PDA

View Full Version : "Would you like to buy the lady a drink?"

Pages : [1] 2

Mr Hyde
04-22-2011, 11:54 AM
This question at a strip club stresses me out, and here's why...

I don't mind buying a drink for a stripper. In fact, I like doing so, in theory. HOWEVER...I've been burned too many times to be able to just say yes. In fact, I remember the VERY FIRST TIME this question was asked of me, and I said "sure!"

The girl ordered a $14 champagne drink. And this was in the early 90s. $14 back then is probably about $20 now.

I hate to sound like a cheap ass, but really?

That wasn't the only time this has happened, and now I'm gunshy.

Or maybe I AM cheap...but I just feel taken advantage of when something like that happens...

kaiarose
04-22-2011, 12:00 PM
I know I'm not a Blue but I have to agree with you and say that this question makes me, as a dancer, uncomfortable. We have this one waitress that is a hustler when it comes to selling drinks. As soon as she sees a girl sit down she runs over and asks, 'Would you like to buy the lady a drink?" #1 if he says "no" it's a bit awkward afterwards.. but I do understand him saying "no" but I'm weird and feel like I'm unwanted even if that's not the case. #2 I feel like he thinks I'm in on something with the waitress and am trying to take all his money right away. #3 Most of the time I'd rather he save the money for dances. #4 It is a rule that we HAVE to finish the whole goddamn drink before we can move on. #5 She's kind of ruining my hustle. I want to be the one that asks him for something first. A simple "Can I get you anything else?" is a much better approach, IMO..

johnjdick
04-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Yeah. From a customer standpoint, pushy waitresses are annoying as hell.

Raider
04-22-2011, 01:14 PM
I know I'm not a Blue but I have to agree with you and say that this question makes me, as a dancer, uncomfortable.

#4 It is a rule that we HAVE to finish the whole goddamn drink before we can move on.

Yes..in general it can make for uncomfortable moments. I usually sit by the bar and they have a pretty good idea of when to ask about drinks. If it is someone I don't want to buy a drink for I just mention I am on a budget and need to save my money for the lady I came in to see. Otherwise, it can end up being a parade up to the customer once the dancers find out who is willing to buy drinks for anyone. I am always good for a drink if it is someone I have a history with...but yes...have to agree with being annoyed with expensive drinks or when they order doubles.

#4 ?? So, if I make it across the little pond between us and line drinks up for ya.......that means you can never leave me??;) Would hate to break club rules;D

kaiarose
04-22-2011, 01:35 PM
^ What I meant by that is: If the guy and I just aren't clicking and I want to move on, I can't til I finish a drink. Plus, if it's a non alcoholic or even alcoholic drink a girl's tummy gets full fast. And we are NOT allowed to deny drinks either.. Make the trip across the pond first and then we'll talk about drinks ;)

bem401
04-22-2011, 04:15 PM
^ What I meant by that is: If the guy and I just aren't clicking and I want to move on, I can't til I finish a drink. Plus, if it's a non alcoholic or even alcoholic drink a girl's tummy gets full fast. And we are NOT allowed to deny drinks either.. Make the trip across the pond first and then we'll talk about drinks ;)

I give you credit for feeling obliged to stay with the guy till your drink is finished. I've had girls who've left just a couple sips into the drink. I was already semi-familiar with them and subsequently never bought them another drink.

As far as the OP's question is concerned, I'd suggest you not sit with girls you don't intend to spend on but if she is someone you'll be spending on, make sure she at least considers the possibility that some of that drink money might eventually end up in her purse if it doesn't get spent recklessly. That being said, I generally don't get approached by waitresses because I seldom sit anywhere but the bar and only drink water anyhow.

JoeUnCool
04-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Just say no. Its not about the girl. I'd rather spend the money on her, not the bar.

