PDA

View Full Version : Songs You Wish They WOULDN'T Play For You?

Pages : [1] 2

Arizona_Angel
02-09-2011, 01:42 AM
"Down With the Sickness" by Disturbed

"Crazy Bitch" by Buckcherry

"I'll Fuck You Blind Bitch" by Kid Rock

"Something in Your Mouth" by Nickelback

"Closer" by Nine Inch Nails

"I Sit on Acid" by Lords of Acid

"Bad Girlfriend" by Theory of a Deadman

No offense to anyone who likes these....but they are seriously overplayed to me...and I cringe when I have to dance to them.

livingdeadgirl
02-09-2011, 07:12 AM
-_-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO89dGShFe0

anouk.oui
02-09-2011, 09:05 AM
all the PP girls need to get on here and help me assemble the playlist from hell.
when that 'good night song' by black eyed peas play i always start having a shit night. its like an omen.
they dont need to play ice ice baby
and all the elevator shit they play before 9 on weekdays

anouk.oui
02-09-2011, 09:10 AM
all the PP girls need to get on here and help me assemble the playlist from hell.
when that 'good night song' by black eyed peas play i always start having a shit night. its like an omen.
they dont need to play ice ice baby
and all the elevator shit they play before 9 on weekdays

Pure
02-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Anything by Kesha, black eyed peas, flo rida, Sean Kingston or Jason derulo. Or any corny dance remix of an actually cool song. Or any 90's rock. I don't mind guns n roses, whitesnake, poison or def leopard, but NOT for ME to dance to.

kaiarose
02-09-2011, 11:59 AM
"That Smell" by Lynyrd Skynrd... ok it's never played for me but it's not appropriate to play this song as ANY girl's naked song...LOL

Athenathefabulous
02-09-2011, 12:10 PM
2 that i really hate:

Down with the sickness by disturbed. i tell DJs i like industrial and they seem to play this. wtf? now i always have a disclaimer to please never play disturbed while i am on stage.

Cake and Sodomy by marilyn manson: i have marilyn manson on my list of music that i like but i feel like this song should NEVER be played in a strip club. i wince every time i hear the lines "too much oral defacation" and "explain the shit stains on your face". during a lap dance, on stage whatever-- its very difficult to dance sexily and make eye contact when this song is playing. its just embarassing.

mia_fey
02-09-2011, 02:19 PM
^Down With the Sickness, Living Dead Girl, anything Nickleback, Bad Girlfriend, Lips Like Morphine, and Black Velvet (I loathe this song).

Lacy Luck
02-09-2011, 03:07 PM
+Anything Nickleback
For me, no bootyshake hip hop please. My ass can't do that.
No country music, ever. Especially stuff about Jesus and or guns. And yes my last club played some hillbilly shit that was about both, jesus AND guns in the same song. Just ....no.

Athenathefabulous
02-09-2011, 04:51 PM
also anything sung by child stars. Do we really need to be dancing around naked to miley cyrus? no, i dont think we do.

C0RINNE
02-10-2011, 04:33 AM
also anything sung by child stars. Do we really need to be dancing around naked to miley cyrus? no, i dont think we do.

Right?? Or Justin Bieber. I had to dance to him once... never. again. If the singer is prepubescent, their shit should NOT be playing in a strip club.

livingdeadgirl
02-10-2011, 06:35 AM
Living Dead Girl,

awww common, its a good song :)

ANYTHING nickleback (shootme)

_Avery_
02-10-2011, 10:10 AM
I always hated when Marilyn Manson was played for me as well.
Although, I like him, it just made guys believe even more that I was some "goth girl"...and just brought on more stupid questions like, "So...I see you're dancing to Manson, and you have dark hair and tattoos, that must mean you're like...uh...a goth...huh?" ::)

and I really wasn't a fan dancing to older rock...it was so much easier bringing in my IPOD and just saying, "PLAY THIS!"...thanks. :)

anouk.oui
02-10-2011, 06:34 PM
i prefer classic rock, but that only ever comes up on the weekend when the dj is in.
but nsync and britney? me no comprehendo. its like being stuck in a 12 year old girls wet dream, not for the sc

pixierocksonthepole
02-10-2011, 07:48 PM
the fucking Safety Dance song. Worst song I ever danced to. Ever. -_-

mia_fey
02-10-2011, 08:11 PM
awww common, its a good song :)

ANYTHING nickleback (shootme)

it is a good song, but it is overplayed at my club :(

TequilatoKillYa
02-10-2011, 08:14 PM

HAHAHAHahah, I wasnt sure what the song was so I youtubed it, and the video by itself made me go gahh poor girl ahahaha couldnt help but picture a girl trying to dance to that. I feel for ya..Lol

pixierocksonthepole
02-10-2011, 10:31 PM
HAHAHAHahah, I wasnt sure what the song was so I youtubed it, and the video by itself made me go gahh poor girl ahahaha couldnt help but picture a girl trying to dance to that. I feel for ya..Lol

It was absolutely terrifying. I love 80's music just not that song. Sad, sad day in the world of Quinn.

