PDA

View Full Version : Ima make it rain, bitch.

Pages : [1] 2

sunny,*
01-21-2011, 08:21 PM
Has anyone heard this shit yet?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLz5SIOWEOI&feature=related

It's been my stripper anthem for the past few months ;)

Dame
01-21-2011, 11:37 PM
Girl yes...it goes!

You wanna see some ass, I wanna see some cash. lol.

CamWhore
01-22-2011, 02:21 AM
degrading really.

*shrugs*

Queenzshorty
01-22-2011, 02:42 AM
Love it

Djoser
01-22-2011, 03:10 AM
degrading really.

*shrugs*

Yeah, exactly. If he didn't call her 'bitch' I might play it.

'Making it rain' used to be a gesture of respect. Now it's just another way for sexist assholes to show off.

Though I suppose it's better than calling her a bitch and not giving her anything at all.

CamWhore
01-22-2011, 03:53 AM
Yup, and thats why I say its degrading. Somehow, these guys found power within themselves because they have the money they know girls want. So hes like "hey , let me degrade her, before I give her my money, since it will lighten the blow on me being a trick".

Djoser
01-22-2011, 04:26 AM
Well it's not like sexism in music is anything new, this is just a new trend in the manifestation. One I'm not fond of. Though of course I want the girls to make money, I cannot stand seeing the women I work with disrespected. No matter if the girl and I are pissed at each other about something or not, I don't go for that shit from customers. Like these fucking guys that like to spank the girls when they tip them, I hate that. I was really glad when they made that against the rules.

I have actually had a chance to listen to this now that I'm home from work. I would definitely use it if I could get rid of the guy singing, and just use the girls (which goes for a lot of music coming out recently). It would sound better and the lyrics are infinitely superior with the girls.

The guy's facial expressions are pretty funny in the video. :D

pussyinboots
01-22-2011, 02:09 PM
Yup, and thats why I say its degrading. Somehow, these guys found power within themselves because they have the money they know girls want. So hes like "hey , let me degrade her, before I give her my money, since it will lighten the blow on me being a trick".

There's nothing new in this. Women have allowed themselves to be degraded, or take their clothes off for money...for centuries.

Well it's not like sexism in music is anything new, this is just a new trend in the manifestation.

Again...you're right. Nothing new here either.

sunny,*
01-22-2011, 04:13 PM
My DJ won't play it either, for the same reasons. No big deal for me... I play it on my own time for myself.

I tend to like songs about guys throwing money at dancers.. but that's just me ;)

Dame
01-22-2011, 04:45 PM
The word "bitch" I think will always respectfully debated. Personally I think people give it too much power. By no means am I defending any forms of disrespect to anyone, male or female not able to defend themselves...however, at the same time, the word can and is used as a term of endearment to a woman consciously in control of hers or learning to. She is not molded or influenced by societies or others opinions of her, her decisions or actions.

I think a lot of times its a test factor or trigger word to get a reaction out of people... Who gives?

I wouldn't dance to the song, simply for the fact that the bassline is not sensual enough. Regardless, let a trick be a trick and I'll be who you want me to be. Give mi my dinero!

sananeko
01-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Take the male voice out and if I'm in a bitchy mood I'll dance to it.. Sometimes having a little song it just the right nudge.

Pure
01-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Degrading... IDK.... I probably wouldn't dance to it in a nightclub and I wouldn't buy it or download it,but it's the stripclub. It's not real life. If some guy gets off on me shaking my ass to a song that says Ima make it rain bitch and does just that than so be it. Black stripclub music to me, has it's own culture that doesn't bother me at all when it's left in the stripclub.

Djoser
01-22-2011, 10:33 PM
The word "bitch"...can and is used as a term of endearment to a woman consciously in control of hers or learning to.

OK, so if you really hold a woman in high esteem, you could say 'Ima make rain, you fucking cunt.'