Now, you want to talk about annoying, the shooter girl at Cheetah's in Vegas. I had to say no about every 10 minutes.

lopaw
04-22-2011, 06:48 PM
There is only one club in my hunting grounds that pulls this crap. As soon as a dancer's butt hits the chair next to me, the waitress is there in a heartbeat with the "buy the lady a drink?" hustle. It wouldn't be so bad if said waitress at least left me alone for a bit afterwards. But sure enough, after I've danced with Dancer #1 and returned to my seat, Dancer #2 swoops in, followed closely behind by the aggressive waitress. This is repeated several more times as different dancers plop down beside me. That drink tab adds up quickly. I used to try and budget in this extra cost, but nowadays I avoid that club completely unless I'm in the general area. It's a shame, too, because I otherwise really like the club - the dancers there are friendly & attractive, and the dances themselves are cheap (at least by LA standards).

yoda57us
04-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Just say no thanks. Seriously, the waitress or barmaid is simply doing her job-she is supposed to sell liquor, even if there is no drink quota she is still expected to push drinks to a certain extent. I feel absolutely no obligation to spend money on a dancer who just sat down when the question was asked. I am very generous when it comes to buying drinks for my favs and even just on dancers I know but don't buy dances from as long as we are engaged in conversation.

Maybe it's because I started clubbing during the days of the old Boston Combat Zone heavy drink hustle but I have no problem refusing the request when it comes from a server or barmaid. My pet peeve of all time is when I've been sitting and being ignored by a server for ten or fifteen minutes only to have her come right over as soon as she sees a dancer sit down. Grrrr....

mortalman
04-22-2011, 08:19 PM
Thankfully the clubs in my area that I patronize are BYOB.

Clubs that I have been to in other areas where the BTLAD question comes, I usually decline. I'd rather save my money for dances

I also don't buy: T-Shirts, calenders, hats, roses, or Teddy Bears

rickdugan
04-23-2011, 05:40 AM
If one wants to club in certain places then "dancer drinks" are just a reality.

Baltimore, Boston and Mobile immediately come to mind, though there are also a couple of clubs in Queens that sell $20 mini-champagnes from which the dancers get a cut.

I have mixed feelings about it. I don't like LDs, so the dancer drink thing can actually work out well with the right girl. However, in Beantown it gets absurd with $30 dancer drinks that these girls put down quickly. In Baltimore the drink prices range from $20-25 and the girls are under heavy pressure to finish quickly as the bartenders get a healthy cut of each drink, which is why the byob Player's Club (off the block) has become a favorite stop for me.

However, in Mobile, one club that I like offers 3 different drink options, at $20, 30 and 50. The $50 drink is a huge goblet, and when I last bought one for a dancer I liked it took her a solid hour to finish it. ;) Also, in a club in Queens that I visit from time to time, the dancer drinks are a much cheaper way of spending some time with a girl than the lapdances, which run at $40 per song during the evening hours.

To sum it up, for those of us who tip for time in lieu of LDs, dancer drinks can be a convenient way of spending time with a girl without her needing to move on quickly to sell a dance, but it can also get expensive.

yoda57us
04-23-2011, 09:49 AM
in Beantown it gets absurd with $30 dancer drinks that these girls put down quickly.

LOL, nothing has changed much in Boston over the last 30 years other than the number of clubs! The first time I ever really felt "hustled" was at the old Naked I Cabaret 25 years ago when I bought a dancer a $25 champagne cocktail which she summarily downed in about three sips as she rubbed my leg and told me what a nice guy I was. Needless to say a waitress magically appeared every time my lady put down her empty glass. I mowed through $100 in about 20 minutes! As soon as I said "no" to the sixth drink the lady was gone like the wind!

That was a lot of money for me back then but her hand sure felt good on my leg...

minnow
04-23-2011, 10:38 AM
LOL, nothing has changed much in Boston over the last 30 years other than the number of clubs! The first time I ever really felt "hustled" was at the old Naked I Cabaret 25 years ago when I bought a dancer a $25 champagne cocktail which she summarily downed in about three sips as she rubbed my leg and told me what a nice guy I was. Needless to say a waitress magically appeared every time my lady put down her empty glass. I mowed through $100 in about 20 minutes! As soon as I said "no" to the sixth drink the lady was gone like the wind!

That was a lot of money for me back then but her hand sure felt good on my leg...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Was that your "3rd leg", yoda ?:D. Your scenario similar to my "potted plant incident" mentioned in 1 of my blogs on Miami clubs. That cured me of any desire to patronize a club heavy in drink hustle.