*Jade*Love
02-11-2011, 05:27 PM
I make sure to give the dj a list of songs I like so even if I'm not available to tell him I can still dance to my usual music.

But it blows my mind how girls manage to dance to some of the stupid annoying shit they play at my club..

Anything by Drake is horrendous
"1-4-3" by Bobby Brackin/ Ray-J. It sounds like they're saying "one for free" and the tune pisses me the fuck off.
What's My Name by Rihanna. I usually like her but OMG this song is awful. She sounds like a kid, I think of some ghetto high schooler with a cartoon backpack on instead of a hot stripper. Not sexy at all.

ManyRoses
02-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Brick House - great song, not so good for me. Every time its played, the custy starts talking about how its great for me cause of my big ass (I'm like, 120lbs). snarl!!

Anything by a teen star - are you frickin kidding me? If you wouldn't be allowed in the club, neither is your music!! And I'm including songs from anyone who is now in their 20s or 30s, but the song was released when they were 16 (hit me baby one more time...so you can knock me out and I don't have to listen to that shit any more!)

Whatever the newest song is that every feature girl is currently using for her set. I remember one night where I listened to David Guetta's "sexy bitch" maybe 20 times....

And the winner is.....(drumroll) the theme from the Meow Mix commercial.
A certain feature dancer comes on the stage to this once a night. In a cat costume. Imagine being halfway through a set of three dances, or finishing a dance and whispering in a custy's ear"oh my god, I'm just so turned on, I'm not ready to stop yet, so let's just... MEOW MIX MEOW MIX YUM YUM YUM YUM..

Kisca
02-12-2011, 01:25 AM
And the winner is.....(drumroll) the theme from the Meow Mix commercial.
A certain feature dancer comes on the stage to this once a night. In a cat costume. Imagine being halfway through a set of three dances, or finishing a dance and whispering in a custy's ear"oh my god, I'm just so turned on, I'm not ready to stop yet, so let's just... MEOW MIX MEOW MIX YUM YUM YUM YUM..

Hahaha Thats the best!!!!! Errmm I like that song.. But it shouldnt be in the SC but Id totally watch that out of curiousity.

lol1337a
02-12-2011, 01:43 AM
Rihanna and Eminem--Love the Way You Lie.

A customer requested it for me last night. "If she tries to fuckin leave again, Ima tie her to the bed and set this house on fire"

firemaiden04
02-13-2011, 10:42 AM
Pour Some Sugar on Me.

I was like, "HELL no."

And the guy kept insisting I would make hundreds of dollars on stage if I danced to it. But not from him--oh no. It was the OTHER customers who would spend all their money. And no one would tip me if I danced to my music because it wasn't sexy.

The guy started pissing me off--I felt bad for his girlfriend who was there with him--she was obviously so embarrassed. But she was a metalhead like me, so when I finally went onstage and danced to my music, I made plenty of money--off of her, and off of like seven other customers who came up and made it rain on me. It was a beautiful moment.

Djoser
02-16-2011, 10:04 PM
I fucking hate 'Love the Way You Lie'. But I play it anyway because it's one of the only three songs that one of the better dancers likes that I can play thursday-saturday nights. They won't tell me what they like, so many of them (well over half are foreign and many can barely speak English). I have girls with ONE song in their folder.

Anyway, yeah, Rihanna is whiny and Eminem just sucks, period. He is one of the most over-rated 'artists' out there, even if he is 50 times better than fucking 50cent, whom I will not play either. The whole concept of rap is that the 'artist' has a voice that sounds good, like a musical instrument. But these guys don't sound good anymore, most of them, and all they rap about is how many bitches they fuck and how badass they are. That's fucking boring shit to me.

I also despise anything by Drake and won't play him. But at least the guy know how to dress, unlike the vast majority of hip-hop/rap stars. :D

I hear you all on the overplayed stuff. It's a serious problem in most clubs, unless they have rules about it like used to be in my club, by my request when I started.

But more and more I am overplaying songs, just because I am so sick to death of fighting the dancers every single time so many of them go up--because they are demanding the same suckdick rap, cheesy pop, or whiny rock songs that are played on the radio 50 times daily. I never used to play songs more than twice a night and even then separated by several hours, but I just don't care anymore. Especially because we now have a new rule--ONLY Top40.

