PDA

View Full Version : SNL Strip Club DJ Sketch

dirtycash
04-12-2011, 02:06 AM
From this past Saturday

http://www.hulu.com/watch/231277/saturday-night-live-strip-club

BeBe
04-12-2011, 03:46 AM
My boyfriend pointed this video out to me. Love it! It's a must see ladies. I love watching spoofs on the stripclub scene. Wish we had a DJ like this. Love his voice and the shots of Asian businessmen dead on.

}:D

johnjdick
04-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Lol. I love joking around on the microphone like that. Management would be all over my ass if I spent that much time talking and fucking around, though.

dirtycash
04-12-2011, 12:31 PM
I think we're the only people who found this sketch funny. Obviously, they were going for a cheesy DJ in a 'titty bar' but the jokes weren't landing.

but I'm gonna have to remember "They call her Lace cuz she's thin, white and full of holes"

johnjdick
04-12-2011, 12:43 PM
The ladies might not appreciate this one so much, but any strip club DJs in the audience can relate. Note to the ladies: Please please please don't be this girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75_gsU_8SoA

DesuvsDeath
04-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Lol @ the girl who comes out and cleans the pole!
That's always SOOOO tacky. xD

Sadly, this guy is actually a BETTER DJ than some I've worked with.

Djoser
04-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Haha I worked with a dancer just like 'Tanya' up in Daytona, she'd probably been stripping for damned near 40 years. Not a pretty sight.

Optimist
04-13-2011, 10:38 PM
I think they didn't like it much because it wasn't very funny. It had potential but all the jokes were insults at the girls expense at a time when housewives and career women are going to "pole dancing" classes to develop their own inner sexpot. The joke of strip clubs in reality is on everyone. That's what's funny, everybody has something goofy going on. It was set up like everyone in the club is pretty much ok except the dancers who we must all agree are losers/stupid just because they are dancers. Problem is lots of people don't agree anymore and actually party with us at the club (God help us!). I don't think that routine flies as well now as it would have 20 years ago when Al Bundy could go to the strip club and his character as well as the strippers would have the studio audience rolling.

BeBe
04-14-2011, 02:35 AM
The ladies might not appreciate this one so much, but any strip club DJs in the audience can relate. Note to the ladies: Please please please don't be this girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75_gsU_8SoA

Yeah, this video packs a familiar punch. LOL, and it pains me to say this sh$$ really goes on... I'd hate to be the DJ at a stripclub too, because he is one of the most hated men in the club besides the GM and the cheap a$$ custys.

One can never find a balance in a room full of degenerates, oh well...

johnjdick
04-14-2011, 02:41 AM
Sometimes I feel like my job is akin to wrangling wet cats into a bathtub. "What do you mean I have to go on stage again? I just got off stage." Me: "That was two hours ago, hon". HER (while I'm looking at the list showing what time she last went on stage 2 hours ago): "No, it was only about half an hour ago".

I should add, not all girls are like that. In fact, most are awesome to work with. It only takes a few to completely ruin my day, though. The plight of the strip club DJ is not commonly known. The temperamental crap that we sometimes have to put up with on a daily basis makes Air Traffic Control seem as relaxing as sipping margaritas on a beach in Cancun.

Djoser
04-14-2011, 07:18 PM
Sometimes I feel like my job is akin to wrangling wet cats into a bathtub. "What do you mean I have to go on stage again? I just got off stage." Me: "That was two hours ago, hon". HER (while I'm looking at the list showing what time she last went on stage 2 hours ago): "No, it was only about half an hour ago".

I should add, not all girls are like that. In fact, most are awesome to work with. It only takes a few to completely ruin my day, though. The plight of the strip club DJ is not commonly known. The temperamental crap that we sometimes have to put up with on a daily basis makes Air Traffic Control seem as relaxing as sipping margaritas on a beach in Cancun.

Don't even get me started on this.

;D

While it's true they aren't all like the one in the second video, there are enough who are exactly like that to make this by far the toughest job I have ever had, and I've had a lot of fucking weird, crazy, difficult jobs.

And yeah all it takes is one or two like that a night. Odds are it's going to happen--though it happens more in some clubs than others, it should be said.

Bahahahah! This was so fucking funny! My favorite part:
“Can I play you the latest ubiquitous rock song? No. I am going to demand that you play for me a song that will not only destroy the energy of the room that you have worked so hard to build over the last five hours but also it will jeopardize your very job at this institution.”

I just went through an extended bout of this when the owner tightened up the music rules a while back. Those women didn't give a flying fuck whether I got fired or not, all they cared about was hearing their music that was totally against the rules. I would explain to them 'Look, I can get fired for playing even this one song!' Either their eyes would glaze over as though I were gibbering at them in ancient Sumerian, or they would inform me that I was wrong since the other DJ played it for them the night before (when he knew damned well the owner wasn't there).