No, Mr. Hyde, wanting value for your $$ does not make you a cheapskate. IMO, spending a Benjamin or 2/hr on drinks is analogous to someone buying an expensive sports car just to sit in driveway without exercising its capabilities on the open road, or racetrack.

rickdugan
04-23-2011, 10:45 AM

LOL. It is downright painful to club in Boston, but I sometimes drop into the Slipper when I'm there on business.

I came into clubbing at the tail end of the Combat Zone era, when Boston had already cleaned up a lot of that area and was pushing out the remaining holdouts. I remember visiting the Naked I a couple of times shortly before it was closed down, but my memories consisted of naked pigs and expensive drinks in very small glasses. I think that by the time I visited the club in the mid-90s it was in its death throws.

Now, as you know, what is left in Boston are two clubs that are not really worth visiting.

Heck, much the same can be said for virtually every club in Eastern MA, though I will admit that it has been over 5 years since I have been to the Golden Banana, Foxy (Brockton), Alex's, Squire, etc. If I am roaming the area outside of Boston, I'm much more likely to find my way down to Providence.

yoda57us
04-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Yeah, the mid 90's was just about the end of the line for the Combat Zone. The old clubs were closing and there were no more permits being issued for new ones. The Foxy Lady actually tried two or three times to open a club in Boston and was refused a liquor license. Centerfolds managed to get one by partnering with the old owners of the Naked I. Even at that it sat unopened for months while the city tried to deny and entertainment license. Is it any wonder the clubs in and around Boston are so lame?!

The Foxy in Brockton, Alex's and Mario's in Webster are all good clubs and are all in my rotation along with three or four clubs in RI. They are also not really in to the whole drink hustle so they are relaxing places to hang out. Alex's actually keeps track of how many a dancer has had-they don't want them drunk at work. My fav actually ordered an O'Dooles the last time I was in there!

I used to be a regular years ago at the Banana, Squire and the Cabaret Lounge but, honestly, they are all a bore and pretty much the only people who go to them are guys who have never been some place better or are too lazy to drive there...

yoda57us
04-23-2011, 11:59 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Was that your "3rd leg", yoda ?:D. Your scenario similar to my "potted plant incident" mentioned in 1 of my blogs on Miami clubs. That cured me of any desire to patronize a club heavy in drink hustle.

LOL, this was the 1980's in Boston. No one was rubbing the third leg though quite a few of the girls worked as hookers on the side. It was easier to get laid than it was to get stick-shifted...

bem401
04-23-2011, 12:25 PM
I actually used to have a couple of dancers I visited who kept the same brand of bottled water the club sold in their lockers and would bring me one when I showed up to have a drink with them. I never asked them to do it but they were the sharpest business women of my dancer friends. I guess they figured they'd take care of my drinks and I'd take care of theirs.

I also remember making one trip to the combat zone back in the '80's. They tried to charge me $8 for a tap water 2 or 3 hours into the visit.

Redwolf
04-23-2011, 02:19 PM

Is that why you quit drinking on me early?

I think that I remember getting hit by a waitress immediately with the "buy the lady a drink?" line. Was that her? My eyes were hardly adjusted yet. The VIP waitresses, you really liked.

kaiarose
04-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Is that why you quit drinking on me early?

I think that I remember getting hit by a waitress immediately with the "buy the lady a drink?" line. Was that her? My eyes were hardly adjusted yet. The VIP waitresses, you really liked.

LOL! No I quit on you early cuz I wouldn't have been able to walk out of there if I hadn't :P
And yes I believe that was her...LOL... The VIP waitress, Amber, is one of my favorite people there altogether :)

babylovexxx
04-23-2011, 03:26 PM
UGH this annoys me so much as a dancer.. We really are not supposed to turn down drinks if they are offered, but most of the time, i dont want to feel obligated to sit around and wait for a drink i dont want!

JayATee
04-23-2011, 03:33 PM
I personally hate this. The drink hustle at my club is still huge and we have $750 bottles of champagne to sell. As a bartender I get pushed hard to sell them and I hate hustling people like that. I can't imagine what the guys think.

yyyrrrrtt
04-23-2011, 08:07 PM
I thought being forced to drink is illegal? I can't think of any other place that require you to consume alcohol. Like what if someone buys you 15 shots or you bump into a dozen guys in a row- you just get wasted?

yoda57us
04-23-2011, 09:15 PM
I thought being forced to drink is illegal? I can't think of any other place that require you to consume alcohol. Like what if someone buys you 15 shots or you bump into a dozen guys in a row- you just get wasted?

