap covers of old rock songs will often work very well:

'Roxanne' remix by The Fugees

'Who's Your Daddy' Mook N Fair ft Webstar
http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=A0SO8ZzbTfpML0UAHYX7w8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTBrO TlpOGs3BHNlYwNzZWFyY2gEdnRpZANWMTE2?p=who%27s+your +daddy+Mook&ei=utf-8&fr2=sg-gac&n=21&tnr=20&y=Search
'She Got it Made' Plies (cover of ancient Pina Colada song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKeqsfBegNc

When in doubt, go Old School Rap, or better yet Old School Funk if you like it (some don't). Go R & B instead of rap. Go clear lyrics that sound like the English language they will recognize, instead of Ebonics.

Go female singers instead of male. But avoid the ones with the rappers dueting if your club is strict. Nowadays that's almost every fucking female R & B singers' songs, which is how bad a death grip the fucking new rappers have on the music industry right now.

If your DJ is good he can cut out the worst rap lyrics or use the equalizer to kill the rappers vocals to a large extent. The beginnings of the urban songs and the R & B duets are usually worst, with the rappers saying how great they are before the song gets going. Starting them about 30 seconds in can often make the difference between a forbidden and an approved song, quite easily.

Pure
12-04-2010, 09:11 PM
^^^ I have to disagree to a point. I HATE the music at my club, I'll let that be known. One of my first breaking the ice ?'s with customers is about music. In my experience the answer is in the stripclub is variety. No one form of music will run them out. Do they want to listen to Young Jeezy for an hour straight? No. Nor do they want to hear the latest canned dance techno track for hours either. They like the girl on stage to enjoy what she's dancing to and the vibe in the club to not get kind of monotone. Every older white male that I've asked says they are open to hearing different kinds of music for a set or 2. Most of these guys have teenage kids and listen to their I Pods ands shit. I think customers are more open than management gives them credit for. On a side note my dumb ass club played country music for an hour straight last night just to appease the cowboys in for NFR. The girls on stage looked miserable and the vibe in the club was dead. Friends in low places? Really. Maybe for a girl that loves it but the poor girl on stage looked mortified! There weren't even that many cowboys. Boo

Djoser
12-05-2010, 03:50 AM
No one form of music will run them out. Do they want to listen to Young Jeezy for an hour straight? No. Nor do they want to hear the latest canned dance techno track for hours either. They like the girl on stage to enjoy what she's dancing to and the vibe in the club to not get kind of monotone. Every older white male that I've asked says they are open to hearing different kinds of music for a set or 2. Most of these guys have teenage kids and listen to their I Pods ands shit. I think customers are more open than management gives them credit for. On a side note my dumb ass club played country music for an hour straight last night just to appease the cowboys in for NFR. The girls on stage looked miserable and the vibe in the club was dead. Friends in low places? Really. Maybe for a girl that loves it but the poor girl on stage looked mortified! There weren't even that many cowboys. Boo

I totally agree that variety is the key. Plus that making women miserable onstage to please a few customers is a very, very bad idea. I also hate most country, and could not last through an hour, if that.

I heard from a few people that (for a while at least) the most upscale club in Detroit used to play one hour of rock, one hour of techno, one hour of R & B, etc., which sounded like a bad idea to me. I try to put a rock girl with a hard rock girl next, with a Limp Biskit/Kid Rock/Korn type girl next, with a rap girl next, R & B girl, pop/dance girl, techno, Zombie remix/industrial, goth rock, and back around. You can easily switch up the order, you might have two or three of these cycles in a row, whatever, the point is it transitions well. Double or triple the cycles if you have more girls. 50-60 girls, 3-5 cycles. Taking good care of a positive, money-making dancer type can also involve putting the extra girl of her genre after her--or also in the case of a new girl learning, etc.

Ideally, you never hear the same exact genre (eight to ten or more of them) more than 6-9 minutes, unless you have a whole lot more of one or two kinds than the others. The older and wealthier the crowd--usually--the more rock you need to try and play, and the less harder type rap.

Don't get me wrong, I play a lot of rap every night, as well as R & B and Old School--I just stay away from the blatant thug shit, or music where the guys sound literally retarded (like Ja Rule for instance, except one song that is good). I fucking love Gorilla zoe, most Lil' Wayne, a lot of GucciMane, stuff that has a little more rhythm with the rap--and it also goes over much better with management and customers alike.

But parents I've seen like the music their teenage kids have on their iPods about as much as the kids like mom & dad's shit. :D Of course the daddies out in the clubs will always pretend to be open minded if they are talking to a hot young dancer their daughter's age, absolutely! Or any dancer they are trying to impress. But there are exceptions to every rule, as we have seen.

Djoser
12-05-2010, 04:18 AM
Oh and also, there are certain distinct musicians in each and every genre that will drive me right out of any club if it's overkilled. Stuff like Billy Joel, Jimmy Buffet and other cheesy, corny rock; almost all Benni Benassi and techno that is really really really fast with insipid vocals, rock where they guy never stops screaming, all the fucking PopTopSchlock40 garbage, etc., etc.