And what's really funny? After engaging in lengthy, heated, angst-laden discussions about forbidden songs, suppose you decide to go ahead and risk termination in order to make her happy for 3 minutes at least? Will she then actually show up onstage??? Maybe the last 30 seconds of the song, lol! Or maybe not at all--none of them ever tell me when they are going to the Champagne Room and I have to skip them. Or they go on break and just vanish.

johnjdick
04-14-2011, 07:29 PM
...or they would inform me that I was wrong since the other DJ played it for them the night before (when he knew damned well the owner wasn't there).

God, I hate when girls use that line. Every DJ is going to take a certain amount of risks. What each DJ is willing to do, what they're willing to accept as a risk and which girls they'll take those risks for is going to vary wildly depending on circumstances. Maybe I just got my ass chewed for playing Lil' Wayne when the DJ last night played the same song but the manager wasn't paying attention? Maybe someone slipped me $20 to play a particular song that I wouldn't normally play and I took a chance? There are all kinds of factors involved.

One thing I CAN tell you girls is that using the "other DJ played it for me" line is more likely to backfire with me and make it so I never play that song for anyone, since I always associate that line with someone trying to manipulate me into doing something I'm not supposed to do.

Djoser
04-14-2011, 07:37 PM
I think they didn't like it much because it wasn't very funny. It had potential but all the jokes were insults at the girls expense at a time when housewives and career women are going to "pole dancing" classes to develop their own inner sexpot. The joke of strip clubs in reality is on everyone. That's what's funny, everybody has something goofy going on. It was set up like everyone in the club is pretty much ok except the dancers who we must all agree are losers/stupid just because they are dancers. Problem is lots of people don't agree anymore and actually party with us at the club (God help us!). I don't think that routine flies as well now as it would have 20 years ago when Al Bundy could go to the strip club and his character as well as the strippers would have the studio audience rolling.

I did think it was pretty funny--though it could have been brilliant with a little different handling. Like going back a few more years and having a young Dan Akroyd (spelling?), he would have made the best ever sleazy DJ! Belushi as a drunk customer or maybe a bouncer also would have been perfect.

They did kind of rip up on the Japanese businessmen customers never cracking a smile or whatever, and the DJ wasn't exactly a glamor boy, ending his last shift ever at 3 PM, way to go. But I see what you mean, and I agree--everyone in the clubs ought to be fair game, because every category can exhibit the weird, funny behavior that would make excellent comedy material.

Djoser
04-14-2011, 08:04 PM
God, I hate when girls use that line. Every DJ is going to take a certain amount of risks. What each DJ is willing to do, what they're willing to accept as a risk and which girls they'll take those risks for is going to vary wildly depending on circumstances. Maybe I just got my ass chewed for playing Lil' Wayne when the DJ last night played the same song but the manager wasn't paying attention? Maybe someone slipped me $20 to play a particular song that I wouldn't normally play and I took a chance? There are all kinds of factors involved.

One thing I CAN tell you girls is that using the "other DJ played it for me" line is more likely to backfire with me and make it so I never play that song for anyone, since I always associate that line with someone trying to manipulate me into doing something I'm not supposed to do.

After years of hearing this line, I now tell them, straight up, I don't care what the other DJ does. One night I got so pissed off at hearing it (for the third time) I told the dancer in question 'Fuck the other DJ in the ass with a carrot.' She was mad about that for a while, but she got over it.

johnjdick
04-14-2011, 08:34 PM
What really kills me is that it always seems to be the same girls who rarely tip the DJ who are the most picky and difficult to work with. Think about it ladies; if you had a customer who day after day was always asking you for favors but never paid you for them... would you be inclined to continue talking to him?

I actually had one girl whom I mentioned this to (which I try to avoid doing). When she asked me for a favor, and I mentioned that she hadn't tipped me in three weeks, she had the audacity to exclaim, "Oh, so it's all about money to you"! No shit... Duh. I don't know why you come to work... maybe you enjoy grinding on sweaty men for free or something. As for me, I got bills to pay... just like everyone else.

Of course, the last half of that discussion I kept to myself ;) No sense arguing with someone who is already irrational.

Djoser
04-15-2011, 03:10 AM
What really kills me is that it always seems to be the same girls who rarely tip the DJ who are the most picky and difficult to work with...

Absolutely. Once in a very great while, you will run into a good tipper who is also a pain in the ass--but this is extremely rare.

I actually had one girl whom I mentioned this to (which I try to avoid doing). When she asked me for a favor, and I mentioned that she hadn't tipped me in three weeks, she had the audacity to exclaim, "Oh, so it's all about money to you"!

Oh yeah, I've heard a lot of bizarre reasons for repeatedly stiffing the DJ. And the same cheap bitches will freak the fuck out if a customer tries to stiff them for a dance, is drunk and accidentally shortchanges them, or doesn't tip at the rail.

I laugh like hell when those girls complain about non-tipping motherfuckers when they are onstage. How does that feel again?

:rotfl:

kleptomaniac
04-16-2011, 12:29 AM
HA love the Asian men.. so accurate.