While most clubs will have a drink minimum it certainly doesn't have to be alcohol. As far as buying drinks for dancers well, no one is forcing you and again, no one says it has to be liquor.

safado
04-24-2011, 07:18 PM
You pretty much nailed it, but the one thing you miss is what I hit in my post...when you say "yes" and then she proceeds to order a $17 drink. Like, what the fuck?

Instead of just saying sure, you could turn to the dancer and ask "would you like a bud light?" or some other drink that you know to be reasonably priced.

arielbriel
04-25-2011, 12:05 AM
If one wants to club in certain places then "dancer drinks" are just a reality.

Baltimore, Boston and Mobile immediately come to mind, though there are also a couple of clubs in Queens that sell $20 mini-champagnes from which the dancers get a cut.

I have mixed feelings about it. I don't like LDs, so the dancer drink thing can actually work out well with the right girl. However, in Beantown it gets absurd with $30 dancer drinks that these girls put down quickly. In Baltimore the drink prices range from $20-25 and the girls are under heavy pressure to finish quickly as the bartenders get a healthy cut of each drink, which is why the byob Player's Club (off the block) has become a favorite stop for me.

However, in Mobile, one club that I like offers 3 different drink options, at $20, 30 and 50. The $50 drink is a huge goblet, and when I last bought one for a dancer I liked it took her a solid hour to finish it. ;) Also, in a club in Queens that I visit from time to time, the dancer drinks are a much cheaper way of spending some time with a girl than the lapdances, which run at $40 per song during the evening hours.

To sum it up, for those of us who tip for time in lieu of LDs, dancer drinks can be a convenient way of spending time with a girl without her needing to move on quickly to sell a dance, but it can also get expensive.

$40 dances? Full nude? I wonder if the club gets a cut? What's the name of the club? ;D

rickdugan
04-25-2011, 05:57 AM
$40 dances? Full nude? I wonder if the club gets a cut? What's the name of the club? ;D

The club is Scandals in Long Island City. It is right on the other side of the 59th Street bridge. The dances are topless. The house gets $20 upfront from the guy as an "entrance fee" to the LD area and, if my understanding is correct, the dancers keep the LD $$$.

Two caveats: First, this applies to dances sold after 8pm. During the dayshift they are $20. Second, my understanding is that some girls will negotiate multi-dance prices, but I have not seen much of that myself (though I only visit this club 4-5 times per year).

What some girls like about Scandals is that they do not normally let the Russian girls work on the evening shift. I guess this is a competitive move, since many of the clubs in Queens are full of Russians at night and some guys don't like them. However, now and then they will have one or more of their Slavic day girls stay if they are having trouble finding enough girls for the night shift.

Anyway, there it is. :)

yoda57us
04-25-2011, 01:39 PM
I also remember making one trip to the combat zone back in the '80's. They tried to charge me $8 for a tap water 2 or 3 hours into the visit.

Most strip clubs won't let you stay if you are not drinking something.
$8 for tap water? Must have been on special!

SydneyDancer
04-25-2011, 01:44 PM
If a customer isnt buying me drinks or paying for my time theyre wasting my time! Just my two cents worth!

Robertjordan
04-25-2011, 02:41 PM
Ybor Strip in the Tampa area does that as a course of regular business. In order to get a private dance, you have to pay a fee to the house for renting the booth. You pay the bartender who always asks, "would you like to buy a drink for the lady?" I always feel duped but I also don't want to be a douche and say no. I'm sure they are required to say yes when I say, "do want want something?" Seriously I don't mind if they really truly want a drink and heck if they asked me. I just hate that this is something pushed on us by the house.

bem401
04-25-2011, 03:13 PM
Most strip clubs won't let you stay if you are not drinking something.
$8 for tap water? Must have been on special!