And the fucking country, I hate it. There's maybe three songs I can handle. But guess what? We have a dancer that will only dance to country, and she's already tired of the three good ones, and insisting I play all this shitty country now.

I really don't have a choice, in my club we pretty much have to play what the dancers want. Which means a lot of shittastic music.

I will never bitch about the DJ playing lousy music in a stripclub again. Maybe he doesn't have a choice like I don't. But I will leave any club if I hear too much gangsta rap, I can't stand that shit anymore.

I no longer care if customers bitch about the music. If they sat in my booth for twenty minutes, they'd probably have to be carried out gibbering like idiots, so the hell with them. Unless they are going to tip the girls very well I could give a fuck. Sorry to the customers out there, that's just life in a lot of the clubs.

Djoser
02-16-2011, 10:12 PM
2 that i really hate:

Down with the sickness by disturbed. i tell DJs i like industrial and they seem to play this. wtf? now i always have a disclaimer to please never play disturbed while i am on stage.

Cake and Sodomy by marilyn manson: i have marilyn manson on my list of music that i like but i feel like this song should NEVER be played in a strip club. i wince every time i hear the lines "too much oral defacation" and "explain the shit stains on your face". during a lap dance, on stage whatever-- its very difficult to dance sexily and make eye contact when this song is playing. its just embarassing.

Wow that (Down with the Sickness) sure isn't industrial!

I liked Cake and Sodomy when I heard it, but never played it in the club as I haven't transferred it to my computer yet. But I could never hear what he was singing, I hear you on the gross lyrics. truth is, the vast majority of these guys aren't listening and could care less, but that is pushing it.

I am actually sick to death of Marilyn Manson right now because I have one dancer who will not dance to anything else at all.* And she wants the songs where he screams as loud as possible for thirty seconds straight, then it's fucking quiet as hell for thirty seconds so you turn it up, only to have the fucking screaming blast everyone out if you don't catch it on time again. Repeat 4-5 times per song. And hey, I'm all for some heavy, nasty, kickass hard rock--but there's nothing at all sexy about that fucking Manson version of 'Sweet Dreams' (and several other songs like that he does). I would instantly lose any hardon I had if I was trying to fuck a girl with that playing.

*Except that new shitty Afrojack song everyone is going crazy for now.

C0RINNE
02-17-2011, 05:58 PM
"Jesus Take The Wheel". There is a weekly country night at one of my clubs, and while I greatly dislike dancing to country in general, this song just took it to a whole different level. How can anyone possibly be sexy to this song!!??? /:O

sunny,*
02-22-2011, 07:55 PM
^Hahaha @ Jesus Take the Wheel. I could NEVER.

I really dislike dancing to Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, CeLo Green, and Black Eyed Peas... and I swear to god if my dj tries to play Kesha again while I'm on stage I will walk off.

I want to dance to reggae 90% of the time :-).... they only let me do it like 50% of the time :-(

cherryblossomsinspring
02-23-2011, 12:02 AM

hahahah lol this kills me !!!! hahaahah

cherryblossomsinspring
02-23-2011, 12:03 AM
anything by the cranberries.
I used to work with a dj who always tried to pair "zombie" with this fucking theater of tragedy song i danced to. Wtf?

omg!! This is my song!! But yes i can't see it being a strip club song thou... Where do they get these dj's?

cherryblossomsinspring
02-23-2011, 12:05 AM
"down with the sickness" by disturbed

"crazy bitch" by buckcherry

"i'll fuck you blind bitch" by kid rock

"something in your mouth" by nickelback

"closer" by nine inch nails

"i sit on acid" by lords of acid

"bad girlfriend" by theory of a deadman

no offense to anyone who likes these....but they are seriously overplayed to me...and i cringe when i have to dance to them.

i don't know about the other songs, but i thought "closer by nin" was a hot song, i still rock it in my car because it sounds sexy!!!!!! But maybe it's over played .