'Ima make it rain you flea-bitten skank ho.', maybe?

;D

Sorry, I don't buy it.

Only if you knew the woman very well, and understood each other very well and knew it was a joking thing. Never if you hadn't ever talked to the woman in your life before.

And even then most women I know would be as likely to smack you in the face as laugh and give you kiss for calling her a bitch. But I have known a few that would say 'Thanks, I love you too, cocksucker.'

I tend to like songs about guys throwing money at dancers.. but that's just me ;)

I fucking love songs about guys throwing money at dancers. Fortunately there are several dozen of them out there that don't insult the hell out of the dancer about 20 times in the process. ;)

But as has been said, sexism in music, and in the clubs, is nothing new. There's just always new ways of expressing it popping up it seems.

The way I look at it, it's already bad enough in the clubs as it is without playing music that encourages the guys to blatantly treat the women as inferiors (i.e. calling them female dogs). I'm sure I play songs that say bitch and don't know it, I tune out the lyrics when I'm working. This song, you just can't miss it.

But hey whatever floats your boat at home. If it psyches you up to bank at work, more power to you.

firemaiden04
01-22-2011, 11:22 PM
I just thought the song sucked, regardless of the lyrics. Extremely repetitive, monotonous, and his voice annoys the fuck out of me.

tempest666
01-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Epic fail! I'd love to kick him in the nuts so he can sing in a falsetto! I don't care if they say "bitch" "ho" or whatever but this song was just boring. I think a lobotomized squirrel high on crack could do better. :D

Pac and Biggie would cap this motherfucker on sight!

Djoser
01-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Yeah good point. I know damned well they have both used the word bitch in songs I have played and probably liked.

I still find the way the guy does it especially annoying, but I'm tired of raining on the OP's parade--even if I'm just giving my honest impression. I might not notice so much if I liked the music in the song.

It doesn't really matter who likes which songs anyway, at some point there will always be disagreements, and we wind up hearing/playing shit we don't like anyway every damned night at work. I play stuff I don't like half the night--I just have to say no to a few sometimes. There's certain rock songs I can't stand to play either.

Speaking of Tupac check this out. This guy Kasanova Tha Don supposedly is cloning Tupac somehow. I don't like the beginning but the rest is good. He might be saying bitch too, but I can't hear it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V73FW33qQOA

He's no Tupac, but I would play this one in the club if a guy wanted to tip. It talks about making it rain and booty clapping. Maybe we need a thread about rain songs.

Pure
01-23-2011, 03:53 PM
A thread about rain songs..... GREAT IDEA! Start it up

CamWhore
01-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Black woman just learn to accept the word bitch, instead of standing up for herself. theres nothing about him saying "imma make it rain bitch" thats "endearing". He is clearly being misogynistic.

I think the only way we feel empored about it is because we are bieng paid.
if somebody came up to you in public and told you "imma make it rain bitch" you WOULD feel disrespected. but HEY money seems to trump respect in the black community and its embarrassing. A white woman dances to much better lyrics and makes more than a black girl. Why dont we see the problem with this?

"Make a movie " -Twista & Chris Brown sounds a bit better for the topic.

CamWhore
01-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Now do I like the song? Sure. But theres no fucking way Im dancing to it.

shasta
01-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Wow, at first the song was funny, but then i just wanted it to end already!

Pure
01-23-2011, 06:30 PM
if somebody came up to you in public and told you "imma make it rain bitch" you WOULD feel disrespected. but HEY money seems to trump respect in the black community and its embarrassing. A white woman dances to much better lyrics and makes more than a black girl. Why dont we see the problem with this?

I also wouldn't take my top off for 20$ in public....I would feel disrespected if someone tapped my butt and stuck $$$ on the side of my panties in Wal Mart. The point is the stripclub is a different world so comparing appropriate behavior in and out the club has no merit.Also I make as much as
much as any white girl regardless of what I dance to so I don't see a problem.