I said "I've been here three fucking hours (with like 20 RI coworkers on the annual Red Sox field trip) and you wanna charge me for a water??!!. The manager gave me a pass

DesuvsDeath
04-25-2011, 03:23 PM
I hate this question, but only when it's followed by "I'd rather just tip you" and then no tip. ::)

Honestly, don't feel bad saying no if you want to say no, but if you're potentially interested in the girl and going to say no to a drink, make sure she knows you're still interested in her... just so she doesn't wander off thinking it means you don't want her either.

arielbriel
04-25-2011, 04:46 PM
That's very very true. ^ I assume they don't want me sit with them and/or they are cheap and aren't going to buy dances either.

arielbriel
04-25-2011, 04:47 PM
The club is Scandals in Long Island City. It is right on the other side of the 59th Street bridge. The dances are topless. The house gets $20 upfront from the guy as an "entrance fee" to the LD area and, if my understanding is correct, the dancers keep the LD $$$.

Two caveats: First, this applies to dances sold after 8pm. During the dayshift they are $20. Second, my understanding is that some girls will negotiate multi-dance prices, but I have not seen much of that myself (though I only visit this club 4-5 times per year).

What some girls like about Scandals is that they do not normally let the Russian girls work on the evening shift. I guess this is a competitive move, since many of the clubs in Queens are full of Russians at night and some guys don't like them. However, now and then they will have one or more of their Slavic day girls stay if they are having trouble finding enough girls for the night shift.

Anyway, there it is. :)

So is it $20 to the house for every dance you do? Cause that would mean I'm getting the same $20 as every other club in the city.
Hmm, might check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

yoda57us
04-25-2011, 07:50 PM
Honestly, don't feel bad saying no if you want to say no, but if you're potentially interested in the girl and going to say no to a drink, make sure she knows you're still interested in her... just so she doesn't wander off thinking it means you don't want her either.

This is part of the problem, to me at least, if you are dancing in a heavy drink hustle type of club. If a gal sits and strikes up a conversation and a waitress comes over after a few minutes I may very well buy the lady that drink, continue the conversation and quite possibly decide to get some dances. On the other hand, if I feel like I'm being worked simply for the sale of a drink I will just flat-out say no.

lopaw
04-25-2011, 08:07 PM
When I first started visiting my heavy drink hustle club, when the waitress inevitably came by and asked that dreaded question, I would turn to the dancer and ask her if she'd rather have a drink or a dance. The look of pure confusion on the faces of some of the dancers was painful to watch. I realized then that I was putting them between a rock & a hard place at this particular club, since they were required to sell a minimum number of drinks per day or they would get hit with additional fees. Ouch. It was at that point that I realized it was a no-win deal, and I rarely go back there now :-\.

rickdugan
04-25-2011, 08:48 PM
So is it $20 to the house for every dance you do? Cause that would mean I'm getting the same $20 as every other club in the city.
Hmm, might check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

No, the $20 is an additional "entrance fee" to the LD area that is paid upfront by the guy directly to a manager. What you charge after is on top of what he pays to go into the room. My understanding is that the girl keeps the actual per dance $$$, though I could be wrong and you would obviously want to confirm that. However, as I said before, some of the girls have been known to negotiate the LD prices a bit during the evening, though I have not run across any selling them for $20 on the night shift.

Anyway, if you do check it out I'd be interested to here your take and good luck!

arielbriel
04-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Okay, thank you! =)

lestat1
04-26-2011, 10:01 PM
If a lady has to ask a gentlemen to buy her a drink, she is so doing it wrong.

yoda57us
04-28-2011, 09:46 AM
If a lady has to ask a gentlemen to buy her a drink, she is so doing it wrong.

I would agree with you in a normal social setting but a strip club is bit different as it is only social for the customer, it's a job for the dancer. Obviously this particular thread is about waitresses doing the asking and purely as a sales tactic. As far as a dancer herself asking, well, in a strip club some would say that they are "asking" just by sitting down next to you...

lestat1
04-28-2011, 05:28 PM
^^^ What I meant was, she should be charming and provding me with such good company that I want to buy her a drink (or two) so she'll stay and I don't need to be sold on the idea of it or even asked at all.

I know I'm asking for a lot.

I've only been to a few places where I've been asked about buying her a drink (either from a waitress or a dancer) and I've usually said no. It has nothing to do with the money or the cost of the drink, rather, the conversation has been so forced and awkward that I don't want the dancer to stay through 10 minutes of unpleasant conversation while she finishes her drink. I'd rather be enjoying the stage show instead.