CherryBomb954
02-24-2011, 03:31 AM
KORN.....anything by them. Not that I don't like the band but, I HATE when DJs play it for me. It's so angry and negative....for gods sakes Jonathan Davis writes alot of his lyrics about being sexually molested as a kid....

livingdeadgirl
02-24-2011, 06:20 AM
I dance to korn sometimes... I dont mind usually. Korns aight

Glamgirl
02-24-2011, 06:47 AM
2 that i really hate:

Dont forget the "who said date rape isnt kind?" part

pixierocksonthepole
02-24-2011, 08:56 AM
I never ever got sick of dancing to Korn....might have something to do with them being my favorite band ever! ;)

xGigi
02-24-2011, 02:03 PM
that freaking OBNOXIOUS new avril lavigne song "what the hell" it makes me want to rip my hair out. especially the "yeah yeah yeah yeah"s and the never-ending "la la la la la la la la la la la la" at the end OH MY GOD IT DRIVES ME INSANE. I've always disliked her but at least I could tolerate her.... that song though...it makes me want to scream!!!!

xGigi
02-25-2011, 10:17 AM
^I hate when guys ask me "did you pick this song?"

yeah I fucking sit around all day before I come to work and think of 100 songs I want to listen to for all my stage sets

kaiarose
02-25-2011, 11:14 AM
I used to dance with this chick who danced to "Hakuna Matata". No fucking joke. The fact that the DJ had this song still boggles my mind :O

xGigi
02-25-2011, 05:06 PM
^LMAO!!!!!! hey! whatever puts you in a good mood I guess! I bet the customers got a kick out of it. I've heard the YMCA song at strip clubs and all sorts of stupid shit.

pink_bunny
02-27-2011, 01:30 PM
I really don't have a choice, in my club we pretty much have to play what the dancers want. Which means a lot of shittastic music.

>>> lol @ Shittastic music

Amareth
03-08-2011, 12:54 AM

I used to work at a club where one DJ would play that song about 5 times a night. Usually followed by Grandmaster Flash - White Lines and other similar style 80s songs.

Just not sexy. Same DJ made me dance to some football song because a reg wanted to hear it (so play when there's no girls on stage!) Worst DJ ever.

I can't stand Akon. The repetitive lyrics just drive me insane.

Usagi
03-12-2011, 05:13 PM
I think "Closer" is way overplayed at SCs. Every time a girl dances to that song, I don't tip her. However, I did hear a pretty cool "Come Together" and "Closer" mashup once at a SC.

Kisca
03-12-2011, 06:50 PM
There was a girl who would dance to, children of the bodom and pantera. I got really annoyed and everyone was looking around with a "WTF" face when those type of songs went on. Dont get me wrong, I love that sorta music, in the house, in a car etc.. In a SC? No way! During a lapdance, she went on stage and there went the screaming.. Total turn-off.

Eminem, too angry and annoying for the SC. Anything with rhinanna... Sick sick sick of her voice. Rap songs that go "gimme money, money money money" non-stop.. esp when its empty!

dlabtot
03-12-2011, 10:33 PM
All those supposedly sexy country songs like ... tractor's sexy ... ride a cowboy ... et cetera ad nauseum .... hey, I like country when it's good but

Usagi
03-13-2011, 08:36 PM
A DJ once played "Dick in a Box" for my favorite dancer. It was kind of funny how she danced to it. She mimed the box as the singers went over the steps. It was pretty funny! :)

cocochanel
03-14-2011, 11:27 AM
I like metal, and somehow the DJ thinks this is what I meant??

Brokencyde: Booty Call (http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNXb5roCBUY)

"crunkcore" or whatever this garbage is called... sucks. weird screamo-hipster rap/rock hybrids don't count as metal >:(

So Fine Divyne
03-16-2011, 05:20 AM
Stupid Girl- cold Like the song personally, but not while I'm on stage.

NERD- lapdance
Stupid dude:huh,huh, the song said it was free
Me: you misheard, she said,"Well you can get this lap dance here for a fee"(deadpan)

Usagi
03-20-2011, 03:00 PM
Stupid Girl- cold Like the song personally, but not while I'm on stage.

NERD- lapdance
Stupid dude:huh,huh, the song said it was free
Me: you misheard, she said,"Well you can get this lap dance here for a fee"(deadpan)

You can also say...

"Well, a lap dance is free, but each dance has a $20 surcharge."

lilykane
03-28-2011, 12:32 AM

i watched the video for this song, too and i keep laughing at this ;D What dance moves did you do while this was playing??! i think i would have given up on trying to look sexy and just looked ridiculous... i feel for you

XAnastasiaX
03-28-2011, 02:41 AM
If I hear my chick bad my chick hood one more time I'm gonna scream

I seriously think me and my stage buddy ( we share stage with another girl) are the only chicks who dance to classic rock anymore

So Fine Divyne
03-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Hey yaaaaaa: Outkast

It's got the weirdest beat for stripping to. Club dancing is easy to this song, but stage dancing omg. Just because I dance to Spottieottiedopalicious does not mean I will dance to all Outkast. This DJ plays everything else I like so I don't complain, but I feel lost to this.