In the street I am my divine self. In the club I am a stripper, portraying a fantasy. That's not to say anybody can do or say anything to me but it's acting. Playing a role. That simple

Djoser
01-23-2011, 09:14 PM
I also wouldn't take my top off for 20$ in public....I would feel disrespected if someone tapped my butt and stuck $$$ on the side of my panties in Wal Mart. The point is the stripclub is a different world so comparing appropriate behavior in and out the club has no merit.Also I make as much as

That is a very good point as well.

I think we all just have different places we draw the line. None of wants to see women disrespected. All of us want the women to make money. A lot of customers are sexist assholes and we have to deal with it. A lot of musicians are sexist assholes, and we have to deal with that too. I can be a real hardass about it sometimes, sorry.

From what I've seen, it's currently a lot worse in rap--but back in the Day, the rockers were way worse than the R & B singers. You had the same 4 guys, might as well be clones--never any girls, always singing about how the girl had 'Back Seat Rhythm', or loved giving the 'Pearl Necklace', etc., etc. Meanwhile the R & B guys were singing about how good they were going to make the girl feel--which none of the rockers seemed to care about. Sad to say those days are long gone, with the exception of a few R & B singers who are still gentlemen.

I actually prefer the female rappers, almost always.

In the street I am my divine self. In the club I am a stripper, portraying a fantasy. That's not to say anybody can do or say anything to me but it's acting. Playing a role. That simple

I fucking love this.

I almost missed it too, because it was separated from the rest of the post.

Djoser
01-23-2011, 09:27 PM
Black woman just learn to accept the word bitch, instead of standing up for herself. theres nothing about him saying "imma make it rain bitch" thats "endearing". He is clearly being misogynistic.

I do think this is somewhat of a problem these days. A lot of black dancers just step right into the stereotype that all they will dance to is rap that has a lot of lyrics like this. I love seeing them break out of it and dance to whatthehellever.

One of my favorite black dancers loves Jimi Hendryx. That's a black man playing rock music as well as anyone in history, right there...

I'm going to go check that Twista song out, thanks. I don't usually like Twista but hey you never know!

PleasureVictim
01-24-2011, 01:12 AM
Many clubs don't give the dancer an option as to what she dances to. In some places I've been, some of the most ridiculous songs will bring a waterfall of money. So it isn't necessary to blame the dancers for falling into some stereotype. Especially when money for bills, food, etc is on the line.

PleasureVictim
01-24-2011, 01:16 AM

White dancers make more money than black dancers because they all dance to respectful lyrics?/:O

High Five!;D

ShellyConnors
01-24-2011, 01:36 AM
I like the song and the beat a lot. I tend to really enjoy songs that wind up having disrespectful lyrics but honestly? I don't care. I really, REALLY enjoy popping my ass and the whole black strip club atmosphere that is being talked about in such songs. It's a struggle for me not to play that kind of music while dancing around on cam because it's really what makes me happy to move around to!

But when I talk about women in general, if I'm not in a situation that requires me to use more appropriate language, I use the word "bitch" all the time, like "omg let me tell you what this bitch did today..." It's whatever. It's 2011. Perhaps some people truly have become desensitized to certain words or types of music, but generally that's what happens over time with most trends, especially in entertainment.

Back in the 1950's people were terrified of gay/lesbian stuff. But now you have gay/lesbian kissing and stuff on primetime TV. Just one example, but yeah... I like the beat!

anelia
01-24-2011, 02:58 AM
"In the street I am my divine self. In the club I am a stripper, portraying a fantasy. That's not to say anybody can do or say anything to me but it's acting. Playing a role. That simple."

THIS.

Djoser
01-24-2011, 03:11 AM
"In the street I am my divine self. In the club I am a stripper, portraying a fantasy. That's not to say anybody can do or say anything to me but it's acting. Playing a role. That simple."

THIS.

Seriously. I already mentioned it, but this little gem right here makes the whole thing worth it whether you like the song or care about bitches or not.