But I've admittedly been to very few upscale clubs, so I suspect that is part of the problem.

rickdugan
04-28-2011, 05:45 PM
^^^ What I meant was, she should be charming and provding me with such good company that I want to buy her a drink (or two) so she'll stay and I don't need to be sold on the idea of it or even asked at all.

I know I'm asking for a lot.

I've only been to a few places where I've been asked about buying her a drink (either from a waitress or a dancer) and I've usually said no. It has nothing to do with the money or the cost of the drink, rather, the conversation has been so forced and awkward that I don't want the dancer to stay through 10 minutes of unpleasant conversation while she finishes her drink. I'd rather be enjoying the stage show instead.

But I've admittedly been to very few upscale clubs, so I suspect that is part of the problem.

Ouch. When you said no, I hope you didn't really like those girls much...:O

I rarely get asked this question, except in places with dancer drink prices. However, I often offer, particularly if I said yes when the lady asked to sit with me. Many good nights have begun for me with a simple drink and a chat.

lestat1
04-30-2011, 12:28 AM
So I went to a club I don't normally go to tonight (air dances, alcohol, and conversation) and I had a pretty damned good time and several fun conversations. Go figure. I wasn't asked at all to buy a lady a drink, and instead I offered three times. Only one accepted.

Life is funny sometimes.

Mr Hyde
04-30-2011, 01:38 PM
I hate this question, but only when it's followed by "I'd rather just tip you" and then no tip. ::)

I don't mind buying a drink...it's just that I've had the "$20 drink thing" happen enough times that now I'm like...eh...not so much.

FBR
04-30-2011, 02:34 PM
I know I'm not a Blue.... You are welcome in Blue any time.

FBR

kaiarose
04-30-2011, 03:25 PM
^ Thanks FBR :)

yoda57us
05-01-2011, 08:57 AM
I know I'm not a Blue but I have to agree with you and say that this question makes me, as a dancer, uncomfortable.

What FBR said!

Not all would agree with me but I've never seen blue as some sort of men-only refuge. It would actually be pretty boring down here without some female participation. Blue and the customer convo section in pink are what make this the best strip club site on the internet.

All the cool pinks visit blue!

arielbriel
05-01-2011, 11:34 PM
In NYC the cheapest drink is like $18 and I don't know of ANY girls that drink beer here and even if they did, they are $12.

Vyanka
05-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Those waitresses should ask, "Anything else". That's hint. Instead of mentioning "the lady." To avoid putting ppl on the spot of akwardness. What if the customer is trying to get a feel her vibe before he decides he wants to buy her a drink or not (bc buying her that drink means he wants her to stay, most of the times)?

The only time the waitress should ask about the lady's drink, should be in the VIP/champange room.

Slight rant...

I hate pushy waitresses too. Dammit, if my average joe dude doesn't want champange he don't want it. I rather him spend that money on me instead of a $$$-$$$$ bottle of champange he isn't gonna drink(most of the times I don't drink either, rather stay completely sober at work). /End rant

rickdugan
05-03-2011, 04:16 AM
Those waitresses should ask, "Anything else". That's hint. Instead of mentioning "the lady." To avoid putting ppl on the spot of akwardness. What if the customer is trying to get a feel her vibe before he decides he wants to buy her a drink or not (bc buying her that drink means he wants her to stay, most of the times)?

The only time the waitress should ask about the lady's drink, should be in the VIP/champange room.

Slight rant...

IDK, but I've never seen this as much of a problem. To me, springing for a few regularly priced dancer drinks is part of the gig. If a guy gets worked up over buying a drink for a beautiful girl who has been taking her clothes off in the club then I wonder how good a target he is for a VIP.

Now there are some girls that I know, right away, that I do not want to stay. In these situations, a simple no works wonders.

Redwolf
05-03-2011, 05:03 AM
I agreed with the beautiful Vyanka. "Anything else" is perfect. It allows a perfect opening for the gentleman to ask, "Would you like a drink?" He might order a round of shots for him and her besides the drink just delivered.

If a girl just plops down and I am not interested in a dance and have discovered quickly that I am not interested in her conversation, I don't want to buy her a drink because I don't want to show her false interest.