PDA

View Full Version : Best site/way to get music?

princessjas
01-18-2011, 08:51 PM
K, I wanna pirate my music. I was an original user of Napster, then Aimster, then I skipped a bit and went to Morpheus and have pretty much stuck there. Anytime I've looked at a torrent, it's been full of viruses.

Halp...Please?!?!?

MistyRose
01-18-2011, 09:47 PM
I never got a virus from torrent. :/

And before anyone's on my case for not paying for content, I'd be listening to nothing and watching nothing if I had to pay for it, because I'm so broke. Once I can afford it, I will gladly be paying.

Princessjas, maybe you just didn't find a good site or are searching for off stuff? I use mainly torrents.to, I always find what I'm looking for and never caught any virus (knock on wood). If the torrent is infected, it will usually reflect in ratings.

mysexbookonline
01-19-2011, 12:23 AM
If you use torrents from the site thepiratebay.org for music then its safe from viruses, I have been using the site for many many years and have never got a virus from there, aslong as you read the comments for the torrents then you know exactly what your getting. If you just want to listen to music then I'd recomend spotify, its great if your not botherd about saving music to a ipod ect.

*Jade*Love
01-19-2011, 02:41 AM
^ Yeah i second the piratebay, you just have to look closely at what you're downloading and see if it's from an okay user and that other people have successfully downloaded the same file.

I also like www.soundcloud.com

Kisca
01-19-2011, 04:35 AM
I am not sure if youre talking about limewire or such, I have no clue. Since lime is closed now and I have no other suggestions to similar programs.

Other than this,
http://listen.grooveshark.com/

BuffyFlame
01-19-2011, 05:36 AM
Frostwire.com its limewire from another name.

They have yet to be sued , so its all good for now hehe.
If your talking about this kind of program.

Rookie2010
01-19-2011, 05:58 AM
http://www.warez-bb.org/

princessjas
01-19-2011, 06:37 AM
I used limewire after morpheus. Forgot to list that one. I never find anything I want on piratebay. I tried it a couple of times and meh, sucked. It's all albums and shit and I don't want to download the entire album if I just want one song.

Don't like torrents. At all. I'm sure their great if you have the time and energy to fool around with them, but I don't. Back in the day when I was a kid who had half her day to screw around with music, I'd have been all over that sorta thing, but not so much anymore. I need something fast, easy and free. Think I'll check out frostwire. I remember it being mentioned before, but it was while I was hip deep in Nursing homework and taking Ethan all over the state for appts and it just slipped my mind before I had a chance to check it out.

pussyinboots
01-19-2011, 05:56 PM
http://www.warez-bb.org/

This is a a good Fileshare Forum and it's free to register.

I also use the following FREE FILESHARE Search Engines. Just enter the song or album title, and you're likely to find it.

Try these:

www.4shared.com

www.filestube.com

www.bergfiles.com

www.filescatch.com

www.mediafire123.com

www.hotfile123.com

....and you can try the following Fileshare Forums too - they are all free to join:

www.avaxhome.ws

www.divxturka.net

www.zona-musical.com

www.uniquewarez.com

www.yuforum.net (Polish)

pussyinboots
01-25-2011, 02:53 AM
'Jas' - here's a few more for you. If you're just after songs, then these would be ideal as that is all they do - individual songs/tracks in MP3 format. They are all FREE too:

www.beemp3.com

www.bomb-mp3.com

wwww.ez-tracks.com

www.mp3free4all.com

www.mp3raid.com

www.mp3lemon.org (It's Russian - but easy to figure out).

www.musicsongmp3.com

www.musiz.net/index.html

www.sideload.com/

All you need to do is enter the artist and song title into the Search Box......and wait for the results!

princessjas
01-25-2011, 03:58 PM
^^Thanks so much for all the links! I gotta load my new ipod touch now! hehe

hannahfox
06-26-2011, 06:19 AM
you should try downloading Ares. I've been using it for years and have never had a problem with viruses

ArmySGT.
06-26-2011, 12:58 PM
K, I wanna pirate my music. I was an original user of Napster, then Aimster, then I skipped a bit and went to Morpheus and have pretty much stuck there. Anytime I've looked at a torrent, it's been full of viruses.

Halp...Please?!?!?

Download the music to a thumb drive and run virus and malware scans on it. Then move it to your music folder. Keeps it of the PCs hard disk and not in a C: drive directory.

X Evan X
06-27-2011, 06:16 AM
These days I usually just type the name of the song followed by "download" into google search. I only break out my filesharing software if that method doesn't turn anything up. The most common sites I'm directed to right now are beemp3.com, mp3searchy, and mp3skull.

-E