So get this, possibly because of this thread, tonight when I was out in my favorite hangout throwing around singes as usual. I, Djoser did verily proclaim 'We are going to tip the hell out of every one of these bitches tonight.' I kid you not!

The minute I said it I knew it was this thread that made me say it, I thought of you all, and started cracking up! WTF?? I have become that which I despise? ;D

Somehow it made the night, which was already a good one. I am actually very happy the OP started the thread, at this point. Sorry to be negative at first, Sunny,* I was just reacting honestly, and DJs always argue about some songs. Really whatever works in your club is what you should play.

I told the people at the couch about it, I think a few of them even got it.

sunny,*
01-24-2011, 01:17 PM
What an interesting thread!

So I think that...

The strip club holds inside itself a fantasy (we can all agree on that). I don't take the culture inside the club too seriously, because for me IT DOESN'T TRANSLATE TO REAL LIFE. I very rarely behave outside the club the way I behave inside the club, and I very rarely tolerate being disrespected or objectified outside the club... whereas if I'm making a few hundred dollars, of COURSE you can stare as my ass and say dirty things to me.

Now in order for me to deal with the ups and downs of this crazy fantasy place, I try to get excited about it and have fun with it! All the time, inside or outside the club. I have to be ready to be objectified as soon as I walk into that door... part of that is being okay with absurd music like this song. It's hysterical! It's fun and upbeat, talks about throwing money, and doesn't take itself too seriously. It's exactly what strip club culture is for a lot of people, especially the young crowd (which I am a part of). And that is why I like this song, and other similar ones :). We could say that, in it's own way, it's kind of therapeutic. ;)

Tempest- I don't think this guy guy can even be compared to Tupac or Biggie. Apples and oranges.

Djoser- Parades are meant to be rained on ;). It's no big deal, I like the lively conversation.. even if I don't take part in it very much. My point is that I don't take any of this stuff too seriously. Life just is.. you know?

Camwhore- I work at a predominately white club, but some of the black girls make the most money, just fyi. They might dance to some song with disrespectful lyrics, but the white girls dance to the worst stuff, hands down..... which usually comes in the form of dance/techno-ish and rock songs.

hockeybobby
01-24-2011, 09:15 PM
I was singing this at the office intermittently today. "Imma make it rain bitch...Imma make it rain" oh ya. I don't think anyone has noticed yet cuz I've kept my voice way low, and sorta immitating the dude....but yeah..."Imma...make it...rain..bitch....Imma make it rain". Kinda stuck in my head.

princessjas
01-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Pretty much hate the song and the beat, but I'd have damn sure danced to it on Saturday nights (which was always young guys and a packed, party vibe). I'd have really liked to have it play after my set, when I was dancing around on the bar for tips. I think I'd have had to sing the part about "You wanna see some ass? I wanna see some cash!" though. LOL

jasmine22
02-14-2011, 01:08 AM
Whats the big deal if they call a woman a bitch in the song??? Bc its a hip hop song everyone wants to make it a racist thing, what about crazy bitch by buckcherry? Or all the rock songs where they call women bitches....

Some women are bitches lol!! We all know that one girl
Its a fun song about makin it rain and she calls the guy a trick so i like it:) And yes ive fuckin danced to this

CamWhore
02-14-2011, 01:20 AM
just my opinion, which i'm entitled to.

*eats popcorn*

pamand
02-14-2011, 12:52 PM
degrading really.

*shrugs*

'Making it rain' used to be a gesture of respect. Now it's just another way for sexist assholes to show off.

Though I suppose it's better than calling her a bitch and not giving her anything at all.

Well said!

Fact of the matter is some women don't have respect for themselves.

... that you can see on this thread :)

pamand
02-14-2011, 12:56 PM
White dancers make more money than black dancers because they all dance to respectful lyrics?/:O

Que???? is right!

I have seen white girls dance to "disrespectful" music. Ha! That was the quote of the day right there.

Djoser
02-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Whats the big deal if they call a woman a bitch in the song??? Bc its a hip hop song everyone wants to make it a racist thing, what about crazy bitch by buckcherry? Or all the rock songs where they call women bitches....

Some women are bitches lol!! We all know that one girl
Its a fun song about makin it rain and she calls the guy a trick so i like it:) And yes ive fuckin danced to this

Yes, I have definitely worked with a few! And a lot of guys are assholes. Especially the ones who can't seem to call women anything else but 'bitches'. ;D

Good point about the rock songs using the word 'bitch' as well. Like 'Crazy Bitch'. I hate that fucking song. 'But she fucks so good I'm on top of it.' Right, asshole. Or that really cool song I used to like until I started thinking about it. 'She don't eat meat, but she sure likes the bone.' Shut the fuck up.

Rock has always been sexist. Back in The Day, when I was growing up listening to R & B in Detroit Michigan, it was the rockers who were in the lead with sexist lyrics. The R & B guys were singing about making the women feel good all night long.

But times have definitely changed. The rappers (not all of them) have clearly taken the lead with sexist lyrics and behavior, to the extent that rockers are generally like cub scouts by comparison. Calling a girl 'shorty' is the closest these motherfuckers can come to paying a woman a compliment.

There are no male R & B singers to speak of. Every female R & B singer is seemingly unable to release any song whatsoever, without some fucking rapper legitimizing it for her by introducing the song (usually by shouting out who he is) and ruining it periodically by rapping in the middle of it. Black women need to take a stand on this, IMO. But I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Anyway it's not a big deal, the guy singing is clearly joking around, even if I don't really get the joke, and I don't really like the song musically. I would play it if I could edit out the male singer and leave the girls singing about getting the money. There are a lot worse songs. It was the 'bitch' in the title that got my attention, as it often does. I am glad it makes the OP feel good about work and getting money from the assholes there.

...I very rarely tolerate being disrespected or objectified outside the club... whereas if I'm making a few hundred dollars, of COURSE you can stare as my ass and say dirty things to me.

My point is that I don't take any of this stuff too seriously. Life just is.. you know?

Another great quote.

Sometimes a little controversy is a good thing, if people can understand each other in the end.

sierra.
02-14-2011, 05:26 PM
I really, really don't like the word bitch. I think it's hateful and disrespectful (obviously some contexts are an exception to this). I don't say it, and my boyfriend (and even his roommates) knows not to say it around me.

But like a lot of people have already said, the strip club is a fantasy. I don't have the same expectations for in there that I do in real life. If I did I'd just drive myself crazy.
Having said that, I do like the song, mostly for the lady's part.

OJenni!
02-14-2011, 09:34 PM

it also seems like she is saying "make it rain trick"

Calling the dude a trick is just as degrading.

That said I don't mind playing degrading stuff, I don't take things too seriously.

Djoser
02-14-2011, 09:35 PM
I really, really don't like the word bitch. I think it's hateful and disrespectful (obviously some contexts are an exception to this). I don't say it, and my boyfriend (and even his roommates) knows not to say it around me.

But like a lot of people have already said, the strip club is a fantasy. I don't have the same expectations for in there that I do in real life. If I did I'd just drive myself crazy.
Having said that, I do like the song, mostly for the lady's part.

Yeah I love the women singing about getting the money! We need more songs like that. We need more female rappers, actually; like Lil' Kim, Salt n' Pepa (older music I know but I just woke up my brain isn't working yet), etc.

The entire music industry is sexist. Rock, rap, whatever--the women in the business are vastly outnumbered by the men. With the possible exception of R & B which has a lot of women getting stuff out, but as I posted before they can't seem to do it without some damned token rapper 'legitimizing' the songs.

They tend to be young men (rock and rap both); and as young men will do, they sing about getting laid a lot and what badasses they are. It's gone beyond boring to hear about it, though. I'm a guy, I like to get laid and love to kickass if someone fucks with me, or the women in my club especially. But I know better than to go on and on about it to other people. I am beyond sick to death of it in popular music. Maybe it's time to retire, because young men are sure as shit not going to stop singing about getting laid and kicking ass.

If I was more adept with the mixing I would love to do a remix of this with the women's vocals given priority. I would definitely play a song with women singing:

"You wanna see some ass? I wanna see some cash!"

Hell yes...

Djoser
02-14-2011, 10:21 PM
it also seems like she is saying "make it rain trick"

Calling the dude a trick is just as degrading.

That said I don't mind playing degrading stuff, I don't take things too seriously.

I was posting when you posted this so didn't see it. You are correct, of course--but in the context (him calling her a bitch, however humorously) it's more like a comeback or trade-off. But yeah, calling guys 'tricks' is just as bad. Maybe if I got my wish and there were a bunch of female rappers, we'd see people bitching about this.

:D

CamWhore
02-15-2011, 02:21 AM
the issue really is how black woman accept this shit, and will dance until the sun comes up to this shit, making these rappers create even more shit.

seems like some of ya'll will take anything someone gives ya...if the money is right... and these rappers know it and will exploit it...

pamand
02-15-2011, 08:22 AM
the issue really is how black woman accept this shit, and will dance until the sun comes up to this shit, making these rappers create even more shit.

seems like some of ya'll will take anything someone gives ya...if the money is right... and these rappers know it and will exploit it...

Exactly.

Pure
02-15-2011, 10:14 AM

Actually, rappers will keep creating what makes them money. That has to do with who is buying their albums, not who is dancing to them in a stripclub. I don't put money into these artists pockets, but I will use their songs to make money. What I dance to in a club while doing my job and portraying a fantasy is not a reflection of who I am as a black woman.

pamand
02-15-2011, 11:38 AM
Actually, rappers will keep creating what makes them money. That has to do with who is buying their albums, not who is dancing to them in a stripclub. I don't put money into these artists pockets, but I will use their songs to make money. What I dance to in a club while doing my job and portraying a fantasy is not a reflection of who I am as a black woman.

You say that.. but that's not what the people watching you dance think. Just sayin'. You know.. the stereotype ;)

Pure
02-15-2011, 12:43 PM
You say that.. but that's not what the people watching you dance think. Just sayin'. You know.. the stereotype ;)

They are customers..... I don't give a shit what they think

sierra.
02-17-2011, 12:23 AM

Customers think?

lol jk

TeeBaby
02-17-2011, 07:42 AM
Speaking from a musical standpoint, it's a satire song - a very catchy satire song.

If I was still stripping, I would dance to this song on stage even though I suck at booty dancing. I like it. BUT if I was at a nightclub, I would not be on the floor with it. I would be seated at the bar with my drink dancing from the waist up. It's a guilty pleasure ... along with Plies "Becky"

jasmine22
02-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Someone said the songs are sexist and some girls don't have respect for themselves bc they dance to sexist songs.....we work in stripclubs. These places themselves are sexist, so who ru kidding?? Girls choose to do this job and choose music they want to dance to....isn't that a form of feminism ?? Making it rain is degrading...but yet u guys take that money. Doing a lapdance or taking ur clothes off for douchebags can be considered degrading by mainstream society. So isn't it all just in our minds? If a girl wants to dance to a song like that it doesn't mean she has no respect for herself, just like if a girl becomes a dancer.

pamand
02-17-2011, 06:14 PM

Customers think?

lol jk

Weird.

Ya kinda have to care what a customer thinks.. they're the ones buying.

Marketing 101.

Pure
02-17-2011, 08:24 PM
Weird.

Ya kinda have to care what a customer thinks.. they're the ones buying.

Marketing 101.

No. I only have to give the illusion of caring.

Hustling 101.